All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
REPORTING IN - 11/30/05
      #227821 - 11/28/05 03:49 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 11/30 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 11/30/05 new
      #228435 - 12/01/05 07:37 AM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

ugh. yucky day. got my period, ate lots of not-very-good food (chocolate-covered biscotti bites, mostly), then went to the theatre with my dad (which was awesome), but started feeling ibs-iffy during the show (a couple of bites of his gelato at dinner probably didn't help), which i *hate*, and hasn't happened in a while (feeling an attack coming in a theatre). made it through the show fine (with the help of some immodium), but it still feels lame. and now i'm all *hormonal* and *emotional*, and tired and crampy... and, obviously, very much in the mood to complain. planning on sticking to safe, carby, crunchy foods today - when i'm like this i crave textury foods, so i've got a tupperware of fruity pebbles to keep me going, and a spiru-tein shake, since it's so rich. (also staying off the new flax oil caps till i'm more settled - no need to add fat.) hopefully i'll have tonight free and make it to the gym. i'm so frustrated that this is coming right after thanksgiving - i'd really wanted to get back on track, but it just hurts more to fight against this. i figure i burn about 2100 calories in a day, so even my 'bad' days are under that, so i'm fine in the long run, but i want to get back to making progress. hopefully my mind'll clear in a day or two. but back to yesterday...

white spelt w/ jam (my new pre-work bit-of-breakfast plan - i like it)

1/2 c apple sauce
2 ff devil's food cookies (50cal ea, fyi)

5 biscotti bites

small bowl of spinach linguini w/ fake meatballs & tomato sauce

quaker take heart oatmeal w/ ff soy milk
3 biscotti bites
3 werther's

baked doritos
a few more biscotti bites (4? jesus. they had these out at work, and i just kept going back...)

small piece of bread w/ roasted pepper spread
pasta in white wine sauce (it came w/ veggies, too, but after all the junk i wasn't very hungry, so i only ate a few bites. i took the leftovers to bring home, but the box was leaking sauce so i had to throw it out. i *hate* wasting food.)
a few bites of caramel gelato (big mistake. and my dad was encouraging me to eat more of it - it's not at all his fault, but i wish he took my ibs more seriously, like my mom. but she knows more about it and heard more from me when it was bad, so.)

fruity pebbles w/ ff soy milk (when i got home around midnight i was *hungry*, so i ate.)

sigh.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

Edited by jaime g (12/01/05 07:54 AM)

#228452 - 12/01/05 08:48 AM
Draupadi

Reged: 07/16/05
Loc: Santa Cruz, California

*bowl of shredded oats with strawberries and soy milk, tea

*half plain bagel with tuna salad, spring mix salad with chickpeas

*soy yogurt and banana

*rice crackers with peanut butter

Not too bad...I think I may have OD'd a little bit on the peanut butter last night, but I seem to be ok for the time being...

Hope you're all well,

--------------------
Julia

#228457 - 12/01/05 09:04 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Okay--I'm back on the Immodium Advanced and feel a zillion times better!

Had this bizarre/huge/out of the blue craving for CAULIFLOWER & BROCCOLI (honoured it, safely!)

I don't go out of my way to eat major fiber--it just sort of happens. I think, though, vegetarians do eat more fiber. Still honouring self--if I'm not in the mood, no force feeding.

Yesterday's food:

saltines

purple potatoe
pureed cauliflower ("faux-tatoes")
zucchini slaw (cooked, but eaten cold)

homemade soup (Imagine Asian chicken stock, carrots, 1/4 c. dry noodles, celery, broccoli, shitatke mushrooms)***4 bowls, but not in one sitting! *** (next time, though, I'll use rice/rice noodles as I prefer the texture) Used Retrograde/Laurels' technique)

2 fortune cookies.

Kate.

