All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 12/1/05
      #228449 - 12/01/05 08:34 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 12/1 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 12/1/05 new
      #228709 - 12/02/05 07:45 AM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

a much better day. (well, i was crampy, which dampens the appetite. but at least there's an upside!) after dinner i got, for the first time in a while, that burning in my stomach. i really think it's gas-related rather than acid-related. it just feels more like that. i took some gas-x before bed, and slept with a heating pad on my stomach for a little while. so far, this morning, i feel fine. it seems to be related to my period - that's when it happened last time. so maybe those fennel caps weren't the culprit - i'll try those again i a few days. didn't make it to the gym - felt i needed an evening on the couch - but I AM GOING TONIGHT. mark my words.

1 piece white spelt w/ jam

kaiser roll
banana

quaker take heart w/ ff soy milk

fruity pebbles w/ ff soy milk

spiru-tein w/ ff soy milk

1 ff devil's food cookie
a few reduced-fat wheat thins

chik patty on white spelt w/ reduced-fat mayo
oven fries w/ ketchup
(i think the higher-fatness of this is what upset my stomach - i've been fine with ketchup)

a sort of bland day, but hey, that's the life of an ibs-er. and that's a lot of soy milk, but hey, at least i know i'm getting calcium.

oh, and!: 3 times through my arms workout. (it had been way too long since last time i did that.) and i got off the bus several blocks early, so i had a goodly long walk.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

#228712 - 12/02/05 07:52 AM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

Mini Bagel
Anise Tea

Oatmeal Bread/peanut butter
Mini Bagel
Chamomile Tea

Homemade bakes fries
Angel Food Cake
Mashed potato/mushroom bake
Chamomile Tea

Cream of Wheat

Mashed potato burrito
Chamomile Tea

Better day, today, than yesterday!! Thank goodness! Not much gas, bloating, reflux. Very happy......slept better, too, which I think has alot to do with how my reflux is going to act the next day.

Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

#228734 - 12/02/05 09:13 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Luna Bar

toast
Crispix

Soy Dream frozen dessert

1/2 PB sandwich
Satsuma

Luna Bar

baked chicken
steamed broccoli & carrots
mashed potatoes

Crispix

#228740 - 12/02/05 09:29 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Actually, in retrospect, a "bad food" day, i.e. not enough calories.

--Corn Flakes (evil things that left this gag-me aftertaste, therefore they have been confiscated/trashed.)

Skipped lunch/just napped apathetically

--saltines
--2 really sour dill pickles

--shitake mushrooms and rice
--not so spicy spinach (pureed) (felt kind of Thai)
--zucchini & carrot slaw (with seasoned rice vinegar)

--teddy grahams

Thanks everyone--the Immodium Advanced is working like a charm.

Kate.

Re: Kate/Imodium new
      #228744 - 12/02/05 09:33 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I'm glad to hear it's working. It looks like you're eating very well, but I know what you mean about not getting enough calories. Still, I wouldn't call it a bad food day.

Ooh, Teddy Grahams. What flavor do you like best?

#228745 - 12/02/05 09:39 AM
anlikerm

Corn flakes EVIL!! So are Frosted flakes!!!

Glad the Imodium is working!!!! That's really good news!!

Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Honey Teddy Grahams, &-- new
      #228795 - 12/02/05 12:03 PM
Wind

Isn't it hard to find safe cookies? Any favourites?

Kate.

P.S. Immodium is a very very good thing. Especially since I'm not smoking (I re-quit) and I guess all those toxins/pollutants are going through me really fast. It's terrible, but that gag-me habit is so IBS-nasty, not to mention lethal. I think I'm going to get some patches, though. I already tried the hypno. and it worked for a month.

Sorry, I feel really "blech" today. My hyper-stimulated brain is just to detoxified! And NO UFO coffee either--sends me running! Oh dear, I'm too straight and clean--thank goodness.

Besides, it's too cold to sneak outside for a smoke in Canada and I can't stand the smell of it inside.

Okay, I have confessed.

But, yes, I like the honey (teddy grahams) best at the moment. Must find some good ginger or cinnamon cookies.
In my case, I know it's better to have cookies instead of cauliflower. I suspect that they would make great dippers for your beloved Soy Dream. Or, they could give you that cookies & cream effect.

Kate.

Re:WHAAAAA HOOOOOOO KATE!!!! new
      #228818 - 12/02/05 01:04 PM
anlikerm

Good for you, girl! I'm sooo amazingly proud of you!!! And you have no idea how much better you will feel after the detox stage. I felt like total crap last month, but I think I'm starting to get it all out of my system, finally!! I just hope I never start that mess back up again but I know I will if I can't eat chocolate for very much longer!!!! LOL!!! Hell, chocolate has still got to be better than cigarettes, right???

