All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 1/9/06
      #236876 - 01/09/06 08:40 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 1/9 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 1/9/06 new
      #236997 - 01/09/06 05:28 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Had more fruits and veggies today and soup for lunch. Ahh.
Cals: 1680
Exercise: hard treadmill and sit ups too

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#237000 - 01/09/06 05:36 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

hello hello.. I know I said I'd begin reporting in a few days ago, but of course i've been chicken. mostly due to the fact that i've been eating like a cow as of late, and didn't want to fess up. I figure that the only way i'm gonna learn and change is to bear it all on here "cow-ish" or not. Maybe the embarassment will force me to get serious!

Breakfast: 1c. Corn Pops, 1/2c. Barbaras Shredded Oats

Snack: 2, 2 inch very small pieces of caramel brownie, and 1/2 slice of beer bread (the brownies were UFO to the max, but the teachers lounge always has such yummy treats)

Lunch: Turkey Breast on Sourdough with Lett and Spicy Mustard and a Coke.

Snack: 1c of Trader Joes Buried Treasure (suprisingly very low cals), 1 more tiny piece of brownie.

Dinner: 1/2 cut steamed broccoli, 1 small baked potato, 1/3 of a chicken breast, 3 slices of grilled portabello mushrooms (marinated in lite balsamic), and another can of coke. ugh its my weakness still, and I was exhausted today and can't do coffee.

Snack: small Clementine, blow pop.

Exercise: went to the gym, eliptical 376 calories burned.

--------------------

#237032 - 01/09/06 07:20 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

breakfast: 3 crackers, 1/2 cup granola w/ 1/2 cup vanilla soy milk
lunch: eggwhite sandwich, orange, 3 mint meringues
snack: 1 cup puffed rice w/ 1/2 cup soy milk
dinner: big ol' salad, 2 slices light bread
dessert: 3 mint meringues, 5 junior mints

workout: no tae-bo today either, but I did shovel snow and take down all the christmas decorations, so that's gotta count for something!

#237042 - 01/09/06 07:46 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

FOODS:

-*apple-cinn. oatmeal
-lemon luna bar
-*fennel tea w/acacia
-*sweet potato soup w/1 toast
-half *peach soyogurt
-2nd lemon luna bar
-ginger/orange tea [felt sick]
-seeds of change *tuscan rice/beans [half-CUP]
[will probably have more too!]

OTHER:
-worked/babysat for 8 hours today so good arm work!
-6 psylliums
-about 60 OZ/water

ps--the <*> means organic food!

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

#237043 - 01/09/06 08:00 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Chocolate Peppermint Stick Luna Bar

Crispix
toast

Kix

Emerald Valley Kitchen Organic Kalamata Olive and Roasted Garlic Hummus
Wheat Thins (Again, yuck, but I ate some anyway.)
Whole Soy Co. Strawberry Soy Yogurt Smoothie

Chocolate Peppermint Stick Luna Bar

baked chicken tenderloins
mashed pototaoes
green beans
steamed carrots

peach cobbler
chamomile tea

Edited by SPASMTASTICAL! (01/10/06 01:44 PM)

#237044 - 01/09/06 08:09 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Do you ever have days that have a kind of "mood" or flavour/theme infused throughout?

Cremini mushroom frittata (1 c. egg whites) ***I like food processing the mushrooms kind of like "crumbles" prior to including in frittata***
CHIVES & fresh basil

Eggplant & zucchini (baked)
with fresh basil
on romaine lettuce (crunchy craving!)
with TUSCAN ITALIAN dressing (so yummy!!! This dressing has carrot juice in it & flax/fish oil!!!)

Wilted baby spinach & fresh basil
on a bed of spaghetti squash
with a few kalamata olives (5, I think)
& 5 grape tomatoes
some more of that TUSCAN ITALIAN dressing

Another plate of the above warm salad for dessert a few hours later. Yes, I'm weird.

