All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Re: Hey, Kate! new
      #228255 - 11/30/05 10:48 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I'm not sure if it's the sugar, or the oats, but I felt like I had eaten cheetos or something and nearly "bleched." I had to confiscate them and walk off that ick feeling and then just take a nap to get the sticky feeling out of my brain.

I suspect that plain Corn Flakes would have been fine. Those Corn Pops just gave me that Cheetos nastiness effect.

Kate.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Yea! new
      #228257 - 11/30/05 10:51 AM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

I haven't tried plain corn flakes. I tried Frosted Flakes and that did not work out very well at all!!! I got soooo sick that day......they're gone!! hehehehehe.....
Yep, out with the trash!! Along with some CHEAP animal crackers I bought yesterday. CHEAP!!! Nasty, and caused instant attack, I think.....

Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Re: Julia! new
      #228258 - 11/30/05 10:51 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Yum! I always thought that quinoa would be divine accompanied by swiss chard with maybe some matchstick carrots added to the quinoa. Great idea!

Have you tried gf waffles? There's a variety with amaranth, quinoa, and another grain, but I cannot think of it at the moment. I used to love this Ancient Grain gf cereal, too.

Great ideas.
Kate.

aha-- new
      #228331 - 11/30/05 02:23 PM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

i was pms'ing and i didn't even know it.

sigh... normally i don't mind these couple of 'off' days, so much happier not fighting the cravings, and just going with them for two days, since i know it's not permanent. but on the heels of thanksgiving, which itself was on the heels of a big day-off... this is just lame. grrr.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

jaime, i'm loving your new userpic, and new
      #228355 - 11/30/05 03:40 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

can I just say, that I've been really, really (really!) admiring the attitudes you've been taking towards food lately. Believe me, I could use some of that lately... stress, time, emotional stuff - my relationship with food has definitely gone down hill lately. But I've been taking a lot of inspiration from what you've been writing in your posts, so I just wanted to say thanks (I may start posting again, to try to work through some of these issues, soon but not right away... after all these essays and exams!)

Yeah, and I love that pic of you! You and your kitty are both positively adorable

Re: jaime, i'm loving your new userpic, and new
      #228438 - 12/01/05 07:45 AM
jaime g

thank you, laurel! it makes me feel good to know that even when you're not posting, you're reading. i like knowing you're out there. and i really appreciate it. (i seriously cribbed a lot of it from that book i was reading a while ago - picture perfect weight loss. even if some of the dietary stuff isn't applicable to ibs, the attitudes he writes about are great.) i've still got a long way to go to really integrate these ways of thinking, to get them to be second nature, but i do think it's helping. so thanks.

--------------------
jaime

#228455 - 12/01/05 09:00 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Jaime!

I too love your new userpic!! (You do not look to me like you need to lose an ounce of weight...)

May I ask what the book you're reading is called?

Enjoy your kitty...she/he is beautiful! :-)

Love,

Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#228464 - 12/01/05 09:25 AM
jaime g

thanks, ruchie! i've actually got a thin face, comparatively. (and when i start to lose weight it always starts in my cheekbones. why it couldn't start in my thighs i'll never know.)

the book is 'picture perfect weight loss,' author's last name is shapiro. i like it very much.

and thank you (and laurel) for the kitten-compliments. i'm completely in love with her.

--------------------
jaime

Re: Julia! new
      #228466 - 12/01/05 09:30 AM
Draupadi

Reged: 07/16/05
Loc: Santa Cruz, California

Hey Kate,

Quinoa and swiss chard is one of my favorite combinations! I haven't tried any of the waffles, but they sound yummy....I love breakfast foods! : )

--------------------
Julia

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 98 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8111

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review