All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 12/19/05
      #232669 - 12/19/05 05:49 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 12/19 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 12/19/05 new
      #232725 - 12/19/05 08:53 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

A really crampy, nauseated day. Things felt better as the day progressed, though. Honestly, I was so nauseated that I could barely get off the couch (I don't sleep in a bed!). I'm so pale! Maybe it's the flu? The nausea, though, feels like when I first started Tegretol.

However, no vomitting, no reflux--but then again, I totally listened to my body & ate really IBS-safely.

Darjeeling tea with a splash of Rice Dream

Crispix

Steamed rice ***I actually baked a potatoe, but my body
gave me a sudden NO! signal/message & wanted steamed rice
instead***
baby spinach sauteed in organic veg. stock with herbs & rice
vinegar, soy sauce ***I actually had steamed asparagus,
but body said NO, I want baby spinach!***
Oyster Mushroom (these are huge!) crumbles

Steamed rice
baby spinach/zucchini/cremini mushroom sautee (in a splash of water with herbs--basil) ***splashed with fish sauce/rice vinegar***

Green Beans

Kate.

Edited by Wind (12/20/05 08:01 AM)

#232789 - 12/20/05 08:40 AM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

i'm back! work's finally slowed down (being stuck home because of the transit strike doesn't hurt either!). it's like an early christmas vacation.

5 water crackers

small banana muffin

pasta salad (pasta, red pepper, carrots, tofu, ff dressing)

honey nut cheerios w/ lite soy milk (2 bowls)

small gingerbread muffin

grazing: 1 bite ice cream, 4 veggie bites, 4 crackers, teddy grahams, wheat thins

vegan lasagna (ick - sticking with the amy's brand from now on)
3 squares mint dark chocolate

a little junky, but still, i think, under 1700 calories. and there were veggies, too, so i feel okay.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

#232798 - 12/20/05 09:18 AM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

Good Day to start and got really crappy by nightfall. UP all night with cramps, headache, heartburn, gas!!! Cycle Week is sooo much fun!!!

Mashed Potato/Tofutti Cream Cheese/Tofutti Sour Cream Quesadilla
Chamomile Tea

5 Potato Wedges w/ honey
Animal Crackers
Chamomile Tea

Mashed Potato Burrito
Pumpkin Spice English Muffin

Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Re: potato wedges and honey new
      #232810 - 12/20/05 09:39 AM
jaime g

michelle, that sounds really intriguing - is it just baked potato wedges with honey? any seasonings? honey's a long way from ketchup, but it sounds potentially very good.

--------------------
jaime

#232928 - 12/20/05 03:51 PM
anlikerm

OH, I love it! Ketchup does NOT AGREE with me, at all. I have ALWAYS used honey on my fries instead of ketchup because I'm a sugar freak!! I love sugar!! I can't remember how I started doing it because I've been doing it since I was a kid. I ALWAYS used to use honey on my chicken nuggets and my staple food was chicken nuggets and fries every single day!! So, I guess I would just use the honey that I used for my nuggets for my fries, too!! I guess that's how it got started..... LOL!! I never even thought about how WIERD it "really" is, now that I think about potatoes and "honey and not ketchup". Ketchup has just never been a part of my diet. So, I improvise!!!

OH, it's good. Just potato wedges/fries dipped in honey! That's all.....DELICIOUS!!

Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

#232961 - 12/20/05 05:48 PM
Wind

Interesting comment--I'm more of a mustard lover.

But you're potatoes with honey does sound good! It would be great sprinkled with chevril or dill & honey(and a good stoneground organic dijon, if tolerable)! Can you do garlic powder? Honey garlic would be yummy too.

Kate.

#232967 - 12/20/05 06:30 PM
anlikerm

Ooooh, honey garlic....that sounds interesting! I can't do garlic right now, it gives me a sore throat and buring in the back of my nose, which I'm guessing is reflux???

Maybe I'll try it when it gets better. Good idea Kate!

I do love mustard, too! Used to do mustard on chicken fingers until it started upsetting my stomach at about 20 years of age. Can't do mustard, much, anymore. Honey sits very well with me.

Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

#233038 - 12/21/05 08:40 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I learned this from my roomie in college! It is SO yummy! I dipped my tatter tots in honey at the cafeteria with her (I'll try most any foods once) and it stuck! Except now I am on day 4 no sugar....no fried foods at all....drool watching hubby eat *sigh*

Man...tatters with honey! Those were the good ole...I'll eat anything...days!!! LOL

Thanks for the memeory!!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

honey mustard garlic new
      #233039 - 12/21/05 08:45 AM
Snow for Sarala

those were good days! Now I can only do the garlic

I can see us all at the table, each one with their own dipping sauce

Honey
Honey Mustard
Pressed Garlic
Mustard

I find this quite amusing! We would def be quite a quartet (where would you fit in with what you can eat Jaime? Would you mix vinegar with one of these?)