Neat technique re: wilting fresh baby spinach perfectly.
Just microwave it in the bag. Open the slit, though, so steam gets through. It turns out PERFECT without any need for attention. I suspect that wilted romaine would be awesome, too.

UFO sugarfree gum & coffee.

Basically a lazy wish I were in a warmer, sunnier, sexier European climate.

Kate.

That Hummus sounds good, SPASMATICAL! new
      #237045 - 01/09/06 08:14 PM
Wind

A few kalamatas go a long way for flavour. That hummus sounds good. Maybe I can find something similar in Canada.

Maybe plain rice crackers (they are made with white rice) would work better than those horrible Wheat thins? Water crackers? Toasted pita?

Kate.

REPORTING IN - 1/9/06!!! new
      #237049 - 01/09/06 09:11 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi guys!

I am very proud of myself today - exercise wise, I kicked some butt and here's why : Last night I got MAYBE 2 hours of sleep and was KNACKERED today at work. Adrian and I were supposed to go to the gym together but there was an emergency at his work and he had to stay late and he had school tonight, so we ran out of time. He took the car so I couldn't go by myself BUT I forced myself into my sweats and sports bra and got on the elliptical for AN HOUR! I told myself I only had to do 20 minutes and I could stop, but I just kept setting myself new little goals (time/calorie wise) and eventually just thought, "might as well go an hour" and I did it!
Anyway, very proud of myself for EXERCISE! Food was, erm, not quite as good.

Breakfast: 2 bites of oatmeal/oat bran with soy milk and canned peaches. Only two bites 'cause SOMETHING was off and it was AWFUL! I was so hurried to get to work, that I had to run out without eating anything else!

Snack: Apple Crisp Granola Bar

Lunch: Forgot my lunch!! I had an applesauce cup and an almond granola bar in my purse (which I pretty much always do, hee hee) so I ate that. Oy, not good!

Snack: 2 organic, fat free apple newton thingies.

Snack: 4 periogies with 1 tsp of ICBINB.

Dinner: (Now I may have gone a little overboard at dinner, but I'd had almost no "good" food all day!): 1 grilled chicken breast (marinated in balsamic vinigrette) with mushrooms, 1/2 cup of rice, 1/2 cup of peas and corn(together), 1/2 cup of steamed carrots and asparagus(together).

Dessert: 1/4 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips

Snack: After working out, I had two little grilled strips of chicken.

That brings us to now! Stinky and sweaty and full of about a million litres of water, I feel like a washing machine . Time to get in the shower and hopefully get a NICE LONG sleep tonight!

Cheers ya'll!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Casey new
      #237051 - 01/09/06 09:15 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Quote:

breakfast: 3 crackers, 1/2 cup granola w/ 1/2 cup vanilla soy milk
lunch: eggwhite sandwich, orange, 3 mint meringues
snack: 1 cup puffed rice w/ 1/2 cup soy milk
dinner: big ol' salad, 2 slices light bread
dessert: 3 mint meringues, 5 junior mints
As soon as I read this, I went 'mmmmmm'... I loooove junior mints! Good thing Adrian has our car out at school right now, or I might have a crazy enough chocolate craving to go out and get myself some. Hee hee.

workout: no tae-bo today either, but I did shovel snow and take down all the christmas decorations, so that's gotta count for something!
I think that DEFINITELY counts! My Dad used to do all our snow shovelling, and he'd come in just exhausted! Said it was a major workout, so I'd say you definitely burned some calories. And housecleaning counts too!
Well done, sounds like a good day!
See you tomorrow!
Cheers,
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

roasted garlic hummus new
      #237053 - 01/09/06 09:20 PM
retrograde

Kate, I buy roasted garlic hummus and lots of other fun kinds of hummus all the time I think jalepeno is my favourite but the garlic one is defintely fantastic to. The brand is called Summer Fresh Salads (summerfresh.com); it's a Canadian company and I've seen them at Sobey's and at Price Chopper. Our Compliments (store brand) also makes similar flavoured hummuses too I think.

