All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 12/14/05
      #231499 - 12/14/05 10:05 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 12/14 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 12/14/05 new
      #231696 - 12/14/05 08:20 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

It ended up being a frustrating food day. Dinner rebounded on me, 2 hours later. Blech. However, the day is done and hopefully things will be better tomorrow. I hate acid reflux & IBS, but hey--live & learn.

decaf chai with vanilla Rice Dream

steamed jasmine rice
spinach puree

steamed jasmine rice
spinach puree

portabella mushrooms
spinach puree
fatfree Italian dressing (it was either this, or the meds. or stress--yes, I literally sweat my Nicoderm Patch off! or just an "off" feed. nevertheless, i puked about 2 hours later. a swampy "exorcist" moment. hmmm, yes, this is probably TMI, but think baby barf, as most of my food is pureed)

***later, after some camomile tea (and anti-histamines! thanks, Nelly!), Pepto., Tums, & Super-Extra Strength Gas-X)***

1 c. steamed jasmine rice (felt stuffed. it's really hard to eat a whole cup of rice, I find. 1/2 c. seems fine, but anymore than 2/3c and I'm too full. Am I the only one?)

Kate.

Where's jaime? new
      #231697 - 12/14/05 08:25 PM
Wind

jaime, if you're peeking on this board I want you to know that I'm thinking of you & sending you tons of positive energy.

i know you're stressed out & $$$ is tight until payday. i know that you've had some binge episodes & attacks as well.

i hope you're hanging in there, through the stress, and maybe even forgetting about it by having tons of fun...hitting the gym...working in the theatrical field that you love. i hope that you're staying conscious & grounded while eating.

anyways, i miss your insight & sensitivity.

kate.

#231749 - 12/15/05 07:52 AM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

Mini Bagel w/ veggie butter (NOT COUNTRY CROCK!!)
Mashed Potato Burrito

Baked Fries
Vanilla Tofu Pudding
Chamomile Tea

Mini Bagel with Tofutti cream cheese
Mushrooms
Animal Cookies
4 Fortune Cookies (all these fortune cookies gave me a tummy ache)

Tropics tea
Chamomile Tea

2 Mashed Potato/tofutti sour cream/Green Bean Burritos (YUMMM!!)
Tofu Pudding
Few Almonds

Flour Tortilla
Mushrooms
Chamomile Tea

Mashed Potato/Sour Cream/GB Burrtio
Thai Kitchen Rice Noodle Bowl
(the seasoning is a little to much for me right now. Burping it all night!!)
Mushrooms

BED!

Much better day! Lots of food and I'm 109 lbs. Getting there!!

Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Re: Hey Kate... new
      #231769 - 12/15/05 08:53 AM
anlikerm

Sorry you had such a rough day, yesterday! I know this SUCKS!!!!! Having IBS AND Reflux!! It's kind of a hit and miss thing with me. I never know what I'm going to feel like....just have to wait it out and see!!

Does that Decaf Chai upset your reflux or IBS or anything?? I have beeen wanting to try it but have been too chicken.
Feel better soon!!
Michelle

I took yours and Ruchie's advice and got some Remedy Rescue and it works pretty good! I like it.....it really does help take the edge off without me really feeling groggy or anything. Thanks!!! Good Stuff!!

I see the Psychiatrist in January so hopefully he will give me a good anti-anxiety drug, then. I wish the Buspar would have worked out for me.

--------------------
Unstable

#231776 - 12/15/05 09:25 AM
Wind

Hey, we all have our days, our moments! I find that the Thai Kitchen soups give me acid, too. I note that they do contain citric acid, so no wonder. Hey, even Mrs. Dash will give me heartburn!

It's funny, but caffeinated tea does not give me GERDs. I drink alot of Jasmine Green tea, throughout the day. Chai, even with caffeine works with me too. If anything, ironically, HERBAL teas will give me mega reflux. Yes, HERBAL--no kidding! If anything Rooibos tea will give me rude GERDs. Weird.

It's odd, but anymore than 2.5-3 c. food per day and I'm in attack zone. Is this normal? Do I eat like a pig or something? It's so frustrating! Maybe my digestive system needs a rest/break?
Actually, I'm kind of tired/sick of eating, hence the redundant menus.

I'm not really going to think about it, though, today...just continue to make notes and reduce quantity, I guess. Fiber, though, tends to make things worse and trigger things. Veggies intimidate me and fruit scares me. I already cut the fruit, so maybe eliminate the veggies? So...maybe reduce fiber further? I'm already under 30g/day.
Lately, I'm at about 25g (no SFS anymore as they give me D or make things worse) which is what they recommend. I don't know, honestly. But, I'm not going to "try" or "force" or anything...just flow and I guess reduce quantity.

At this stage, I'm just keeping notes and hopefully I'll figure out something that works. I suspect, though, that my g.i. tract just wants a rest so it's giving me mega attacks as a que.

Kate.

#231793 - 12/15/05 10:18 AM
anlikerm

OH, I didn't know the Thai gave you reflux, too. I should have asked before I ate it, I guess!! OH, well....the noodles would have been fine but the seasoning packet was just too salty or something. My system is used to flavorless bland crap. That was just too much of a jolt on my body! Today isn't going very well for me. I was okay most of the day, yesterday, but today my tummy just will not settle down. Don't worry.......I won't be eating too much, today, either.

