All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 1/8/06
      #236599 - 01/07/06 11:23 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 1/8 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Michelle, about chicken... new
      #236672 - 01/08/06 12:43 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Honestly, I thought I'd share a note just in case you get the courage to try a little bit of chicken breast. I know you're craving "meat."

I find it MUCH EASIER to tummy ultra-safely than the egg whites. I keep it very plain/simple, i.e. just boiled & shaved. The broth, is pretty good, too...restorative.

How are you doing, today?
Kate.

Re: Michelle, about chicken... new
      #236705 - 01/08/06 02:29 PM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

Hey, Kate!

I haven't tried it (the chicken) yet, but I will as soon as I go get some from the store!! I don't have ANY meat in this house, anywhere!! LOL!!

I don't tolerate the egg-whites very well either. I still eat them occasionally, but I cannot handle too many in one week or I will have a BLOAT ATTACK, Big Time!!

I'm really glad to hear you're able to eat salads!! Wow, that's awesome!! A raw salad would send me straight to the bathroom!!! You're getting better and better not smoking and taking Nexium!! Congrats!!

I am well, today. No stomach ache and no attack, yet, so far!! Went out with the hubby to Starbucks ( I didn't have anything to drink there!) and got some movies. We were in the car, together, for the first time since my colonoscopy in November and I was good to go. I didn't freak out or anything. I did very well on our car ride together. I actually felt "BETTER" having him there with me and that's very unusual for me. I usually want to be alone when I'm unstable. I think I am stabilizing, though........Very FREAKIN' Slowly, but I'm getting there.

Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Sunday report new
      #236715 - 01/08/06 03:08 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Breakfast: weetabix
Snacks: some wine gums, rice krispie square,pear, half cantaloupe melon
Lunch: toasted tuna sandwich with cucumber and balsamic dressing
Dinner: Chicken and vegetable stir fry, brown rice

Calories: 1882
Exercise: 240
BMR: 2253 Argh I have been doing my sums wrong the last few days, I've been counting BMR + exercise as BMR so I have been double crediting myself, so to speak, for exercise, going to recalculate everything now

Results: 611 more calories burned than eaten so within weight loss range and on target

--------------------
S.

Edited by cailin (01/09/06 01:53 AM)

Re: REPORTING IN - 1/8/06 new
      #236731 - 01/08/06 04:14 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

BF= very small white potato with a bit of butter (couldn't finish it )

Lunch= a small handful of cashews (I'm thinking it is not a safe food for me...will try once more)

Snack= about 20 of the child-size arrowroot crackers. I did NOT realize they were whole wheat. Pain is coming back.

Dinner= Not sure yet. Perhaps some bakes fries no seasoning or eggs or something. Losing hope with food. It's discouraging for now. Perhaps buy some flowers tom. if I have energy to go to the store. I need a pick me up (and food isn't it! )

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#236802 - 01/08/06 08:15 PM
Wind

1/2 c. chicken breast
spaghetti squash

Asparagus soup (topped with CHIVES)
Mixed greens (with really yummy POM-BERRY dressing, 2g fat/2 Tbsp. serving)
Portabella mushroom & Fennel (anise) topping

Veg. soup (2 bowls) ***a beta-blaster!***
Romaine salad (Poppyseed Lite dressing & extra dijon!--yah, I needed some opiates & extra bite, eh!)
Topped with grilled yellow & green zucchini & Matchstick carrots
& 1/3 c. grated chicken breast

Tic Tacs
Cinnamon Altoids

Went to my Dad's birthday dinner, but didn't bother eating as I was too satisfied from previous feeds (yes, deliberately!). Found some funky safe dressings to add pizzaz to my food. Maybe hanging out with stinky smoker dad gave me extra need to anti-oxidize, lol! Hey, my eyes were burning, what can I say!

Liquids: 2 really really big coffees
At least 1.5 L Honeybush Rooibos
500 ml. Camomile Tea
2 L Peppermint Tea
Flat diet Gingerale
Water, but not that much today.

Kate.

#236808 - 01/08/06 08:54 PM
Shell Marr

OK... here is my reporting in......

My BMR = 2083 + I burned 681 calories (Day off from the gym...90 mintues house cleaning, 3 loads dishes by hand, dusting, moping, folding 4 loads of clothes) - 730 less calories to get to my goal = 2034 calorie food budget.

