All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
REPORTING IN -1/17/06
      #239163 - 01/17/06 10:54 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 1/17 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Report and weigh in new
      #239257 - 01/17/06 03:30 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Breakfast: Special K and soymil

Lunch: couscous and ratatouille, carrots and mushrooms

Dinner: M&S King Prawn & Scallop Arrabiatta- UK people this is a ready meal that has 455 calories, 3.2% fat and tastes amazing..rush out and fill your freezer

Snacks: four (i swear only four) haribo jellies, a creme egg (yes it's that time of year again a WW lemon slice and a caramel rice cake, and some hot chocolate soy milk.

Exercise: walked fast to work 40 mins, walked slower later 35 mins

Sums: Consumed 1970
I ate 504 less than I burned- so on target (barely)

I dropped one pound this week (making a total of three in two weeks) Amazing given that I ate dinner out three nights and drank wine three nights too. Yay me!

--------------------
S.

Re: REPORTING IN -1/17/06 new
      #239301 - 01/17/06 06:58 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

oatmeal
toast
satsuma tangerine

Luna Bar

chicken broth w/ garlic
mashed potatoes
glazed shiitake mushrooms
corn tortilla

Luna Bar

Manhattan Clam Chowder
leftover salmon
bread

strawberry soy yogurt smoothie

**I'll probably have another snack later this evening.

#239305 - 01/17/06 07:33 PM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

one of those wonderful days where i do the math after dinner and go, 'damn. i need to eat some teddy grahams!'

on the not-great side, though, really gassy tonight. can popcorn have that effect in five minutes? or is it the soup catching up with me?

cinnamon life
1/2 cup apple sauce

1/2 fake bologna sandwich (w/ reduced fat mayo)
1 1/2 c vegetable soup
wheat thins

oatmeal

tofu & mushrooms in brown sauce
single-serve bag of kettle corn

teddy grahams

calories - surely less than 1600, probably closer to 1500. still too sore from running to go to the gym. but hey, 1500 calories. with vegetables, protein, and teddy grahams.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

#239306 - 01/17/06 07:34 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Egg whites (1 cup)
Asparagus puree
Chives (yup, I food processed it!)

More asparagus (puree)
Green swiss chard (puree) and portabellini mushroom crumbles
Seasoned rice vinegar, fish sauce, lime

Albecore tuna & zucchini "salad" (baked grated zucchini , albecore tuna, chives, basil, McCormick's Garlic & herb No-Salt Seasoning, fresh lime)

Baked eggplant & field greens (I food processed the field greens with some cooked green swiss chard & tons of parsley. A kind of salad smoothie or dip for the eggplant chips. Yes, I've been grinding my teeth to death and my jaw feels a little numb!)
with fatfree raspberry dressing & more seasoned rice vinegar & lime juice.

I HOPE I DON'T WAKE-UP FAMISHED @ 3 or 4 a.m., but if I do, so be it! I'll probably eat a scoop of chicken breast should it occur. (I know I probably don't eat enough calorically, but I'm too satisfied at the moment. Actually, I'm so used to waking up famished at 3 or 4 a.m. that I barely give it a second thought.)

Kate.

#239310 - 01/17/06 08:15 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

Exercise- 1.25 hrs of hip hop aerobics

Breakfast- 2 small waffles, 1tbsp lite syrup

Lunch- Subway 6inch sandwich, coke

Dinner- mashed sweet potatoes, 7 shrimp with cocktail sauce, baby spinach salad with lite balsamic vinegrette, and another coke.

Snacks- this is the bad part.. I need to get this PMS over with- moon pie, sweet tart conversation hearts, and a peice of sourdough toast with chedder. yes chedder. yikes.

--------------------

#239444 - 01/18/06 10:18 AM
Shell Marr

OK... here is my reporting in......

My BMR = 2083 + I burned 691 calories ( 50 mintues Body Sculpting Class with Personal Trainer Heather ) - 730 less calories to get to my goal = 2044 calorie food budget.

