Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Casey - Tae Boxing Video
      #236128 - 01/05/06 10:03 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi Casey,
I was looking through some of my old workout videos (of which I have a ton, if you are interested let me know and I can tell you what else I've got here) and found a Tae Boxing one and I thought maybe you might want it?
I have to admit, I have tried it a couple of times and I didn't enjoy it. I found it kinda rushed... Like, I would see what he was trying, be able to do it for like a second and all of a sudden he was doing something else.

Anyway, I dunno if you already have this one... It is a CRUNCH video, starring Billy Blanks.
Called: Tae Boxing Workouts: Kickology and Tae Boxing Jam.

If you want it, let me know and I can send it to you.

Cheers,
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Cool! new
      #236147 - 01/06/06 04:59 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I'd be interested in it, sure! Do you want anything for it?

His workout videos are kind of rushed - that's kind of the point, I guess, I think that part of why it works is because it's so fast. In the actual Tae Bo series, they give you a "warning" at first that you need to master the "Instructional" tape - which isn't rushed at all - before you move on to the real workouts. That probably would have helped you a lot, if you're still interested in giving it a try. I know I would have been COMPLETELY lost and overwhelmed if I hadn't done that one a few times first.

Re: Cool! new
      #236313 - 01/06/06 12:20 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Quote:

I'd be interested in it, sure! Do you want anything for it?
No, no... I'll just send it to you. It is just gathering dust here!
His workout videos are kind of rushed - that's kind of the point, I guess, I think that part of why it works is because it's so fast. In the actual Tae Bo series, they give you a "warning" at first that you need to master the "Instructional" tape - which isn't rushed at all - before you move on to the real workouts. That probably would have helped you a lot, if you're still interested in giving it a try. I know I would have been COMPLETELY lost and overwhelmed if I hadn't done that one a few times first.
Well, that could be it then! Hopefully you'll have more luck with it than I did!
If you want to eMail me your address at Valerie_Skye@hotmail.com, I will send it out to you over the weekend if I can get to the post office.
Cheers!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Instructional tape? new
      #238757 - 01/15/06 08:50 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I know this thread is from a couple of weeks ago already....but I hope you don't mind if I get in here?

Casey....I'm searching for the instructional video (I even checked the link you sent me in another theread) and i don't know the name of it? Is there or name or does it actually say "Instructional" in the title? I DID ask my therapist and she thought this would be GREAT for my self esteem (tho she was a bit concerned about my fibro acting up so we'll see how the 1st video goes...)! So I'm excited to try it out!

Thanks in advacne for your help!! *hugs*

Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Hey Ruchie! new
      #238759 - 01/15/06 08:59 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Silly... of COURSE you're not butting in!

The tricky part is that all the tapes say "Tae Bo", and what part of the program they are is kind of in fine print. Here is a picture of the cover of the tape - see how it says "Instructional" right below Tae Bo? That's what you're looking for. I'll warn you, though - although this picture shows the case as having red details, the box on mine is dark blue. So don't go by the colors!

And by the way, I just found that image doing a search for "tae bo instructional". Use that if you decide to buy it from somewhere like Amazon, where you'll be searching for it online, and you're almost sure to come up with the right one.

Hope that helps!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 91 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2538

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review