(ps major kudos to you on your 5+ weeks of not smoking! )

Re: REPORTING IN - 1/9/06!!! new
      #237062 - 01/10/06 02:50 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Breakfast: Weetabix with soy milk
Lunch: Brown toasted sandwich with chicken and tomatoes, cup of tea
Dinner: Prawn & Ginger Cakes with Crunchy Salad and small portion of boiled rice
Snacks: 2 lo cal bars, 2 WW Ginger & Lemon Cookies, 1 alpro soy chocolate dessert, crackers, a kiwi

Cals: 1506
BMR: 2356
Activities: 39 (ironing)
So 889 more burned than eaten which is on target, but the quality of food wasn't great in that I snacked a lot on high calorie food that while low or reduced fat was full of sugar.

Oh and I have started taking a Calcium and Vit D supplement too to redress the balance on that one.

All positive, despite lack of exercise

--------------------
S.

Stephie new
      #237063 - 01/10/06 02:57 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Quote:

got on the elliptical for AN HOUR!

Great work Stephie, you are right to be proud Keep it up, but don't exhaust yourself either.

--------------------
S.

#237099 - 01/10/06 07:31 AM
Draupadi

Reged: 07/16/05
Loc: Santa Cruz, California

I was in really bad shape yesterday, but managed to eat quite a bit anyway. Here's what I had:

*oat muffin and tea with soy milk

*avocado and veggie sandwich on flax bread with pita chips and a banana

*3/4 luna bar

*carrot ginger soup, tofu, zuchinni and mushroom stirfry with brown rice.

*one glass red wine (Mistake! Not the best way to ease the pain...)

Hope you all are feeling better than I am! Have a great day!

--------------------
Julia

#237144 - 01/10/06 09:55 AM
Shell Marr

OK... here is my reporting in......
My BMR = 2083 + I burned 437 calories (15 minutes Treadmill , 50 mintues one on one session with Personal Trainer Heather ) - 730 less calories to get to my goal = 1790 calorie food budget.

Pre-Breakfast: 180 calories Choc Peppermint Stick Luna Bar & Water

Breakfast: 150 calories 1/2 cup Oatmeal & Water

Tea Time: 0 calories 8oz Ginger Tea unsweetened

Snack: 50 calories 4oz Unsweetened Applesauce & Water

Lunch: 355 calories 6oz Tuna w/Light Mayo, 1oz Snyders FF Mini Pretzels, 4oz Unsweetened Applesauce & Water

Before The Gym: 200 calories 12oz Jay Robb Egg White Protein Powder Drink (Chocolate mixed with water) & Water

At The Gym: 14 calories 4 Altoids & Water

Dinner: 448 calories Baked Burrito 10" Flour Tortilla w/6oz Chicken Breast, 2 Tablespoon Hummus, 1 Tablespoon Green Tabasco Sauce, 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper, Butter Pam & Water

Tea Time: 0 calories 8oz Heather's Fennel Tea unsweetened

Fiber Pills: 3 calories total

Total Water intake (goal 128oz) = 88 oz

Total of 1400 .....LOW, should be at least 1800....but still in my food budget

--------------------

Re: roasted garlic hummus new
      #237184 - 01/10/06 10:44 AM
Wind

Thanks, Laurel. I've seen them @ those stores & wondered if they were any good/safe. I will file it on my list of things to try when feeling more adventurous! It would be a great dipper/sauce for carrots, or even a potato/sweet potato topper. Years ago, I used to use it as a dressing/sauce for all kinds of foods. I'm more of a babaganush type, though.

You really have to scrutinize some of those dip labels, though. So many of them are RUINED by unnecessary additions of dairy/msg.

