All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Is this the right forum for talking about colonoscopys?
      #231959 - 12/16/05 12:27 AM
AmandaM

Reged: 10/05/05

I really hope this is the right forum for discussing this. I've been MIA for some time now as I've been really busy with school and work and I've also stabilzed (miraculously).

Despite the fact I am doing well, I still have to undergo a colonoscopy this coming Monday morning as I have never had one before and my Dr. wants to rule out more serious problems. I am getting more nervous as it approaches, mostly because I know that I am going to put stuff into my body that will make me really "sick" with D again...and I have been feeling good for the past couple months now. Anyway, I am just looking for moral support and any tips about how to get through the prep...I've heard it can be rather ghastly.

Thanks to all and hope you're enjoying the holiday season!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Is this the right forum for talking about colonoscopys? new
      #231987 - 12/16/05 07:38 AM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Not entirely wrong... but I'd definitely re-post this on the IBS Diet board You'll get more responses over there. This board is more for talking about fitness related stuff.

I won't lie to you - the prep is pretty bad, but it's less than a day long and after that the actual procedure itself really doesn't seem so bad! lol

JillSklar has a really fabulous post on doing the prep that is a MUST-READ (link to that post). That will probably address most if not all your questions or concerns, but if you're still worried about it try reposting this on the Diet board and mention that you've read that post already.

Good luck!

Re: Is this the right forum for talking about colonoscopys? new
      #232330 - 12/17/05 10:12 PM
AmandaM

Reged: 10/05/05

Thank you! I read the link you posted and it was just what I was looking for. I'll go grab the stuff she recommends and just grin and bear it. I think I'll be ok

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 38 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1514

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review