NO, I would hardly say you eat like a pig!! NO way.....you don't eat hardly anything but pureed veggies. I think maybe your digestive system might just want a break. I don't know....I don't know if cutting out veggies would help or hurt you. You seem to do well on veggies, though. Maybe it's the chinese food just now catching up with you. Chinese food put me down for 4 weeks last time I ate it. I won't go near chinese food again for a long while!!!!

I have also cut out all fruits!!! They make my stomach hurt bad!!!
I have also cut out all veggies besides potatoes, mushrooms and green beans. LOL!!! That's pretty much all I eat besides my junk calories! Nilla wafers, fortune cookies, animal crackers, angel food cake. I gotta get my calories in somewhere, without all the fat.

I remember last month when my body would be in attack mode if I ate more than 1 or 2 bowls of cream of wheat....remember that??? It was horrible. I still can't eat as much as I want to but it's better than last month. At least I'm gaining some weight. I will be pissed if I gain a bunch of weight, though, and don't start feeling any better!!! That would suck! I'm putting on weight so my body will balance back out. I have gained about 5-6 lbs now, but I don't feel too much better!

Maybe you just need a break.....maybe your body is going through what mine went through last month when I quit smoking. I feel for ya. It was horrible!!

I think I'm about to have an attack, bad....I better get offa' here!

Hope today is better for you! Take it easy and try to eat some crackers....soak up the stomach acid!

Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Re: Yea, about the fiber new
      #231795 - 12/15/05 10:26 AM
anlikerm

I forgot, you asked about the fiber....

I noticed last month that fiber bothered me, too. I couldn't even tolerate my SFS, without feeling sick. But, now that I have my gut filled back up again.....with potatoes (LOL!!).....I start to feel bad when I don't get enough fiber! Wierd! About the time I get really bloated up and in attack zone.....it's time to take my fiber again so I take it and then the bloat and everything goes away. I asked my doctor about it and he said that the fiber washes away all the acid.....that's why I feel better after I take it. It binds with the bile salts and keeps it from building up in my system. He thinks my gallbladder needs to come out. He thinks that bile builds up in my system and makes me all acidic and crappy feeling. I won't let him take it out. I think it would just cause more problems. I would have Chronic D forever!!! No, thank you!!

So, I don't know whether to tell you to try to eat more fiber or cut it back. When fiber makes me feel sick, I get scared of it. Because I don't like throwing up anything, let alone alot of fiber"y" foods!! I would just rather throw up puree' or liquid, I'm sure you know what I mean!!!

Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

#231806 - 12/15/05 10:59 AM
karenleslie

Reged: 11/13/05
Loc: San Francisco, CA

I'm sorry both of you (Michelle and Kate) are feeling so bad. I hope you start to feel better really soon! As I told Michelle a while ago, my Mom has really bad acid reflux and I know how hard it can be. It seems like you are both putting in tons of effort to improve so I am sure that you will start to see results!

Today was my last work day until I move to San Francisco proper on the 27th. On work days my menu is always a bit boring if not really boring.

rice crispix w/soymilk

3 pieces sourdough bread
soy vanilla pudding
1/2 c apple sauce

1 serv. arrowroot cookies

pad thai leftovers

1 piece zucchini bread

Calorie consumption was good, a teeny bit above 1500. I am trying REALLY hard not to stress out about moving and school. I have pretty bad anxiety and moving to a new city is becoming pretty daunting. (I have to find all new bathrooms! ) I succeed at calming myself down maybe 50% of the time. I wouldn't mind a personal masseuse and some professional movers though!

--------------------
Karen

IBS-A

Re: Where's jaime? I second that. new
      #231807 - 12/15/05 11:00 AM
karenleslie

We miss you! Take care of yourself, but come back soon!

--------------------
Karen

IBS-A

i'm here new
      #231867 - 12/15/05 03:16 PM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

thanks for looking for me. i'm here, and fine. the money stuff resolved itself (birthday present - $$ - from grandparents arrived a few days early, thankfully). work's just been really busy lately, lots of readings and stuff going on, so i haven't been able to keep a good log, haven't been eating regular write-down-able meals, haven't had time to post. i'm not doing the *healthiest* eating - not enough veggies, probably not enough protein - but i'm doing okay, if eating a bit more of the holiday treats than maybe i should. and fitting the gym in there too, a bit. not to mention walking between my office and the theatre where we're having the reading.

so, yeah, things are good, just really busy till we close for the holidays. but i'm still lurking around. and i do really appreciate you asking. much much love.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

Michelle new
      #231868 - 12/15/05 03:21 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I'm sooo proud of you for getting yourself some Rescue Remedy and a psych appointment!

That rocks...good for you

keep us posted, ok *hugs* Love ya

ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Thanks, Ruch! new
      #231898 - 12/15/05 04:29 PM
anlikerm

Yep, I was in the care of a psych in the Navy for anxiety (related to my air traffic control job) and never got one out here in the civilian sector after I got out. It's time. I cannot deal with it on my own, anymore.
He'll put me on some good anti-anxiety drugs and I'll be moving along again in no time, hopefully!

