All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 1/19/06
      #239668 - 01/18/06 10:14 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 1/19 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 1/19/06 new
      #239722 - 01/19/06 06:51 AM
Shell Marr

today is weight in day too!! watch for my report tonight

--------------------

#239992 - 01/19/06 05:24 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Still real sick. Ate about 1300 cals and drank 300 in orange juice. No exercise. I think I am about to get D from having a cold.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Awe, feel better soon, LM-nt new
      #240011 - 01/19/06 06:24 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#240012 - 01/19/06 06:27 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

1 c. egg whites
baby spinach puree
basil & chives

chicken vegetable soup
(1/2 c. chicken breast, anise, asparagus, shiitake mushrooms)

"big ol' salad" (cremini mushroom crumbles on field greens
with fatfree raspberry dressing, extra cinnamon dijon & balsalmic vinegar)

2 gf "original soy burger" patties ( www.solcuisine.com )
broccoli puree topping seasoned with McCormick's salt-free "garlic & herb" topping

All that and still less than 1000 calories. Might have to splurge on some UFO sugarless gum or tictacs!

Kate.

#240054 - 01/19/06 08:18 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

you shouldnt chew so much sugarless gum, the aspartame and chemical preservatives are really bad for you aspartame is poison linkpage its probably not very good for your IBS either

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

#240064 - 01/19/06 09:45 PM
Draupadi

Reged: 07/16/05
Loc: Santa Cruz, California

Hey Guys,

My symptoms were actually much better today, so I was able to indulge a little...here's what I ate.

*shredded oats, extra small banana, soy milk

*half veggie burger sandwich, salad with beets and chickpeas, and lite dressing

*kombucha tea and something called a "Bumble Bar"

*mushrooms, zuchinni squash, and tofu over brown rice
two small cranberry oat cookies, and small piece of dark chocolate.

I was still a little hungry after dinner, so I kept eating...I feel a little guilty, but I know it's just my ED mindset...my gut feels fine, and I've gotten in all my calories today!

--------------------
Julia

Re: REPORTING IN - 1/19/06 (Shell's Weigh In Day) new
      #240071 - 01/19/06 10:23 PM
Shell Marr

OK... here is my reporting in......
My BMR = 2083 + I burned 255 calories ( 50 mintues In The "Big Boy's Room" with Personal Trainer Heather ) - 730 less calories to get to my goal = 1608 calorie food budget.

Pre-Breakfast: 180 calories Nutz Over Choc Luna Bar & Water

Breakfast: 250 calories 1/2 cup Oatmeal w/ Jay Robb Egg White Choc Protein Powder mixed in AFTER cooking & Water

Tea Time: 0 calories 8oz Ginger Tea unsweetened

Snack: 125 calories 1/4 cup Oatmeal w/ Jay Robb Egg White Choc Protein Powder mixed in AFTER cooking & Water

Lunch: 381 calories 2oz Unsweetened Applesauce (ate this 1st) and 6oz Tuna Low Sodium White Albacore mixed w/Light Mayo, 1/2 peeled and chopped Granny Smith Apple, Teaspoon Lemom Juice, 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon, 1/2 cup Mandarin Oranges & Water

Before Gym: 200 calories 12oz Jay Robb Egg White Protein Powder Drink (Chocolate mixed with water) & Water

At Gym: 13 calories 4 Altoids & Water

Dinner: 327 calories Stir Fry of 6oz Chicken Breast, 2 Tablespoons Diced Onion, 1/4 Teaspoon chopped Garlic, 4 Crimni Mushrooms Crumbled , 1-1/2 cup no salt added canned green beans, 1 Tablespoon NEW Mrs Dash - Mesquite Grille 10 Minute Marinade (no salt) & Water

Tea Time: 0 calories 8oz Heather's Fennel Tea unsweetened

Fiber Pills: 3 calories total

Total Water intake (goal 128oz) = 80 oz

Total of 1479 ......in my food budget

And for those of you following my weight loss (gain/loss) ..........

Drum Roll........

LAST REPORT IN WAS 1/12/06...where I reported that I had gained A LOT from Sept to Jan 1st... (17 pounds ), but had lost 7.
I'VE LOST ANOTHER THREE POUNDS THIS WEEK....LEAVING ONLY 7 POUNDS TO GET BACK TO WHERE I WAS IN SEPT/OCT 2005.

(So that is still a total of 77 lost since May 28, 2004 )

--------------------

#240072 - 01/19/06 10:27 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Crispix
toast
satsuma tangerine

Luna Bar

garlic soup
mashed sweet potatoes
mashed white potatoes

peanut butter sandwich
soup
Luna Bar

flour tortilla

tortilla chips

vanilla soy ice cream

#240082 - 01/20/06 02:24 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Congrats on the weight loss Shell, keep up the good work

--------------------
S.