Thanks for the non-smoking encouragement. Honestly, IT IS SO HARD!!! (It literally hurts!!!)But, after the first 3 weeks...I KNOW I can make this habit/lifestyle STICK. I really do think that it takes 21 days to "make" or "break" a habit. So, I've past the 21 day post. I still tell myself that this is the best metaphoric airplane ride that I've ever been on (hey, no smoking on jets, right?) & that real oxygen is more of a buzz. Yes, I take time to mentally program myself everyday. I think the worst coping habit that I have is occaisonal sugarless gum chewing or altoid/tic tac moments! This is probably way to much information, however, butt (!) my bathroom doesn't smell like a European toilet. Hey, after age 30, smoking is just TACKY!!!

And now, when I'm in the company of smokers smoking, especially my father, I just want to vomit, do laundry, etc.
I cannot wait to bathe. My eyes literally burn and my skin feels disgusting. (Okay, I'll stop; I think you get the inner coaching/mental reprogramming effect!) Yes, indeed..."everyday, in everyway, I feel better & better & better & better!!!" I'm down to only wearing the patch for 1/2 day. I know though, for any lifestyle change EXCEPTIONAL mental revisioning is required.

NOW, shut up KATE!!!

By the way, have you ever tried any of the RENEE's dressings in the refridgerated salad dressing area? I LOVE the 2 "Wellness" dressings I've tried so far--"Pom-berry" & "Tuscan Italian." I think I'm going to try the "Fig-Balsalmic" next. The "Ravin Raspberry" vinaigrette is really good & so is "Poppyseed Lite." But seriously, I was really impressed with the "Wellness" ones I've tried, so far. They are available at Sobey's & zehrs/Loblaws. I didn't see them at Food Basics, though & haven't been to Price Chopper in awhile, I confess.

Also (I know spinach is one of your safest foods & you're as much of a turbo-chef as I am!), zapping (microwaving) fresh baby spinach in the bag steams it beyond perfection with no dishes to deal with! I did mine for about 3 min. and it was beyond awesome tossed with spaghetti squash (which I let cook itself ultra-fast in the nuker, too!) For the spinach, I just opened the zipper flap a tad to allow air to channel through--no need for explosives! It works really well on those quick-fix green beans in the bags, as well, incidentally. Just poke the bag & "zap." I've also done it with zucchini I've pre-sliced at the speed of light in the food processor with one of those myriad crazy blade attachments. Lol! Dishes! How barbaric!

Kate.

Edited by Wind (01/10/06 11:14 AM)

Re: Oh, it is SO GOOD! new
      #237259 - 01/10/06 01:44 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Yes, I need to toss out those Wheat Thins. They're not even mine! They're bf's crackers. Really, I need to get some groceries, fresh bread... Mmm, toasted pita!

Let me know when you try the hummus Laurel recommended! I always think I should make my own, but there's less clean-up if I buy it. Plus, Emerald Valley is a local manufacturer of organic foods.

Ashley, how did you make your sweet potato soup... new
      #237320 - 01/10/06 04:03 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I am very limited in what I can eat right now due to some new diagnoses. Sweet potatoes are something I CAN eat (yippee!) If you wouldn't mind posting your recipe I'd be so grateful, thanks *hugs*
Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Shell..the egg white protein you eat... new
      #237322 - 01/10/06 04:05 PM
Snow for Sarala

what brand do you get, what store, and do you put a faux milk in with the mix?

I need to get ready for the surgery...so I'm trying to make sure I get enough protein!

Thanks for any tips/advice...it is much appreciated *hugs*

Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Shell..the egg white protein you eat... new
      #237340 - 01/10/06 04:20 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

what brand do you get, what store, and do you put a faux milk in with the mix?

I need to get ready for the surgery...so I'm trying to make sure I get enough protein!

Thanks for any tips/advice...it is much appreciated *hugs*

Ruch

Click on the link... it will take you right to the site. I buy it right off that site. Last time I checked it was not in PCC or Whole Foods. For the first time today I also mixed it in my oatmeal and my applesauce....BUT they both were HOT... don't try to mix in cold food...it will just clump up.