Slept in because I was sick, did not go to work until 11:30am

Late Breakfast: 250 calories 1/2 cup Oatmeal w/ Jay Robb Egg White Choc Protein Powder mixed in AFTER cooking & Water

Lunch: 302 calories 6oz Tuna Low Sodium White Albacore mixed w/Light Mayo, 1/2 peeled and chopped Granny Smith Apple, 4oz Unsweetened Applesauce & Water

Before Gym: 200 calories 12oz Jay Robb Egg White Protein Powder Drink (Chocolate mixed with water) & Water

At Gym: 7 calories 2 Altoids & Water

Dinner: 290 calories Stir Fry of 5oz Chicken Breast, 2 Tablespoons Diced Onion, 1/4 Teaspoon chopped Garlic, 3 chopped Crimni Mushrooms, 1-1/2 cup no salt added canned green beans, 1 Tablespoon NEW Mrs Dash - Zesty Garlic Herb 10 Minute Marinade (no salt) & Water

Tea Time: 0 calories 8oz Heather's Fennel Tea unsweetened

Fiber Pills: 3 calories total

Total Water intake (goal 128oz) = 72 oz

Total of 1052 ......WAY WAY WAY low…but I was sick and did not get out of bed until 10:30am and went to work at 11:30am….so I think it is ok….in my food budget

--------------------

Shell! new
      #239463 - 01/18/06 11:20 AM
Wind

Get well a.s.a.p.

I have to chuckle! I'd eat 3 or 4 cups of mushrooms, versus the mere 3 you did! Lol! I feel like a glutton! I'm disgusting--I eat these things by the pound!

Once more--I am overwhelmed (in a good way) about the energy & the discipline you OWN! May the fire of motivation continue burning with the ferocity of your discipline in the New Year. So many "lose the weight," but don't change their lifestyles.

Kate.

#239472 - 01/18/06 11:36 AM
lalala

You've got the flavor! Chives, lime, garlic & herb seasoning - YUM!

I have no idea how many calories you're getting, but it seems to me that you're eating very healthily. What matters is that you're satisfied and feeling gooood.

Re: gas, Teddy Grahams... new
      #239473 - 01/18/06 11:40 AM
lalala

I'm not sure how long it takes for food to cause a gas attack. For me, I'd say it ranges from eight to 24 hours. Usually it hits me late afternoon/early evening and early morning.

I'm glad you were able to enjoy some Teddy Grahams! You know, chocolate Teddy Grahams are really tasty mixed with Soy Dream Vanilla Ice Cream.

Re: Report and weigh in new
      #239475 - 01/18/06 11:42 AM
lalala

Quote:

Exercise: walked fast to work 40 mins, walked slower later 35 mins

Sums: Consumed 1970
I ate 504 less than I burned- so on target (barely)

I dropped one pound this week (making a total of three in two weeks) Amazing given that I ate dinner out three nights and drank wine three nights too. Yay me!

Yay! That's awesome! I think it's great that you walk to work. I wish I lived closer to my job. Anyway, keep up the good work!

SPASMATICAL new
      #239529 - 01/18/06 02:50 PM
Wind

I usually (now that I've added a little extra protein) get to the 800-900 mark, calorically speaking. I shoot to clear at least 1000 or so. It's really hard! I measure & count everything & let Fitday do my energetic accounting. My challenge is that fats (which add tons of calories) violently trigger attacks, so they're out. Sugar is a trigger & most products make me feel ill. I'm shooting to at least get near my BMI on a regular basis which is 1375-1400. Ususally if I get around 1000-ish calories & more than enough protein I won't wake-up hungry in the middle of the night & have a "witching hour" snack.

I must say, though that infusing my food with colour and flavour & fun--covering all the tastes does make me feel good & leaves me very satisfied. Hey, even the music in the background is part of the energy that the food imparts. My energy & blood sugar is much better with vegetables as my primary source of carbohydrate & they are rather low density
(but high-test) sources of energy.

I read a neat article, by the way, about food/anxiety. Your "cereal girl" response is actually totally therapeutic for eating for anxiety as cereals are B-vitamin fortified (those are majorly depleted by stress/anxiety!). Foods high in folate are great for us anxious types--yes, broccoli was on the list as was salmon.

How are you doing with project "weight gain?" It is really really hard to gain weight & years ago when I had to gain weight I could only do it via tube feeds!

My pants are a tad too baggy, so I'm doing my best to just keep on eating & eating lots! I'm really depressed about my alopecia & HUGE bald spots!

Kate.

