All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 1/10/06
      #237145 - 01/10/06 09:56 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 1/10 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 1/10/06 new
      #237378 - 01/10/06 05:39 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Hm. Not too good today. Wasn't feeling that hungry. Does anyone remember the Sesame Street parody of "Material Girl?"

That's me today: "Cereal Girl."

Crispix
peach cobbler

Luna Bar

Kix

oatmeal
flour tortilla

teriyaki chicken
rice
chamomile tea

Probably more dry cereal or leftover peach cobbler as a snack later.

REPORTING IN - 1/10/06 new
      #237406 - 01/10/06 07:15 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

breakfast: 3 crackers, 1/2 cup granola w/ 1/2 cup vanilla soy milk
snack: 3 mint meringues
snack: 15 junior mints
lunch: turkey sandwich on light bread, grapes
dinner: salad, 2 slices white bread
dessert: ice pop

workout: tae-bo and a little more snow-shoveling

I've been keeping track of my calories offline... even with the junior mints binge, I'm still within my calorie budget. Which is good.

I'm a little discouraged... when I've dieted in the past, I've typically lost 5-10lbs the first week (seriously) and then the rest comes off at a more normal rate. I know it doesn't really matter, but that lump coming off right at first is encouraging, you know? Anyway, THIS time around, I didn't have that same loss at the beginning. I know it'll come off eventually (well, ok, I HOPE so!), but not seeing the scale move after a week for the first time ever is a little bit of a bummer. I hope I start seeing the scale go down soon... otherwise, I might as well be eating whatever I want!

Anyway, that's my whine for today. LOL

Lol, "Cereal Girl" in a surreal world. new
      #237409 - 01/10/06 07:29 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

She lives in a box!

So...why not get the ULTIMATE TEMPTATION. You know which ones I'm refering to--those cheeky Cheerios!

Kate.

#237410 - 01/10/06 07:45 PM
Wind

Chicken breast (1/2 c.)
Organic broccoli puree (I was in a really weird mood @ break-the-fast, this morning! No gas, though--or cramps!)

More broccoli puree
Salad with yellow/green zucchini & matchstick carrots
on boston lettuce
with Light Ravin' Raspberry dressing

Whipped organic cauliflower faux-taters
topped with Chives
Baked eggplant & Cremini mushrooms
on Mixed Greens
with Poppyseed Lite dressing
& a little extra mustard for a mega-byte & balsalmic
& fresh basil

Just a weird food day, I guess--non-traditional, but who gives a bleep. No ill effects, but then all was ultra-safely prepared.

UFO sugarless gum
I forget how much Jasmine Green tea (but definitley at least 2L)
Ginger Twist tea (about a L)
1 L of Camomile tea (thank goodness for antihistamines!)
Water, but I'm not sure how much.

Tons of exercise, lol! A walk to the mailbox 2 blocks away & back. (Actually, that is alot of exercise!)

Anyways, I guess I ate healthy??? I hope I met my basal needs so I don't wake-up famished during the witching hour I feel good. No IBS-attacks. No acid reflux either.

Kate.

#237423 - 01/10/06 08:06 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

Hello Hello...

Breakfast: 1 cup Pasta with Tomato sauce

Lunch: UFO. Burger and French fries, followed by D. It was kinda worth it though (can you say PMS?)

Snack: about 8 Caramel Mini Rice Cakes, and 1 candy cane

Dinner: Was at work so I didn't have a real full on meal, 1 slice french bread, one mini bottle of coke, 1 bowl crab and corn chowder (made with chicken stock), a few baby spinach leaves.

Work Out: Took today off, but I did waitress for 6 hours tonight, which counts a little. Its a lot of walking and running around.

--------------------

#237424 - 01/10/06 08:11 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I started the day with acacia and tea along with omelet with spinach and a piece of pretty grainy toast (Natural Ovens oatmeal). It felt great but tasted just ok. Anyway cals: under 1800. Exercise 3 rounds weights and ball. I have upped my weights lately to get those true weightlfting sound effects.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Oh Casey, here we are.. back in that same boat again.. new
      #237434 - 01/10/06 08:32 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hey Casey! Sounds like you and I are back in the same boat again!
Quote:

breakfast: 3 crackers, 1/2 cup granola w/ 1/2 cup vanilla soy milk
snack: 3 mint meringues
snack: 15 junior mints Again, mmmmmm
lunch: turkey sandwich on light bread, grapes
dinner: salad, 2 slices white bread
dessert: ice pop

workout: tae-bo and a little more snow-shoveling

I've been keeping track of my calories offline... even with the junior mints binge, I'm still within my calorie budget. Which is good.