Quote:

Before The Gym: 200 calories 12oz Jay Robb Egg White Protein Powder Drink (Chocolate mixed with water) & Water

--------------------

Re: Shell..the egg white protein you eat... new
      #237360 - 01/10/06 04:40 PM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

i actually bought the same brand at whole foods a few months ago.

i don't know if this is personal taste or what, though - i know shell has the chocolate flavor - but i have the vanilla and i find it kinda pretty gross. but it comes in single-serve packets to try.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

Thanks Ladies!!! new
      #237364 - 01/10/06 04:46 PM
Snow for Sarala

Well...I think I'm gonna have to skip it cause I can't find a Kosher symblol on it on their website (unless I see it at Whole Foods and find one of the back of the product label...thanks Jaime!)

Well...I would have to do the vanilla one! And I would have to mix it in water. It's not sounding very appealing...

I was hoping to find some way to get protein that would fit my dietary needs...maybe I'l give a packet a try and see how it goes...but I don't think I would spend all the money on the big tub!

Thank you again for your help and opinions...you're great!

Love ya!

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Thanks Ladies!!! new
      #237403 - 01/10/06 07:08 PM
jaime g

ruchie, if you absolutely can't find it, let me know - i work three blocks from whole foods. i can buy a sample packet (checking for the kashrut symbol - they taught me good in hebrew day school!) and mail it to you.

--------------------
jaime

#237529 - 01/11/06 08:16 AM
Snow for Sarala

Jaime!

That was SO sweet of you! *hugs*

Do you go there to buy food for yourself anyway? If you could check for a Heksher (Kosher Symbol) and see if it's Kosher that would be super! (I'm upping my bipolar meds tom. so I'll be too zonked to drive safely for a few days.)

Thanks Jaime!

P.S. they taught you Kashrus symbols at Hebrew School? WOW! You went to a good one!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#237538 - 01/11/06 08:23 AM
jaime g

i went to a hebrew day school (not a sunday school) for six years, so i'm pretty well-versed. when i was twelve i could speak some good hebrew, too. (it's weird - i'm becoming friends lately with someone who's more religious than anyone i'm regularly around, and he's bringing back all these memories from elementary school, too.)

i just realized i have the vanilla egg white powder in my fridge at home (duh!) so i can just check it tonight.

--------------------
jaime

#237557 - 01/11/06 09:03 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Emerald Valley Kitchen Organic Roasted Garlic Hummus

This is the kind I just finished off too! YUMMERS!!

--------------------

Kate new
      #237798 - 01/11/06 08:40 PM
retrograde

Quote:

Thanks, Laurel. I've seen them @ those stores & wondered if they were any good/safe. I will file it on my list of things to try when feeling more adventurous! It would be a great dipper/sauce for carrots, or even a potato/sweet potato topper. Years ago, I used to use it as a dressing/sauce for all kinds of foods. I'm more of a babaganush type, though.

You really have to scrutinize some of those dip labels, though. So many of them are RUINED by unnecessary additions of dairy/msg.

Ugh, I know! What is with that? I hate finding a really yummy looking dip only to find that they've ruined it by adding some dairy derivative or msg...sigh.

Thanks for the non-smoking encouragement. Honestly, IT IS SO HARD!!! (It literally hurts!!!)But, after the first 3 weeks...I KNOW I can make this habit/lifestyle STICK. I really do think that it takes 21 days to "make" or "break" a habit. So, I've past the 21 day post. I still tell myself that this is the best metaphoric airplane ride that I've ever been on (hey, no smoking on jets, right?) & that real oxygen is more of a buzz. Yes, I take time to mentally program myself everyday. I think the worst coping habit that I have is occaisonal sugarless gum chewing or altoid/tic tac moments! This is probably way to much information, however, butt (!) my bathroom doesn't smell like a European toilet. Hey, after age 30, smoking is just TACKY!!!

Haha, Kate you crack me up. I love the 'jet' metaphor! I've heard that too about the 21 days to make a habit stick... so it looks like you're gold! I've been trying to make the habit of keeping my apartment clean 'stick', but so far I haven't even come near 21 days... ... haha. Really though, GO KATE GO!