Re: Wind new
      #239536 - 01/18/06 03:08 PM
lalala

I think the last time I weighed myself was in November and I was only 105. I don't think I've gained any weight since then - all my clothes fit the same. Last time I lost this much weight, it took years to gain back 15lbs. Oh well! What's my hurry anyway? I'm feeling pretty good. SO much better than this time last year!

That article you read sounds really interesting! I just bought some more Crispix today. Go ME!

I'm sorry about your alopecia, but maybe it will go into remission again. Do think stress from the holidays may have triggered it? Anyway, haven't you heard that bald is beautiful?! I'm thinking with your delicate features you probably look great with or without hair. You could cut it short and get some beautiful hoop or drop earrings to highlight your eyes and cheek bones. Have you seen pics of Natalie Portman with her shaved head? Gorgeous!

#239578 - 01/18/06 04:15 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I have a cold . I ate about 1200 cals but drank about 600 in orange juice. No exercise.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: Report and weigh in new
      #239581 - 01/18/06 04:19 PM
Shell Marr

Yah Sinead!! Great job droppin another pound!!

--------------------

#239582 - 01/18/06 04:21 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

oatmeal
toast
satsuma tangerine

Luna Bar

chicken broth w/ garlic
mashed potatoes
glazed shiitake mushrooms
corn tortilla

Luna Bar

Manhattan Clam Chowder
leftover salmon
bread

strawberry soy yogurt smoothie

**I'll probably have another snack later this evening.

Manhattan Clam Chowder? Canned or homemade? Would this be very low sodium?

--------------------

#239583 - 01/18/06 04:23 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

one of those wonderful days where i do the math after dinner and go, 'damn. i need to eat some teddy grahams!'

on the not-great side, though, really gassy tonight. can popcorn have that effect in five minutes? or is it the soup catching up with me?

cinnamon life
1/2 cup apple sauce

1/2 fake bologna sandwich (w/ reduced fat mayo)
1 1/2 c vegetable soup
wheat thins

oatmeal

tofu & mushrooms in brown sauce
single-serve bag of kettle corn

teddy grahams

calories - surely less than 1600, probably closer to 1500. still too sore from running to go to the gym. but hey, 1500 calories. with vegetables, protein, and teddy grahams.

Yep.. GOTTA have those teddy grams!! LOL

You were gassy too??!?!? Dang... my wind will not stop either!

--------------------

#239586 - 01/18/06 04:25 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Egg whites (1 cup)
Asparagus puree
Chives (yup, I food processed it!)

More asparagus (puree)
Green swiss chard (puree) and portabellini mushroom crumbles
Seasoned rice vinegar, fish sauce, lime

Albecore tuna & zucchini "salad" (baked grated zucchini , albecore tuna, chives, basil, McCormick's Garlic & herb No-Salt Seasoning, fresh lime)

Baked eggplant & field greens (I food processed the field greens with some cooked green swiss chard & tons of parsley. A kind of salad smoothie or dip for the eggplant chips. Yes, I've been grinding my teeth to death and my jaw feels a little numb!)
with fatfree raspberry dressing & more seasoned rice vinegar & lime juice.

I HOPE I DON'T WAKE-UP FAMISHED @ 3 or 4 a.m., but if I do, so be it! I'll probably eat a scoop of chicken breast should it occur. (I know I probably don't eat enough calorically, but I'm too satisfied at the moment. Actually, I'm so used to waking up famished at 3 or 4 a.m. that I barely give it a second thought.)

Kate.

This sounds yummy!! "Albecore tuna & zucchini "salad" (baked grated zucchini , albecore tuna, chives, basil, McCormick's Garlic & herb No-Salt Seasoning, fresh lime)"

when you puree all that stuff... do you cook it 1st, after, or not at all?

--------------------

#239588 - 01/18/06 04:28 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Exercise- 1.25 hrs of hip hop aerobics

Breakfast- 2 small waffles, 1tbsp lite syrup

Lunch- Subway 6inch sandwich, coke

Dinner- mashed sweet potatoes, 7 shrimp with cocktail sauce, baby spinach salad with lite balsamic vinegrette, and another coke.

Snacks- this is the bad part.. I need to get this PMS over with- moon pie, sweet tart conversation hearts, and a peice of sourdough toast with chedder. yes chedder. yikes.

oh, mood pie... your killin me here!!

