All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 1/12/06
      #237824 - 01/11/06 10:20 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 1/12 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 1/12/06 new
      #237925 - 01/12/06 08:47 AM
Shell Marr

I got on the scale this morning...
Watch for my report tonight.....

--------------------

Looking forward to it Shell... new
      #238030 - 01/12/06 02:29 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

I smell good news!!

--------------------
S.

Snackedy snack new
      #238032 - 01/12/06 02:53 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Tummy still off this morning with IBS and period cramps so couldn't face breakfast early.

Late Breakfast: Soy yogurt, cereal bar, green tea

Lunch: Crabcakes, sweet chili sauce, carrots, boiled rice

Dinner: Sushi, raspberry & Cranberry smoothie

Snacks: tiny chocolate bar (only 85 cal) another cereal bar, some haribo sweeties, handful of pretzels

Exercise: none (well I did shop after work so more walking than normal, and got myself some bargains so all this smiling has got to be burning calories )

Sums:
Food 1780
BMR 2342
Difference: 562 ie within budget

Need to start exercising again if I am to lose anything this week, will have to do it at the weekend. P has been away and it's too late by the time I get home to go walking alone plus the period cramps have put me off the gym til I have more strength.

Tomorrow will be a bit of a disaster as I am going out for dinner with work clients to a chinese restaurant. Must check out what the least fatty things to order are..king prawn everything I think, I am eating so much seafood at the moment, I LOVE it.

Next week Sinead the gym bunny will be reborn!

--------------------
S.

The suspense!! new
      #238112 - 01/12/06 06:37 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Darn you, Shell, you always do stuff like that! And you post so much later than I do, so I won't know till tomorrow.

But I bet it's good!

REPORTING IN - 1/12/06 new
      #238115 - 01/12/06 06:42 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Much better day today, although it didn't start out that way... I'm PMSing HARD, and right after breakfast I hit the fruitcake Adam's father sent us home with last night... it's a good thing it was such a lousy fruitcake, or I would have eaten more than the 2 slices I did. LOL

breakfast: 2 pita chips, granola w/ soy milk
snack: fruitcake *sigh*
lunch: turkey sandwich, grapes
snack: 8 pita chips
dinner: big ol' salad, slice of bread
dessert: small baked apple w/ a couple tbsps of granola

workout: tae-bo

And the best news of the day is...

...drum roll, please...

I'm down 5lbs! *happydance* I actually had weighed myself yesterday morning and saw I had lost, but I weighed again this morning for a second opinion. LOL I'm still not convinced that I actually LOST WEIGHT because it's only showing on the scale - my clothes are still just as tight, my face is still just as fat - but either way, it was the boost I needed, because I was really starting to feel like all this exercising and eating salads was pointless.

#238129 - 01/12/06 07:42 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Chicken Breast (.5 cup)
Asparagus (pureed)
Chives

Rainbow Chard (pureed)
Toasted Dulse (seaweed) & Oyster mushroom (pureed/crumbled)
on Spaghetti squash
with Seasoned Rice Vinegar

Egg white creation inspired by Retrograde (Laurel)
(1/2 c. egg whites, steamed spinach & fresh basil all food processed) with some Thai Chili Garlic Sauce

Magick Mushroom Salad (tons of cremini mushrooms, broiled & seasoned with herbs de provence & then food processed) ***yes, I still get mushrooms by the box, wholesale, 5-9 lbs./week***
on Mixed Greens
splashed with POM-BERRY Wellness Dressing
& extra Balsalmic Vinegar

Another (!!!) Chicken Breast (1/2 c.)

Conclusions: I eat too darn healthy! Also, regarding sauces/dressings--I decided to "try" a few interesting & safe looking ones this week & what I've learned is that I am really a simpleton at heart! Honestly, I am thrilled with a good balsalmic or some cinnamon mustard or thai chili garlic sauce for bite...seasoned rice vinegar for a nice sweet & tart tang, herbs, lemons & limes. It is so hard to get used to using stuff out of bottles. But, they are fun to have handy for that occaisonal something different. Is it bad to be so boring, so simple, so virtually fatfree? Is it so horrible to actually really like food more or less as it is?

I guess I feel guilty or strange for being so plain & simple (naked) about food.

I am considering the possibility that a drop or two of healthy omega 3's might be beneficial, but don't want to risk a sequence of D attacks. Would you believe that I actually do miss a little bit of Hemp or Flax oil? (Not olive, though as it "burns" my throat.) Pre-IBS I used to use 2-3 tbsp. of Flax or Hemp oil/day. (I had no idea then that caused me to have at least 1/2 dozen bm's/day!) Hey, I used to take Borage oil directly, everyday, 2 years ago.

