All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 11/12/05
      #224179 - 11/10/05 06:51 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 11/12 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 11/10/05--I screwed up the dates! new
      #224197 - 11/10/05 08:36 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

...well, as usual, i deleted the a.m. and started the day afternoon. didn't do much except a quick grocery trip (my fridge was embarrassingly empty). that's it/c'est tout.

food intake of the sloth:

--homemade applesauce, 1 c. (fuji)

--broccoli puree (seriously, this stuff is the consistency of really creamy whipped potatoes)

--homemade applesauce, 1 c. (this is really good stuff.)

(invited the mom for dinner and baked a bohemian squash. she loved it and after two bites I ditched it. yuck city.
i think the only winter squash i like is spaghetti squash.
i probably should have had potatoe, but i don't like my potatoes. must try other types of potatoes. or maybe i just don't like them anymore. hmmm...)

--brussels sprouts (love those), celery heart, red onion
zucchini

--later, more zucchini/brussels sprouts (i found this wicked raspberry balsalmic vinegar that adds mucho flavour!)

so, that's all for tonight as i'm more than quite satisfied.

kate, ibs-d.

Edited by Wind (11/12/05 08:32 PM)

Re: REPORTING IN - 11/12/05 new
      #224199 - 11/10/05 08:39 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

oops...you might wanna cut and paste this into 11/10.... I posted a few days ahead incase I'm too busy and forget... lol

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#224224 - 11/11/05 05:24 AM
CathUK

Reged: 05/25/04
Loc: Cambridge, UK

Do you like sweet potatoes? I love them mashed, roasted with garlic and herbs or in a delicious soup with ginger, garlic and coconut milk.

Re: REPORTING IN - 11/10/05--oops! new
      #224373 - 11/11/05 01:22 PM
Wind

Actually, I think that they are the grossest thing in the world. I WISH I COULD LIKE THEM.

I want to actually eat more potatoes. Honestly, I don't know much re: what to do with those tubers that are jam-packed with minerals, vitamins, etc. POTASSIUM POWERHOUSE foods (my M.D. has me on a high sodium/potassium diet). I bought some organic russets and well, just find them too starchy and "blah." I guess I have to try a few other types/sizes/colours and styles of prep. They truly have no taste to me, beyond pure starch.

I've tried some winter squash this week and was positively repulsed. The only one I really enjoy is spaghetti squash.

One of these days, maybe the potatoe can seduce me/charm me.

Until then, apples (pommes) appeal/attract more than potatoes/yams/sweet potatoes (pommes de terre).

Kate.

Edited by Wind (11/12/05 08:31 PM)

#224397 - 11/11/05 02:20 PM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

kate, have you tried blending them into your various fauxtater creations? potato/broccoli sounds really good to me.

i agree that white potatoes taste of nothing but starch. i only like them seasoned and broiled or, in a former life, well buttered. i don't see much point in eating them, either.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

jaime, memories of butter indeed. new
      #224438 - 11/11/05 06:41 PM
Wind

indeed, memories of butter and my personal favourite--hemp oil from an era past (virtually instant D attack, guaranteed!)

i'm afraid to go near a safe margarine serving, i.e. 1 tsp.

perhaps they are redeemable by catsup or mustard or vinegar? must explore. i agree, though, that complimentary veggies really hugely make a difference. i really want to fall in love with Mr. Potatoe head. it's just hard. i used to like mini red potatoes, though. maybe they need to be "cute." if i spot some that are worth inviting into my body...you bet they'll be there.

actually, i used to love them DROWNED in ketchup or chilli sauce or mustard or just swimming in vinegar...pickle jar juice...really "gross" and extreme.

thanks for sharing. indeed...the secret is in the sauce/dip...time to get out the sexy vinegars...pick up the Heinz ketchup...make some cranberry ginger chutney or something. maybe fig balsalmic vinegar? we'll see. dressing and undressing Mr. Potatoe head.

they do feel good in your tummy...even though, they don't have a distinct taste.

kate.

