Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Re: REPORTING IN - 1/5/06 new
      #236132 - 01/05/06 10:33 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

OK... here is my reporting in......

My BMR = 2083 + I burned 975 calories (20 minutes Treadmill , 50 mintues one on one session with Personal Trainer Heather , 30 minutes Eliptical) - 730 less calories to get to my goal = 2328 calorie food budget.

Pre-Breakfast: 180 calories Nutz Over Choc Luna Bar & Water

Breakfast: 180 calories Nutz Over Choc Luna Bar & Water

Tea Time: 0 calories 8oz Ginger Tea unsweetened

Snack: 80 calories 4oz Cinnamon Applesauce & Water

Snack: 180 calories Nutz Over Choc Luna Bar & Water

Snack: 80 calories 4oz Cinnamon Applesauce & Water

Lunch: 355 calories 6oz Tuna w/Light Mayo, 1oz Snyders FF Mini Pretzels, 4oz Unsweetened Applesauce & Water

Snack: 160 calories 8 Triscuts & Water

At The Gym: 14 calories 4 Altoids & Water

Dinner: 422 calories Baked Burrito 10" Flour Tortilla w/5oz Chicken Breast, 1 Tablespoon Pureed Avocado, 1-1/2 Tablespoon Hummus, 2 Teaspoons Green Tabasco Sauce, 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper, Butter Pam & Water

Tea Time: 0 calories 8oz Heather's Fennel Tea unsweetened

Fiber Pills: 3 calories total

Total Water intake (goal 128oz) = 88 oz

Total of 1654 .....not as low but, should be at lest 1800....in my food budget

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#236134 - 01/05/06 11:50 PM
Draupadi

Reged: 07/16/05
Loc: Santa Cruz, California

*raisin bran muffin and tea with soy milk

*small portion of left over beans and rice with lettuce and salsa

*carob energy nuggets

*soy cheese veggie pizza and salad

*one glass white wine

*crackers with soy cream cheese, blackberry sorbet

Not particularly proud of today's outcome...I think I had a bit too much SF, and I'm feeling kinda crampy.

--------------------
Julia

My sums new
      #236144 - 01/06/06 04:05 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Quote:

Sums - will complete later as too tired.

BMR: 2475
LessFood: 1885
AddExercise: 147
Total: 737 which taking 500 for weight loss of 1lb per week is within budget.

Nutrients:
Vitamin A 315.95 %
Vitamin D 58.93 %
Vitamin E 156.2 %
Vitamin K 27.29 %
Vitamin C 147.38%
Calcium 58.74%

So getting better but need to get sort out vitamin supplements

This is one of those odd days, I fluked out because I didn't have a real dinner with tons of carbs but had soup and nibbles instead. I wasn't too hungry though so I might get back to eating in the middle of the day (we have a work canteen that usually has a good selection of vegetables and rice or potatoes too) rather than a sandwich which leaves me starving in the evening so that I eat wayy too much.

I am wearing trousers today that are feeling VERY tight on me. I think I will make myself keep wearing them every day until they don't feel so tight as it's really helping me watch what i eat!

I think I will aim for 1.5 lbs weight loss ie 750 less calories next week so that the weight will come off quicker and I will get happier with myself. Does anyone think that that would be a problem. (Laurel, casey?)

--------------------
S.

#236148 - 01/06/06 05:01 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

See, and I don't see that you ate *too* badly today... if I were having a crappy, hormonal day, I would have done a lot worse! LOL

Hope you feel better soon! *hugs*

#236178 - 01/06/06 06:59 AM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

Let's see......I haven't posted in a few days because it's pointless. I eat the same thing over and over and over......everybody already knows that....
But, today I expanded a little so lets see.....I haven't drank chamomile tea in 3 days and my tummy hurts a little more but NO HEADACHES!! I don't know which I prefer living with, more.

I ate a little more than the usual today and resulted in an ATTACK at about 5:00pm but I recovered in about an hour.

