All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 1/12/06
      #237824 - 01/11/06 10:20 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 1/12 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 1/12/06 new
      #237925 - 01/12/06 08:47 AM
Shell Marr

I got on the scale this morning...
Watch for my report tonight.....

--------------------

Looking forward to it Shell... new
      #238030 - 01/12/06 02:29 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

I smell good news!!

--------------------
S.

Snackedy snack new
      #238032 - 01/12/06 02:53 PM
cailin

Tummy still off this morning with IBS and period cramps so couldn't face breakfast early.

Late Breakfast: Soy yogurt, cereal bar, green tea

Lunch: Crabcakes, sweet chili sauce, carrots, boiled rice

Dinner: Sushi, raspberry & Cranberry smoothie

Snacks: tiny chocolate bar (only 85 cal) another cereal bar, some haribo sweeties, handful of pretzels

Exercise: none (well I did shop after work so more walking than normal, and got myself some bargains so all this smiling has got to be burning calories )

Sums:
Food 1780
BMR 2342
Difference: 562 ie within budget

Need to start exercising again if I am to lose anything this week, will have to do it at the weekend. P has been away and it's too late by the time I get home to go walking alone plus the period cramps have put me off the gym til I have more strength.

Tomorrow will be a bit of a disaster as I am going out for dinner with work clients to a chinese restaurant. Must check out what the least fatty things to order are..king prawn everything I think, I am eating so much seafood at the moment, I LOVE it.

Next week Sinead the gym bunny will be reborn!

--------------------
S.

The suspense!! new
      #238112 - 01/12/06 06:37 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Darn you, Shell, you always do stuff like that! And you post so much later than I do, so I won't know till tomorrow.

But I bet it's good!

REPORTING IN - 1/12/06 new
      #238115 - 01/12/06 06:42 PM
atomic rose

Much better day today, although it didn't start out that way... I'm PMSing HARD, and right after breakfast I hit the fruitcake Adam's father sent us home with last night... it's a good thing it was such a lousy fruitcake, or I would have eaten more than the 2 slices I did. LOL

breakfast: 2 pita chips, granola w/ soy milk
snack: fruitcake *sigh*
lunch: turkey sandwich, grapes
snack: 8 pita chips
dinner: big ol' salad, slice of bread
dessert: small baked apple w/ a couple tbsps of granola

workout: tae-bo

And the best news of the day is...

...drum roll, please...

I'm down 5lbs! *happydance* I actually had weighed myself yesterday morning and saw I had lost, but I weighed again this morning for a second opinion. LOL I'm still not convinced that I actually LOST WEIGHT because it's only showing on the scale - my clothes are still just as tight, my face is still just as fat - but either way, it was the boost I needed, because I was really starting to feel like all this exercising and eating salads was pointless.

#238129 - 01/12/06 07:42 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Chicken Breast (.5 cup)
Asparagus (pureed)
Chives

Rainbow Chard (pureed)
Toasted Dulse (seaweed) & Oyster mushroom (pureed/crumbled)
on Spaghetti squash
with Seasoned Rice Vinegar

Egg white creation inspired by Retrograde (Laurel)
(1/2 c. egg whites, steamed spinach & fresh basil all food processed) with some Thai Chili Garlic Sauce

Magick Mushroom Salad (tons of cremini mushrooms, broiled & seasoned with herbs de provence & then food processed) ***yes, I still get mushrooms by the box, wholesale, 5-9 lbs./week***
on Mixed Greens
splashed with POM-BERRY Wellness Dressing
& extra Balsalmic Vinegar

Another (!!!) Chicken Breast (1/2 c.)

Conclusions: I eat too darn healthy! Also, regarding sauces/dressings--I decided to "try" a few interesting & safe looking ones this week & what I've learned is that I am really a simpleton at heart! Honestly, I am thrilled with a good balsalmic or some cinnamon mustard or thai chili garlic sauce for bite...seasoned rice vinegar for a nice sweet & tart tang, herbs, lemons & limes. It is so hard to get used to using stuff out of bottles. But, they are fun to have handy for that occaisonal something different. Is it bad to be so boring, so simple, so virtually fatfree? Is it so horrible to actually really like food more or less as it is?

I guess I feel guilty or strange for being so plain & simple (naked) about food.