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: dipping sauces new
      #233043 - 12/21/05 08:56 AM
jaime g

i like just about all of them... though i'm not sure about the garlic. i have a major weakness for dipping fries in mayonaise - especially big, starchy ones that are more potato than fry. not the healthiest habit. i also go for ketchup, honey mustard, sweet and sour sauce (i used to love mcdonald's). next time i make fries (oven fries, of course), i'll have to try the honey thing, too.

mmmmm.

--------------------
jaime

#233046 - 12/21/05 09:03 AM
Snow for Sarala

Jaime, have you ever mixed mayo and thousand island dressing and dipped your fries in it? Good stuff!

I always dipped my McD fries in the sweet and sour sauce! (Now I keep Kosher...haven't done this in years. But it was sooo yummy!!) My fam used to tease me for it. Wish I could've told them what a trend it was then

Mayo w/ fries....like tartar sauce! I dipped my fries at TGI Friday's in the tartar sauce my shrimp came with (before I kept Kosher). LOL

Dips are fun

Wait one more: I used to dip my soft pretzels in marinara sauce and my hard ones in mustard or honey mustard.

Ok...I'm getting hungry. I miss all this stuff Have some for me?

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: LOL!! new
      #233048 - 12/21/05 09:06 AM
anlikerm

That's funny Ruch! Unfortunately, today I feel like crap really bad!!! The thought of fries w/honey makes me want to puke! Oy, going to grab the Imodium and Pepto right now.....and chamomile tea. Off to bed......

How do you feel not going sugar?? I would crash! I can't handle NO SUGAR!! No way.... LOL!

Love ya!
Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

#233052 - 12/21/05 09:13 AM
Snow for Sarala

Awww Michelle *hugs* We gotta get you better!!

Well, it's day 4. It's getting pretty bad! The cravings are well...overwhelming We're allowed fresh juices. I might get some today.

It's going ok. I do get nauseous sometimes. But I have a hideous rash (perhaps from the meds...but I've had them before I started the meds for years now. It comes and goes. They're welts and they are just horrid! Some nights I actually wake up itching ). Anyhow, the nausea could be from anything?? I am still pretty C so it might be from that? I wonder though if it could be from detoxing and geting all the junk out of my system?

Nausea is just awful. I think it should begone from this world!!!

There.

Seriously...feel better! And thanks for asking (sorry for such a long, rambly response )

Love ya back

Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#233074 - 12/21/05 10:36 AM
Wind

Actually, I can tolerate RICE VINEGAR without a problem! There's a rather low acidity to it. I don't have a problem with balsalmic most of the time, either.

Give me a processed mainstream dressing, mayo, and it's attack city.

Generally, I just season with sea salt and herbs.

I don't have a problem with organic stoneground mustard. Give me French's and it's big trouble, lately.

My favourite herb to season potatoes with it probably CHEVRIL. I like FINE HERBS (tarragon, parsley, chives). I also enjoy DILL. Sometimes I toss in a tiny sprinkly of poppyseeds (yes, OPIATES!!!). I'm in love with an organic dijon at the moment that contains cinnamon in it. Blended with a few herbs & a splash of vinegar it's wicked! No kickback, either. Oh, how could I forget--potatoes are divine with nutmeg--especially if accompanied by spinach. I love HERBES DE PROVENCE, too. I think the lavender makes it positively intoxicating.

Ketchup, though--rarely a good thing. I actually used to love this Thai Chilli Garlic Sauce

Sometimes (okay, often), my tummy feels a lot better with a splash of vinegar--JUST NOT WHITE VINEGAR or MALT VINEGAR.

I read that a splash of vinegar or lemon/lime (acidity) helps make calcium & other nutrients more available to the body to absorb.

Generally, though, any kind of bottled/jarred product disagrees with me. I always end up ditching them. Fat free Raspberry vinagrette & French dressing are mere memories!

Kate.

#233096 - 12/21/05 11:29 AM
anlikerm

I just told my husband this morning that I want to find the CURE for nausea!!! LOL!!!

I hate it more than anything in this world! I can deal with the pain, gas and cramps......and even the D! I cannot deal with the nausea, at all.

I want to find something that works 100%, 100% of the times I use it.

Everything I have now is a hit and miss kind of thing. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does nothing at all! I HATE NAUSEA, RUCH!!! Please make it stop!!!

I'm so nauseated right now......nothing is working! I'm taking Emetrol, Rescue Remedy, chamomile tea, (can't do peppermint or ginger b/c of GERD). Lets see. What else? Cold rag, I don't know what else to do.

