All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: REPORTING IN - 1/12/06 new
      #238160 - 01/12/06 09:52 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

YEAH CASEY!!!! I'm so proud of you!!!!!!

Quote:

And the best news of the day is...

...drum roll, please...

I'm down 5lbs! *happydance* I actually had weighed myself yesterday morning and saw I had lost, but I weighed again this morning for a second opinion. LOL I'm still not convinced that I actually LOST WEIGHT because it's only showing on the scale - my clothes are still just as tight, my face is still just as fat - but either way, it was the boost I needed, because I was really starting to feel like all this exercising and eating salads was pointless.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Edited by Shell Marr (01/12/06 10:05 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#238161 - 01/12/06 09:55 PM
Shell Marr

Kate:

Oh... this sounds good!!

Quote:

Egg white creation inspired by Retrograde (Laurel)
(1/2 c. egg whites, steamed spinach & fresh basil all food processed) with some Thai Chili Garlic Sauce

Good luck with this sweetie....

Quote:

I note that my non-smoking habit has given me depression beyond belief. Therefore, I intend to discuss an anti-depressant with my MD @ my next visit. This is normal when one loses a 1/2 life long habit. I have no intentions whatsoever of smoking cigarettes again & reaffirm my resiliance, however, I am neuro-chemically challenged. Send some Serotonin a.s.a.p.!

--------------------

Edited by Shell Marr (01/12/06 10:04 PM)

#238162 - 01/12/06 10:02 PM
Shell Marr

Jamie

Quote:

2 lindt truffles (when i get energy-sapped-tired, i crave chocolate. but i kept the portion smallish. anyone have nutrition info for these? can't find it anywhere on the internet.)

http://www.calorieking.com/foods/search.php?keywords=lindt+truffles&showresults=yes

Quote:

1 piece soy cheese pizza! (w/ mushrooms & basil - thank you shell for this restaurant! i took the subway *one* extra stop, and then walked home with the first pizza slice i've had in months. not quite like the real thing, but very exciting nonetheless)

Oh cool...I'm glad you could check it out....was it worth it?

--------------------

#238167 - 01/12/06 11:29 PM
Draupadi

Reged: 07/16/05
Loc: Santa Cruz, California

Hey Guys,

Things have been really shaky for me lately...I've been overeating a bit, and making some bad choices, and feeling the wrath.
Tomorrow, I'm going to try to get back on track.
Here's what I had today:

*oat muffin, soymilk with tea

*soy coffee
tuna with light mayo an veggies on flax bread, carrot sticks with hummus, one small lemon cookie

*small banana, handful of mixed nuts

*one beer (I don't even like beer...don't know what I was thinking)

*brown rice, lentils, and chard, with a few blackberries for dessert

--------------------
Julia

Yay Shell! new
      #238172 - 01/13/06 04:44 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Congrats on being on the "losing" side of the scale again! I hope you don't beat yourself up too bad about gaining again... you're only human, these things happen. And the fact that you're losing again proves that even a "big" setback is reversible. Go you!!

I still have a bunch of low-carb recipes around... I'll see if I find anything that'll work for you for dinners. Do you have a calorie limit? Or are you mostly just having to avoid the flour and starch?

#238206 - 01/13/06 07:32 AM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

Quote:

http://www.calorieking.com/foods/search.php?keywords=lindt+truffles&showresults=yes

thank you!! that's just about what i thought they'd be. i figure i can satisfy a chocolate craving for fewer calories with one or two of those than with a whole, less-rich-tasting, chocolate bar.

Quote:

Oh cool...I'm glad you could check it out....was it worth it?

definitely! for a little under $5 i got a slice w/ soy cheese, mushrooms, and basil. although the melted soy cheese stuck to my teeth a bit, and it wasn't quite regular pizza (it's not pizza crust, exactly), it was delicious. it's so good to know there's pizza i can eat, and walking distance from home, too. (and did i mention the cute boys who work there? cute boys work there.)

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

Re: Yay Shell! new
      #238222 - 01/13/06 08:36 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Congrats on being on the "losing" side of the scale again! I hope you don't beat yourself up too bad about gaining again... you're only human, these things happen. And the fact that you're losing again proves that even a "big" setback is reversible. Go you!!

I still have a bunch of low-carb recipes around... I'll see if I find anything that'll work for you for dinners. Do you have a calorie limit? Or are you mostly just having to avoid the flour and starch?

Thanks Casey!!

I'd like to keep my dinners about 450-500 calories. Right now she wants my max calories for the day to be 1800. I will also need to lose the pretzels at lunch soon...not sure what to have.... Heather said, "FOOD=FUEL and no more empty calories, the food has to be nutritious and count" But I also have to pay attention to my IBS... so, this could get tricky.

--------------------

Re: REPORTING IN - 1/12/06 Shell's Weigh In Day (and the whole truth) new
      #238224 - 01/13/06 08:41 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Dinner: 283 calories Stir Fry of 5oz Chicken Breast, 2 Tablespoons Diced Onion, 1/4 Teaspoon chopped Garlic, 1 Cup Chopped Broccoli (floweretts w/tiny stock) , 1-1/2 Tablespoons NEW Mrs Dash - Zesty Garlic Herb 10 Minute Marinade (no salt) & Water
(I'm gonna need help with new ideas here....Per Trainer....no flour or starchy carbs for dinner, leafy-green veggies good..., must be low soduim)

I'm already paying for this....{{fart fart}} I even took Beano....EEEKKK.... I was not too thrilled with the taste of the broccoli anyways....and all I could think of was I was eating little trees....(thanks Kate ) Glad the boss is out of town today!

--------------------

Great work new
      #238229 - 01/13/06 08:58 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Great work Shell and Casey in the weight loss department.

Casey- You and I have similar sweet teeth!

Shell- I'll check if any of my recipes work. Empty calories are bad, I know this too but when I am logging my foods on fitday I really realise that I am "wasting" so many calories on foods with no nutritional value. Must try harder at that.

Shell- are you full after such a small dinner, has your body gotten used to it? I like to eat a HUGE dinner, tons of rice (using IBS as an excuse) How are you getting on without the carbs?
What kind of foods do you like and I will see if I can come up with recipes for you.

--------------------
S.

Re: Great work new
      #238238 - 01/13/06 09:24 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Great work Shell and Casey in the weight loss department.

Casey- You and I have similar sweet teeth!

Shell- I'll check if any of my recipes work. Empty calories are bad, I know this too but when I am logging my foods on fitday I really realise that I am "wasting" so many calories on foods with no nutritional value. Must try harder at that.

Shell- are you full after such a small dinner, has your body gotten used to it? I like to eat a HUGE dinner, tons of rice (using IBS as an excuse) How are you getting on without the carbs?
What kind of foods do you like and I will see if I can come up with recipes for you.

Thanks Sinead!

I'm SOOOO hungry today, last nights dinner was way too small and not nearly enough calories, also I had just done weight lifting too....I was dizzy last night about an hour after dinner and ate about a cup of dry rice chex and felt much better.

What do I like.... chicken & turkey are no brainers...so I would like to build around those... veggies that I CAN have at dinner are green and leafy. Per trainer....NOT ALLOWED FOR DINNER are... peas, brussel sprouts, zucchini, avocado, carrots, cauliflower, any starchy veggies like potatoes of any kind) I like green beans (I don't like the texture of frozen and I'm not sure about fresh yet), I did not care for the broccoli, but will eat it if no other option.... garlic & onions are fine. I'm gonna ask her if mushrooms are ok... I THINK they are, but I might be wrong.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 25 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 20381

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review