I am considering the possibility that a drop or two of healthy omega 3's might be beneficial, but don't want to risk a sequence of D attacks. Would you believe that I actually do miss a little bit of Hemp or Flax oil? (Not olive, though as it "burns" my throat.) Pre-IBS I used to use 2-3 tbsp. of Flax or Hemp oil/day. (I had no idea then that caused me to have at least 1/2 dozen bm's/day!) Hey, I used to take Borage oil directly, everyday, 2 years ago.

I note that my non-smoking habit has given me depression beyond belief. Therefore, I intend to discuss an anti-depressant with my MD @ my next visit. This is normal when one loses a 1/2 life long habit. I have no intentions whatsoever of smoking cigarettes again & reaffirm my resiliance, however, I am neuro-chemically challenged. Send some Serotonin a.s.a.p.!

Kate.

Edited by Wind (01/12/06 08:14 PM)

#238130 - 01/12/06 07:43 PM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

tired day. tiring . started off with a 3-hour reading that was very energy-sapping. also meant i didn't get a second meal till 2, which i think threw me off and led me to eat more (or have more of an appetite) through the day.

bagel (should stop with these - but this morning i felt like i could be headed for D, and these are my super comfort food)

fake bologna sandwich (w/ reduced fat mayo)

2 lindt truffles (when i get energy-sapped-tired, i crave chocolate. but i kept the portion smallish. anyone have nutrition info for these? can't find it anywhere on the internet.)

2 hardboiled egg whites
sauteed asparagus

1 piece soy cheese pizza! (w/ mushrooms & basil - thank you shell for this restaurant! i took the subway *one* extra stop, and then walked home with the first pizza slice i've had in months. not quite like the real thing, but very exciting nonetheless)

1/2 serving chocolate cake for one (experiment: mixed in half a scoop of spiru-tein, to make banana chocolate cake... can't really taste the banana, but it didn't mess it up, and added protein & vitamins. but i'm way too full to finish this)

probably around 1500 calories. (maybe even less - how is that possible for a day when i felt like i ate so much?) not bad, for a chocolatey day. i might have a little apple sauce before bed, since it wasn't the best days for fruits & veggies. but yay protein. gym tomorrow morning.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

Re: REPORTING IN - 1/12/06 Shell's Weigh In Day (and the whole truth) new
      #238156 - 01/12/06 09:41 PM
Shell Marr

OK... here is my reporting in......
My BMR = 2083 + I burned 259 calories (50 mintues with Personal Trainer Heather ) - 730 less calories to get to my goal = 1612 calorie food budget.

Pre-Breakfast: 180 calories Nutz Over Choc Luna Bar & Water

Breakfast: 250 calories 1/2 cup Oatmeal w/ Jay Robb Egg White Choc Protein Powder mixed in AFTER cooking & Water

Tea Time: 0 calories 8oz Ginger Tea unsweetened

Snack: 150 calories 4oz Unsweetened Applesauce w/ Jay Robb Egg White Choc Protein Powder mixed in after heating it in the microwave & Water

Lunch: 355 calories 6oz Tuna w/Light Mayo, 1oz Snyders FF Mini Pretzels, 4oz Unsweetened Applesauce & Water

Before The Gym: 200 calories 12oz Jay Robb Egg White Choc Protein Powder Drink (mixed with water) & Water

At The Gym: 14 calories 4 Altoids & Water

Dinner: 283 calories Stir Fry of 5oz Chicken Breast, 2 Tablespoons Diced Onion, 1/4 Teaspoon chopped Garlic, 1 Cup Chopped Broccoli (floweretts w/tiny stock), 1-1/2 Tablespoons NEW Mrs Dash - Zesty Garlic Herb 10 Minute Marinade (no salt) & Water
(I'm gonna need help with new ideas here....Per Trainer....no flour or starchy carbs for dinner, leafy-green veggies good..., must be low soduim)

Tea Time: 0 calories 8oz Heather's Fennel Tea unsweetened

Fiber Pills: 3 calories total

Total Water intake (goal 128oz) = 72 oz

Total of 1435 .....WAY WAY LOW, still playing with new meals ideas....but still in my food budget

I got on the scale this morning...

*note (more like a sad confession): I had put on the MAJOR POUNDS from about Oct to the end of Dec...ok..Jan 1, 2006...(17 to be exact , SOME but not all of that is from muscle gain) It showed in my face a little and in my tummy roll.... but the rest of me kept getting smaller (toned)..good thing I kept the gym up.... I just needed to keep up with the cardio and watching what I eat better...