I have some Xanax but I haven't taken any of it, yet. Should I break it out?? Would it make my nausea worse??

I Love you, Ruch!! Thanks for trying to help me!! I wish you felt better too!! What are you doing for the nausea??? I cannot deal with this all day long.....

Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Re: Michele/nausea new
      #233144 - 12/21/05 03:04 PM
Wind

Can you take Gravol? That actually works for awhile, i.e. 4-6 hours. It might make you a bit tired. But it really does work. I've been doing that, lately. They're great for airplane trips/motion sickness too, by the way. It's basically an anti-histamine.

Having a rough day--5 Pepto. caps. Uggh.

Kate.

#233161 - 12/21/05 03:44 PM
Snow for Sarala

What is it?? I was so nauseous (not 100%) these past few days!

Do you get gravol at the pharmacy or is it a perscription?

Nausea begone!!!!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#233185 - 12/21/05 05:49 PM
Wind

No prescription is necessary. Yes, you can get it at a pharmacy.

Kate.

#233192 - 12/21/05 06:13 PM
anlikerm

I don't know if I can take it (anti-histimines upset my stomach) or not, but I will order some of it. They don't have it in the states. I have to get it from the Canada pharmacy that I bought the Diovol plus from. The Diovol Plus is AWESOME for the acid reflux but it doesn't do a thing for my nausea! Thanks for the tip on the Gravol, Kate! If it works, I will owe you my life!!! I'm not even kidding. The only "true" anti-nausea we have in the states is Emetrol and it doesn't work AT ALL!!! And it's full of fructose so it gives me instant reflux. We have anti-histimines that say they work for motion sickness but not "true nausea", from any ailment. Like Dramamine....is it like Dramamine??

I was lying in bed for 4 hours, nauseated, nothing I did helped. I was thinking to myself that there is a pill for everything these days. Noone should have to live through Nausea like I did, today.

There has to be a cure! A cure that works 100%, 100% of the time, you know! Just like there should be a cure for IBS. It's freaking 2005 and they haven't come out with a cure for IBS, yet, sooo many people have it!!! It's like cancer. Hell, they're closer to finding a cure for cancer right now than they are for IBS!!!! GRRRRR.....this just makes me mad!! We should be at a point where we can just pop a pill and be done with it. Get on with our lives.....Sorry, I'm venting!!!

I need to finish my chemistry degree just to find the cure for nausea. I'm only lacking 6 credits.....oy... I cannot handle nausea. It's the worst feeling in the world!!!

Anyway, 4:00 rolled around and I bounced back, felt fine....ate some millet, felt okay. Not the best but it digested okay. No nausea....Whoo Hoo!!! Man, what a day!

I hope you get to feeling better soon and I'm going to check out that Gravol. I just found it online and they said they cannot send more than 1 package at a time. What's the deal with that??? I hope it works!!!
Does it upset your stomach??? Most anti-histimines upset my stomach. I will hope it doesn't!!!

You're the bomb, Kate! Thanks a ton!
*HUGS*
Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Re: Ruch I called every pharmacy in the state.... new
      #233193 - 12/21/05 06:17 PM
anlikerm

They don't have Gravol in the states. You have to order it online from Canada. It's $10.00 shipping and they will only ship 1 package at a time. I don't know why.....

Here's the website:

http://www.canadapharmacy.com/cart/index.cfm?fuseaction=product_detail&producturlname=Gravol.Dimenhydrinate.max.100.tabsorder&productid=2049&ovchn=GGL&ovcpn=google&ovcrn=gravol&ovtac=PPC&utm_source=google&utm_medium=ppc&utm_term=gravol&utm_campaign=OTC+Terms+-+Other

Wow, that's kind of long!!! Let me know if it doesn't work and I will try to email it to you.

Let's hope this works!!! NAUSEA BEGONE!!! LOL!!!

We will BOTH owe KATE our lives if this kills our nausea, you know that right??? LOL!!

Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

just checkin if you noticed lactose in the ingredient list?? n/t new
      #233209 - 12/21/05 07:23 PM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

Re: just checkin if you noticed lactose in the ingredient list?? n/t new
      #233217 - 12/21/05 07:52 PM
anlikerm

I don't care what it has in it as long as it kills the nausea. It can trigger the worst IBS attack in the world.....as long as I'm not nauseated, I'd live through it. When I'm having an attack AND I'm nauseated.....forget it.....I just want to die!!! I'm still going to try it. If it doesn't trigger IBS attacks in Kate, who is really bad IBS-D, then I think I'm safe. BUT, antihistimines, in general, always upset my stomach. Maybe they put the lactose in it to help with the stomach upset. ???

Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Re: just checkin if you noticed lactose in the ingredient list?? n/t new
      #233220 - 12/21/05 07:55 PM
anlikerm

I"m sorry, I really don't mean to sound "snippy"....

