All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
roasted garlic hummus new
      #237053 - 01/09/06 09:20 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Kate, I buy roasted garlic hummus and lots of other fun kinds of hummus all the time I think jalepeno is my favourite but the garlic one is defintely fantastic to. The brand is called Summer Fresh Salads (summerfresh.com); it's a Canadian company and I've seen them at Sobey's and at Price Chopper. Our Compliments (store brand) also makes similar flavoured hummuses too I think.

(ps major kudos to you on your 5+ weeks of not smoking! )

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 1/9/06!!! new
      #237062 - 01/10/06 02:50 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Breakfast: Weetabix with soy milk
Lunch: Brown toasted sandwich with chicken and tomatoes, cup of tea
Dinner: Prawn & Ginger Cakes with Crunchy Salad and small portion of boiled rice
Snacks: 2 lo cal bars, 2 WW Ginger & Lemon Cookies, 1 alpro soy chocolate dessert, crackers, a kiwi

Cals: 1506
BMR: 2356
Activities: 39 (ironing)
So 889 more burned than eaten which is on target, but the quality of food wasn't great in that I snacked a lot on high calorie food that while low or reduced fat was full of sugar.

Oh and I have started taking a Calcium and Vit D supplement too to redress the balance on that one.

All positive, despite lack of exercise

--------------------
S.

Stephie new
      #237063 - 01/10/06 02:57 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Quote:

got on the elliptical for AN HOUR!

Great work Stephie, you are right to be proud Keep it up, but don't exhaust yourself either.

--------------------
S.

Re: REPORTING IN - 1/9/06 new
      #237099 - 01/10/06 07:31 AM
Draupadi

Reged: 07/16/05
Loc: Santa Cruz, California

I was in really bad shape yesterday, but managed to eat quite a bit anyway. Here's what I had:

*oat muffin and tea with soy milk

*avocado and veggie sandwich on flax bread with pita chips and a banana

*3/4 luna bar

*carrot ginger soup, tofu, zuchinni and mushroom stirfry with brown rice.

*one glass red wine (Mistake! Not the best way to ease the pain...)

Hope you all are feeling better than I am! Have a great day!

--------------------
Julia

Re: REPORTING IN - 1/9/06 new
      #237144 - 01/10/06 09:55 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

OK... here is my reporting in......
My BMR = 2083 + I burned 437 calories (15 minutes Treadmill , 50 mintues one on one session with Personal Trainer Heather ) - 730 less calories to get to my goal = 1790 calorie food budget.

Pre-Breakfast: 180 calories Choc Peppermint Stick Luna Bar & Water

Breakfast: 150 calories 1/2 cup Oatmeal & Water

Tea Time: 0 calories 8oz Ginger Tea unsweetened

Snack: 50 calories 4oz Unsweetened Applesauce & Water

Lunch: 355 calories 6oz Tuna w/Light Mayo, 1oz Snyders FF Mini Pretzels, 4oz Unsweetened Applesauce & Water

Before The Gym: 200 calories 12oz Jay Robb Egg White Protein Powder Drink (Chocolate mixed with water) & Water

At The Gym: 14 calories 4 Altoids & Water

Dinner: 448 calories Baked Burrito 10" Flour Tortilla w/6oz Chicken Breast, 2 Tablespoon Hummus, 1 Tablespoon Green Tabasco Sauce, 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper, Butter Pam & Water

Tea Time: 0 calories 8oz Heather's Fennel Tea unsweetened

Fiber Pills: 3 calories total

Total Water intake (goal 128oz) = 88 oz

Total of 1400 .....LOW, should be at least 1800....but still in my food budget

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: roasted garlic hummus new
      #237184 - 01/10/06 10:44 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Thanks, Laurel. I've seen them @ those stores & wondered if they were any good/safe. I will file it on my list of things to try when feeling more adventurous! It would be a great dipper/sauce for carrots, or even a potato/sweet potato topper. Years ago, I used to use it as a dressing/sauce for all kinds of foods. I'm more of a babaganush type, though.

You really have to scrutinize some of those dip labels, though. So many of them are RUINED by unnecessary additions of dairy/msg.