Anyway.... since Jan 2, 2006 I'm down 7 pounds!! So, I only have 10 more to go to be back to where I was in Sept/Oct. IF, things go my way... I will be there by the end of Feb.{{crossing fingers}}

Everyone has their set backs.... and now I see this is just one more reason that I have to stay on top of things or I can slide backwards again so fast.

Thanks to everyone here who is so encouraging.... I NEED IT TOO!!

--------------------

Re: Looking forward to it Shell... new
      #238158 - 01/12/06 09:49 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I smell good news!!

hehehe

--------------------

#238160 - 01/12/06 09:52 PM
Shell Marr

YEAH CASEY!!!! I'm so proud of you!!!!!!

Quote:

And the best news of the day is...

...drum roll, please...

I'm down 5lbs! *happydance* I actually had weighed myself yesterday morning and saw I had lost, but I weighed again this morning for a second opinion. LOL I'm still not convinced that I actually LOST WEIGHT because it's only showing on the scale - my clothes are still just as tight, my face is still just as fat - but either way, it was the boost I needed, because I was really starting to feel like all this exercising and eating salads was pointless.

--------------------

Edited by Shell Marr (01/12/06 10:05 PM)

#238161 - 01/12/06 09:55 PM
Shell Marr

Kate:

Oh... this sounds good!!

Quote:

Egg white creation inspired by Retrograde (Laurel)
(1/2 c. egg whites, steamed spinach & fresh basil all food processed) with some Thai Chili Garlic Sauce

Good luck with this sweetie....

Quote:

I note that my non-smoking habit has given me depression beyond belief. Therefore, I intend to discuss an anti-depressant with my MD @ my next visit. This is normal when one loses a 1/2 life long habit. I have no intentions whatsoever of smoking cigarettes again & reaffirm my resiliance, however, I am neuro-chemically challenged. Send some Serotonin a.s.a.p.!

--------------------

Edited by Shell Marr (01/12/06 10:04 PM)

#238162 - 01/12/06 10:02 PM
Shell Marr

Jamie

Quote:

2 lindt truffles (when i get energy-sapped-tired, i crave chocolate. but i kept the portion smallish. anyone have nutrition info for these? can't find it anywhere on the internet.)

http://www.calorieking.com/foods/search.php?keywords=lindt+truffles&showresults=yes

Quote:

1 piece soy cheese pizza! (w/ mushrooms & basil - thank you shell for this restaurant! i took the subway *one* extra stop, and then walked home with the first pizza slice i've had in months. not quite like the real thing, but very exciting nonetheless)

Oh cool...I'm glad you could check it out....was it worth it?

--------------------

#238167 - 01/12/06 11:29 PM
Draupadi

Reged: 07/16/05
Loc: Santa Cruz, California

Hey Guys,

Things have been really shaky for me lately...I've been overeating a bit, and making some bad choices, and feeling the wrath.
Tomorrow, I'm going to try to get back on track.
Here's what I had today:

*oat muffin, soymilk with tea

*soy coffee
tuna with light mayo an veggies on flax bread, carrot sticks with hummus, one small lemon cookie

*small banana, handful of mixed nuts

*one beer (I don't even like beer...don't know what I was thinking)

*brown rice, lentils, and chard, with a few blackberries for dessert

--------------------
Julia

Yay Shell! new
      #238172 - 01/13/06 04:44 AM
atomic rose

Congrats on being on the "losing" side of the scale again! I hope you don't beat yourself up too bad about gaining again... you're only human, these things happen. And the fact that you're losing again proves that even a "big" setback is reversible. Go you!!

I still have a bunch of low-carb recipes around... I'll see if I find anything that'll work for you for dinners. Do you have a calorie limit? Or are you mostly just having to avoid the flour and starch?

#238206 - 01/13/06 07:32 AM
jaime g

Quote:

http://www.calorieking.com/foods/search.php?keywords=lindt+truffles&showresults=yes

thank you!! that's just about what i thought they'd be. i figure i can satisfy a chocolate craving for fewer calories with one or two of those than with a whole, less-rich-tasting, chocolate bar.

Quote:

Oh cool...I'm glad you could check it out....was it worth it?

definitely! for a little under $5 i got a slice w/ soy cheese, mushrooms, and basil. although the melted soy cheese stuck to my teeth a bit, and it wasn't quite regular pizza (it's not pizza crust, exactly), it was delicious. it's so good to know there's pizza i can eat, and walking distance from home, too. (and did i mention the cute boys who work there? cute boys work there.)

