All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Re: Ruch I called every pharmacy in the state.... new
      #233193 - 12/21/05 06:17 PM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

They don't have Gravol in the states. You have to order it online from Canada. It's $10.00 shipping and they will only ship 1 package at a time. I don't know why.....

Here's the website:

http://www.canadapharmacy.com/cart/index.cfm?fuseaction=product_detail&producturlname=Gravol.Dimenhydrinate.max.100.tabsorder&productid=2049&ovchn=GGL&ovcpn=google&ovcrn=gravol&ovtac=PPC&utm_source=google&utm_medium=ppc&utm_term=gravol&utm_campaign=OTC+Terms+-+Other

Wow, that's kind of long!!! Let me know if it doesn't work and I will try to email it to you.

Let's hope this works!!! NAUSEA BEGONE!!! LOL!!!

We will BOTH owe KATE our lives if this kills our nausea, you know that right??? LOL!!

Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

just checkin if you noticed lactose in the ingredient list?? n/t new
      #233209 - 12/21/05 07:23 PM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

Re: just checkin if you noticed lactose in the ingredient list?? n/t new
      #233217 - 12/21/05 07:52 PM
anlikerm

I don't care what it has in it as long as it kills the nausea. It can trigger the worst IBS attack in the world.....as long as I'm not nauseated, I'd live through it. When I'm having an attack AND I'm nauseated.....forget it.....I just want to die!!! I'm still going to try it. If it doesn't trigger IBS attacks in Kate, who is really bad IBS-D, then I think I'm safe. BUT, antihistimines, in general, always upset my stomach. Maybe they put the lactose in it to help with the stomach upset. ???

Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Re: just checkin if you noticed lactose in the ingredient list?? n/t new
      #233220 - 12/21/05 07:55 PM
anlikerm

I"m sorry, I really don't mean to sound "snippy"....

I'm in a lot of pain and am just sooo sick of this nausea!!

I'm at the point where I will try anything, regardless of how it comes out the "back end".

Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Good point re: Lactose as Possible Ingedient! new
      #233232 - 12/22/05 03:42 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Honestly, I do not know whether or not lactose is an ingredient in Gravol. I don't have a package with ingredient listings handy to check.

I've been using a generic version at the moment AND as we all know often generic drugs (i.e. generic/storebrand Immodium) will often contain different additives/non-medicinal ingredients. The bottle I have doesn't list lactose. These pills are very very tiny.
If anyone knows, please advise. I will attempt to find out.

I do note, though, that D has decreased since ceasing Nexium. Thank Goodness.

Kate.

Re: Good point re: Lactose as Possible Ingedient! new
      #233269 - 12/22/05 08:24 AM
anlikerm

If you click on the Website that I posted, it does list lactose as an ingredient. But, I don't care....
I'm going to try it anyway!!

Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Sorry I missed all this yesterday... new
      #233271 - 12/22/05 08:31 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I think I will just get me some more pepto. It seems to help (although it does plug me up more. *sigh*)

How are you ladies doing today?

I practically woke up nauseous.

Meds. Help one thing hurt another

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Good point re: Lactose as Possible Ingedient! new
      #233309 - 12/22/05 10:26 AM
Wind

Michele:

Yes, this stuff does work. The brandname form of Gravol (dimenhydrinate) does list lactose as an ingredient. However,
if you scroll to the bottom and click on dimenhydrinate and check ingredients there is no lactose listed as an ingredient component. Also, there is a capsule form of GRAVOL available for purchase. I've used either the capsules or the generic dimenhydrinate. It would be odd for a manufacturer NOT TO LIST an ingredient component & lactose is not listed as an ingredient in the generic form of the drug.

Kate.

Ruchie/nausea new
      #233315 - 12/22/05 10:34 AM
Wind

I wake up nauseated and nearly HURL when I pop my a.m. Tegretol. The past few days, I began practicing what I did in the hospital, initially too many years ago to remember.

I took a dimenhydrinate tab. (generic Gravol) with my Tegretol & went back to bed until noon. Much better. So far, no Pepto. in nearly 24hrs. Yes, a record for me of late. When I first started the drug, I was ordered Gravol (dimenhydrinate) by my M.D. for the nausea. It does make you kind of drowsy--don't drive on this stuff! It worked then, and my M.D. said it's okay for me to take now too.

I just get this huge upper body "I'm gonna puke spasm" when I pop the Tegretol. I'm not sure if you experience this as well. I cannot eat when I take the meds. as everything will come back...so I just take them around 7 a.m. and roll over until noon. However, the "roll over until noon" policy is just me & the luxury I have of deleting mornings from my day. I realize that some people are required to be awake& busy during that most barbaric time of day!

Kate.

Re: Ruchie/nausea new
      #233324 - 12/22/05 10:44 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Tegretol. A monster isn't it?

Does it give you nightmeres? It seems the geodon (new med I'm on) has all of the same side effects as the tegretol. So I get to experience them all over again.

If I don't eat with the med it is worse for me. It would be great if I could take it, roll over, and sleep. My bod doesn't allow it!

my hair is still falling out from the tegretol. Compunded by the geodon. (When we decreased the tegretol a while back...my hair growth returned to normal. This is how we know it's the med.)

I'm rambly today. memory and thoughts are not quite working right. And I am to increase the geodon tonight (the goal is to get rid of the tegretol and only use the geodon...the idea is my docs. I hope it works that way! Two of these meds is a lot to swallow...in every sense of the idea!)

Hope you are feeling ok now ok? What time is it there??

*hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 139 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 14518

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review