All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
REPORTING IN - 11/13/05
      #224569 - 11/12/05 09:15 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 11/13 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 11/13/05 new
      #224702 - 11/13/05 08:53 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Did not do much beyond go for a few too many UFO beverages and visit with my father as well as a sprint through the grocery store. (coffee was the UFO beverage, in case you're wondering)

--applesauce, 1 c. (honeycrisp, with cinnamon, HOT! divine)

--zucchini "hash" (shredded zucchini tossed with 1/2 c. beaten egg whites, sea salt, white pepper, nutmeg, baked in the microwave) with green beans (SATISFYING, safe, simple, FAST)

--soup: fennel bulb (grated) and green onion with 3 tbsp. grated carrot (1 c.) (my sinuses are stuffed up)

--Far East inspired mixed mushrooms (an obscene quantity of them incorporating babakagirl01's ideas), onion, and spinach puree folded in (2 doses: WOW. Can I say, comfort food? Nerve calming? Also fast/easy/SATISFYING and aromatic/warming) ***supreme hit of tryptophan!***

--okay, you can laugh...BRUSSELS SPROUTS with seasoned rice vinegar for dessert. Not what you expect, but I honestly crave them. They're about 50% SF.

--and, about 7 baby Polish dill pickles. irrisistable.

REVIEW: I feel like a glutton, completely spoiled with all these 'shrooms. They give me such dietary "tryptophan." Holy mellow, Kate. Combine spinach or something green with 'shrooms and well...I am just bathing in that feel good feeling and sense of calm. Yes, I KNOW that there is a food/mind connection. It's really creepy, I suppose when healthy foods elicity that awesome self/world loving response and that warm/calm feeling. It kind of makes me bother the next day.

Sweet dreams from the "enchanted mushroom forest,"
Kate.

#224756 - 11/14/05 07:47 AM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

oatmeal w/ maple syrup & lite soy mill

caramel rice cake

pasta w/ mushrooms & zucchini (& olive oil) (experimented with some impulse-bought fresh herbs - basil and oregano - and it didn't really work. also overcooked the mushrooms. boo.)
luna bar

cocktail party after a reading at work: some grapes, a few (5?) crackers, a little hummus, a dried fig, 1 glass white wine, 1 1/2 glasses apple cider

chocolate soy delicious ice cream

arms workout (my right arm is progressing much more quickly than my left - i guess it started out ahead of the game, but when i make a muscle, it's a major difference. i'm trying to work my left a little more. hopefully it'll catch up.)

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

#224790 - 11/14/05 09:07 AM
CathUK

Reged: 05/25/04
Loc: Cambridge, UK

Thought I might post as I have decided to come off the ADs slowly, so I need to be more careful what I eat.

Apple
Peppermint tea

Lemon and coriander hummous sandwich on granary bread with tomatoes

Chicken stir fry with leeks, zucchini, mushrooms, baby carrots and chopped brussel sprouts.

More peppermint tea

Small bag of oriental crackers
A strictly UFO cake (oops, and yes ouch! )
A few squares of chocolate
Kiwi fruit (also ouch - I think it was too acidic for me)

Not too bad apart from the cake. I've been inspired by Kate (Wind) and am really getting into my fuit and veggies. I had a papaya yesterda and it was lovely!

#224836 - 11/14/05 10:52 AM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

hi friends--heres my foods:

-peppermint tea w/acacia
-*OJ box
-*more cough drops-ricola's lemon-mint
-*strawberry soy yogurt
-small sourdough roll
-*sweet peas
-"vedge" veggie juice

dinner
-*orange juice
-*white rice w/*mushrooms mixed
-*butternut squash & *sweet corn mixed w/*butternut squash soup, sea salt to taste
-*monster vegan chocolate cookie for dessert

later
-3 slices/*brescheta

-water
-2 blueberry teas
-7 hours of bakery/cafe work
-6 psylliums

tomorrow is my R&R day

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

Hey, Cath! new
      #224842 - 11/14/05 11:38 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Way to go! Tons of SF veggies combined with challenging ones really makes a huge difference.

I just thought it was funny that we both were in b.s. (brussels sprouts) mode, yesterday.

I often puree my kiwis--just chop them up and use a hand blender. It's like eating a pudding or custard or pie filling. You're right, though, they are tart/acidic. Maybe blending reduces the acidity by processing the seeds? It's that way with strawberries or raspberries or blackberries, I think. Ditto for bananas. Whenever I have company I usually pick up plain angelfood cake and puree some kiwis and berries and have a kind of "bar." People are surprised, though with the kiwis and how naturally custardy they are. Maybe a chunk of banana would temper the acidity? Actually apple/kiwi is a great combo.

You're inspiring me, too, Cath. One of these days I'll have room in my belly to try out a few of those mini red potatoes I bought. I thought that they might be funky dippers. I suspect that they'd look GORGEOUS beside some herbed brussels sprouts. It's hard for me, I confess, to eat starchy foods, beyond bananas. I'm a survivor of vegetarian-Atkins mentality. I know, however that THEY ARE GOOD for one's mood, in moderation.

Going off AD's in a challenging adjustment, but nutrition and exercise (hehe for me, getting off my butt and HIKING to the mailbox, lol!) makes a big difference.

Papaya sure is heavenly.

Perhaps try angelfood cake as a safe cake substitute? It's really low cal. as well.

Kate.

Re: Hey, Cath! new
      #224998 - 11/15/05 02:59 AM
CathUK

Reged: 05/25/04
Loc: Cambridge, UK

Brussel sprouts are great - as long as you don't boil them to death like my parents seem to do!!!

I'll try the banana/kiwi combo, it sounds great. I can't stand bananas on their own, mainly because when I was really ill they were pretty much all I could eat. Too many bad memories attached to them now!

The more fruit and veg I have, the less I crave more fatty foods, so I can see why you are addicted to veg. Personally I am not a great potato fan, as I find them a bit boring and starchy. I'm more likely to eat rice, rice noodles or pasta.

Tomorrow I think I'll get some grapes, mangoes and green beans. I also have a ton of leeks at the moment (they were on special offer) so I might make a risotto with them, mushrooms, a bit of chilli and lots of herbs (no butter or parmesan of course).

Good news is that I think I have found someone who is looking to share their horse ... so lots of exercise for me!!!

Enjoy your day,

Catherine

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 71 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2727

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review