I'm a little discouraged... when I've dieted in the past, I've typically lost 5-10lbs the first week (seriously) and then the rest comes off at a more normal rate. I know it doesn't really matter, but that lump coming off right at first is encouraging, you know? Anyway, THIS time around, I didn't have that same loss at the beginning. I know it'll come off eventually (well, ok, I HOPE so!), but not seeing the scale move after a week for the first time ever is a little bit of a bummer. I hope I start seeing the scale go down soon... otherwise, I might as well be eating whatever I want!
And this is where I hop back on boat! (Okay, I promise that is the last mention of this "boat", hee hee). I am feeling a little discouraged at the moment as well because I have done the same thing - I eat waaay better the last few months than I EVER have before and I haven't lost a pound! In fact, the only time I have lost any weight in the last several months was when I got super bad food poisoning and ended up in hospital and didn't eat for 4 days!
Anyway, now I am exercising and I STILL haven't lost any weight. So I feel exactly the same... why aren't I eating cheeseburgers (well, aside from horrible IBS reprecussions, of course!) if I am still going to chubby myself around, hee hee.

I was just thinking, maybe it is a metabolism thing? It seems like you aren't eating very many calories, except for from some sugary stuff... do you think you are eating enough?
The trainer I went to see, and the nutritionist told me I am not eating enough calories and I won't lose weight until I up my healthy caloric intake, which I am so badly struggling with.
Just one idea!
I've also been told that I'm "gettin' older, you know, can't expect it to happen overnight" and I'm 23!! Anywho, it could be age that makes it take a little longer to get kick-started.
Either way, let's stick with it, shall we?

**hugs** I still think you're kicking butt!
--Steph

Anyway, that's my whine for today. LOL

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

REPORTING IN - 1/10/06 new
      #237451 - 01/10/06 09:36 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi everybody!

Exercise: I did really well again today, if I do say so myself! : Went to the gym and right when I got there, it was 5 minutes until a class called "Body Blast". I asked at the front desk if you had to be advanced or anything, and she said no so I gave it a try.
OH. MY. GOD. When it was over, my whole body felt shaky! You do a lot on the step, and use weights. It's crazy. The description on their wesbite describes it as a "Full Body workout with resistance equiptment focuses on muscle balance, strength and shape".
It was awesome, I will definitely be going back!
ANYWAY, that was an hour. Then, while waiting for Adrian, I went on the treadmill and RAN (which I never do). I was only on it for 12 minutes, but I alternated between walking and running. Burned 85 calories in the 12 minutes, I think.

Breakfast: Oatmeal/oat bran and soy milk

Snack: Apple Crisp Granola Bar

Lunch: Grilled chicken breast strips, peach/mango applesauce and 1 apple newton and a couple of almonds and raisins.

Snack: 1 Hobnob and some semi sweet chocolate chips (only a few)

Snack: 1/2 a mini can of tuna mixed with Ultra LF mayo, and some baked lays chips

Dinner: (This is bad!) It was late after we got home, and we got lazy so we ate TAKEOUT CHINESE FOOD! Oy. I ate some chicken chow mein, and then I made the HUGE mistake of eating a peice of BATTERED chicken that Adrian had (it was small, but still) that has left me feeling uber gross, blech!

Snack: UFO glass of diet soda.

Whatever, don't care about bad food choice 'cause I did good otherwise!

Cheers everybody!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#237454 - 01/10/06 09:53 PM
Shell Marr

OK... here is my reporting in......
My BMR = 2083 + I burned 1050 calories (50 mintues Body Sculpting Class with Personal Trainer Heather then 28 minutes on the Eliptical) - 730 less calories to get to my goal = 2403 calorie food budget.