Pre-Breakfast: 180 calories Nutz Over Choc Luna Bar & Water

Breakfast: 100 calories 6oz Jay Robb Egg White Protein Powder Drink (Chocolate mixed with water) & Water

Tea Time: 0 calories 8oz Ginger Tea unsweetened

Snack: 80 calories 4oz Cinnamon Applesauce & Water

Snack: 180 calories Choc Peppermint Stick Luna Bar & Water

Snack: 80 calories 4oz Cinnamon Applesauce & Water

Lunch: 355 calories 6oz Tuna w/Light Mayo, 1oz Snyders FF Mini Pretzels, 4oz Unsweetened Applesauce & Water

Snack: 180 calories Choc Peppermint Stick Luna Bar & Water

Dinner: 484 calories Baked Burrito 10" Flour Tortilla w/6oz Chicken Breast, 1-1/2 Tablespoon Pureed Avocado, 2 Tablespoon Roasted Garlic Hummus, 1 Tablespoon Green Tabasco Sauce, 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper, Butter Pam & Water

Tea Time: 0 calories 8oz Heather's Fennel Tea unsweetened

Fiber Pills: 3 calories total

Total Water intake (goal 128oz) = 72 oz

Total of 1642 .....not as low but, should be at lest 1800....in my food budget

--------------------

REPORTING IN - 1/8/06 (And 2 days I missed!) new
      #236814 - 01/08/06 10:24 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi guys,

So Adrian has been taking our labtop to work with him, so I haven't had the computer as often as I would like and have been super busy once he does get home so I haven't been reporting in but I am still here!

So one of the days I got to the working out, but one I didn't so not too shabby
Food wise, I am having such a hard time eating enough fruits and veggies as I react to EVERYTHING. I have not been overeating, but have had more processed stuff than I would like.

On to today...

Breakfast: Oatmeal/oat bran without soy milk as I am all out at the moment. Had this with some canned peaches.

Snack: Strawberry blended lemonade drink

Lunch: None, got really busy as it was Adrian's birthday and I was making food for dinner and time got away from me.

Dinner: Broiled salmon, mixed rice (brown, white and wild) with spices, broiled carrots, one white roll with ICBINB.

Dessert: Small piece of a cake that I made, a raspberry crumble cake, that was NOT IBS SAFE. Gingerale

Before bedtime: Immodium and some cammomile tea to try and conteract any ill effects from dessert.

Gonna try to get back on track tomorrow, but already am worried as lunch isn't looking like I have much in the fridge to make it with, whoops!
Also, switching shifts tomorrow so I am working earlier days so that may help me get home to make dinners and things.

Hope everyone else is doing well, will check in and have a look at everyone else's progress tomorrow.

Cheers,
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#236818 - 01/08/06 11:20 PM
Draupadi

Reged: 07/16/05
Loc: Santa Cruz, California

I feel like I've been eating so many sweets lately...I need to break my late night dessert habit!
Here's how today went:

*small organic banana, tea w/ soymilk

*whole wheat pancakes with fresh fruit compote

*1/2 sourdough dinner roll, couple bites calamari, chargrilled prawns and grilled veggies with salad

*butter pecan Soy Dream

Last night was my housemate's birthday, and we had a huge party at our house...I tried to be good, but ended up eating a bunch of peanut butter on rice crackers and a big piece of chocolate cake right before bed! Oh well, at least I'm getting all my calories in!

Good night!

--------------------
Julia

#236841 - 01/09/06 06:36 AM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

Mini Bagel topped with mashed potatoes

Oven Fries
sip of rice milk
bite of luna bar

Mashed Potato Burrito
Beets

Oven Fries
Bite of soy yogurt

Mashed Potato Burrito w/Spinach tortilla (good stuff!)

Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

#236908 - 01/09/06 11:50 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Luna Bar

Crispix
toast

cinnamon oatmeal
strawberry soy yogurt smoothie
chamomile tea

hummus
Wheat Thins (yuck)

grilled chicken breasts
UFO side
chamomile tea

Luna Bar

Kix

Re: Wind new
      #236909 - 01/09/06 11:56 AM
lalala

Your meals just keep sounding tastier!

