All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 12/5/05
      #229298 - 12/05/05 06:43 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 12/5 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 12/5/05 new
      #229478 - 12/05/05 04:31 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

B: Oatmeal with 100g blueberries/raspberries.
L: Lots of low-fat tuna mayo on one slice of toast. Half an avocado.
S: Soy milk. Decaf tea. Marmite on 1 slice toast. Pine nuts. Satsuma.
D: Mushroom risotto - not great for the hypoglycaemic diet but I'm restricted to what microwaveable atm as we're redoing the kitchen and I was finishing the tiling under the cooker today.

Feeling pretty good! And I weighed myself this mornign and I've lost 2 pounds over the last week, making my weight loss since changing my diet for the hypoglycaemia 4 pounds so far!

Linz, re: avocadoes. new
      #229503 - 12/05/05 05:54 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I read that avocadoes are really good for low blood sugar. Sounds yummy--and full of power-foods, not to mention quite IBS-safe/friendly. Lol! Now you're making me miss avos!

Kate.

#229514 - 12/05/05 07:21 PM
uwponine

Reged: 03/19/05
Loc: Wisconsin

1 c rice pudding w/ 1 tbsp protein powder
2 c rice/refried bean mix thinggie
~ 1 c breakfast casserole
chai tea latte w/ soy (YUMMERS! Must not do every day)

Better on liquid.

Question--last week switched to acacia. Went up 4 g/day by accident. Was totally regular and loved it. Been taking 8g w/ breakfast & 6 @ dinner. Had mini D attach Fri (which could have been from nutrasweet. ) Now I'm totally clogged up. Suggestions? Did try eating a bit more over the weekend and that didn't fly.

Re-started miralax. Hope that'll help but am desparate for relief...

--------------------
IBS-C with major bloat!
Gluten Free Vegan

#229523 - 12/05/05 08:46 PM
Wind

Zero cigarrettes. Zero coffee. Another day, down. Yes, the two do go hand in hand.

Crispix

Creamy Asparagus Soup (just pureed asparagus, basil, a little spinach, Imagine Asian Chicken Stock)

Zucchini Fries

1/2 package of Tic Tacs

1/3 c. steamed jasmine rice (steamed in my new rice steamer ) with matchstick anise (fennel) slices
LOTS of mushrooms !!! (okay, I confess, 8 cups prior to cooking)

Teddy Grahams

NOTES:

Rice Steamers rock! Anything to simplify life. Great buy!

Nicoderm Patch really helps too. So does sleeping/meditation with withdrawal symptoms which are evil.

Trying to keep fiber intake under 30g to see if that helps with D. Still taking Immodium Advanced.

Kate.

Edited by Wind (12/05/05 08:56 PM)

#229532 - 12/06/05 12:08 AM
Draupadi

Reged: 07/16/05
Loc: Santa Cruz, California

Hi Guys,

I've still been having a really hard time lately...I feel like I did ok today though, in terms of eating. It is difficult for me to get in the calories I need sometimes, especially when I am feeling this bloated and crampy all day long. Here's what I had today:

*banana and soy coffee, tiny bite of quiche

*fake bacon sandwich with lettuce, tomatoe, and sprouts on sourdough

*quinoa, black beans, and spring mix salad with avocado

*a glass of white whine, reduced fat wheat thins with soy cream cheese, and a few raspberries

Hope you all had a wonderful day!

--------------------
Julia

Oh brilliant! new
      #229537 - 12/06/05 01:32 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I eat loads of them cos I love them and they're low GI AND SF high. Why can't you eat them?

Daupadi new
      #229575 - 12/06/05 07:49 AM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Hi Julie

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling so yucky right now
I don't know if you're looking for advice on your diet, so if you *aren't* just stop reading right now because I really don't want to offend or pry or anything like that, ok?

But it seems to me that there are at least a couple things in what you ate today that would make me terribly bloaty and crampy.

- the lettuce, tomato and sprouts on your sandwich would all do me in (some people can handle a bit of raw tomato just fine though)

- then MORE lettuce (or other *raw* greens) in a spring mix salad - I'd be doubled over in pain... was there dressing on the salad?