Pre-Breakfast: 180 calories Choc Peppermint Stick Luna Bar & Water

Breakfast: 250 calories 1/2 cup Oatmeal w/ Jay Robb Egg White Choc Protein Powder mixed in AFTER cooking & Water

Tea Time: 0 calories 8oz Ginger Tea unsweetened

Snack: 150 calories 4oz Unsweetened Applesauce w/ Jay Robb Egg White Choc Protein Powder mixed in after heating it in the microwave & Water I ordered "unflavored" today so I will let ya all know how that tastes

Lunch: 305 calories 6oz Tuna w/Light Mayo, 1oz Snyders FF Mini Pretzels & Water

Before The Gym: 200 calories 12oz Jay Robb Egg White Choc Protein Powder Drink (mixed with water) & Water

At The Gym: 14 calories 4 Altoids & Water

Dinner: 411 calories Baked Burrito 10" Flour Tortilla w/5oz Chicken Breast, 2 Tablespoon Hummus ( on the side ), 2 Teaspoons Green Tabasco Sauce, 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper, Butter Pam & Water

Tea Time: 0 calories 8oz Heather's Fennel Tea unsweetened

Fiber Pills: 3 calories total

Total Water intake (goal 128oz) = 88 oz

Total of 1513 .....LOW, should be at least 1800....but still in my food budget

QUESTION: Can one have TOO MUCH Protien in one day? My total intake today was 184 grams

--------------------

#237459 - 01/10/06 10:42 PM
Shell Marr

Stephie....you ROCKED at the gym today...right on!!! Your diet looked good too....except dinner..but you already knew that....hehehe Keep it up girl!!

--------------------

#237460 - 01/10/06 10:44 PM
Shell Marr

Good day for you too Casey....even with 15 JM's

--------------------

#237461 - 01/10/06 10:46 PM
Shell Marr

Kate....another day for the "interesting books" hehehe I wish I could eat like that... I would fart myself right out of a job and the gym....LOL

--------------------

#237462 - 01/10/06 10:47 PM
Shell Marr

Maria the "Cereal Girl"...hehehe That reminds me... I should make some more of Heather's honey chex mix for my weekend snack...

--------------------

#237463 - 01/10/06 10:49 PM
Shell Marr

Ashley.. Your PMS'ing now...it was me this weekend big time... Pasta for breakfast? now, that opens all kind of doors for me...wonder if my trainer would go for it? hehehe

--------------------

#237464 - 01/10/06 10:51 PM
Shell Marr

Tamara....I KNOW those sounds you speak of...LOL The guys in the "Big Boy Room" stare at me when I make them.... but my trainer says, "The noises don't make it any easier" LOL

Great job!!

--------------------

I hate boats! new
      #237468 - 01/11/06 04:31 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

LOL!

Well, I know my calorie range is probably fine... I'm doing the BMR -500 thing, and accounting for the exercise. I'm thinking maybe it's a combination of birth control (which I was never on when I tried to lose weight in the past) and, yep, age. I've never lost weight easily ANYWAY, except when I just stop eating altogether for a few months, and now that I'm in my 30s it's apparently just going to get tougher.

I'm not giving up, though... just whining a little. Hah. Of course I'm sticking with it too! I'm looking at it this way: I really really want to lose weight, but even if I don't, at least I'm going to be *healthier*... I'm exercising, I'm eating well, etc etc.

We'll see if the sugar makes any kind of difference. My binge yesterday was the last of my Christmas candy AND the last of those meringues (although those were at least low-calorie and low-sugar).

Anyway, thanks for the encouragement... and the sympathy! I'm sorry to hear we have the same problem!

#237469 - 01/11/06 04:46 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

PMS pushed me off the wagon today too.

I started off good with my weetabix, had baked potato and salad for lunch, then ate about 6 mini toblerones (mmm) went out for an Indian meal with a friend, had BUTTER chicken, pilau rice, garlic & Coriander naan. Then back to my house for a bottle of wine between us and CHOCOLATES that she bought for me. Guess who has a very sore tummy today? I have drunk a litre of 7up with the fizz gone out (yip the full calorie stuff so that's 430 cals of emptiness) so far today, will post on 11th report how the rest of the day goes but I am not kidding myself.

No exercise, except walking to the restaurant lol and way too many calories. Should be able to get back on track for my weigh in next week, by which time I am determined to have lost another 2 lbs.

