All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Michelle, hang in there new
      #236251 - 01/06/06 10:23 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

You're still losing weight because you're not eating *nearly* enough. But I'm assuming that's because you're still unstable... so don't worry *too* much, it will happen as you stabilize. At my most unstable, I backslid to 100lbs, which is about 30-40lbs underweight for me! But yeah, I gained it all back and then some. Try to focus on feeling better for now, and avoid the scale if you can.

On the other hand, if it really worries you, concentrate more on higher-calorie foods. Put sugar in your tea. Eat more oven fries. (Potatoes made me gain bigtime.) Try some angel food cake, which is sugary but still light on the tummy.

*hugs*

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 1/5/06 new
      #236252 - 01/06/06 10:26 AM
atomic rose

Man, that burrito sounds GOOD! I might have to try that this weekend.

Good job, as always! You are the workout QUEEN!

Re: REPORTING IN - 1/5/06 new
      #236278 - 01/06/06 11:26 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

Man, that burrito sounds GOOD! I might have to try that this weekend.

Good job, as always! You are the workout QUEEN!

Thanks Casey.... *note: I don't mix the hummus & avoc IN the buritto... I just dip my fork in a little before poking at the cut up peices...hehehe I'm sure it would be good inside too... I just like the hummus & avoc cold.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: Michelle, hang in there new
      #236280 - 01/06/06 11:33 AM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

Hey Casey!

I can't eat sugar!! That's the OOOOONY reason why I am not gaining more weight!! I keep trying to put sugar in my tea and eating angel food cake and all that and it really UPSETS my GERD!! Everytime I put sugar in my tea, I get bad heartburn....then the stomach ache.......then the D attack!!

I think the Potatoes are really helping alot, so I will take your advice and eat a couple more portions of the oven fries everyday. I do seem to really wholf those down!!!

Thanks for the help!
*HUGS*~
Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Re: Michelle new
      #236282 - 01/06/06 11:37 AM
anlikerm

Thanks, Maria!! Wow, you are skinny!! I'm only 5'2"....so, 120 kind of makes me look "chunky" but I don't care. I probably need to stay around 115 lbs to not look fat, but I want the weight back on me. Unlike everyone else...I feel BETTER when I'm heavier. Everyone else says they feel horrible when they're overweight but I feel worse when I'm this skinny. I don't ever remember a time when I felt good at this weight.
Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Re: re: Hey, Kate! new
      #236287 - 01/06/06 11:43 AM
anlikerm

Thanks, hon! I really appreciate the support!

Yea, I think I need to stay away from the tuna!! Everyone else was eating it and made me crave it!! You're right...I'm craving protein BIG TIME!!!

I guess I could try shaving some chicken in my burritos and see how that goes before trying the tuna again!!! I didn't even think about the chicken being "slightly" more alkalizing than fish. Why didn't I even think about that?! I guess I didn't care.... I just wanted tuna! LOL!!

Feelin' pretty good today! Gonna go do some grocery shopping! I don't have a problem going out anymore.... I never thought I would say that, ever in my life!! My reflux is under control for the most part and I don't freak out everytime I leave the house!!! It's awesome! I still have my days where I feel VERY "IFFY" and kinda wonder if I should stay home.....but that doesn't happen everyday like it used to!!!

*HUGS*!
Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Ya know, I had that problem... kinda new
      #236353 - 01/06/06 02:45 PM
atomic rose

I don't know if the sugar problem is a new thing, or something you've always experienced with GERD, because I don't have GERD to compare notes... but anyway, when I was really unstable, I couldn't eat sugar! More than just the tiniest bit in my cream of rice cereal would give me wicked D. I avoided it for a long time.

The oven fries, though, will help. I found that I could really wolf those down, too - even when nothing else was sitting good, I'd make up like 3 potatoes' worth of fries and before I knew it, they'd be gone! Addictive little buggers. LOL I'm sure they alone are responsible for a good bit of the weight I put back on.

Good luck!

Re: Ya know, I had that problem... kinda new
      #236378 - 01/06/06 04:40 PM
anlikerm

That's wild that you couldn't have sugar, too!!! I don't understand it and I DON'T LIKE IT!! I love sugar!! My teeth sure are happy that I can't tolerate it, though!!!

I have always tolerated sugar just fine, until I got the GERD. So, I guess it's that. Well, when I was really unstable in 2003, I couldn't eat sugar, either. So, maybe it's the combo of my GERD AND IBS that is keeping me from tolerating it. I'm not sure. I keep trying, though!! I cannot seem to avoid it completely!!!

I just ate another 2 potatoes worth of fries!! LOL!!!

So, that's 5 potatoes worth of fries, today! Wow.....one of these days these potatoes will put the weight back on me, for sure! They are definitely addictive!!

Thanks, Casey!
*HUGS*
Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

#236390 - 01/06/06 05:33 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

It sounds like there is progress! The only way I was able to gain back enough weight to be healthy was via the nasal feed tube. Honestly, THAT'S how hard it was. And truly, I'm struggling to keep every ounce on. I know precisely what you mean re: sugar as a GERD trigger. I find gluten a huge trigger too. Hey, it's so bad that I can't even brave a bowl of cereal anymore! NO JOKE! If my M.D. had her way, I would be drinking mostly Gatorade.

Also, I know that eating more or less the same thing everyday also limits weight gain. Yet, it's better/safer to stick with the tried/tested & safe versus experiencing excruciating pain/discomfort.

It sounds like potatoes are your saving food at the moment, so...become a spud gourmet. Eggs (whites) are listed as alkalizing proteins as is chicken breast. I'm increasingly okay with both of the above. Honestly, I've been waking up starving at 4 a.m. and the protein more than takes the edge off & decreases those episodes. Most veggies agree with me, if safely prepared. Fruit is still a huge problem. Certain forms of stevia are acceptable, thankfully. I had to stop the enzymes--caused too much acid.

I still have my Peptobismal days, too. But, they're significantly decreased. Mostly, these days, I'm angry re: my hair loss. There's no denying the balding & people bugging me if I go out because I'm really thin & pale.

So, continued support. I think you should be okay with some chicken breast bits (i.e. boiled & shaved into a potato creation. Maybe 1/4 c.-1/3 c. to start?)

Kate.

P.S.

One of these days we'll figure it out.

#236463 - 01/07/06 10:04 AM
anlikerm

I'm sorry to hear about your hair loss....do you know what's causing it??

I can't handle fruit either....too much reflux!!! Maybe I need to quit taking my enzymes??? I don't know...

I still have my pepto days, too. Probably more than you.....I'm sooo glad to hear you're getting better though after quitting the Nexium. Just think about how sick you still would be if you were still taking that crap!!! I wish I could come off of this but I can't. I've only been on it for 2 months and it's just now working!!! GEEEEZZZZ!!! How long will I need to be on this mess, anyway????

I tried an egg sandwich, yesterday and it was okay but I got really bloated up and gassy after about 30 minutes.

I had 3 BM's too last night.....at 8:30PM, WHICH NEVER HAPPENS!!!??? WIERD!!! Took an Imodium and it stopped, thank goodness!!!

Going to make some more oven fries, now!!! They're soo good.......YUMMM!!!
Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 128 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 14657

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review