I note that my non-smoking habit has given me depression beyond belief. Therefore, I intend to discuss an anti-depressant with my MD @ my next visit. This is normal when one loses a 1/2 life long habit. I have no intentions whatsoever of smoking cigarettes again & reaffirm my resiliance, however, I am neuro-chemically challenged. Send some Serotonin a.s.a.p.!

Kate.

Edited by Wind (01/12/06 08:14 PM)

#238130 - 01/12/06 07:43 PM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

tired day. tiring . started off with a 3-hour reading that was very energy-sapping. also meant i didn't get a second meal till 2, which i think threw me off and led me to eat more (or have more of an appetite) through the day.

bagel (should stop with these - but this morning i felt like i could be headed for D, and these are my super comfort food)

fake bologna sandwich (w/ reduced fat mayo)

2 lindt truffles (when i get energy-sapped-tired, i crave chocolate. but i kept the portion smallish. anyone have nutrition info for these? can't find it anywhere on the internet.)

2 hardboiled egg whites
sauteed asparagus

1 piece soy cheese pizza! (w/ mushrooms & basil - thank you shell for this restaurant! i took the subway *one* extra stop, and then walked home with the first pizza slice i've had in months. not quite like the real thing, but very exciting nonetheless)

1/2 serving chocolate cake for one (experiment: mixed in half a scoop of spiru-tein, to make banana chocolate cake... can't really taste the banana, but it didn't mess it up, and added protein & vitamins. but i'm way too full to finish this)

probably around 1500 calories. (maybe even less - how is that possible for a day when i felt like i ate so much?) not bad, for a chocolatey day. i might have a little apple sauce before bed, since it wasn't the best days for fruits & veggies. but yay protein. gym tomorrow morning.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

Re: REPORTING IN - 1/12/06 Shell's Weigh In Day (and the whole truth) new
      #238156 - 01/12/06 09:41 PM
Shell Marr

OK... here is my reporting in......
My BMR = 2083 + I burned 259 calories (50 mintues with Personal Trainer Heather ) - 730 less calories to get to my goal = 1612 calorie food budget.

Pre-Breakfast: 180 calories Nutz Over Choc Luna Bar & Water

Breakfast: 250 calories 1/2 cup Oatmeal w/ Jay Robb Egg White Choc Protein Powder mixed in AFTER cooking & Water

Tea Time: 0 calories 8oz Ginger Tea unsweetened

Snack: 150 calories 4oz Unsweetened Applesauce w/ Jay Robb Egg White Choc Protein Powder mixed in after heating it in the microwave & Water

Lunch: 355 calories 6oz Tuna w/Light Mayo, 1oz Snyders FF Mini Pretzels, 4oz Unsweetened Applesauce & Water

Before The Gym: 200 calories 12oz Jay Robb Egg White Choc Protein Powder Drink (mixed with water) & Water

At The Gym: 14 calories 4 Altoids & Water

Dinner: 283 calories Stir Fry of 5oz Chicken Breast, 2 Tablespoons Diced Onion, 1/4 Teaspoon chopped Garlic, 1 Cup Chopped Broccoli (floweretts w/tiny stock), 1-1/2 Tablespoons NEW Mrs Dash - Zesty Garlic Herb 10 Minute Marinade (no salt) & Water
(I'm gonna need help with new ideas here....Per Trainer....no flour or starchy carbs for dinner, leafy-green veggies good..., must be low soduim)

Tea Time: 0 calories 8oz Heather's Fennel Tea unsweetened

Fiber Pills: 3 calories total

Total Water intake (goal 128oz) = 72 oz

Total of 1435 .....WAY WAY LOW, still playing with new meals ideas....but still in my food budget

I got on the scale this morning...

*note (more like a sad confession): I had put on the MAJOR POUNDS from about Oct to the end of Dec...ok..Jan 1, 2006...(17 to be exact , SOME but not all of that is from muscle gain) It showed in my face a little and in my tummy roll.... but the rest of me kept getting smaller (toned)..good thing I kept the gym up.... I just needed to keep up with the cardio and watching what I eat better...

Anyway.... since Jan 2, 2006 I'm down 7 pounds!! So, I only have 10 more to go to be back to where I was in Sept/Oct. IF, things go my way... I will be there by the end of Feb.{{crossing fingers}}

Everyone has their set backs.... and now I see this is just one more reason that I have to stay on top of things or I can slide backwards again so fast.

Thanks to everyone here who is so encouraging.... I NEED IT TOO!!

--------------------

Re: Looking forward to it Shell... new
      #238158 - 01/12/06 09:49 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I smell good news!!

hehehe

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 212 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 20212

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review