All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 12/9/05
      #230348 - 12/09/05 08:23 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 12/9 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 12/9/05 new
      #230488 - 12/10/05 05:05 AM
uwponine

Reged: 03/19/05
Loc: Wisconsin

All righty. I keep disappearing when I'm naughty.
Must stop.
After another naughty, overeating day yesterday...GRRR.

Lack of sleep is a huge trigger for me to do this. Don't feel grounded in my body, not aware of what I'm doing.
Never really made that connection before.

Today, Saturday, is a new day.

I'm filled w/ hope for better behavior.

--------------------
IBS-C with major bloat!
Gluten Free Vegan

#230507 - 12/10/05 06:55 AM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

BAD MORNING!!! Trapped gas bubble that made me reflux most of the friggin' day!!! The evening was better till I took my fiber at 9:00pm. Then I blew up like a giant blimp. After I listened to hypno, I fell asleep for an hour. But, of course this stupid GERD keeps waking me up between 2-4am with A HORRIBLE STOMACH ACHE!!! I just wanna sleep!!!

2 Mini Bagels w/PB
Chamomile Tea

Baked Fries
Almonds

Mashed Potato/Green Bean Burrito
Walnuts
Anise Tea

1/2 Luna Bar (reflux city!)

Mashed potato/Green Bean Burrito
Almonds
Nilla Wafers
Teddy Grahams (I gotta stop torturing myself with these things~made my tummy hurt again!!)

Mashed potatoes and potato broth

Bed!

The good news is I have been eating soo many potatoes that I think (according to MY scale) I have gained 3 lbs!! Only 17 more to go!! I am trying to eat at least 6 potatoes a day so I can put some meat on my bones and I think it's finally working!! WhoooHoooo!!!!

Now, if I could control my nighttime wakings, I will be sitting golden!!!

Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Michelle new
      #230518 - 12/10/05 07:51 AM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

First, that's great that you are doing everything you can to get to a healthy weight. You should be very proud of yourself!!! It's hard to gain weight when you don't feel good. But it's so much better for your entire body to be at a healthy weight. I admire that in you!

Also, someone on the Recipe Exchange (franny) is asking for the recipe for your potato/green bean burrito! Thought you might like to know someone wants your recipe!

Keep up the great work!!!

#230532 - 12/10/05 08:38 AM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

one of those days where my eating schedule got thrown off - went to a reading at 2:30, so i had to eat earlier than i'd wanted, and then went longer without eating than i'd planned. but i guess it's a good sign for my mental health wrt food that it bothered me to eat when i wasn't hungry.

honey nut cheerios w/ lite soy milk

water crackers

wheat crackers
apple sauce

vegan stuffed shells (tofu, spinach, broccoli) in tomato sauce

a little pasta w/ pesto cream sauce (didn't realize it was a cream sauce when i ordered it, so i only ate a little, and then had...)
3 dinner rolls

blackberry iced honest tea (herbal)
3/4 vegan chocolate chip cookie

some breadsticks (the crackery kind)

a loooong day - went to a movie at 11:15, didn't go to bed till 3. wow. but still a decent eating day. about 1600 calories. and it would have been less but i knew it was low throughout the day, and i want to make sure it doesn't get *too* low - i like feeling like i have energy.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

Re: AWWWE, That's sweet of you! new
      #230566 - 12/10/05 11:30 AM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

Thanks Cyndy!! And Franny!!

Unfortunately, my GERD (reflux) is pretty bad at the moment b/c of my hiatal hernia, I guess. So, my mashed potato/green bean burritos/quesadillas are just that.

They are not flavored with butter or anything! BOOOO!!!! Very boring.......I'm sorry.

I cannot have ANY spices right now, so I just boil some potatoes, mash 'em up (I boil like 8 at a time and keep them in the fridge), heat up some frozen green beans and put a layer of mashed potatoes and a layer of green beans on a burrito (microwave for 35 sec) and viola!!! hehehehehe.......it's very simple and it has the alkaline foods that I need for my reflux, the soluble fiber for my IBS-D and the calories for my weight!!. It's really the perfect combo for all of my ailments

Tell Franny that if she wants, what would sound really good is like green bean casserole burritos, chicken and mushroom quesadillas (love those!!!). I will put anything in a burrito, honestly! I LOVE burritos AND quesadillas!!!

My husband used to make me breakfast burritos that have potatoes, cheese (could use soy cheese), egg (can use whites) and salsa. Those were sooooo yummy!!!! But, I haven't had one since I got sick this time around. I don't think the salsa would sit very well right now. Bleh!!!

My husband is a "New Mexican", so we're burrito and quesadilla eatin' ( and used to be margarita drinkin') fools!!

Thank you so much for your kind words! I really have to push myself to eat....it hurts so bad......but, you're right. If I can get back up to a healthy weight my body will start straightening itself out. I have to keep pushing and the support that I get from all of you, really really helps me in so many ways.
I love all of ya!

Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

#230587 - 12/10/05 12:28 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Well, I'm still abstaining from smoking! Yay.

My acid reflux is EVIL. I've tried to incorporate wheat products unsuccessfully and the worst episodes seemed to be after wheat-based foods, i.e. mini organic white pitas, saltines, pretzels. SO, no more torture. I also note that it gives me huge stomach spasms/contractions and mucous/D follows after. I end up vomitting/coughing up the offender...and the acid just burns. I ate gf for years, upon the advice of my M.D. so I'll go back to what worked.
I hate vomitting, stomach acid, reflux, cramps/D.

--mini white organic pita (plain) ***total bile and spitting up***

--wild mushroom/asparagus soup ***totally yummy, soothing, and made my tummy feel really good***

--more wild mushroom/asparagus soup!!! ***the asparagus was pureed and swirled in with the assorted 'shrooms to give it a creamy effect. I used "Imagine Asian Style Chicken stock" which is delicioius!***(maybe I should call it a "chowder?")

--steamed rice, lots of mushrooms, spinach ***felt really good***

--mini organic pita ***acid/vomit/mucous/coughing/D***

Hey. Live in learn. You try things--sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. Tomorrow is another day. I hate hugging the toilet. Hot guys are infinitely more exciting.
However, we'll settle for a "killer" bunny, lol!

Kate.

Edited by Wind (12/10/05 01:25 PM)

Re: uwponine new
      #230589 - 12/10/05 12:31 PM
Wind

We all need our beauty sleep. Sweet dreams. Be selfish and take time and do something exclusively for you.

Like REST!!! Surrendering to sleep (a vulnerable state) is a challenge for me, too.

Kate.

eating on 12/9 new
      #230721 - 12/11/05 09:30 AM
karenleslie

Reged: 11/13/05
Loc: San Francisco, CA

Today was an abnormal day. I ate two meals out of the house, which for me equals lots of sushi.

rice crispix w/soymilk

1 serv. arrowroot cookies

8 pieces shrimp roll w/ avocado & cucumber
apple/cinnamon rice crisps

1 serv. arrowroot cookies

1/2 serv. angel food cake

2 1/2 pieces sake nigiri
1 bowl edamame
3 pieces chef special (no idea what was in them, but they were really good)
2 cups green tea

1/2 serv. angel food cake w/ 2 spoonfuls of chocolate soy 'ice cream'

I eat naughty with friends, I guess. But it wasn't a terrible day.
Calorie-wise I have no idea, anybody have a calorie counter for sushi?

--------------------
Karen

IBS-A

Re: eating on 12/9 new
      #230736 - 12/11/05 10:19 AM
Wind

Yum! Sushi. Great idea.

No idea of precise calories, but they are really low.

Kate.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 202 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3779

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review