Now, over to you lot!

Ashley- OF COURSE six hours waitressing counts as exercise!

Steph- Great work with the gym, Last year I found classes really motivating as they made me realise just how unfit I actually was compared to everyone else and I couldn't just give up during a class so I kept going. I resolve to go back to the gym next week. Honest.
You did great with ordering the Chow Mein too, don't they always say it's the best for weightwatching? (My butter chicken is on the red alert list though)

Casey- I can relate to the sweetie binges!

--------------------
S.

hahaha new
      #237494 - 01/11/06 06:42 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

I don't normally do pasta for breakfast, but I had leftovers and was sick of cereal. I must say it was yummy. Back in the day (preibs) my fave breakfast was leftover cold pizza.

--------------------

#237527 - 01/11/06 08:14 AM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

i'm not necessarily Back Reporting For Good, but today, might as well.

oatmeal w/ lite soy milk

small sweet potato w/ salt
1/2 c apple sauce (unsweetened)
100 calorie pack pb cookies

wheat thins
2 c minestrone soup

cheerios w/ lite soy milk
honey mustard pretzel bites

asparagus
spirutein w/ lite soy milk
chocolate soy pudding w/ graham cracker

gym: 45 min biking, lifting (arms), 1/2 mile walk each way to & from the gym.

i figure i'm not going to kill myself about keeping a food diary, but i keep track every day in my head, so i'll be in and out with the reporting. i mostly just miss the fun.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

mmmm, cold pizza... -nt- new
      #237535 - 01/11/06 08:20 AM
jaime g

--------------------
jaime

#237536 - 01/11/06 08:21 AM
Shell Marr

Sinead... darn PMS!!!

--------------------

#237537 - 01/11/06 08:22 AM
Shell Marr

Jaime... you had a really good day!!

And I'm with you....MMMM... cold pizza!! LOL

--------------------

#237543 - 01/11/06 08:36 AM
jaime g

thanks, shell. i felt good about it, too. (i know my calories aren't low enough for any sort of rapid weight-loss, but i'm happier going very slowly while feeling good about what i'm eating, rather than losing one or two pounds a week but having to fight to stay on-diet. and i'm also upping my gym-going, so we'll see what happens.) and i'm kinda mystified at all the veggies - i never manage that much, especially without even trying.

--------------------
jaime

#237554 - 01/11/06 08:59 AM
Shell Marr

Jamie... I've increased my gym time (more cardio) again too...and really watching WHAT I'm eating... I really need to work in more veggies myself (wish I could eat like Kate).... it is so hard but I'm gonna start playing with different lunch & snack ideas...(but it has to be easy).... I just started the oatmeal in the mornings...so I don't want to change too much too fast and not know what it is incase my IBS acts up. Right now I'm watching the addition of oatmeal and the increase in protein powder.

--------------------

Hmmm...being downWIND! new
      #237616 - 01/11/06 11:06 AM
Wind

Actually, Beano totally works on me--thank Goodness. It's weird, though...carrots & orange foods & potatoes & wheat or oats or soy would give me the most intolerable gas attack--even with Beano. A slippery banana fart--now that's asking for trouble. I don't get it, but truly, if I was still smoking I couldn't stand the pain of tarry farts. Potatoes give me the most bulky farts. I literally smell like a french fry.

However, I totally respect your sensitivity with certain foods.

Kate.

A slippery banana fart!!! new
      #237620 - 01/11/06 11:13 AM
Shell Marr

A slippery banana fart OMG.... I have not laughed this hard in weeks...I'm cryin here!! LOL

I've tried beano and even feed it to Shane everynight cuz he gets whole beans in his burrito for dinner... but for some reason it did not work for me. Do you use the pills or the drops? Maybe I'll try it again when I start playing with other food ideas.... maybe making some veggie pureed soups and adding chicken or turkey to them.

--------------------

Tell me about it Shell! new
      #237642 - 01/11/06 12:26 PM
cailin

PMS is the devil in disguise!

You really seem to be back on track with your gymming and food watching again...you go girl!

Your dinner burrito sounds yummy- do you miss making all the recipe board dishes? I miss reading the ones you made and discovering them- it was you who introduced me that yummy Oven Fried Honey chicken (I think that's the name) I remembered it recently, also there was a really nice basmati rice dish, was it with ginger? Hope you are happy on your program and seeing the great effects too

--------------------
S.

