All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
REPORTING IN - 1/10/06
      #237145 - 01/10/06 09:56 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 1/10 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 1/10/06 new
      #237378 - 01/10/06 05:39 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Hm. Not too good today. Wasn't feeling that hungry. Does anyone remember the Sesame Street parody of "Material Girl?"

That's me today: "Cereal Girl."

Crispix
peach cobbler

Luna Bar

Kix

oatmeal
flour tortilla

teriyaki chicken
rice
chamomile tea

Probably more dry cereal or leftover peach cobbler as a snack later.

REPORTING IN - 1/10/06 new
      #237406 - 01/10/06 07:15 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

breakfast: 3 crackers, 1/2 cup granola w/ 1/2 cup vanilla soy milk
snack: 3 mint meringues
snack: 15 junior mints
lunch: turkey sandwich on light bread, grapes
dinner: salad, 2 slices white bread
dessert: ice pop

workout: tae-bo and a little more snow-shoveling

I've been keeping track of my calories offline... even with the junior mints binge, I'm still within my calorie budget. Which is good.

I'm a little discouraged... when I've dieted in the past, I've typically lost 5-10lbs the first week (seriously) and then the rest comes off at a more normal rate. I know it doesn't really matter, but that lump coming off right at first is encouraging, you know? Anyway, THIS time around, I didn't have that same loss at the beginning. I know it'll come off eventually (well, ok, I HOPE so!), but not seeing the scale move after a week for the first time ever is a little bit of a bummer. I hope I start seeing the scale go down soon... otherwise, I might as well be eating whatever I want!

Anyway, that's my whine for today. LOL

Lol, "Cereal Girl" in a surreal world. new
      #237409 - 01/10/06 07:29 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

She lives in a box!

So...why not get the ULTIMATE TEMPTATION. You know which ones I'm refering to--those cheeky Cheerios!

Kate.

#237410 - 01/10/06 07:45 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Chicken breast (1/2 c.)
Organic broccoli puree (I was in a really weird mood @ break-the-fast, this morning! No gas, though--or cramps!)

More broccoli puree
Salad with yellow/green zucchini & matchstick carrots
on boston lettuce
with Light Ravin' Raspberry dressing

Whipped organic cauliflower faux-taters
topped with Chives
Baked eggplant & Cremini mushrooms
on Mixed Greens
with Poppyseed Lite dressing
& a little extra mustard for a mega-byte & balsalmic
& fresh basil

Just a weird food day, I guess--non-traditional, but who gives a bleep. No ill effects, but then all was ultra-safely prepared.

UFO sugarless gum
I forget how much Jasmine Green tea (but definitley at least 2L)
Ginger Twist tea (about a L)
1 L of Camomile tea (thank goodness for antihistamines!)
Water, but I'm not sure how much.

Tons of exercise, lol! A walk to the mailbox 2 blocks away & back. (Actually, that is alot of exercise!)

Anyways, I guess I ate healthy??? I hope I met my basal needs so I don't wake-up famished during the witching hour I feel good. No IBS-attacks. No acid reflux either.

Kate.

#237423 - 01/10/06 08:06 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

Hello Hello...

Breakfast: 1 cup Pasta with Tomato sauce

Lunch: UFO. Burger and French fries, followed by D. It was kinda worth it though (can you say PMS?)

Snack: about 8 Caramel Mini Rice Cakes, and 1 candy cane

Dinner: Was at work so I didn't have a real full on meal, 1 slice french bread, one mini bottle of coke, 1 bowl crab and corn chowder (made with chicken stock), a few baby spinach leaves.

Work Out: Took today off, but I did waitress for 6 hours tonight, which counts a little. Its a lot of walking and running around.

--------------------

#237424 - 01/10/06 08:11 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I started the day with acacia and tea along with omelet with spinach and a piece of pretty grainy toast (Natural Ovens oatmeal). It felt great but tasted just ok. Anyway cals: under 1800. Exercise 3 rounds weights and ball. I have upped my weights lately to get those true weightlfting sound effects.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Oh Casey, here we are.. back in that same boat again.. new
      #237434 - 01/10/06 08:32 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hey Casey! Sounds like you and I are back in the same boat again!
Quote:

breakfast: 3 crackers, 1/2 cup granola w/ 1/2 cup vanilla soy milk
snack: 3 mint meringues
snack: 15 junior mints Again, mmmmmm
lunch: turkey sandwich on light bread, grapes
dinner: salad, 2 slices white bread
dessert: ice pop

workout: tae-bo and a little more snow-shoveling

I've been keeping track of my calories offline... even with the junior mints binge, I'm still within my calorie budget. Which is good.