Mini Bagel w/veggie butter
Potato Roll w/ veggie butter

2 tiny bits of Tuna (did not go over well, I found out that I do not like tuna before 3:00pm!!!)
Sip of rice milk

Homebaked Fries (no honey)
Nilla Wafers
Bite of banana
Bite of Luna

Mini bagel w/veggie butter
Almonds
Sip of rice milk
Bite of soy yogurt

Bite of rice dream ice cream

1/3 Egg-white omelette
Few marshmallows
1 Beet

Mashed Potato/Green Bean Burrito
Few Nilla Wafers
Sip of Rice Milk

Mini Bagel

Mashed Potato/Green Bean Burrito

BED!!

It seems like I ate ALOT, today, but it was little bites and sips all day besides my usual mashed potato burritos....

I still only weigh 105 lbs!!! Why am I eating more and losing weight????!!! So, my goal is 120 lbs and I don't think I'm ever gonna make it. I keep back-sliding.....

I remember a time when I actually weighed 120 lbs and was doing everything in my power to lose weight and couldn't....unless I starved myself to death. Now, that I WANT TO BE 120 lbs!!?? Forget it, I can't get there for nothing!!!

Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

#236206 - 01/06/06 08:26 AM
cailin

Quote:

Guilt over eating so much crap: Feels like about 10 lbs worth around my belly.

Stephie- you crack me up, that's excellent.
I agree with Casey, you weren't that bad. Snacking is what is killing me too, that and the sugar craving, I bought a box of Special K bars and they are in my desk and I just cannot keep out of them

Plus you did tons of exercise (I still haven't darkened the door of my gym since September )

Think positive
Hang in there, g

--------------------
S.

Maria- re wine new
      #236210 - 01/06/06 08:31 AM
cailin

Quote:

How you drink as well as what you drink could make quite a difference here. A single glass of wine enjoyed after a high soluble fiber meal may be very tolerable for you, especially on an occasional (instead of daily) basis. Judging by reader feedback on this topic, white wine may be safer for IBS than red, and beer seems to be particularly problematic. Having a drink when you're feeling relaxed instead of harried can make a difference as well

Is that new advice from Heather as I SWEAR by that type philosophy but don't remember reading it before, and I am thrilled to see it in writing

I used to drink beer and really miss it but white wine, champagne and cider (the alcoholic kind we have here, not the non alcohol kind you have over there) are all fine for me.

Thanks for sharing this here, I'd never have seen it otherwise.

--------------------
S.

re: Michelle, frustration & tuna new
      #236221 - 01/06/06 08:48 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I am so sorry that you experience such frustration.

I've tried chicken breast (organic, boiled) successfully, twice. It might be easier for you than tuna. According to "lists" chicken is more alkalizing than fish. You could try hiding 1/4 cup, perhaps, of plain shaved "bits" in one of your "burrito" creations. I know that you crave protein.

Perhaps focussing too much on the numbers is doing more harm than good? Truly, IT TAKES A LONG TIME (yes, YEARS) to gain weight. Honestly, it took me years to get to a healthy enough weight (and now my jeans are way too baggy again & I wake up starving at 3 or 4 a.m.) so I know I need "more" too.

Kate.

Re: Michelle new
      #236225 - 01/06/06 08:53 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Glad you're back and posting. I feel my meals get repetitive too, but I think by posting it makes me see that and so I'm pushed to try something new or add more IF.

Hey, we have the same goal! (Eventually) I'd like to be around 120 lbs too; before I got the infection that led to IBS I was 130 lb or so, which I was comfortable with at a little over 5'6" in height. Right now I'm at 105 and trying to get to 110. I feel pretty good though, so I try not to focus too much on what the scale says.

Edited by SPASMTASTICAL! (01/06/06 10:26 AM)

Wine
      #236226 - 01/06/06 09:08 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Yes, that little recommendation stuck with me since I read it. Here's a direct link to where it's located in the Diet FAQ: Alcohol

Note: I didn't try this until about a year after I started the diet and not until I was stable. And I don't have it regularly - a small glass on Thanksgiving, then New Year's Day, and then the one last night.

Edited by SPASMTASTICAL! (01/06/06 09:11 AM)

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 91 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 14660

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review