Re: Wind new
      #236946 - 01/09/06 02:22 PM
Wind

(hehe) Oh, they sure ARE alot tastier!!! More texture, different flavours, colour...

And, well...not smoking for 5 months really wakes up the palate.

I bought a few safe-looking/sounding new dressings to try & so far, so good--Renee's Gourmet is the company. The POM-BERRY is one of the Wellness dressings (you wouldn't know that there is flax & fish oil in it, as well as pomegranate juice & blueberry!) I tried the TUSCAN ITALIAN at lunch today--20 calories, 1.5 g fat/2 tbsp. OUTSTANDING on zucchini, eggplant, a little romaine for crunch. (It has carrot juice in it, as well as flax & fish oil)

www.wellnessdressing.com/ is a site with the details.

I picked up Renee's Ravin Raspberry to try--1 g fat/Tbsp. and Poppyseed Lite. I loved the Poppyseed Lite, yesterday!
It has 4g/fat per Tbsp., but scantly used & with fiber the levels are still low. I guess it's akin the the amount of fat in a glass of most soymilks. Actually, cutting it with a good dijon & a little balsalmic was really really yummy.
I suspect that The Raspberry will be most flavour enhancing.

I am craving a little bit of healthy fat, so...I'm experimenting with modest quantities, keeping the levels in my diet still less than 20 percent.

But yes, food is much yummier.

Kate.

Re: Yum! new
      #236950 - 01/09/06 02:30 PM
lalala

Thanks for the link! I don't know if something similar is available in the U.S., but the Lemon Garlic salad dressing sounds like it was made for me.

Edited by SPASMTASTICAL! (01/09/06 03:11 PM)

Re: REPORTING IN - 1/8/06 (And 2 days I missed!) new
      #236976 - 01/09/06 04:42 PM
Shell Marr

It's a new day sweetie.... hope all is well... give Adrian a belated spanking from me...hehehe

Quote:

Hi guys,

So Adrian has been taking our labtop to work with him, so I haven't had the computer as often as I would like and have been super busy once he does get home so I haven't been reporting in but I am still here!

So one of the days I got to the working out, but one I didn't so not too shabby
Food wise, I am having such a hard time eating enough fruits and veggies as I react to EVERYTHING. I have not been overeating, but have had more processed stuff than I would like.

On to today...

Breakfast: Oatmeal/oat bran without soy milk as I am all out at the moment. Had this with some canned peaches.

Snack: Strawberry blended lemonade drink

Lunch: None, got really busy as it was Adrian's birthday and I was making food for dinner and time got away from me.

Dinner: Broiled salmon, mixed rice (brown, white and wild) with spices, broiled carrots, one white roll with ICBINB.

Dessert: Small piece of a cake that I made, a raspberry crumble cake, that was NOT IBS SAFE. Gingerale

Before bedtime: Immodium and some cammomile tea to try and conteract any ill effects from dessert.

Gonna try to get back on track tomorrow, but already am worried as lunch isn't looking like I have much in the fridge to make it with, whoops!
Also, switching shifts tomorrow so I am working earlier days so that may help me get home to make dinners and things.

Hope everyone else is doing well, will check in and have a look at everyone else's progress tomorrow.

Cheers,
--Steph

--------------------

#236979 - 01/09/06 04:44 PM
Shell Marr

LOL Julia .... that sure IS one way to get your calories in (wonder if that line would work with my personal trainer?)

Quote:

I feel like I've been eating so many sweets lately...I need to break my late night dessert habit!
Here's how today went:

*small organic banana, tea w/ soymilk

*whole wheat pancakes with fresh fruit compote

*1/2 sourdough dinner roll, couple bites calamari, chargrilled prawns and grilled veggies with salad

*butter pecan Soy Dream

Last night was my housemate's birthday, and we had a huge party at our house...I tried to be good, but ended up eating a bunch of peanut butter on rice crackers and a big piece of chocolate cake right before bed! Oh well, at least I'm getting all my calories in!

Good night!

--------------------

#236995 - 01/09/06 05:26 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

This is what I ate on this sad day:
rice and milk
luna
banana
clementine
licorice
another luna
plain penne pasta
1 peice chocolate
real rice pudding
Pathetic!
cals: about 1620
no exercise (worked 3:30 to 9:30)

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 61 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6752

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review