- and of course, the glass of white wine, plus soy cream cheese is often high in fat and with raw raspberries - for me the reduced fat wheat thins wouldn't be enough to get me through this meal

I'd say if you're still struggling a lot with your IBS, to take out some of these 'iffy' foods and up your SF - just keep it safe for a while until your gut gets happier again. Not saying you should go back to the 'what to eat when you can't eat anything diet' (have you done that though? just for a few days?), but maybe just cut back on some of the more difficult foods. Even the black beans could be causing you problems.

Again, I'm not usually one to give unsolicited advice but you seem like you're suffering. If you've tried the diet and it didn't work or if your suffering is not even from IBS or whatever - obviously just ignore my advice I hate it when people nitpick about my diet but this *is* an IBS board... But anyway, hopefully this will be helpful to you and not offensive!

#229579 - 12/06/05 08:06 AM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

feeling very burnt-out lately. strange, since i'm not *that* busy. hrm. was at a benefit for work till 11, scraping chocolate off a carpet, among other things. boo. oh well.

1 pc spelt w/ jam

kaiser roll
luna bar

white rice w/ teriyaki sauce
low-fat chocolate chip oat bar
lite soy milk

luna bar

crackers & skinny breadsticks
2 cookies
1/2 glass white wine
1 hershey's kiss

fruity pebbles w/ ff soy milk

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

#229595 - 12/06/05 08:59 AM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

I feel EXTREMELY yucky today!! Went to bed feeling sick, woke up at 2:00am sick and finally fell back asleep at 4:00. I woke up feeling fine, took my fiber, felt fine.....an hour later D attack!! I don't think today will be a very good food day......Blah!!! I don't even want to think about food right now. I don't even remember eating anything yesterday that is any different than any other day!!! I did drink some catnip tea, which I have never done before. Maybe it was that?????????

2 Mini Bagels
Anise Tea

Homemade Fries
5 Almonds

Mashed potato/mushroom quesadilla
Angel Food Cake
Chamomile Tea

Nilla Wafers
Mashed potato burrito
Catnip Tea

Felt like crap the rest of the night! Went to the HFS and almost threw up while I was in there! Had a major attack. Bought some anti-nausea stuff while I was in there and made it home, okay, Thank God!!!

Please Kill Me!!
I feel like crap!

Michelle

Home made

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Michelle--I feel really queasy too. new
      #229627 - 12/06/05 10:22 AM
Wind

I had that witching hour lurch/nearly hurl feeling, too. It's terrible re: how much Pepto. I've been taking.
You sound like you need some brothy soup/saltines.

I think that we've both just got really nervous tummies. I've been nibbling on saltines for "breakfast" and feel much better. Give it a shot, perhaps?

I'm keeping it REALLY plain, today. Cold air really helps, as do cool beverages/foods.

Kate.

Re: Oh brilliant! new
      #229629 - 12/06/05 10:24 AM
Wind

Linz--they give me HUGE headaches and quite often D-attacks.

Kate.

Re: Michelle--I feel really queasy too. new
      #229631 - 12/06/05 10:36 AM
anlikerm

Kate, we must be connected at the gut! How is it that we pretty much feel crappy on the same days??? I took a BUNCH of pepto and 3 Imodium today, to stop the D! I'm gonna be backed up now, but I had to. It wouldn't stop!!!

I have been taking it very easy, today, too. THIS SUCKS!!
I'll try the saltines. The bagel stayed down, but not very well. I had to go lay down for about 30 minutes to get the nausea to pass. I woke up very acidic this morning but I thought I was going to be okay after I took my fiber.
NOPE!!! CRAP!!!

OH, well.....tomorrow's another day, I guess.

I ate a 1/2 a luna bar, yesterday and it was nuts over chocolate. So, honestly I think it was the chocolate. I don't think I can tolerate it right now. It's not dairy, in the Luna, but it's still cocoa. I'm going to have to lay off cocoa for a while, I think. That's the only thing I ate yesterday that was any different than any other day. Or, it could just be my nerves, too!! Who knows!!

Keep me posted on how you're doing today, k???
Feel better soon!!