You took the Hip Hop too!! Yah!! Did you like it?!? I love it...I've been taking it on Sat's.

--------------------

Re: Shell! new
      #239590 - 01/18/06 04:31 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Get well a.s.a.p.

I have to chuckle! I'd eat 3 or 4 cups of mushrooms, versus the mere 3 you did! Lol! I feel like a glutton! I'm disgusting--I eat these things by the pound!

Once more--I am overwhelmed (in a good way) about the energy & the discipline you OWN! May the fire of motivation continue burning with the ferocity of your discipline in the New Year. So many "lose the weight," but don't change their lifestyles.

Kate.

Kate your so funny!! I hope it keeps burnin too... lots of FAT!! LOL I got more mushrooms at the store at lunch.. I want to be cafeful.... I need to make sure those are not what is giving me this bad wind!! LOL

--------------------

#239591 - 01/18/06 04:32 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I have a cold . I ate about 1200 cals but drank about 600 in orange juice. No exercise.

Sorry your not feeling well LM.... get some rest!

--------------------

Shell Re: pureed stuff, etc. new
      #239627 - 01/18/06 06:54 PM
Wind

If I'm in the mood for raw salad greens blended with some cooked greens (i.e. spinach or swiss chard), I do not cook the raw greens. (They're actually baby lettuces, so very light/delicate). I've blended them successfully in the past with such things as other veg. juices, fruit juices, soy yogurt, soy milk, protein powder & a bit of water. Actually they're pretty good with veg. juices, i.e. beet (my favourite) or carrot, or any kind of combo. (Frutcose is a huge personal trigger so I need to watch my butt!)

Other things are generally pureed separately & I mix & match or layer even...generally presented to body in a kind of painter's palatte format.

Raw zucchini (i.e. in slaw) is okay, but I prefer the taste of it cooked so I cook it.

I puree leafy greens after cooking--ditto for other veggies, in general. So...if I were to eat spinach & mushrooms, the spinach would be separate from the mushrooms but both in broken down form. Ditto for asparagus or broccoli or green beans. (I think the green beans taste better though with spinach blended into them). It's easier to grate things, i.e. zucchini, in its raw form. Grated carrots are great with tuna, too, by the way. Really finely sliced green beans are also pretty good with tuna, as are beets.

I did something neat though with a gf soy burger patty & portabellini mushrooms--I food processed them together & made a twisted kind of high protein sauce/topping/side for green swiss chard. (hehe, I ate 8 cups, today...but in 2x4 cup doses!)

Does that answer your question? I actually like the taste of most things separately pureed & also I tend to cook in monster batches (as I hate cooking!) & a few days worth of working/flexible leftovers are huge time savers. I season things, though, after the fact. (I don't like certain things leftover, though & actually like to smell them cooking in fresh format)

The tuna/zucchini combo. was delicious & I totally intend to file that one for future use! I had zucchini leftover & just mixed a drained/rinsed can of albecore with it & added seasonings.

Kate.

Re: Progresso Manhattan Clam Chowder (m) new
      #239632 - 01/18/06 07:08 PM
lalala

870 mg sodium per serving - Unfortunately, I don't think that's low sodium. It tastes good, though, especially if you add in shrimp or salmon and some hot sauce.

#239643 - 01/18/06 07:22 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

oh I loooooove hip hop class! its so fabulous.. I've been going for about a year now..

sadly I have a school class tues nights from 6-9 starting next week and they hip hop class is from 7:30-8:30.. so depressing. I loved that class.

--------------------

ps.. the moonpie was fabulous! -nt- new
      #239646 - 01/18/06 07:23 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

--------------------

REPORTING IN -1/17/06 new
      #239672 - 01/19/06 12:21 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi ya'll,

Keep leaving out reports as I haven't had much computer time, so I may have to leave some days out from time to time.

Breakfast: 1/2 kaiser roll with 1 Tbsp LF Peanut butter

Lunch: 4 periogies with 1 Tbsp ICBINB.

Snack: Grilled chicken breast strips

Dinner: Nothing. Was super busy, ran out of time, ran out of food.

Snack: 1/2 slice of real pizza -- bad idea, was starving.

Veeeeeery bad day today, not enough food.. very bad!

--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 108 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 11970

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review