All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Re: Hmm.... new
      #235400 - 01/03/06 10:19 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

It sounds fun AND like it would be good for a woman who has been abused......anything that makes you feel more powerful/confident sounds GREAT! In fact...my therapist might even say that this would be a great alternative to taking self defense classes (would you agree?)

Thanks Casey!!! I'm glad you mentioned this

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Welcome back Shell! new
      #235403 - 01/03/06 10:23 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I sure missed your kick-a$$ motivational attitude! (I was a wee bit concerned after seeing some of your holiday temptations on the recipe board, I confess).

It's so funny, but since I lost the smoking habit, my body is getting more oxygen to motivate me to move my butt more.

Anyways, best wishes for the new year. I strongly suspect that you will be hitting your goal.

Kate.

YES! new
      #235405 - 01/03/06 10:25 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Some of the testimonials on the boxes focus on the self-defense aspect of it. I think a lot of that has to do with how it boosts your strength and confidence rather than actual self-defense techniques, so it depends on what you're looking to accomplish. But either way, from the abused standpoint, I think it'll help you like it's helping me. I know I'm carrying myself differently after only 2 days doing it.

Re: YES! new
      #235408 - 01/03/06 10:35 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Good deal! I see my therapist tom...I'll try to remember to mention it! You've got me psyched!!!

Thanks again *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: REPORTING IN - 1/2/06 new
      #235414 - 01/03/06 10:41 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Food really tastes so much better after more than a month off cigarettes! My poos are finally solidifying again. (I cannot tell you how long it has been. Yes, there are still lots of them, but, well...I'm a vegetarian!)

Exercise: Does mall walking/strolling for 2.5 hours count? I'm lazy, but I am starting to enjoy just walking around the mall. Plus, it helps with my anxiety disorder!!!

What I ate:

Puffed quinoa

Spaghetti Squash tossed with lots of fresh parsley & basil ***AWESOME stuff***
Spinach herb puree

Dulse rice cakes
steamed carrots

2 bowls of homemade Asparagus bisque with dill & chives
Small steamed potatoe topped with chives
Portabella mushrooms

more steamed carrots (craving orange food, lately)
Dulse rice cakes

Note to self: I think my appetite is better without smoking. Have been eating more veggies & organic fruit things if I get the munchies. Rice cakes, too, for that crunchy effect. Have this urge to see if organic broccoli agrees with me. Also, I'm an underweight & really anemic, so...a couple pounds would help me!!! But, it is nice to have a better appetite.

Kate.

#235445 - 01/03/06 12:12 PM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

I did alot of "testing the water" today....to expand my diet from the usual mini bagels and burritos.

Mini Bagel
Few blueberries
Chamomile Tea

Mashed potato/green bean burrito
bite of Luna Bar
bite of blueberry soy yogurt
4 almonds

Flour Tortilla w/veggie butter rolled up
Teddy Grahams
another bite of soy yogurt
bite of rice dream ice cream
sip of rice milk

Homebaked Fries w/ honey
3 Fortune cookies
Chamomile Tea

Flour Tortilla
Nilla Wafers

Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Whee! Everyone's back! .... new
      #235486 - 01/03/06 01:49 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

....and I will be too!

Today's been crazy and tomorrow I'm going to be travelling all day (I know, excuses, excuses, lol ), but I'll start reporting again in the 1/05 thread! Glad to see everyone back! And Happy New Year all!

Move over in the wagon! new
      #235495 - 01/03/06 03:21 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

>>>>>>>>>>>>>I am ready to post my report for today (January 3rd) too! Looks like we all have made New Year's resolutions to get back in shape/on track etc

I have gained 6 lbs (at least!) since I got back from honeymoon in November (gained zero on honeymoon!) so feel really blobby and unfit so I am taking action. Feel hungry though but my tummy is probably so used to being overstuffed that it's not sure what to do with all the air space inside! (note my lack of scientific knowledge in writing this but you know what I mean!)

I AM DETERMINED not to "let myself go" (!) now that I am married and blissed out! Watch this space.

--------------------
S.

WOW ya'll... new
      #235538 - 01/03/06 07:45 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

I haven't visited this board in months..

however, since I am currently feeling like a BEAST with rolls hanging over every pair of pants I own.. I figured maybe it was time to make another appearance.

I'm going to begin reporting in again starting tomorrow. woohoo.. lets hope it works this time!

--------------------

#235657 - 01/04/06 12:06 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Thanks. Some days it is a real challenge to drink enough!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 40 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 12865

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review