--------------------
jaime

Re: Yay Shell! new
      #238222 - 01/13/06 08:36 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Congrats on being on the "losing" side of the scale again! I hope you don't beat yourself up too bad about gaining again... you're only human, these things happen. And the fact that you're losing again proves that even a "big" setback is reversible. Go you!!

I still have a bunch of low-carb recipes around... I'll see if I find anything that'll work for you for dinners. Do you have a calorie limit? Or are you mostly just having to avoid the flour and starch?

Thanks Casey!!

I'd like to keep my dinners about 450-500 calories. Right now she wants my max calories for the day to be 1800. I will also need to lose the pretzels at lunch soon...not sure what to have.... Heather said, "FOOD=FUEL and no more empty calories, the food has to be nutritious and count" But I also have to pay attention to my IBS... so, this could get tricky.

--------------------

Re: REPORTING IN - 1/12/06 Shell's Weigh In Day (and the whole truth) new
      #238224 - 01/13/06 08:41 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Dinner: 283 calories Stir Fry of 5oz Chicken Breast, 2 Tablespoons Diced Onion, 1/4 Teaspoon chopped Garlic, 1 Cup Chopped Broccoli (floweretts w/tiny stock) , 1-1/2 Tablespoons NEW Mrs Dash - Zesty Garlic Herb 10 Minute Marinade (no salt) & Water
(I'm gonna need help with new ideas here....Per Trainer....no flour or starchy carbs for dinner, leafy-green veggies good..., must be low soduim)

I'm already paying for this....{{fart fart}} I even took Beano....EEEKKK.... I was not too thrilled with the taste of the broccoli anyways....and all I could think of was I was eating little trees....(thanks Kate ) Glad the boss is out of town today!

--------------------

Great work new
      #238229 - 01/13/06 08:58 AM
cailin

Great work Shell and Casey in the weight loss department.

Casey- You and I have similar sweet teeth!

Shell- I'll check if any of my recipes work. Empty calories are bad, I know this too but when I am logging my foods on fitday I really realise that I am "wasting" so many calories on foods with no nutritional value. Must try harder at that.

Shell- are you full after such a small dinner, has your body gotten used to it? I like to eat a HUGE dinner, tons of rice (using IBS as an excuse) How are you getting on without the carbs?
What kind of foods do you like and I will see if I can come up with recipes for you.

--------------------
S.

Re: Great work new
      #238238 - 01/13/06 09:24 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Great work Shell and Casey in the weight loss department.

Casey- You and I have similar sweet teeth!

Shell- I'll check if any of my recipes work. Empty calories are bad, I know this too but when I am logging my foods on fitday I really realise that I am "wasting" so many calories on foods with no nutritional value. Must try harder at that.

Shell- are you full after such a small dinner, has your body gotten used to it? I like to eat a HUGE dinner, tons of rice (using IBS as an excuse) How are you getting on without the carbs?
What kind of foods do you like and I will see if I can come up with recipes for you.

Thanks Sinead!

I'm SOOOO hungry today, last nights dinner was way too small and not nearly enough calories, also I had just done weight lifting too....I was dizzy last night about an hour after dinner and ate about a cup of dry rice chex and felt much better.

What do I like.... chicken & turkey are no brainers...so I would like to build around those... veggies that I CAN have at dinner are green and leafy. Per trainer....NOT ALLOWED FOR DINNER are... peas, brussel sprouts, zucchini, avocado, carrots, cauliflower, any starchy veggies like potatoes of any kind) I like green beans (I don't like the texture of frozen and I'm not sure about fresh yet), I did not care for the broccoli, but will eat it if no other option.... garlic & onions are fine. I'm gonna ask her if mushrooms are ok... I THINK they are, but I might be wrong.

--------------------

#238240 - 01/13/06 09:35 AM
jaime g

shell, high five on the weigh-in. very inspiring.

about your trainer's dietary rules, i'm a little... i don't know, they just seem to go with what i think of as misguided ideas about nighttime eating. is it glycemic index type stuff? it feels so close to the old wives tales about not eating after eight, and close to the atkins mentality, too, neither of which i really buy. (i'm not saying your trainer's wrong - just wondering what the logic there is.)

--------------------
jaime

Re: Yay Shell! new
      #238245 - 01/13/06 10:16 AM
atomic rose

I will see what I can find!