Edited by Wind (12/01/05 09:05 AM)

#228488 - 12/01/05 10:58 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Luna Bar
Crispix

tortilla
strawberry soy yogurt smoothie

Luna Bar
toast

garlic, mushrooms, & carrots in chicken broth
mashed potatoes

Soy Dream frozen dessert

toast

Didn't eat very well today. Was busy most of the morning and afternoon, and I forgot to eat anything between 10 am and 3:00pm. Because I've been feeling so good and being stable I want to do things and enjoy life. But the truth is I've been having problems sleeping since Sunday night, and Wednesday night I only slept two hours because of pain, pain, and more pain, everywhere. And I've been pushing myself to do "normal" things, physical things, that my body isn't ready for. So it caught up with me, and now I feel gross. I'm so tired, I don't even know if I'm making sense and a Bjork poster above my computer is spinning. Wheeeeee.

Maria, take care of you... new
      #228524 - 12/01/05 12:06 PM
Wind

Maria,

I hope the pain dissipates. Take care of you.

P.S. You ate awesomely. Often, when there's pain, we eat less or differently because the pain is so THERE/absorbing. Also, pain killers tend to numb the appetite (I'm not sure if you had any.)

Today's another day. Different days have different needs/desires/moods. I always say re: food/food issues--today's a new day.

Kate.

Re: Thank you, Kate... new
      #228544 - 12/01/05 01:06 PM
lalala

Your support means a lot!

No, I don't have any pain killers; my doctor has never prescribed any for me and I don't even know what to ask for. I haven't had luck with anti-spasmodics, Tylenol does nothing, and Ibuprofen just adds to other problems. Plus, the pain isn't only IBS pain - it sort of all over. I've had enough blood tests to know it's not due to any other condition and maybe the insomnia and pain is fibromyalgia, but I don't even know how to bring that up to my doctor when I see her! And I just don't know if I can deal with another syndrome right now, you know. I figure since the pain isn't constant and not always debilitating, I have to find out other ways to help myself. Right now it's heat therapy: heat pads, tea, hot showers, lying down in front of the heater, looking at glossy pics of hot guys.

I had to call in sick today, so I'm feeling guilty and frustrated about that. And then I get angry because why should I feel guilty about feeling so bad? Anyway, aside from the guilt, emotionally I feel good and positive about life in general. I have hope! The pain is slowly going away - I'm just tired and bored.

Re: maria/fibro new
      #228545 - 12/01/05 01:12 PM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

i know you don't want to add another syndrome, but it does sound like it could be fibro. (i don't have fibro, but my best friend does, so i have a second-hand experience with it.)

whether you get diagnosed or not, you have whatever it is, fibro or not. being able to name it means being able to do something about it - even fibro can be manageable. you have nothing to lose by bringing it up with your doctor, and there's a real possibility she can help. 'not always debilitating' doesn't mean 'okay to live with.' that's not something you should have to bear.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

Re: Jaime new
      #228553 - 12/01/05 01:37 PM
lalala

Everything you've said is exactly what I would have told a friend if she were in my situation. And it's what I've told myself before, but there's still a part of me that's scared to name it, to prove that it exists in me. I'm afraid that I'll be defined by these illnesses and I'll lose myself in them.

I've always been one of those people who says "I'm fine" no matter how I'm feeling, so when I see my doctor I'm usually upbeat and positive, making jokes about IBS. It took me years before I could talk to anyone, family, friends, bf, about IBS. It took several years to finally admit to myself and my doctor that I was having panic attacks and was slowly isolating myself from people. I know I'm only hurting myself by downplaying my symptoms, but asking for help is the hardest thing for me to do in all areas of life. I'm used to being the helper, not the helpless.

I appreciate your frankness and honesty, Jaime. It helps when someone else can put into words the truth of a situation.

A day off-- new
      #228580 - 12/01/05 02:36 PM
Wind

Maria,

You're bagged. You're doing the right thing. Rest, etc. I like the "hot guy pic." option, too. Journal, log re: symptoms.

I doubt it's all in your head. It's one of those challenging to diagnose things. How receptive is your M.D.?
Knowledge provides options/power.

Kate.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 33 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4056

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review