All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
REPORTING IN - 12/2/05
      #228716 - 12/02/05 08:14 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 12/2 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 12/2/05 new
      #228929 - 12/02/05 08:26 PM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

1 piece of white spelt w/ jam

3 hardboiled egg whites
fruity pebbles w/ lite soy milk

baked sweet potato (w/ skin)
1/2 c apple sauce (unsweetened, of course)

low-fat chocolate cookie
1 c lite soy milk

1 dark chocolate truffle

8 wheat thins
1 ff devil's food cookie
instant grits w/ ff soy milk & maple syrup

1 piece white spelt
veggie soup
casey's chocolate cake for one

gym!: 50 min elliptical (and at a higher level than usual - pushed myself, which felt great), 60 crunches, 20 pushups. (i'm totally gonna be sore tomorrow.)

all that talk about carob & chocolate got me craving chocolate... as you can see. but it's in context of a day with fruits, vegetables, very low fat, and a total calorie count under 1700 or so. with an intense gym workout, i think that it totally fine.

going to dc for the weekend (mini-vacation w/ the roommate), so i'll talk to you all sunday night or monday.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

#228939 - 12/03/05 01:44 AM
Draupadi

Reged: 07/16/05
Loc: Santa Cruz, California

Hey...I'm super tired, headed to bed after a long but fun girls night out!

*peanut butter panda puffs, banana, soymilk

*avocado and veggie sandwich, carrot sticks

*larabar, soy yogurt, and coffee with kahlua

*pasta with marinara sauce, shrimp, and garlic bread, plus a small bite of cookie

*rice cracker with almond butter...late night snack!

Good night!

--------------------
Julia

#228940 - 12/03/05 02:26 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I really hurt! I didn't have a 4 a.m. Pepto. dash, which rocks. I did sleep/nap sitting up, though, and pop some Gas-X before bed. I know, however, that after the initial withdrawal is over, I will feel like a new woman. Believe it or not, sleeping/napping helps as does COLD AIR.

Crispix (I'm sticking to cereals that I like/that like me!)

eggplant (peeled), cremini mushrooms ***i blanched the eggplant for 1 min. prior to baking and it gave it such a nice soft texture! a little wine vinegar and parsley and yum!***

creamy asparagus soup (just pureed asparagus in a little organic stock)
saltines

safe purple potatoe fries, portabellini mushrooms
zucchini sticks

some leftover purple potatoe fries
green beans (these are great quitting smoking munchies! ditto for mushrooms!)

No caffeinated coffee
Lots of Advil
No cigarettes, either.

Can you believe that I cannot sleep without the stim.? Warped, I know. Cold Canadian Air really helps.
Also, re: withdrawal D--Immodium is helping, but I am trying not to O.D. on it. I did two yesterday. I also thought that maybe I'd better do a little chewing, instead of mostly a smooth/baby-ish food. It was well cooked, though, and safe.

Kate.

#228951 - 12/03/05 06:32 AM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

Mini Bagel
Chamomile Tea

Homemade Fries (A bunch!! Got really full!!)
Anise Tea

Angel Food Cake
Mashed potato/squash and zucchini Quesadilla
Chamomile Tea

Cream of Wheat (Bloat attack!)

Mashed Potato Burrito
5 Fortune Cookies (couldn't eat just one!)

That's it, yesterday. I just ate a bunch of potatoes, it looks like!! I was bloated, gassy, full most of the day.

Woke up with tummy ache at 1:30am Sat morn and couldn't go back to sleep until about 5:00! So, we'll see how today goes!!
I had a pepto dash Kate! I don't know why!!! Well, I haven't eaten squash/zucchini in a long time. Maybe it was that??? I ate pretty safe all day!!

Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

#228967 - 12/03/05 08:36 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Luna Bar (in case you're wondering, it's aways the chocolate peppermint stick flavor)

Cripsix
toast

Soy Dream frozen dessert

leftover chicken
corn tortilla chips

Luna Bar

chicken broth w/ shiitake mushrooms, garlic, carrots
steamed broccoli
mashed potatoes

Crispix
Silk Nog

#228974 - 12/03/05 08:46 AM
anlikerm

You and your 2 Luna bars a day had me very curious about what I was missing out on. So, I bought a Lemon Zest Luna Bar last week and it didn't sit too well with me. But, I ate the whole thing AND I'm not very stable right now.

Did you eat them when you were unstable??? Did they help you stabilize??? Do they help keep you stabilized because of all the nutrients and fiber??? I really liked it and wanna try it again. These things are really good......should I just take it slower and only eat a little bit a day until I can handle a whole one???

Thanks!
Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Michelle new
      #228985 - 12/03/05 09:01 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Yes, I started eating them when I was unstable (although not at my worst - I wasn't having D, just a lot of pain and sad poos). Sometimes they're the only thing I CAN eat when I have an attack. It must be that they're a good source of SF and calcium, as you mentioned. However, I started out eating only 1/2 bar for the first week, then moved on to eating a full bar. I wonder if the lemon zest was enough to aggravate your acid reflux and if this in turn triggered an attack? In that case, the chocolate peppermint flavor probably wouldn't be good for you since two of the main ingredients are acid reflux triggers (chocolate and peppermint). If you can do a little chocolate, I would recomend the Nutz over Chocolate, but I would probably try eating 1/2 Lemon Zest again and see how that affects you. It does contain inulin, which causes gas in some people, but I've never had that problem.

HTH! Gotta run - I'm late to work! Take care, Michelle!

Re: Thanks, Maria! new
      #228989 - 12/03/05 09:12 AM
anlikerm

Hi Maria!!

NO, I have been having perfectly normal BM's this week with the help of 1/2 imodium everyday or every other day. Just pain, urgency, and cramps and of course the indigestion associated with my acid reflux!!

Thank you for the advice. I will try a 1/2 of nutz over chocolate or one of the other flavors, like you did for a week and see how it goes. I need the nutrition, bad. I am not getting enough through diet alone because of (once again!!) my acid reflux........

The Lemon Zest seemed to go down pretty good, it was later on in the night that I had a little bit of tummy trouble and the next morning when I felt it with a couple loose BM's. So, I don't think it was the reflux, it may have been too much fiber in one sitting for me. I don't know.....I really liked it and wanna try them again because I need the extra calories (I'm really trying to gain weight) and vitamins. Yea, the chocolate peppermint one probably wouldn't sit well with me at all!! But it sounds soooo yummy!!!!!!! I love both, peppermint and chocolate.

Have you been reading my posts in the living room?? I bet chocolate helped contribute to my reflux coming back this time. I have to eat chocolate every day!! I haven't had any chocolate at all in months!! I was just venting about it in the living room all day, yesterday. I'm going crazy not being able to eat chocolate anymore and I am going to give in, here shortly.....or I'm gonna die....don't know which one will come first!?! LOL!!

Thanks again!! Sorry I made you late for work!!

Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Hey Michelle! new
      #228992 - 12/03/05 09:24 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I had a Pepto. dash, too, but not until 8 a.m. Withdrawal makes me really queasy/nauseated.

Hmmm...potatoes don't make me bloated. However, I do note that they are really filling/satisfying--heavy due to their weight (not calories). I cannot stomach a whole cup of potatoes, in one feed, personally, but then again, I do eat other foods, generally, in conjunction with them, that are higher in water content. Maybe you need some variety? If I'm feeling really bloated/stuffed--, I tend to stick to rice, or crackers, etc., or skip a "starch" food and have one as a snack, substituting a high SF veggie or fruit. I think, actually, that we both have shrunken guts.

It's funny, but I have to leave room for SF foods, i.e. I'm still becoming good friends with them, having shifted from my old habits.

'Taters, though, are really yummy and one of my favourite "fast-foods," i.e. really quick to prep.! And so versatile!

Kate.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 74 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10623

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review