All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 12/25/05
      #233057 - 12/21/05 09:16 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 12/25 here....
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 12/25/05 new
      #233756 - 12/25/05 08:20 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Major waking nausea. Eventually passed. Unexpectedly fun Christmas. Packed my food with me & shared supper with Grandmother/Father/Aunt & then dragged their butts to see the latest Harry Potter movie. No reflux issues. Really loose bms, though. Not D, just really loose & soft. (But considering my mode of food prep., it's not all that surprising, lol!

Earl Grey with Rice Dream
Probaby 8 x 500ml, Jasmine Green tea
2 x 500ml. Peppermint tea
2 x 500ml. True Blueberry/Rosehip tea '
1 x 500ml. Camomile tea
Flat Diet Gingerale (Yes, I was peeing alot!)
I forget how much water

2 Rice Cakes

Spaghetti Squash
& Spinach puree

Asparagus soup (just steamed asparagus pureed in Imagine
Asian Style Chicken broth)
Peeled PEELED boiled Potatoes (I decided to trust my Grandmother's
plain boiled white potatoes!)
Spinach Puree

Leftover Spaghetti Squash & Spinach puree for a snack

In short, a fun day. Mellow. Note to self: NO MORE TRYING TO BE A TROOPER & eating potato skins that give me cramps/spasms & D attacks. Also, it felt nice to eat with others. My Grandmother's potatoes were safe. It is always awesome to be prepared to just grab some Kate-food & go. It's been years since I've been "able to feel the fear" and do it (i.e. see a movie) anyways." Must do it again, soon.
Less PANIC & more POWER.

Kate.

#233780 - 12/26/05 07:28 AM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

VERY VERY NAUSEATING DAY!!! I quit the elavil. I had NO APPETITE, major reflux issues, and I couldn't hardly eat all day. I spent most of the day on the couch!!

No more Elavil! No more Birth Control Pills. I am quitting every pill that can be contributing to this reflux!!!

Mini Bagel
Chamomile Tea
Lots of flat ginger ale

Plain flour tortilla (almost came back up!)

Mini Bagel
Chamomile Tea

Mashed Potatoes

Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Hey, Michelle! new
      #233793 - 12/26/05 08:43 AM
Wind

It's too bad that you cannot keep the Elavil down (but it might be a good thing, i.e. your system letting you know that it's toxic or not a good thing for you). Usually reactions down't happen repetitively for a reason, so, consider it your body's way of "tipping you off!"

I guess, we're hyper-sensitive types. So be it. My D is better without Nexium! I do take my Buspar, now (with a Gravol) & crushing it/hiding it in food really helps too. (How 'bout a drugged mashed potato burrito, lol!)

Usually, though, if we cannot stomach/tolerate things, they are clues that the offensive substance is toxic or a bad thing.

I know, a simple explanation. If you cannot swallow the stuff...if it makes the quality of your life worse, then it is not the solution.

NOW, I have to stick to my resolution to PEEL potatoes. Tater skins--OUCH!

Kate.

Re: Hey, Kate! new
      #233798 - 12/26/05 09:11 AM
anlikerm

OUCH!! I know that feeling from potato skins! I learned that one the hard way, too!! I only did it twice before I figured out that I can't tolerate tater skins, either!! You'll be much better off without them!!!

I'm considering taking my buspar again. I still have 2 bottles of it in the pantry. I don't know...do you have any side effects from it?? It would be a good idea for me to get a pill crusher because our sensitive tummies can't handle having to break down the hard tablet or whatever it is. Even some capsules that take longer to digest. I can feel it...

I don't understand why my body doesn't want to take the elavil. It worked really well for me last year and I didn't have any side effects like I'm having now. I'm only taking half the pill, too!! I'm only taking 1/2 the dosage I was two years ago.

You're probably right, though. If my body is rejecting it this time, it's definitely not the solution!! Like you and the Nexium!! That's truly amazing that you are doing better without it!! Awesome!!

Thanks for the support, Kate! I was able to eat a little easier this morning but I still don't have my appetite back. I guess the Elavil is still in my system, somewhat. 2 days worth.....I'm glad I made the decision to stop taking it. I don't think I would be able to eat at all today if I would have taken it again last night. I woke up at 2:00 on the nose this morning with horrible stomach pain!!! I had to take Pepto. I couldn't hold out any longer. It was Intense.....Was able to get comfortable enough to go back to sleep about 3:30. Whew!!! I haven't had a night that bad in a month, I think!!

Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

#233802 - 12/26/05 09:39 AM
karenleslie

Reged: 11/13/05
Loc: San Francisco, CA

UGH! These drugs really just aren't working out for us! (i.e. Kate-Nexium and Michelle-Elavil)

After I waited a day off the Lexapro like the doctor told me I realized that it was making me DANGEROUSLY depressed. I immediately decided to stop all together. I don't think I should do SSRI's I had a really bad experience prior to this one too.

I am going to try sam-e (natural vitamin) for depression and ask my doctor if I can try Buspar too. It seems like a good alternative. Hopefully, anyway.