I'm sure you guys are tired of hearing about my anxiety problems and I'm REALLY tired talking about it. Time to do something about it!!! Yea!!

*HUGS*!!
Love ya, Ruch! Thanks for your kind comments
Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Re: Hey Michelle new
      #231910 - 12/15/05 05:05 PM
karenleslie

If you don't mind me asking, which anti-anxiety meds did he give you? When I get my insurance back in January I'd like to look into that too!

--------------------
Karen

IBS-A

Re: Hey Michelle new
      #231915 - 12/15/05 05:20 PM
anlikerm

Are you talking about my psyc in the Navy or my new psych??

I don't go to the new psych until January (new patient).

My regular medical doc gave me some Xanax until I can see the psych in January. He (reg doc) tried to put me on Buspar back in August but it triggered IBS attacks, so he tooke me off of it and put me on Remeron (same thing I was on in the Navy) and that made my anxiety REALLY BAD!!!

Well, the psych in the Navy knew that the remeron made my anxiety worse and he put me on Neurontin, on top of the Remeron, to fix the anxiety side effect.

Well, when I told my regular doctor about that, he refused to give me Neurontin. And he didn't give me anthing else for the anxiety. So, here I am STILL TAKING A DRUG THAT HE KNOWS MAKES MY ANXIETY WORSE and he didn't give me anything else......I was sooo pissed!

I told my GI doc about it when I got my colonoscopy/endoscopy and he told me to stop taking it! So, I did...... What an idiot!

My regular doc wasn't happy about that, so he's done with me. He is the one who told me to go to the psych. MY PLEASURE!! I'm sorry, my regular doc is just such a jack-ass!!

Michelle

So, the combo that I was on in the Navy that worked for me was Remeron and Neurontin. I could not be on the Remeron without the Neurontin, though! They worked together to fix the depression, fix my anorexia, put weight back on me and fix the anxiety side effect of the Remeron. I gained 30 lbs on these meds.

--------------------
Unstable

That's a relief! new
      #231931 - 12/15/05 06:15 PM
Wind

Thanks for speaking up. I'm glad things are *flowing* & that some funds arrived.

I think, what I've learned from you is that half the time it's not really about *the food* Often, there is more at play. Actually, thanks to you, I'm not afraid to NOT EAT MY VEGETABLES (if that makes sense). I'm also more confident in getting on track re: eating to help my IBS versus all this green goo.

Stay well. And uh, don't worry too much about those vegetables! Sometimes, they hurt.

Kate.

#231932 - 12/15/05 06:22 PM
Wind

Well...fiber for me is GOO (i.e. pureed, mushrooms included, incidentally). Seriously, baby food.

I'll keep with the Pepto. Maybe I need a higher dose of Nexium? I stopped my SFS due to D attacks.

Lol! Sometimes I think I need a big jack-the-rip-your pants off fart. I rarely fart. I think the last time I farted must have been over a week & a half ago. However, as fiber from food is giving me D & reflux attacks, I have significantly reduced and will continue to do so...even if that means eating less than 10g/day. Obviously if it's being rejected it's not wanted or there's a problem somewhere in the translation of it...

Kate.

#231938 - 12/15/05 06:55 PM
anlikerm

I really tried to go off of my SFS because I thought it was causing more D, but when I went off of it.....Well, I was fine for about a week and then all of a sudden, I would be eating and all of a sudden my stomach would flip and I wouldn't be able to finish eating. I would have a really bad attack. So, I started the fiber again and in a couple of weeks I was able to eat again and actually finish eating. So, I will stay on mine. But, it doesn't work for everyone. Bev didn't like it, either. Do you feel better or worse since you quit taking it??

What dose of Nexium are you on?? I'm on 40 mg. It sure did take a long time to kick in but it's finally kicked in. I STILL wake up at night sometimes with reflux issues but not every single night, like it was last month.
Maybe you do need more?? My doctor told me to start taking 2 a day since I was still waking up with reflux in the middle of the night but it made me really sick!! Terrible stomach cramps, nausea, headache, oh it was bad!!! So, I'm not doing that again!! I am better off with the Pepto at night, not another Nexium. Too much for me!! Maybe it would work for you. You can try it. If it doesn't work, don't do it anymore, like me!! LOL!!

It's soo funny what you said about farting!! I NEVER FART, BUT I NEED TO ALL DAY LONG.....LIKE RIGHT NOW!! My stomach is soooo big right now and I cannot get rid of the gas, for nothin'!!! LOL!! It sucks!! It hurts!!

Yea, something's going on with your body not wanting fiber. I went through it, too and I kind of still am but not as bad as last month. I don't know what causes it at all.....very wierd, though! I couldn't figure it out. My body just did not want food at all, really.

I Hope you have a better night, hon! I hope I sleep, too. I was awake most of the night last night because I need to make a HUGE BM and couldn't. But, then this morning....I had about 5 BM in 15 minutes! I have taken 2 Imodiums today.
*HUGS*!
Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 32 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6432

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review