I'm in a lot of pain and am just sooo sick of this nausea!!

I'm at the point where I will try anything, regardless of how it comes out the "back end".

Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Good point re: Lactose as Possible Ingedient! new
      #233232 - 12/22/05 03:42 AM
Wind

Honestly, I do not know whether or not lactose is an ingredient in Gravol. I don't have a package with ingredient listings handy to check.

I've been using a generic version at the moment AND as we all know often generic drugs (i.e. generic/storebrand Immodium) will often contain different additives/non-medicinal ingredients. The bottle I have doesn't list lactose. These pills are very very tiny.
If anyone knows, please advise. I will attempt to find out.

I do note, though, that D has decreased since ceasing Nexium. Thank Goodness.

Kate.

Re: Good point re: Lactose as Possible Ingedient! new
      #233269 - 12/22/05 08:24 AM
anlikerm

If you click on the Website that I posted, it does list lactose as an ingredient. But, I don't care....
I'm going to try it anyway!!

Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Sorry I missed all this yesterday... new
      #233271 - 12/22/05 08:31 AM
Snow for Sarala

I think I will just get me some more pepto. It seems to help (although it does plug me up more. *sigh*)

How are you ladies doing today?

I practically woke up nauseous.

Meds. Help one thing hurt another

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Good point re: Lactose as Possible Ingedient! new
      #233309 - 12/22/05 10:26 AM
Wind

Michele:

Yes, this stuff does work. The brandname form of Gravol (dimenhydrinate) does list lactose as an ingredient. However,
if you scroll to the bottom and click on dimenhydrinate and check ingredients there is no lactose listed as an ingredient component. Also, there is a capsule form of GRAVOL available for purchase. I've used either the capsules or the generic dimenhydrinate. It would be odd for a manufacturer NOT TO LIST an ingredient component & lactose is not listed as an ingredient in the generic form of the drug.

Kate.

Ruchie/nausea new
      #233315 - 12/22/05 10:34 AM
Wind

I wake up nauseated and nearly HURL when I pop my a.m. Tegretol. The past few days, I began practicing what I did in the hospital, initially too many years ago to remember.

I took a dimenhydrinate tab. (generic Gravol) with my Tegretol & went back to bed until noon. Much better. So far, no Pepto. in nearly 24hrs. Yes, a record for me of late. When I first started the drug, I was ordered Gravol (dimenhydrinate) by my M.D. for the nausea. It does make you kind of drowsy--don't drive on this stuff! It worked then, and my M.D. said it's okay for me to take now too.

I just get this huge upper body "I'm gonna puke spasm" when I pop the Tegretol. I'm not sure if you experience this as well. I cannot eat when I take the meds. as everything will come back...so I just take them around 7 a.m. and roll over until noon. However, the "roll over until noon" policy is just me & the luxury I have of deleting mornings from my day. I realize that some people are required to be awake& busy during that most barbaric time of day!

Kate.

Re: Ruchie/nausea new
      #233324 - 12/22/05 10:44 AM
Snow for Sarala

Tegretol. A monster isn't it?

Does it give you nightmeres? It seems the geodon (new med I'm on) has all of the same side effects as the tegretol. So I get to experience them all over again.

If I don't eat with the med it is worse for me. It would be great if I could take it, roll over, and sleep. My bod doesn't allow it!

my hair is still falling out from the tegretol. Compunded by the geodon. (When we decreased the tegretol a while back...my hair growth returned to normal. This is how we know it's the med.)

I'm rambly today. memory and thoughts are not quite working right. And I am to increase the geodon tonight (the goal is to get rid of the tegretol and only use the geodon...the idea is my docs. I hope it works that way! Two of these meds is a lot to swallow...in every sense of the idea!)

Hope you are feeling ok now ok? What time is it there??

*hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

not offended........... new
      #233416 - 12/22/05 03:31 PM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I just wanted to make sure you knew or for those who are super sensitive to lactose. Like Kate said I doubt a generic brand would have it in it. I would be the same as you, I cannot stand being nauseated. I have GERD and have some problems sometimes but nothing like what you are going through. I REALLY, REALLY hope the Gravol helps you, my heart goes out to you, stay strong!!
Take care,
Beth

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

Re: not offended........... new
      #233430 - 12/22/05 04:24 PM
anlikerm

Thaks, Beth! I bought the brand name, so maybe I should have went for the generic brand, huh??

OH, well....next time I will know better! Thanks for pointing it out to me, though. I have been fortunate enough to not be nauseated that much, today. Thank God!!

Now, I have fever blister trying to take over my whole chin!!! I don't know why, but I cannot get rid of this one. I had one two weeks ago and it went away for a week and now it's back again!!!

Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 105 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 14315

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review