Re: Tell me about it Shell! new
      #237644 - 01/11/06 12:32 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

PMS is the devil in disguise!

You really seem to be back on track with your gymming and food watching again...you go girl!

Your dinner burrito sounds yummy- do you miss making all the recipe board dishes? I miss reading the ones you made and discovering them- it was you who introduced me that yummy Oven Fried Honey chicken (I think that's the name) I remembered it recently, also there was a really nice basmati rice dish, was it with ginger? Hope you are happy on your program and seeing the great effects too

YES... I do miss cooking... but I DO get one cheat meal per week which I'm going to start having for Sat dinner I think. So, I will start playing with stuff again. Yes, I LOVED that rice dish.... heck... I might even be able to have that during the week w/chicken. Things will change with my dinners too when the rain and wind stop blowing so I can grill stuff on the BBQ...

As for results... lets just say I PUT ON SOME POUNDS over the holidays...ok..since Mom's surgery in Oct. But I've lost 5 of it so far...so I'm almost back to where I was in Sept... a little set back...but I've shocked the heck out of my body and it is really starting to show and feel it again!! I LOVE IT... and I took a new HIP HOP class at the gym this last Sat...heck, I never knew my body COULD move that way!! LOL

--------------------

Yes shell, that rice was great!--nt new
      #237646 - 01/11/06 12:33 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

--------------------

Here is the link to the rice! new
      #237650 - 01/11/06 12:37 PM
Shell Marr

Here is the link to the rice! web page

And thanks Casey for posting it!!

--------------------

Re: A slippery banana fart!!! new
      #237750 - 01/11/06 05:28 PM
Wind

I use the Beano pills. Were you using the drops? They don't sell the drops around here!

Seriously, steamed/mashed & pureed, certain notoriously terrifying foods for IBS'ers are painless. YES, even broccoli (with Beano pills). It has the consistency of mashed potatoes in case you are wondering. Alot of the time, I just use one of those Braun handblenders for a quick job.

Yes, Shell, now you can really laugh, but in this form, when I'm stable, I can devour an entire broccoli, although first thing in the a.m., maybe just one crown. Unless I'm positively ravenous, though, more than 2 crowns is a stretch. I have, though, on positively beyond hungry days consumed 3 crowns, but that is quite rare. For some strange reason, the stalks still bug my butt, so I just use the crowns, or the "trees." However, celery, no matter what KILLS me & I guess the stalk is kind of the celery-like part of the broccoli.

AND YES...I can & have eaten a whole small cauliflower when stable without a problem. BUT if it is not whipped, it whips me.

Okay, enough illicit confessions for today.

Kate.

#237828 - 01/12/06 12:05 AM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

MY FOODS:

-*fennel tea w/acacia
-lemon luna
-*fake tuna sandwich/*safe oat bread
-*blueberry soyogurt
-peppermint tea
-*rice cakes
-2 homemade *scones
-vegan pizza

OTHER:
-4 psylliums--this dose is killing me!!
-60+ OZ/water
-babysat for 8.5 hours

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

Re: Tell me about it Shell! new
      #237830 - 01/12/06 02:58 AM
cailin

Shell- do you have a George Foreman that could get you grilling again? We got one as a wedding gift and I love it!

Its hard to keep up the routine during a stressful time and we all have relapses so don't cut yourself up over it. You are way back on track now!

The hip hop class sounds fun. I need to get back into getting lots of exercise again..soon

--------------------
S.

Re: A slippery banana fart!!! new
      #238165 - 01/12/06 10:14 PM
Shell Marr

Kate:

Quote:

I use the Beano pills. Were you using the drops? They don't sell the drops around here!

No, I was using pills... I started taking them again tonight (1/12/06)

Quote:

Seriously, steamed/mashed & pureed, certain notoriously terrifying foods for IBS'ers are painless. YES, even broccoli (with Beano pills). It has the consistency of mashed potatoes in case you are wondering. Alot of the time, I just use one of those Braun handblenders for a quick job.

Thank you.... (see my dinner report 1/12/06)

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 74 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 16054

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review