And now, when I'm in the company of smokers smoking, especially my father, I just want to vomit, do laundry, etc.
I cannot wait to bathe. My eyes literally burn and my skin feels disgusting. (Okay, I'll stop; I think you get the inner coaching/mental reprogramming effect!) Yes, indeed..."everyday, in everyway, I feel better & better & better & better!!!" I'm down to only wearing the patch for 1/2 day. I know though, for any lifestyle change EXCEPTIONAL mental revisioning is required.

NOW, shut up KATE!!!

LOL!!

By the way, have you ever tried any of the RENEE's dressings in the refridgerated salad dressing area? I LOVE the 2 "Wellness" dressings I've tried so far--"Pom-berry" & "Tuscan Italian." I think I'm going to try the "Fig-Balsalmic" next. The "Ravin Raspberry" vinaigrette is really good & so is "Poppyseed Lite." But seriously, I was really impressed with the "Wellness" ones I've tried, so far. They are available at Sobey's & zehrs/Loblaws. I didn't see them at Food Basics, though & haven't been to Price Chopper in awhile, I confess.

Oooh these sound good! I haven't seen them around but I haven't been to Sobey's since I got back to London. I usually go to Price Chopper (just because it's cheaper) but there's also an A&P nearby so next time I'm there I'll keep an eye out! Are they low-fat?

Also (I know spinach is one of your safest foods & you're as much of a turbo-chef as I am!), zapping (microwaving) fresh baby spinach in the bag steams it beyond perfection with no dishes to deal with! I did mine for about 3 min. and it was beyond awesome tossed with spaghetti squash (which I let cook itself ultra-fast in the nuker, too!) For the spinach, I just opened the zipper flap a tad to allow air to channel through--no need for explosives! It works really well on those quick-fix green beans in the bags, as well, incidentally. Just poke the bag & "zap." I've also done it with zucchini I've pre-sliced at the speed of light in the food processor with one of those myriad crazy blade attachments. Lol! Dishes! How barbaric!

hmm that's a good idea! I guess it wouldn't be long enough for the bag to melt right? Sadly my spinach comes unbagged so I just bag it in those flimsy grocery store bags, which I wouldn't trust in the microwave for a second. Yikes! But I DO like the idea of no dishes! I actually made a yummy spinachy pesto for lunch today, but instead of using garlic and basil like I usually do, I got adventurous and used a bunch of ginger and and cinnamon! I was a little nervous as to how it would turn out, but it was GOOD! Yay for experimentation.

Oh, and on the puree-ing front - I got a fun chopper/grinder kitchen gadget for xmas! It's kind of like a mini, low-tech food processor I guess, but I just love it. It's so easy to use and to clean up - much better than my old blender!

I ALSO got a breadmaker. Confession: my breadmaker is my new boyfriend. LOL. Seriously though, it has this delay function where you can put all the ingredients in and tell it to start up to 9 hours from them, so this morning I woke up to the aroma of fresh baking bread and had warm, freshly baked bread for breakfast. Talk about divine!

Nice toys, Laurel (& a link) new
      #238007 - 01/12/06 12:48 PM
Wind

Wow, nice new toys, Laurel! You sure scored with Santa! What did you do? Leave him some of Heather's Brown Sugar Banana Bread with a mug of Soy Milk?

Re: the spinach in the microwave. Maybe if you rinse it & then put it in a zip lock with an air gap? I agree re: the produce bags being to thin/untrustworthy. Stovetop wilting is really speedy, too. You're ginger/cinnamon pesto sounds positively scrumptuous. I'm addicted to an organic dijon with cinnamon in it. Maybe a twist of dijon?

Here's a link for the Wellness dressings. Some of them are lowfat. Others have 7 or 8 grams, which I personally experience as RISKY in a meal. www.wellnessdressing.com/

I LOVE the POM-BERRY the best, so far. I'm going to try the BALSALMIC-FIG, next. Both are fabulous splashed on greens/spinach!!! I also really like the RAVIN' RASPBERRY dressing which has 1g of fat/tbsp.

