www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 1/10/06 new
      #237543 - 01/11/06 08:36 AM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

thanks, shell. i felt good about it, too. (i know my calories aren't low enough for any sort of rapid weight-loss, but i'm happier going very slowly while feeling good about what i'm eating, rather than losing one or two pounds a week but having to fight to stay on-diet. and i'm also upping my gym-going, so we'll see what happens.) and i'm kinda mystified at all the veggies - i never manage that much, especially without even trying.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

Re: REPORTING IN - 1/10/06 new
      #237554 - 01/11/06 08:59 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Jamie... I've increased my gym time (more cardio) again too...and really watching WHAT I'm eating... I really need to work in more veggies myself (wish I could eat like Kate).... it is so hard but I'm gonna start playing with different lunch & snack ideas...(but it has to be easy).... I just started the oatmeal in the mornings...so I don't want to change too much too fast and not know what it is incase my IBS acts up. Right now I'm watching the addition of oatmeal and the increase in protein powder.

--------------------

Hmmm...being downWIND! new
      #237616 - 01/11/06 11:06 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Actually, Beano totally works on me--thank Goodness. It's weird, though...carrots & orange foods & potatoes & wheat or oats or soy would give me the most intolerable gas attack--even with Beano. A slippery banana fart--now that's asking for trouble. I don't get it, but truly, if I was still smoking I couldn't stand the pain of tarry farts. Potatoes give me the most bulky farts. I literally smell like a french fry.

However, I totally respect your sensitivity with certain foods.

Kate.

A slippery banana fart!!! new
      #237620 - 01/11/06 11:13 AM
Shell Marr

A slippery banana fart OMG.... I have not laughed this hard in weeks...I'm cryin here!! LOL

I've tried beano and even feed it to Shane everynight cuz he gets whole beans in his burrito for dinner... but for some reason it did not work for me. Do you use the pills or the drops? Maybe I'll try it again when I start playing with other food ideas.... maybe making some veggie pureed soups and adding chicken or turkey to them.

--------------------

Tell me about it Shell! new
      #237642 - 01/11/06 12:26 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

PMS is the devil in disguise!

You really seem to be back on track with your gymming and food watching again...you go girl!

Your dinner burrito sounds yummy- do you miss making all the recipe board dishes? I miss reading the ones you made and discovering them- it was you who introduced me that yummy Oven Fried Honey chicken (I think that's the name) I remembered it recently, also there was a really nice basmati rice dish, was it with ginger? Hope you are happy on your program and seeing the great effects too

--------------------
S.

Re: Tell me about it Shell! new
      #237644 - 01/11/06 12:32 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

PMS is the devil in disguise!

You really seem to be back on track with your gymming and food watching again...you go girl!

Your dinner burrito sounds yummy- do you miss making all the recipe board dishes? I miss reading the ones you made and discovering them- it was you who introduced me that yummy Oven Fried Honey chicken (I think that's the name) I remembered it recently, also there was a really nice basmati rice dish, was it with ginger? Hope you are happy on your program and seeing the great effects too

YES... I do miss cooking... but I DO get one cheat meal per week which I'm going to start having for Sat dinner I think. So, I will start playing with stuff again. Yes, I LOVED that rice dish.... heck... I might even be able to have that during the week w/chicken. Things will change with my dinners too when the rain and wind stop blowing so I can grill stuff on the BBQ...

As for results... lets just say I PUT ON SOME POUNDS over the holidays...ok..since Mom's surgery in Oct. But I've lost 5 of it so far...so I'm almost back to where I was in Sept... a little set back...but I've shocked the heck out of my body and it is really starting to show and feel it again!! I LOVE IT... and I took a new HIP HOP class at the gym this last Sat...heck, I never knew my body COULD move that way!! LOL

--------------------

Yes shell, that rice was great!--nt new
      #237646 - 01/11/06 12:33 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 104 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 16238

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review