Help me out, here. Say yes....... I don't know how in the world you quit smoking and coffee in the same day!!?? OMG, I would really hate to be around you right now!!!! Just kidding!! I was moody enough, not smoking. I couldn't imagine cutting out nicotine AND caffeine AT THE SAME TIME!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! HAPPY DANCE, HAPPY DANCE!!!!
Stick with it.....you can do it!!! I quit cold turkey with nothing....so if you get a patch, it will help you better, I think. Cold Turkey, Sucks!!!!!!!!!
Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

#228853 - 12/02/05 02:23 PM
Wind

Thank G*d for Advil! (And the inventors of Immodium)

I'm doing some green tea and decaf. I'm going to see if I can find some teecino around here.

Kate.

#228857 - 12/02/05 02:33 PM
anlikerm

Right!?!? I bet you're having major headaches....I did too. It took about a week for them to pass. Try to hang in there!!! It will get better!

I know how hard it is!! Looking back on the 12 years that I smoked ~ I quit 5 times!! For 9 months at a time, almost exactly!!. That's my track record. My friends in the Navy would always count down the months until I started again.....they knew me very well. My husband said "Well, at least we know you will be able to quit long enough to have a baby." (If I were to ever get pregnant).

I've been on Birth Control since I was 14, too, so I don't even know if I could get pregnant.

Anyway, lets see....it's been 2 months. So, I still have 7 months to go before I start again! I really hope I don't. I really hate smoking. If the doctor doesn't break down and give me something for these panic/anxiety attacks, I won't have a choice, though. I cannot deal with these attacks. Smoking does keep me pretty panic free.....That's about the only good thing it does for me, though. Tears my Gut to @#$%!!! LOL!

Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Re: kate & quitting new
      #228859 - 12/02/05 02:36 PM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

good for you! i think you will end up feeling *so* much better. i know how hard it can be (i watched my mother quit several times before it stuck). just know that we're here for you!!

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

OMG Kate! new
      #228869 - 12/02/05 03:09 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

You were smoking AND drinking coffee!? No wonder you haven't been stable! Even my occasional cheat coffee makes me a bit rumbly...if I had one everyday I'd be having D all the time again!

#228891 - 12/02/05 04:57 PM
Draupadi

Reged: 07/16/05
Loc: Santa Cruz, California

Hey Guys,

Here's how yesterday went:

*ginger zing granola with soymilk, strawberries, and tea

*veggie burger with vegan cheese and sprouts, spring mix salad

*tortilla chips, brown rice and black beans with sauteed bell pepper and onions

*Almond Windmeal cookies (similar to graham crackers...mmmm)

--------------------
Julia

Linz, coffee is my BINGE 'beverage!' new
      #228894 - 12/02/05 05:16 PM
Wind

Caffeine is my number one binge non-food. The past month, I have cheated obscenely with coffee (i.e. more than a cup). Yes more than 2. Okay even more than 3 and often more than 4.

So, I've been highly unstable. However, NO MORE!!! I must take it one day at a time. I have been popping Advil every four or five hours. Green tea helps. Yes, it hurts. (Caffeine is a huge painkiller!)

So, I've been beyond good with no caffeine beyond green tea.

And well, the non-smoking thing has me going outdoors in the freezing cold just to inhale Cold Canadian winter air. The cold helps chill out my withdrawal. However, I'm ordering those patches, a.s.a.p.

So, over the next week, the dark cloud will we leaving me and I hope that I feel increasingly better.

I'm just going to be a mega-b!tcH. Must get a scratching board, lol!

Kate.

jaime re: losing habits new
      #228895 - 12/02/05 05:24 PM
Wind

i hope this one loses me fast. i've done it before for years at a time. actually, the NICODERM patch helps. so does hypno., but you need to maintain the hypno. (it's not just a one shot deal.)

losing desired nasty habits (i.e. having smoking quit me, evicting the inner smoker) makes me a huge suck, totally infantile. yes, bad habits are blankets.

so, adieu, cigarettes. (hello carrots???) might have to find some candy that will probably give me heartburn. that's okay, though. my guts really hate smoking and are protesting violently. when you start sparking one up , having a puff and a half and putting it out because it makes you run to the can, it's obvious how evil it is on IBS.

i just really hurt, today and am in a huge brain fog. lots of water. tons of music. doing headstands, too.

thanks for your support.
kate.

Re: Kate's Mom's favourite cookies new
      #228927 - 12/02/05 08:16 PM
Wind

My mother's favourite cookies are "BOWEL BUDDIES."