Another quick dressing flavour-fix I love is NEWMAN'S OWN LOWFAT SESAME THAI dressing. It has 1.5g of fat/2 tbsp. so quite safe! I bet it would be delicious with tofu & veggies, rice, etc. It's great with spinach, too!

So, about you mentioning that your new breadmachine is your new boyfriend...does that mean Andrew vanished???

Kate.

Re: Nice toys, Laurel (& a link) new
      #238077 - 01/12/06 04:39 PM
retrograde

Quote:

Wow, nice new toys, Laurel! You sure scored with Santa! What did you do? Leave him some of Heather's Brown Sugar Banana Bread with a mug of Soy Milk?

Yep, exactly! haha

Re: the spinach in the microwave. Maybe if you rinse it & then put it in a zip lock with an air gap? I agree re: the produce bags being to thin/untrustworthy. Stovetop wilting is really speedy, too. You're ginger/cinnamon pesto sounds positively scrumptuous. I'm addicted to an organic dijon with cinnamon in it. Maybe a twist of dijon?

duh... ziploc! Yeah I'm sure that would work! I've got lots of those big freezer ones lying around. And the dijon sounds goooood. I'm definitely going to try that.

Here's a link for the Wellness dressings. Some of them are lowfat. Others have 7 or 8 grams, which I personally experience as RISKY in a meal. www.wellnessdressing.com/

I LOVE the POM-BERRY the best, so far. I'm going to try the BALSALMIC-FIG, next. Both are fabulous splashed on greens/spinach!!! I also really like the RAVIN' RASPBERRY dressing which has 1g of fat/tbsp.

Those look great! Pom Berry looks yummy. Tuscan Italian looks interesting too. I don't think I've seen them before but the Renee's logo does look familiar...

Another quick dressing flavour-fix I love is NEWMAN'S OWN LOWFAT SESAME THAI dressing. It has 1.5g of fat/2 tbsp. so quite safe! I bet it would be delicious with tofu & veggies, rice, etc. It's great with spinach, too!

So, about you mentioning that your new breadmachine is your new boyfriend...does that mean Andrew vanished???

Nah... he's just taking second fiddle for a little while! haha! kidding

Laurel, you are a genius &-- new
      #238081 - 01/12/06 05:03 PM
Wind

Laurel, you are a genius.

Based on one of your recent menu posts, I did a little quick food processor experimentation with egg whites. I put the cooked omelette fixings in the processor & OMIGOD!!! This tastes positively decandant in the most bizarre way. I just cannot describe it! I felt like I was eating dip or a savory pie filling, and it was just egg whites (cooked) & veggies (a very psychedelic egg salad???). I just cannot get over how fatfree & "rich" this was! I'm converted. Must try this with grilled/broiled zucchini & herbs, soon! Have you ever pulverized mushrooms via food processor? I do this virtually all the time & trust me, it's like eating vegan sausage or ground beef. It is the most decadantly savory filling for egg white creations & I suspect vegan perogies too. With some lowfat soft tofu...OMIGOD! The possibilities are very interesting.

Anyways, I thought I'd say thank you for the food processed egg white idea.

And the TUSCAN ITALIAN is the best Italian I've ever tried--way better than that Kraft crap! I think that the carrot juice makes it very unique (& you wouldn't know that there's flax or fish oils in it!).

Whew! I'm glad Andrew is still in the picture! (Just checking)

Kate.

Aw, shucks! -- new
      #238255 - 01/13/06 10:46 AM
retrograde

hehe thanks Kate! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

I've been really getting more and more into mushrooms lately actually since you've been talking about them so much. No, I haven't tried pureeing them! I was going to do that today but my stomach's been a little angry with me all day so far so I think I'm going to take it a little easy today... but I will definitely try that tomorrow since I have a bunch of mushrooms in my fridge right now!

Vegan perogies.... mmm imagine the possibilities!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 101 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 13537

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review