Can you do whole-grain breads? I'm finding that even with a big ol' salad, I can eat a slice of whole-grain bread and that, somehow, is enough SF for me. I'm thinking that would be more nutritious than pretzels. When I eat something meaty, even things like tuna, I really don't *need* any SF at all.

Maybe you could try taking a little more of a SF supplement? That's something I keep meaning to experiment with... chewing a FiberChoice tablet before a meal instead of overdoing it with the bread. I know a supplement isn't meant to replace SF foods altogether, but it might give you that little extra "cushion" that you need.

#238246 - 01/13/06 10:16 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

shell, high five on the weigh-in. very inspiring.

about your trainer's dietary rules, i'm a little... i don't know, they just seem to go with what i think of as misguided ideas about nighttime eating. is it glycemic index type stuff? it feels so close to the old wives tales about not eating after eight, and close to the atkins mentality, too, neither of which i really buy. (i'm not saying your trainer's wrong - just wondering what the logic there is.)

Jamie... I know... I'm frustrated too... I don't know WHAT questions to ask her or what comments to make to have her so she can explain better.... she says, food is fuel (energy) and if your just going to bed 90-120 mins after you eat, you will not burn those calories and carbs.... I do eat dinner late... usually closer to 8:30pm because I'm at the gym... sometime not until 9-9:15pm and I do go to bed by 11:15pm at the latest (after catching some news).

And... would you argue with this woman?

--------------------

A few IDEAS especially for Shell! new
      #238250 - 01/13/06 10:31 AM
Wind

Are you into a few starch-free veggie ideas? I've got a few.
I hope you don't mind me downloading a few your way.

1. SPAGHETTI SQUASH (Totally soluble fiber! Positively delicious! You can hide/blend some green things into it. Fresh baby spinach puree? Honestly, it's totally stress-free to prepare & is also known as lowcarb "pasta." Can you have a little salsa or marinara or a few grape tomatoes?

2. MUSHROOMS!!! Mushrooms tend to ease the "pain" of everything GREEN! (They are actually really filling & huge flavour enhancers, too!) I eat tons of them!!! Hey, I can actually tolerate a RAW leafy green salad (when stable enough) when topped with major mushrooms! I actually love broccoli puree with LOTS of mushrooms. I don't bother adding broth, though. Blech--watery broccoli!

Anyways, about those 'shrooms, I'm on a kick where I roast/broil them with herbs, etc. & then food process them!
It's kind of like vegan "sausage" or "ground meat." Or, like eating turkey stuffing! This is really wicked in egg white things! The ground mushrooms are really delicious if they are creminis or portabellas or well...something more interesting than your regular buttons. Mix & match! Great sauces for green things of all kinds! Also, it guarantees the smoothest POOP. I hate it when I oink out on mushrooms and have them shoot out of my butt at 4 a.m. Honestly pureed mushrooms is like eating pate or meatloaf. Grated zucchini is neat too, by the way--i.e. how you might prep. it for a loaf.

3. How do you handle ASPARAGUS? Honestly, pureed this tastes kind of like PEAS!!! Confession: I really love this as most of my posts tend to reveal as I eat LOTS of it! And yes, when I puree it, I often add baby spinach (or swiss chard) to it.

4. Well, there are always the GREEN BEANS! On the fatfree.com website, there is a recipe involving pureed green beans & baby spinach. I actually do enjoy this, sometimes.

5. I won't terrify you with thoughts of brussels sprouts--I still refer to them as B.S. They give me nightmares!

6. If you need/want to reduce the spinach flavour of spinach puree, add some zucchini to it. It lends a kind of inexplicable creaminess. Retrograde explains this in her "green rice" recipe in the index. Just skip the rice part for your current adgenda.

Okay, I won't overwhelm you--but I know you're hunting for some more painless ideas.

So, KEEP ON KICKING A$$, Shell! (Uh, just not mine!) There are other things in the forest besides those "trees."

Kate.

#238252 - 01/13/06 10:32 AM
jaime g

Quote:

Jamie... I know... I'm frustrated too... I don't know WHAT questions to ask her or what comments to make to have her so she can explain better.... she says, food is fuel (energy) and if your just going to bed 90-120 mins after you eat, you will not burn those calories and carbs.... I do eat dinner late... usually closer to 8:30pm because I'm at the gym... sometime not until 9-9:15pm and I do go to bed by 11:15pm at the latest (after catching some news).