#240083 - 01/20/06 02:36 AM
cailin

Breakfast: A cereal bar, one cup dried Crunchy Nut cornflakes (tummy a bit dodgy so can't face )

Lunch: Rice, Carrots, parsnips, red cabbage salad

Dinner: Roast Chicken Dinner with mashed potato and carrots (at my local pub as I was too tired to cook and ravenous when I get home so I treated P to dinner out)

Snacks:Diet Soda, I tried a very unsafe dessert but it was yuck so I ate about a 3rd of it, and yummy chocolate bar, a wine cooler

No exercise, exhausted.

Calories: burned more than I ate, barely. Going to get back into exercising this weekend again, I really want to be down another pound on Tuesday.

--------------------
S.

Poor Tamara new
      #240084 - 01/20/06 02:41 AM
cailin

..get better soon.

--------------------
S.

#240128 - 01/20/06 07:23 AM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

i don't know if it's schedule, tiredness, stress, or what, but another late night that didn't go to well.

pre-gym: luna bar
post-gym: jay robb egg white protein powder in water (no soy milk in the house so i gave this another shot. not the protein powder for me.)

oatmeal (cinnamon instant)

1 pc soy pizza

1/2 c apple sauce
honey wheat pretzels
3 hardboiled egg whites

small pb&j sandwich

vegan strawberry banana mufiin (grrr - not what i wanted to do in that the pb&j was supposed to cut it for dinner before the play i saw, and in that i am really not in a position to be spending money on food. but i wasn't full from the sandwich, and... grrr.)

then, getting home at 11 after the play:
wheat thins (not sure how many - straight from the box!)
frozen raspberries
small spoonful of reduced fat pb
(grrr again - i was feeling like snacking, so i set out some raspberries to thaw... and while i was waiting grabbed the crackers. i was tired and just not thinking or exerting any control. (i need to find something better to replace wheat thins & teddy grahams, both of which i love in part for the dense, crunchy texture, and both of which i'm too prone to binge with.) then, after the raspberries, really tired and about to go to bed, but having this weird snack impulse i get when i'm tired, as if it's something to do to fend of the tiredness - like that's a thing to do at midnight! so i had a bite of pb, as if to just shut my hungry self up, and then i went to bed. sigh.)

gym: dragged myself out of bed for 30 minutes on the elliptical, crunches, push-ups, and lifting (arms).

calories probably around 2000. meh.

i'm in another spell of money-stress (what's new, right), and really set on not eating out for a while, bringing all my food to work. but what i have just isn't really filling. throughout the day i'm fine, but it's not working for dinner when i'm seeing a play at night - i don't know if that makes me eat too early, so that i'm hungry again when i get home but too tired by then to make good choices, or if it's just watching my (metabolically gifted) roommate eating that makes me want to eat, too... coupled, again, with being too tired to make good choices. we're going out again tonight (this time the ballet) - if i weren't broke we'd have a good dinner before, and maybe it's just psychological, since my calories are fine, but i'd feel fuller and more satisfied. maybe it's just the mental thing of, the way things are now, not having any real meals, just lots of snacks throughout the day. i'm not hungry, really, but i never feel full.

okay, that was a really long rant. i mean, i'm also, the last few days, a little bored at work, so it's just a confluence of, like, everything except pms. (give me a few more days till that.) and i'm not craving unhealthy foods, just more food. your thoughts would be very appreciated.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

update on how much money sucks new
      #240144 - 01/20/06 08:10 AM
jaime g

so i have credit card bills due tomorrow (god i hate credit cards), so i went to check my banck account online, make sure the last deposit went through so i can pay the bills, and the deposit, which showed as pending yesterday, is gone! i called the bank, and it could take up to three days to figure out what happened to it! so i called one of the two cards due tomorrow, and there's nothing they can do to postpone the due date, so i'll just have to pay late and then ask them to waive the late fee. thank god i'm in a separate office (everyone except my dept is in one big room) and my boss is out this morning, because i started crying on the phone with the credit card lady. still having trouble not crying now. not sure what i'll do if someone knocks on my door, because i must look like a wreck.

god, i hate credit card debt!!! i never did anything hugely stupid, but the last year of college, and last year when my job paid such crap, i just always spent a *little* more than i could afford to pay off, and it piled up and piled up. i f*cking hate this. (am i even allowed to curse on the board?) i've been so much better about not using them any more since the new job, but it's going to take forever to pay off.

okay. thanks for letting me vent.

--------------------
jaime

#240145 - 01/20/06 08:13 AM
Wind

You're on a roll, Shell! I wish you continued success!

Kate.

#240148 - 01/20/06 08:23 AM
Shell Marr

{{BIG HUGS JAMIE}}

--------------------

#240150 - 01/20/06 08:25 AM
Shell Marr

Feel better soon LM

--------------------

#240152 - 01/20/06 08:27 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Congrats on the weight loss Shell, keep up the good work

Thanks Sinead!!

--------------------

#240153 - 01/20/06 08:27 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

You're on a roll, Shell! I wish you continued success!

Kate.

Thanks Kate!!