I'm a little discouraged... when I've dieted in the past, I've typically lost 5-10lbs the first week (seriously) and then the rest comes off at a more normal rate. I know it doesn't really matter, but that lump coming off right at first is encouraging, you know? Anyway, THIS time around, I didn't have that same loss at the beginning. I know it'll come off eventually (well, ok, I HOPE so!), but not seeing the scale move after a week for the first time ever is a little bit of a bummer. I hope I start seeing the scale go down soon... otherwise, I might as well be eating whatever I want!
And this is where I hop back on boat! (Okay, I promise that is the last mention of this "boat", hee hee). I am feeling a little discouraged at the moment as well because I have done the same thing - I eat waaay better the last few months than I EVER have before and I haven't lost a pound! In fact, the only time I have lost any weight in the last several months was when I got super bad food poisoning and ended up in hospital and didn't eat for 4 days!
Anyway, now I am exercising and I STILL haven't lost any weight. So I feel exactly the same... why aren't I eating cheeseburgers (well, aside from horrible IBS reprecussions, of course!) if I am still going to chubby myself around, hee hee.

I was just thinking, maybe it is a metabolism thing? It seems like you aren't eating very many calories, except for from some sugary stuff... do you think you are eating enough?
The trainer I went to see, and the nutritionist told me I am not eating enough calories and I won't lose weight until I up my healthy caloric intake, which I am so badly struggling with.
Just one idea!
I've also been told that I'm "gettin' older, you know, can't expect it to happen overnight" and I'm 23!! Anywho, it could be age that makes it take a little longer to get kick-started.
Either way, let's stick with it, shall we?

**hugs** I still think you're kicking butt!
--Steph

Anyway, that's my whine for today. LOL

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

REPORTING IN - 1/10/06 new
      #237451 - 01/10/06 09:36 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi everybody!

Exercise: I did really well again today, if I do say so myself! : Went to the gym and right when I got there, it was 5 minutes until a class called "Body Blast". I asked at the front desk if you had to be advanced or anything, and she said no so I gave it a try.
OH. MY. GOD. When it was over, my whole body felt shaky! You do a lot on the step, and use weights. It's crazy. The description on their wesbite describes it as a "Full Body workout with resistance equiptment focuses on muscle balance, strength and shape".
It was awesome, I will definitely be going back!
ANYWAY, that was an hour. Then, while waiting for Adrian, I went on the treadmill and RAN (which I never do). I was only on it for 12 minutes, but I alternated between walking and running. Burned 85 calories in the 12 minutes, I think.

Breakfast: Oatmeal/oat bran and soy milk

Snack: Apple Crisp Granola Bar

Lunch: Grilled chicken breast strips, peach/mango applesauce and 1 apple newton and a couple of almonds and raisins.

Snack: 1 Hobnob and some semi sweet chocolate chips (only a few)

Snack: 1/2 a mini can of tuna mixed with Ultra LF mayo, and some baked lays chips

Dinner: (This is bad!) It was late after we got home, and we got lazy so we ate TAKEOUT CHINESE FOOD! Oy. I ate some chicken chow mein, and then I made the HUGE mistake of eating a peice of BATTERED chicken that Adrian had (it was small, but still) that has left me feeling uber gross, blech!

Snack: UFO glass of diet soda.

Whatever, don't care about bad food choice 'cause I did good otherwise!

Cheers everybody!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#237454 - 01/10/06 09:53 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

OK... here is my reporting in......
My BMR = 2083 + I burned 1050 calories (50 mintues Body Sculpting Class with Personal Trainer Heather then 28 minutes on the Eliptical) - 730 less calories to get to my goal = 2403 calorie food budget.

Pre-Breakfast: 180 calories Choc Peppermint Stick Luna Bar & Water

Breakfast: 250 calories 1/2 cup Oatmeal w/ Jay Robb Egg White Choc Protein Powder mixed in AFTER cooking & Water

Tea Time: 0 calories 8oz Ginger Tea unsweetened

Snack: 150 calories 4oz Unsweetened Applesauce w/ Jay Robb Egg White Choc Protein Powder mixed in after heating it in the microwave & Water I ordered "unflavored" today so I will let ya all know how that tastes

Lunch: 305 calories 6oz Tuna w/Light Mayo, 1oz Snyders FF Mini Pretzels & Water

Before The Gym: 200 calories 12oz Jay Robb Egg White Choc Protein Powder Drink (mixed with water) & Water

At The Gym: 14 calories 4 Altoids & Water

Dinner: 411 calories Baked Burrito 10" Flour Tortilla w/5oz Chicken Breast, 2 Tablespoon Hummus ( on the side ), 2 Teaspoons Green Tabasco Sauce, 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper, Butter Pam & Water

Tea Time: 0 calories 8oz Heather's Fennel Tea unsweetened

Fiber Pills: 3 calories total

Total Water intake (goal 128oz) = 88 oz

Total of 1513 .....LOW, should be at least 1800....but still in my food budget

QUESTION: Can one have TOO MUCH Protien in one day? My total intake today was 184 grams

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 95 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 16055

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review