And... would you argue with this woman?

well, no, i wouldn't argue - i would run away crying!

i have to admit that i'm a little dubious of what she's saying. i'm not a trainer (and not all trainers are right about this stuff, either) but i do think i'm reasonably well versed in this stuff and biology - especially if you're working out on the later end of the day, you need to sort of assure your body that it has plenty of fuel to burn so it'll ride the post-workout metabolism lift as long as possible. from 9 to 11 is plenty of time for your body to get to work on dinner. what she's saying about making all your food count, making sure that every calorie brings with it nutrition, is all good advice, but you also need to make sure you're just getting enough calories - you work out like a madwoman. and it's the whole carbs aren't the enemy thing - they're fuel, and much more easily accessible than the calories in meat or veggies. after working out, of course, you want protein so that your body can build muscle, but you also want some easier-to-get calories so you have fuel for your recently upped metabolism.

i just worry about the anti-carb-mania. any time someone seems to subscribe to that, or to superstitions about nighttime eating, a little warning bell goes off for me.

also, just re-reading what you said she says - if your body doesn't burn the dinner calories by bedtime, they don't necesarily get stored - since digestion slows way down at night they can also be carried over to be used the next day without being stored as fat.

have you ever read around this website? laurel pointed me to it a while ago - she has some very logical, sense-making things to say about diet.

--------------------
jaime

Bodybuilding diets... new
      #238254 - 01/13/06 10:42 AM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Hi Shell and Jaime

Jaime, I definitely I'm on your side about the low-carb and no eating in the evening stuff, but I really do see where Shell's trainer is coming from. She's a former bodybuilding competitor (right?) and a bodybuilding trainer now (right?) - or at least, she's clearly coming out of that camp. I love love love Stumptuous but even she advocates a *slight* restriction in carbs (nothing major of course). Basically, there is some truth to it *when it comes to weightlifting and mass building* because of the nature of that sport. It gets a lot more fuzzy when your goals are *just weight loss*. But it really seems to me that Shell's trainer has her on a program that's emphasizing muscle building as much as weight loss, which I think is just great, since the former (more muscle) really helps speed along the latter (weight loss).

Shell, do you read Bodybuliding.com or the forums there, paticularly the Women's forum, at all? Over there they're all on the same page as your trainer re: diet and training. There are lots of women too who keep journals on that forum by posting what they eat everyday, and MANY of them stand by the no-starchy-carbs-in-the-evening rule, so I'm sure you could be able to find some good ideas there! HTH

that's a good point, laurel new
      #238256 - 01/13/06 10:46 AM
jaime g

i was thinking in terms of weight loss (keeping muscle-building in mind, but not at the forefront). good point.

--------------------
jaime

REPORTING IN - 1/12/06 new
      #238262 - 01/13/06 10:57 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi guys!

My report for today is *Not Good*. I almost didn't report it, but then I thought I should in order to help me avoid more *Not Good* days in the future.
First of all, no exercise! My legs hurt sooooo bad that even walking is like agony! I will be making another post in a minute about sore muscles to try and get some help with this... Anywho, so that wasn't great. Second of all, I over slept and missed breakfast. I had "breakfast" at lunch time and missed lunch, oy. Then I was STARVING later on and ate a sandwich made at Starbucks that I only ate half of 'cause it wasn't very yummy and when I read the ingredients on the back, it said it had milk in it. Whoops.
Then my friend came over and brought take out food and I ate a grilled hamburger.. that I realised half way through was a little on the PINK SIDE! Now, my family used to make fun of me 'cause I was so paranoid about undercooked meat that when I ask, "Does this look pink?" they laugh at me, and just say no after glancing over. Finally, my mom came over and she looked and sure enough, it was pink! I am so paranoid about getting sick now that I am a nervous wreck! It does mean that I only ate half a hamburger, but I am terrified of getting some kind of food poisoning or something.. Oy!

Yesterday was a big bad, it was like my last night off before I go back to work (I work through the weekends, so my days off are in the week right now) so tomorrow will be a new start, before I am back to work on Saturday.
As it is already Friday, and I am reporting in a day late I can say that my tummy is not happy with my food choices yesterday and is letting me know in big way, whoops!

Alright, off I go!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

REPORTING IN - 1/12/06 Shell's Weigh In Day (and the whole truth) new
      #238266 - 01/13/06 11:09 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Shell!!!! Look at you!!! Kickin' butt big time!! Hee hee.
7 lbs is great, no matter if you had put some back on! I think that is bound to happen, you have been doing so well for so long that you were bound to have a little setback eventually, right? And it's not *really* such a setback, considering you are already 7 lbs down again!