--------------------

#240154 - 01/20/06 08:32 AM
jaime g

thanks shell. any advice? (on the food issues, not the credit card freak-out. )

--------------------
jaime

#240163 - 01/20/06 08:56 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

then, getting home at 11 after the play:
wheat thins (not sure how many - straight from the box!)
frozen raspberries
small spoonful of reduced fat pb
(grrr again - i was feeling like snacking, so i set out some raspberries to thaw... and while i was waiting grabbed the crackers. i was tired and just not thinking or exerting any control. (i need to find something better to replace wheat thins & teddy grahams, both of which i love in part for the dense, crunchy texture, and both of which i'm too prone to binge with.) then, after the raspberries, really tired and about to go to bed, but having this weird snack impulse i get when i'm tired, as if it's something to do to fend of the tiredness - like that's a thing to do at midnight! so i had a bite of pb, as if to just shut my hungry self up, and then i went to bed. sigh.)

How about flavored soy yogurt? you could even crush up a few grams and put them in the bottom of a cup and then put the yogurt on top... let me find a post I did on this once... it always made me feel like I was eating desert, but not too sweet, and it's filling.

Here it is..... web page

--------------------

#240164 - 01/20/06 08:59 AM
jaime g

that's a good idea - i'd stopped buying soy yogurt because it didn't seem worth the calories & fat for not-too-much protein. but in terms of snacks to have around, that's a good idea.

i also realize that being out of cereal & soy milk hurts me, since that's a standard snack of mine that i feel much better about.

--------------------
jaime

Jaime new
      #240176 - 01/20/06 09:21 AM
cailin

Credit card debt is horrible, believe me I have been there. You did the right thing by phoning the company to tell them, that always stands to people.

I REALLY REALLY recommend getting rid of the Credit Card debt. The interest rate is WAYY too high, You can get personal loans for half as much interest and pay them off month by month according to what you can afford. Then, either (sorry) cut up the credit card, or get one with a small limit, or set it up so your account is debited the full balance every month (that'll teach you quickly that your credit card is real money)

I consolidated mine last year and anything that i *have to* put on my credit card I transfer money immediately to my card account before the bill even hits (I mean internet purchases, cinema tickets, that kind of thing)

I have a big personal loan to take care of but it's such a relief not to have the credit card monthly bills and for me to keep adding to them.

Good luck with it.

--------------------
S.

Re: Jaime new
      #240183 - 01/20/06 09:31 AM
jaime g

thanks. i figure since you're in ireland, asking where you got your loan isn't really going to help. but that mention is the kick i needed to go look into this - even just consolidating it into one place would help. (this feels like the admitting-you-have-a-problem step... not that i don't admit my money situation is f*cked, but taking this step... but it's probably the right thing to do.) thanks.

--------------------
jaime

Re: jaime/crunchy things! new
      #240222 - 01/20/06 11:16 AM
Wind

Definitely treat yourself to some healthy/crunchy things. You seem to crave "crunchy!" How do you handle rice cakes? Some people cannot consume them. Your cereal plan sounds awesome, too! I read an article related to stress/anxiety & food recently & believe it or not fortified cereal was listed as a stress-busting food that eases anxiety. Why? Because it is fortified highly with B-vitamins which are depleted by anxiety & stress!

I get warped cravings, too--more so now that my sense of taste & smell has been restored (happy 7 weeks cigarette-free, tomorrow!). On stable days, a little salad works (accompanied/topped with SF--my "magick mushroom" salads or "beet-nik meets zoo-chini" salads. Those raw sliced 'shrooms Atomic Rose mentioned in her "Big ol' Salads " are starting to bring back good memories.

(aside: I cannot tell you how much my IBS-D has improved by eliminating the huge stinky lifestyle hold-the-trigger habit)

Soy/rice/almond milk has the texture/taste of being very soothing & decadent & stress-soothing! (Also mega-high in B's). I had tons of calories left and really enjoyed the soy burgers I ate last night too. And yes, you can laugh your guts out, but I actually snack on stuff like green beans when I feel safe.

You're worth it.

Re: WOW! new
      #240300 - 01/20/06 02:40 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

That's fabulous, Shell!

So how did you like your crimini crumbles?

Re: WOW! new
      #240323 - 01/20/06 03:35 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

That's fabulous, Shell!

So how did you like your crimini crumbles?

Thanks!!

I liked them that way better and so did Shane but next time I'm gonna let them "crisp up" a little more before removing them from the pan.... great flavor!!

--------------------

REPORTING IN - 1/19/06 new
      #240342 - 01/20/06 04:20 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi guys!

Exercise: None. But I went to the dentist today and felt like crap all day. I did take my dog, and the dog of the house I am housesitting at out for a walk in the pouring rain for about half an hour, but that's about it.

Breakfast: Oatmeal/oat bran

Snack: Peaches from a can, no juices

Lunch: Kraft Dinner! Very bad.

Snack: Small peice of baked white fish

Dinner: Indian food - Grilled chicken tikka with plain rice and plain naan bread.

Snack: Low Fat Pudding Snack

Cheers!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 73 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 14344

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review