They have 11g or so of fiber/cookie and come wrapped in 2 packs. I think they would really be painful/butt-breaking.
Once, I ate a few (more than 2), not knowing what they were. Big mistake.
So, now, I reclaim my priviledge to safe cookies.

My mother is big on holier than thou wholegrains and never accomodates me when I am a guest. This is not nice. She judges me rather negatively for choosing not to eat wholegrains. I no longer allow this to impact my food choices. Indeed, I am free of caring what my mother thinks of what I eat. I eat what feels good inside of my guts.

Kate.

Hehe! new
      #229058 - 12/03/05 04:00 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Love ya Kate! Humor whilst in withdrawal is impressive! I've learnt to just not talk to anyone for a week i I'm in withdrawal from anything.

What is your pain? I actually use caffeine as a painkiller for headaches I can't get rid of to do with the Fibro so I know how well it works! Wouldn't Tylenol be better for you than Advil?

Remember that green tea is actually quite high caffeine...try and cut down on that soon!

Good luck!!!!

Re: Honey Teddy Grahams, &-- new
      #233919 - 12/27/05 10:12 AM
Jackey

Reged: 12/27/05
Loc: Orlando, Florida

Kate, Sorry, I didn't introduce myself earlier (regarding "Sleeping Problems". I am newly diagnosed with IBS. Started in March 2005 but diagnosed in August 2005. Since then I've improved a lot, but still have set backs. But, to your point here, YES, love the Teddy Grahams. Also found Newman's Cinnamon Alphabet Squares, and for chocolate lovers like me, Newman's Chocolate Alphabet Squares (made with unsweetened cocoa).

Hey Jackey! new
      #233942 - 12/27/05 01:24 PM
Wind

Thanks! I found some yummy GF vanilla animal cookies (Nature's Path) for when/if the mood strikes. Hmmm...maybe they have a chocolate variety??? Must confess--I'm more of a SALT lover. It's funny, but I get late night veg. sushi cravings! Warped. Found some seaweed rice crackers, though. Not bad. I have some wasabi ones, too! Those Newman's Own, though, sound interesting! Confession: I had 20g Organic Dairy-free Dark
Chocolate last night. Decadent. I WISH I could find green tea flavoured something!!! I used to LOVE this Green Tea soy "ice cream."

Maybe my seaweed/sea veg. & chocolate cravings (and coffee) are related to my recent journey in abstaining from smoking (over 3 weeks with aid of Nicoderm Patch). I know that Phenylalanine & Tryptophan are helpful amino acids for recovering from addictions. Seaweed is really high in phenylalaline. Ditto for chocolate.

Kate.

Re: Hey Jackey! new
      #235679 - 01/04/06 02:12 PM
Jackey

Reged: 12/27/05
Loc: Orlando, Florida

Yes, I crave sushi and fish & seaweed or spinach, ESPECIALLY after a Yoga practice. I thought that was very strange. And, thanks for the tip on the Organic Dark Chocolate! Where did you find it? What's the brand name? Also, I am a "C" as they say. I was wondering if cravings correspond with the type of IBS...do you know?

Re: Hey Jackey! new
      #235766 - 01/04/06 06:06 PM
Wind

Well, I'm IBS-D. I doubt that there is a correlation between types of IBS & cravings. Honestly, I KNOW I don't stand a chance of sleeping without having eaten my greens. THEY GIVE ME SUCH A MEGA-SHOT of tryptophan. Seaweed totally mellows me out mentally. It doesn't render me unconscious. It's a kind of calm wakefulness versus pumped feeling. I like salty. I like bitter. Spinach/greens give me that post-turkey kind of feeling. MUST BE THE MEGA hit of magnesium. (Thank goodness, spinach puree is my most safe veg., especially combined with mushrooms! Toss in some seaweed and holy rock-a-bye baby a few hours later!) I think I'm going to start eating spinach/egg white omelettes/frittatas again. I guess, it takes awhile to figure out our individual magick-foods/food formulas.

Confession: I've even had spinach for those weird "too hungry to get back to sleep" middle of the night episodes.
I still get them, but they don't freak me out. I just honour them with a snack & a cup or two of tea.

Some people find great pre-bedtime calm in a hot "toddy." When I was into protein shakes, that would do the trick. Some hot soy milk might do the trick, too. A safe hot cocoa or chai?

Hope you're sleeping better!

Re: the organic non-dairy dark chocolate--sorry, I don't have the wrapper anymore. I'm sure a nearby HFS will have something safe.

Kate.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 45 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10935

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review