Foods: ?

I haven't been paying much attention because of moving and everything.

crispix/soymilk

cream of rice/soymilk

don't remember lunch

dinner: half chicken sausage, boiled veges and gnocchi w/tomato sauce

I can't believe I am moving tomorrow! We seem a might unprepared. We haven't figured out anything out internet service yet or electricity. Mostly because they haven't given us the keys to the place yet. Maybe I can 'borrow' someones wireless until we get it all settled.

Hang in there you two (Kate and Michelle). I know if we keep trying we will all find what works best for us.

--------------------
Karen

IBS-A

#233804 - 12/26/05 09:58 AM
anlikerm

OOOOH, have fun moving!!

I can't believe you're nauseated, too from the drugs!! Boy, don't we just make 3 peas in a pod!! I have not tried lexapro and based on your experience, I don't think I ever will!!

Hmmmm.....Kate is doing well on the buspar so I think we should give that one a whirl, don't you!?!?

I have tried it before but the doctor thinks it made my IBS worse, so he told me to just stop taking it because I was already on Remeron. He thinks it was just too much for my system to handle.

By the way, The remeron did me JUST LIKE THE ELAVIL but I didn't realize it till I was already at the point where I couldn't eat anything and had lost 15 lbs!! 2 months!!! Now I know it was side effects and know to be on the look-out for them!!

Anyway, I still have 2 bottles of the buspar it in the pantry. I guess I could just call the doc and see if it would be a good idea to try it again, since I'm off of the Remeron AND elavil. I'm not on anything, anymore except for Levsin.

Be safe tomorrow and I hope your tummy stays calm through the storm of moving!!!

Don't forget to eat!!!

Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

#233809 - 12/26/05 11:17 AM
uwponine

Reged: 03/19/05
Loc: Wisconsin

Is the spinach puree the same as the faux taters concept?

--------------------
IBS-C with major bloat!
Gluten Free Vegan

Re: Spinach puree (for uwponine) new
      #233835 - 12/26/05 02:44 PM
Wind

Spinach puree is just steamed (cooked) baby spinach. You can also use chopped frozen spinach and puree/food process. I add organic veg. stock (or water) until it gets to the desired consistency/viscosity. So, in essence, it is like the "faux-taters" thing as it is simply a pureed/food processed vegetable. VERY VERY EASILY DIGESTIBLE! It's also very very fast. If I'm out of fresh baby spinach, I just "zap" (i.e. microwave) a few pkgs. of chopped frozen & then puree. You can eat plain or with your favourite sauce/dressing. Note: if you hate spinach then you'll detest this.

Kate.

Edited by Wind (12/26/05 02:53 PM)

#233849 - 12/26/05 03:29 PM
uwponine

Reged: 03/19/05
Loc: Wisconsin

Thanks. Just did a huge batch of beets/carrots. Used a little plain soy milk and lots of dill. Yummy.

Will try spinach puree over faux sausage crumbles.

--------------------
IBS-C with major bloat!
Gluten Free Vegan

#233862 - 12/26/05 05:36 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Pretty good today 1655. 12 miles bike.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#233863 - 12/26/05 05:37 PM
Wind

Dill is really good with the spinach! Basil is delicious, too. It's wonderful with potatoes, as well, by the way. It's one of those really flexible purees. I really enjoy spinach (puree) & mushroom dishes, OR spinach puree/rice or quinoa/ & mushrooms! THIS IS MY SAFEST GREEN VEGETABLE PUREE since the nasty onset of IBS.

Kate.

#233876 - 12/26/05 07:52 PM
junevarn

Reged: 12/14/04

Hi all,

I had a lovely Christmas. I got up early, and was able to eat breakfast.I think that I'm back to a stable state. I had one egg and two egg whites scrambled with veggies and lean turkey sausage, fresh blueberries and raspberries and a piece of banana bread that I made. I did some reading, then darling hubby got up and we opened presents. I had turkey for lunch and dinner with a yam and then safe mashed potatoes for dinner.

I got the hypnotherapy CD's, a yoga DVD, some digestive enzymes among other things. I pretty much took it easy for the whole day.

Today I felt a little constipated,didn't go Saturday and then a tiny bit yesterday.I had 1 tsp acacia with one tsp ground flax seeds before breakfast. This helped move things along nicely. I have to be careful or I can go the other way very easily. We went to see Good night and Good Luck at the movies and I had some abdominal cramping but I was able to deep breathe and relax and was ok. I went to the bathroom when the movie was over. I was a little nervous cause we were sitting in the middle of the row where my DH wanted to sit. I made it through though!!

I have to make sure not to eat clarified butter on my potatoes and yams and stay away from nuts for a while. If I do very low fat I'm ok. I also have to make myself drink more water.

I worried that I had lost a lot of weight and so hubby bought us a scale today. I have lost a little but not too much thank goodness. I am already thin. I had two slices of banana bread today after meals to try to gain a bit back.

Now that I know whats what I hope to stave off attacks.

Thanks for listening,
June

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 117 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4467

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review