I think you are doing awesome, good job!

I am not surprised you are paying for that brocolli, when I saw that in your post I was like, "WHAT?!" Brocolli and I are not friends at all, so I can see where you are coming from! I LOVE Brocolli, but we just can't get along. Haha.

I think everybody else has started giving you really good ideas for your evening meals. Can you have carbs if they are complex carbs and in small amounts?
I am seeing this nutritionist and she told me that I must have some kind of carbs (even if it is just some juice) after working out to replace some of the sugar(fuel) I lost while I was working out. But then, my main goal is to lose some weight and not so much on building muscle mass so I dunno if this is different?
Either way, I'm sure you'll work it out! Just don't forget your touchy tummy!

As always, you are such an inspiration!
**huggs**
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

they are both green veggies... new
      #238281 - 01/13/06 12:16 PM
Shell Marr

See it is things like this that totally confuse me.... they are both green veggies... but look at the numbers.....

Canned, Green Beans, no salt added
1 cup
40 calories
og fat
20mg sodium
8g carbs
4g fiber
2g protein

Canned, Green Peas, no salt added
1 cup
117 calories
.6g fat
3mg sodium
21.4g carbs
7g fiber
7.5g protein

--------------------

peas are much starchier new
      #238284 - 01/13/06 12:25 PM
jaime g

closer to carrots in that sense.

i think.

--------------------
jaime

Re: peas are much starchier new
      #238285 - 01/13/06 12:28 PM
Shell Marr

gottcha...

--------------------

Re: Bodybuilding diets... new
      #238288 - 01/13/06 12:31 PM
Shell Marr

If this help.... I'm trying to lose fat and build lean muscle at the same time...

My FINAL goal... probably years from now... will be to be 18% or less bodyfat... I'm currently 36-37%

--------------------

#238315 - 01/13/06 01:53 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Cals 1800 and exercise was 30 minutes on advanced program on the treadmill at 4mph. This is the first time I have done the advanced in a long time. I am also using the cellulite lotion again!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#238316 - 01/13/06 01:59 PM
Shell Marr

GREAT job Tamara!!!

--------------------

Way to go Shell. Congrats on your weight loss. You'll get to your goal for sure!!! new
      #238331 - 01/13/06 02:47 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

Kandee

--------------------

Re: Bodybuilding diets... new
      #238344 - 01/13/06 03:33 PM
Wind

Oh dear. Trust me, eating as she instructs you will accelerate the achievement of your goal. (Confession: I joined a gym last year as a kind of joke at they did the body fat measurement on me & well...I was at 17.6 then. My goodness, I froze at the gym! Now, I am a boney type by nature and don't exercise anyways and have been doing my darndest to actually get a few points of bodyfat. If I walk for an hour or so daily, my bodyfat drops to that. I'm aiming for 19ish. )

Okay, enough stupid confessions. No wonder I get stressed out and bald so easily!

Kate.

One more IDEA for you Shell! new
      #238360 - 01/13/06 04:24 PM
Wind

Do you like eggplant? It's lowcarb/nonstarchy & delicious. The japanese ones are the best. Fabulous paired with zucchini , a menage a trois with mushrooms. Pretty darn simply good (peeled & blended it is so naturally rich/creamy! Like eating babaganush virtually!). Even unpureed I find it quite safe.

(Just thought of that one as I stuck a little one in the oven!)

Kate.

Re: One more IDEA for you Shell! new
      #238361 - 01/13/06 04:33 PM
Shell Marr

no eggplant for me...bad experience making a Father's Day dinner years ago......yucky!!

--------------------

#238397 - 01/13/06 06:27 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

MY FOODS:

-peppermint tea w/*acacia
-dulce luna
-*vanilla soyogurt

[had dinner w/dad]
-vegetarian maki [sushi] roles
-vegetarian miso cup/soup
-few orange slices
-redbean rice cake

OTHER:

-water?? hmm---some but not enough
-5 psylliums
-ate small box/organic lime tarts---had wanted to eat more last night since i ate dinner around 6-7 but ended up hanging w/my bestfriend and sleeping over @ her house and shes not vegan or organic. my body was hurting from being hungry. THEN i loaded up on the water
-does running for trains count as exercise???

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 58 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 20191

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review