*SUPER HUGS*!
Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Re: michelle / luna bars new
      #229634 - 12/06/05 10:47 AM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

hey michelle. i'm sorry you're feeling so crappy. i hope it passes, soon.

wrt the luna bar, even though they're safe, i don't count them as one of my super-safe, when-i'm-sick foods. they've got too much fat, and they're just not the easiest thing - the fiber, nuts, chocolate, vitamins. even though they're delicious and good for you, i stay away from them when i'm feeling iffy. hope that helps.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

Re: Thanks, Jaimie! They're out for now, I believe!! ~nt~ new
      #229637 - 12/06/05 11:17 AM
anlikerm

--------------------
Unstable

Re: Daupadi new
      #229640 - 12/06/05 11:29 AM
Draupadi

Hey,

Thanks so much for your reply...I know a lot of the things I've been eating are "iffy," and I've sort of been beating myself up about it lately...I have tried that BTC diet for a few days, and found that it helped a little, but it seemed to make me really lethargic.

To complicate matters, I am a recovering anorexic, and it is often very hard for me to get all the nutrients I need (hence the fruits and veggies) and the calories I need (hence the fat).

That said, I know there are some things I could definitely cut out...namely alcohol, which I've been drinking quite a bit of lately, primarily due to my frequent anxiety attacks...NOT a good solution, I know.

I'm also a college student, and often find it difficult to plan what to eat in advance, because I'm often out, or I cook dinner with my roommates. Most of the time, I think I'm doing alright, but then I look at my post of what I've eaten for the day, and it looks pretty awful.

Again, thank you for your advice and support. I am happy to hear from you, and I don't feel at all offended by anything you wrote, although I do appreciate the disclaimer. Part of the reason I've started posting my daily food intake is so that I can get feedback from others who are struggling.

Take care, and thanks again!

--------------------
Julia

Re: Daupadi new
      #229714 - 12/06/05 02:17 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Phew, I'm glad you weren't offended I just know that I'm am so tired of people I don't even know nitpicking me about the stuff I eat.

First of all, what you ate today was not at all horrible In fact, it's incredibly healthy! So good for you on that. Unfortunately sometimes what's healthy for most people is not healthy for an IBS gut.

I'm in college too so I totally know what you mean about having to cook and plan meals and stuff... there's hardly time is there??? ESPECIALLY at this time of year. Sheesh, here I am telling you about your diet but I wouldn't even want to tell you what I ate this week between all my essays and exams, lol! Pretty IBS safe I guess but not exactly healthy!

Anyway, now that I've totally discredited myself... lol It just takes time, really, with IBS. You might have to concede to not eating loads and loads of fruits and vegetables at first just to give your gut time to stabilize a little, and then you can start adding them back in. Don't meant that you shouldn't eat them at all, but maybe stick to some safer ones? At least for a while. I know it's tough with trying to get enough calories (there are *a lot* of people recovering from anorexia who have IBS, btw), but just try to load up on good, safe SF stuff like bread and pasta and rice (Atkins would be rolling over in his grave, lol).

And oh, alcohol. My vice too, especially wine but I've been sooooo much better since I just gave it up completely.

Anyway, must run (so many essays to write, so little time! haha). Hope you're managing to stay not toooo stressed out during this time!

Retrograde... new
      #229878 - 12/07/05 10:53 AM
Draupadi

I know what you mean about other people preaching to you about your diet...it can feel a bit judgemental at times. But I sincerely appreciate your helpful responses, as well as your consideration for my feelings!

Yesterday, I ate much less of the harsher fruits and veggies that are considered "healthy" for non-IBSers,
and more tummy-friendly starches like bagels and breads, and (surprise!) felt much better than the day before.

Of course, I beat myself up a bit for "eating badly" by my old nutritional standards, but overcoming that kind of mindset it a big part of what this struggle is about for me.

Finals week is so tough! On top of all my papers and exams, I was working, and preparing to move, so you can imagine how that stress has been affecting both my diet and my symptoms. But I just turned in my last paper yesterday, and I'm looking forward to relaxing!

I hope you're well, and that your finals go wonderfully!

Take Care,

--------------------
Julia

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 95 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6351

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review