All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
REPORTING IN - 12/22/05
      #233053 - 12/21/05 09:15 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 12/22 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

me again new
      #233439 - 12/22/05 04:43 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I am fat and need to cut calories. I have started adding them again. Starting Tuesday: Tues, 1900 ; Wed. 1575 ; today 2075 . I am too scared to weigh myself. I have upped my exercise by getting up 15 minutes earlier which is very early! I am still doing 2 days heavy treadmill 30-45 min, 2 days biking 12 miles in 50 min and these along with situps, and 2 days doing full weights and exercise ball for 3 rounds. I have to figure out how to adapt what I eat to things that are less calories. I am working a different job now with 3 breaks a day and a fridge, micro, toaster oven, so I could try different lunches. I also am trying to up my protein and stave off hunger but am having a hard time incorporating more protein. So far working in a grocery store hasn't made me buy more food. I am thinking my goal is 5 pounds before mid spring-like May 15.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: me again new
      #233493 - 12/22/05 11:15 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Hey, nice to see you again! Do you mind me asking what your new job in a grocery store is like? Are you enjoying it? It sounds like it would be good for IBS - the breaks and having access to a kitchen. As far as protein, how about turkey jerky, Luna Bars, or homemade trail mix for your snacks?

Are you really fat or is it a lack of activity that's making you feel out of shape? I mean, it sounds like you're still active enough that you wouldn't have gained that much weight.

Your weight-loss goal seems reasonable. You can do it!

Re: REPORTING IN - 12/22/05 new
      #233495 - 12/23/05 02:26 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Chai Green Tea with Rice Dream

Potato & Zucchini salad
Asparagus/Basil Sauce (Pureed steamed asparagus, basil, &
organic vegetable stock)

Potato & Zucchini salad
on a bed of Sauteed Baby Spinach & Cremini Mushrooms (sauteed in organic vegetable stock & seasoned with sweet basil & lavender)

Rice Cakes

Kate.

#233517 - 12/23/05 07:52 AM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

Mashed Potato Burrito
Mini Bagel
Animal Crackers
Chamomile Tea

2 Mashed Potato/Mushroom/soy cheese/flour tortilla "baked boats"

Green Beans

5 Potato Wedges w/honey
Chamomile Tea

Flour Tortilla
Anise Tea

Okay, I think I'm eating too much SF now, or I took too much imodium. I'm chronically C, today!! Cramps put me to the floor, hardly anything coming out at all......but no nausea! Hey, give me all the pain in the world.....I can take it as long as I'm not nauseated. The pain was pretty intense, though. I had to take 2 levsin and it still HURT LIKE HELL!!! I haven't taken Levsin in 2 months!
But, thank God, I wasn't nauseated!!!

I'm thinking I'm definitely an IBS-A, now, not D. I don't know.....

Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Hey, Michelle--I totally empathize! new
      #233538 - 12/23/05 09:58 AM
Wind

I'm having one of those C attacks--and I know it's gonna be D.
Can I say, it feels like trapped D? I cannot stand up right, either!

My Nexium D attacks are gone, though! But holy cow, I think the Immodium & Pepto. really plugged me up. I was dreaming of a big box of poo flakes versus potato flakes(I think Maria messed up my dreams, lol!). Haven't had a really solid formed one in well over a week. My problem, though, is I'll have one formed bm & then a sequence of gravy. It's like "popping the poop plug" if that makes sense.

Indeed, trapped D makes me nauseated. Actually, if my bms have been predominantly D, the first few solid ones REALLY hurt. My bowel/pelvic floor muscles lose tone when things have been D. So, in a way, this A-ness is good. Yes, it's definitely a mashed potato poo. (okay, enough gross-ness!)

Oh, hot gingerale sounds really GROSS. Maybe try club soda or mineral water at room temperature. Seriously, cool beverages don't stimulate the gag-reflex.

I think we've A'ed ourselves! Seriously, though, for the nausea, (lactose-free) Gravol works like a charm.

Kate.

Edited by Wind (12/23/05 10:03 AM)

Re: OMG, Kate! ROFL!!!! new
      #233546 - 12/23/05 10:24 AM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

LOL!!!! OMG, IT HURTS!!! OUCH!!!!

I think you're right, though. I definitely think we have A'ed ourselves!!

How did we manage to do it at the same time??? LOL!!! That's pretty funny!

Yea, the warm ginger ale was not a good idea at all.....Bleh!!! I'm back on the Chamomile right now.

I can't wait to get my Gravol!! I have had 9 BM's now and I finally had a really really really good one (HUGE!!).

TMI, I KNOW!!! Sorry.....so, now I think it's going to be D again, here shortly. Wow, how torturous this is has been today!! 9 BM's!! Wow, I'm going to stop it now. 9 is enough. (popping 1/2 Imodium). I have to finish christmas shopping, today. I can't be in the bathroom all day. I was just going to wait it out and stay off the Imodium for awhile, but I can't hold out anymore. I'm drained.....I'm weak. I'm literally shaking.....

Wow, I hope you get to feeling better too! This is INTENSE, girl! So, we're going to be A's now??? Better than total D, I think. Can't tell just yet.....

OUCH!!!!!!!!

Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

#233547 - 12/23/05 10:26 AM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

apple sauce (1c ish)

oven fries
chik patty
mayonaise, ketchup, honey (separately! - and michelle, the honey on fries *is* great. thanks for that!)
graham cracker

cranberry bread

pear
grande soy gingerbread stemed milk

veggie wrap (portobellos, eggplant, zucchini, w/ pesto - so good!)

a little champagne*
cocoa puffs

*one of my very good friends from college (he actually still has a semester left!) just got cast in the national tour of RENT, as mark - basically the lead, if you don't know the show. it's crazy serindipitous and exciting, and the celebrations converged on my apt. last night. i still can't get over it - i'm so proud of him, and so, so happy.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

Re: me again new
      #233574 - 12/23/05 01:03 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Thanks! I work in the scanning dept of a local store. I like it for the most part, some days are all data entry but at least people come in and chat. I think this store is run well and pays well but not all stores are the same. It is nice to know if I need food I can buy whatever I want to eat! You should see what people eat on their breaks! Tons of food. They might as well hand over their paycheck.
I think I might try jerky or smoked breast. I wonder if I would like egg sandwiches. They used to make me throw up. I have a doctors note that says I can eat and drink whenever I want to.

I am not fat really, probably 3 pounds heavier than I was a couple months ago, but I am too scared to weigh myself. When I went to the doc last week I was fully dressed and left my heavy coat on too! I feel fat because I have been eating more than in summer. I have not noticed clothes not fitting unless I am bloated. In winter when I bloat more I feel fat no matter what. Even my butt seems to bloat!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: OMG, Kate! ROFL!!!! new
      #233591 - 12/23/05 02:32 PM
Wind

Yah, I think we're in an A-hole today.

Kate.

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 204 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4776

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review