All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Re: dipping sauces new
      #233043 - 12/21/05 08:56 AM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

i like just about all of them... though i'm not sure about the garlic. i have a major weakness for dipping fries in mayonaise - especially big, starchy ones that are more potato than fry. not the healthiest habit. i also go for ketchup, honey mustard, sweet and sour sauce (i used to love mcdonald's). next time i make fries (oven fries, of course), i'll have to try the honey thing, too.

mmmmm.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#233046 - 12/21/05 09:03 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Jaime, have you ever mixed mayo and thousand island dressing and dipped your fries in it? Good stuff!

I always dipped my McD fries in the sweet and sour sauce! (Now I keep Kosher...haven't done this in years. But it was sooo yummy!!) My fam used to tease me for it. Wish I could've told them what a trend it was then

Mayo w/ fries....like tartar sauce! I dipped my fries at TGI Friday's in the tartar sauce my shrimp came with (before I kept Kosher). LOL

Dips are fun

Wait one more: I used to dip my soft pretzels in marinara sauce and my hard ones in mustard or honey mustard.

Ok...I'm getting hungry. I miss all this stuff Have some for me?

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: LOL!! new
      #233048 - 12/21/05 09:06 AM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

That's funny Ruch! Unfortunately, today I feel like crap really bad!!! The thought of fries w/honey makes me want to puke! Oy, going to grab the Imodium and Pepto right now.....and chamomile tea. Off to bed......

How do you feel not going sugar?? I would crash! I can't handle NO SUGAR!! No way.... LOL!

Love ya!
Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

#233052 - 12/21/05 09:13 AM
Snow for Sarala

Awww Michelle *hugs* We gotta get you better!!

Well, it's day 4. It's getting pretty bad! The cravings are well...overwhelming We're allowed fresh juices. I might get some today.

It's going ok. I do get nauseous sometimes. But I have a hideous rash (perhaps from the meds...but I've had them before I started the meds for years now. It comes and goes. They're welts and they are just horrid! Some nights I actually wake up itching ). Anyhow, the nausea could be from anything?? I am still pretty C so it might be from that? I wonder though if it could be from detoxing and geting all the junk out of my system?

Nausea is just awful. I think it should begone from this world!!!

There.

Seriously...feel better! And thanks for asking (sorry for such a long, rambly response )

Love ya back

Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#233074 - 12/21/05 10:36 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Actually, I can tolerate RICE VINEGAR without a problem! There's a rather low acidity to it. I don't have a problem with balsalmic most of the time, either.

Give me a processed mainstream dressing, mayo, and it's attack city.

Generally, I just season with sea salt and herbs.

I don't have a problem with organic stoneground mustard. Give me French's and it's big trouble, lately.

My favourite herb to season potatoes with it probably CHEVRIL. I like FINE HERBS (tarragon, parsley, chives). I also enjoy DILL. Sometimes I toss in a tiny sprinkly of poppyseeds (yes, OPIATES!!!). I'm in love with an organic dijon at the moment that contains cinnamon in it. Blended with a few herbs & a splash of vinegar it's wicked! No kickback, either. Oh, how could I forget--potatoes are divine with nutmeg--especially if accompanied by spinach. I love HERBES DE PROVENCE, too. I think the lavender makes it positively intoxicating.

Ketchup, though--rarely a good thing. I actually used to love this Thai Chilli Garlic Sauce

Sometimes (okay, often), my tummy feels a lot better with a splash of vinegar--JUST NOT WHITE VINEGAR or MALT VINEGAR.

I read that a splash of vinegar or lemon/lime (acidity) helps make calcium & other nutrients more available to the body to absorb.

Generally, though, any kind of bottled/jarred product disagrees with me. I always end up ditching them. Fat free Raspberry vinagrette & French dressing are mere memories!

Kate.

#233096 - 12/21/05 11:29 AM
anlikerm

I just told my husband this morning that I want to find the CURE for nausea!!! LOL!!!

I hate it more than anything in this world! I can deal with the pain, gas and cramps......and even the D! I cannot deal with the nausea, at all.

I want to find something that works 100%, 100% of the times I use it.

Everything I have now is a hit and miss kind of thing. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does nothing at all! I HATE NAUSEA, RUCH!!! Please make it stop!!!

I'm so nauseated right now......nothing is working! I'm taking Emetrol, Rescue Remedy, chamomile tea, (can't do peppermint or ginger b/c of GERD). Lets see. What else? Cold rag, I don't know what else to do.

I have some Xanax but I haven't taken any of it, yet. Should I break it out?? Would it make my nausea worse??

I Love you, Ruch!! Thanks for trying to help me!! I wish you felt better too!! What are you doing for the nausea??? I cannot deal with this all day long.....

Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Re: Michele/nausea new
      #233144 - 12/21/05 03:04 PM
Wind

Can you take Gravol? That actually works for awhile, i.e. 4-6 hours. It might make you a bit tired. But it really does work. I've been doing that, lately. They're great for airplane trips/motion sickness too, by the way. It's basically an anti-histamine.

Having a rough day--5 Pepto. caps. Uggh.

Kate.

#233161 - 12/21/05 03:44 PM
Snow for Sarala

What is it?? I was so nauseous (not 100%) these past few days!

Do you get gravol at the pharmacy or is it a perscription?

Nausea begone!!!!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#233185 - 12/21/05 05:49 PM
Wind

No prescription is necessary. Yes, you can get it at a pharmacy.

Kate.

#233192 - 12/21/05 06:13 PM
anlikerm

I don't know if I can take it (anti-histimines upset my stomach) or not, but I will order some of it. They don't have it in the states. I have to get it from the Canada pharmacy that I bought the Diovol plus from. The Diovol Plus is AWESOME for the acid reflux but it doesn't do a thing for my nausea! Thanks for the tip on the Gravol, Kate! If it works, I will owe you my life!!! I'm not even kidding. The only "true" anti-nausea we have in the states is Emetrol and it doesn't work AT ALL!!! And it's full of fructose so it gives me instant reflux. We have anti-histimines that say they work for motion sickness but not "true nausea", from any ailment. Like Dramamine....is it like Dramamine??

I was lying in bed for 4 hours, nauseated, nothing I did helped. I was thinking to myself that there is a pill for everything these days. Noone should have to live through Nausea like I did, today.

There has to be a cure! A cure that works 100%, 100% of the time, you know! Just like there should be a cure for IBS. It's freaking 2005 and they haven't come out with a cure for IBS, yet, sooo many people have it!!! It's like cancer. Hell, they're closer to finding a cure for cancer right now than they are for IBS!!!! GRRRRR.....this just makes me mad!! We should be at a point where we can just pop a pill and be done with it. Get on with our lives.....Sorry, I'm venting!!!

I need to finish my chemistry degree just to find the cure for nausea. I'm only lacking 6 credits.....oy... I cannot handle nausea. It's the worst feeling in the world!!!

Anyway, 4:00 rolled around and I bounced back, felt fine....ate some millet, felt okay. Not the best but it digested okay. No nausea....Whoo Hoo!!! Man, what a day!

I hope you get to feeling better soon and I'm going to check out that Gravol. I just found it online and they said they cannot send more than 1 package at a time. What's the deal with that??? I hope it works!!!
Does it upset your stomach??? Most anti-histimines upset my stomach. I will hope it doesn't!!!

You're the bomb, Kate! Thanks a ton!
*HUGS*
Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 121 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 14526

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review