Thanks for the non-smoking encouragement. Honestly, IT IS SO HARD!!! (It literally hurts!!!)But, after the first 3 weeks...I KNOW I can make this habit/lifestyle STICK. I really do think that it takes 21 days to "make" or "break" a habit. So, I've past the 21 day post. I still tell myself that this is the best metaphoric airplane ride that I've ever been on (hey, no smoking on jets, right?) & that real oxygen is more of a buzz. Yes, I take time to mentally program myself everyday. I think the worst coping habit that I have is occaisonal sugarless gum chewing or altoid/tic tac moments! This is probably way to much information, however, butt (!) my bathroom doesn't smell like a European toilet. Hey, after age 30, smoking is just TACKY!!!

And now, when I'm in the company of smokers smoking, especially my father, I just want to vomit, do laundry, etc.
I cannot wait to bathe. My eyes literally burn and my skin feels disgusting. (Okay, I'll stop; I think you get the inner coaching/mental reprogramming effect!) Yes, indeed..."everyday, in everyway, I feel better & better & better & better!!!" I'm down to only wearing the patch for 1/2 day. I know though, for any lifestyle change EXCEPTIONAL mental revisioning is required.

NOW, shut up KATE!!!

By the way, have you ever tried any of the RENEE's dressings in the refridgerated salad dressing area? I LOVE the 2 "Wellness" dressings I've tried so far--"Pom-berry" & "Tuscan Italian." I think I'm going to try the "Fig-Balsalmic" next. The "Ravin Raspberry" vinaigrette is really good & so is "Poppyseed Lite." But seriously, I was really impressed with the "Wellness" ones I've tried, so far. They are available at Sobey's & zehrs/Loblaws. I didn't see them at Food Basics, though & haven't been to Price Chopper in awhile, I confess.

Also (I know spinach is one of your safest foods & you're as much of a turbo-chef as I am!), zapping (microwaving) fresh baby spinach in the bag steams it beyond perfection with no dishes to deal with! I did mine for about 3 min. and it was beyond awesome tossed with spaghetti squash (which I let cook itself ultra-fast in the nuker, too!) For the spinach, I just opened the zipper flap a tad to allow air to channel through--no need for explosives! It works really well on those quick-fix green beans in the bags, as well, incidentally. Just poke the bag & "zap." I've also done it with zucchini I've pre-sliced at the speed of light in the food processor with one of those myriad crazy blade attachments. Lol! Dishes! How barbaric!

Kate.

Edited by Wind (01/10/06 11:14 AM)

Re: Oh, it is SO GOOD! new
      #237259 - 01/10/06 01:44 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Yes, I need to toss out those Wheat Thins. They're not even mine! They're bf's crackers. Really, I need to get some groceries, fresh bread... Mmm, toasted pita!

Let me know when you try the hummus Laurel recommended! I always think I should make my own, but there's less clean-up if I buy it. Plus, Emerald Valley is a local manufacturer of organic foods.

Ashley, how did you make your sweet potato soup... new
      #237320 - 01/10/06 04:03 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I am very limited in what I can eat right now due to some new diagnoses. Sweet potatoes are something I CAN eat (yippee!) If you wouldn't mind posting your recipe I'd be so grateful, thanks *hugs*
Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Shell..the egg white protein you eat... new
      #237322 - 01/10/06 04:05 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

what brand do you get, what store, and do you put a faux milk in with the mix?

I need to get ready for the surgery...so I'm trying to make sure I get enough protein!

Thanks for any tips/advice...it is much appreciated *hugs*

Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Shell..the egg white protein you eat... new
      #237340 - 01/10/06 04:20 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

what brand do you get, what store, and do you put a faux milk in with the mix?

I need to get ready for the surgery...so I'm trying to make sure I get enough protein!

Thanks for any tips/advice...it is much appreciated *hugs*

Ruch

Click on the link... it will take you right to the site. I buy it right off that site. Last time I checked it was not in PCC or Whole Foods. For the first time today I also mixed it in my oatmeal and my applesauce....BUT they both were HOT... don't try to mix in cold food...it will just clump up.

Quote:

Before The Gym: 200 calories 12oz Jay Robb Egg White Protein Powder Drink (Chocolate mixed with water) & Water

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 64 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 13537

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review