Re: potatoes! new
      #224452 - 11/11/05 08:34 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I really like mashed potatoes mixed with mustard and boiled potatoes w/ vinegar. I also find them tastier with the peel left on, although that might be a matter of texture more than taste.

Re: potatoes! new
      #224506 - 11/12/05 01:08 PM
Wind

Okay, now my mouth is starting to water. I'm totally sweaty-toothed for 'taters, now, I think. DEFINITELY vinegar, or pickle jar juice, sea salt & mustard. I agree re: skins. I picked up some red minis--maybe I need minis with red skins to match with food that is usually green! I picked up a HUGE container of dried dill...a little red onion/celery (cooked, of course) helps tons. Now...which vinegar and which mustard for which mood. Scallions/green onions and chives make a huge difference (in moderation of course!) Leeks...all those allum juices runneth over! And the smell is enticing.

I'm just so inexperienced, but play is in order! They're really convenient foods for singles, too.

But sweet potatoes...I still say YUCK!

I remember loving potatoe dishes at Indian restaurants--spinach/potatoe curry, and aloo gobi (cauliflower/potatoe/pea...sometimes carrots).

Thanks for the vinegar nudge.

Kate.

#224555 - 11/12/05 08:13 PM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

(watching iron chef as i type...)

luna bar

zucchini bread (not the beloved ibs recipe, alas, but from a farmer's market. still super good.)

oatmeal w/ maple syrup and a little lite soy milk

4 egg whites (scrambled)
mini bagel
raspberries (after the eggs, not in)

1 werther's

honey wheat pretzels
reduced fat peanut butter (less than 1T)
lite soy milk
(might still have some apple sauce, but i doubt it.)

gym: 40 min elliptical, 60 crunches

weighed myself this morning and it said i'm down about two pounds. probably somewhat flukey, but somewhat true. happy news.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

Re: REPORTING IN - 11/12/05--the REAL report! new
      #224561 - 11/12/05 08:46 PM
Wind

Sorry, All! I mixed up the dates! Here's today's account, food/eating-wise. Honestly, I am SO SATISFIED LATELY!

All I really did, externally, was go to the farmer's market. Otherwise, I was a house-kate.

I have a situation in my fridge. Don't laugh. My dad hit the mushroom farm on his way over and I've got 15 lbs. of assorted mushrooms in my fridge to eat this week. Usually, I don't eat quite that many. Usually between 5-10lbs./week, depending on my mood. SO, when I say I eat lots of SF, I'm not kidding.

--1 c. homemade applesauce (honeycrisp...with cinnamon!)

--spinach/green bean puree, 1/2 walla walla onion, 3 cloves garlic, dill, rice vinegar, mustard

--grated celery heart, 1/2 red onion, mixed mushroom crumbles (LOTS!), cauliflower puree (I've got so many leftovers, it's funny. It's like playing mix and match!)

--spaghetti squash, grated zucchini (slaw-style/cooked), the mushrooms I didn't eat, balsalmic vinager/herbs

--chai with rice milk.

So, uh...I ate 11 c. of assorted 'shrooms today. They were well-blended/food processed so they won't be shooting out of my butt at four a.m. like stars. I'm just too darn full for anything else today.

All these mushrooms make me feel really, uh, "smurfy." Yes, I think that's the word.

Kate.

#224693 - 11/13/05 08:00 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

had a long day today--had to stay later at work which wasnt great and im still sick heres my foods

-peppermint tea w/acacia
-*OJ box
-*strawberry soyogurt smoothie
-bunch of ricola lemon-mint cough drops
-*sweet peas
-"vedge" juice
-*veggie noodles
-*butternut squash
-*zucchini & *swiss chard
-few bites/*spaghetti

-water
-peppermint & blueberry tea
-worked 7.5 bakery work
-6 psylliums

i am pooped.

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

Hey Ashley! new
      #225486 - 11/16/05 02:56 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

What are veggie noodles? It sounds yummy!!

Can I have your zuccini and swiss chard recipe?

And what is vedge juice?

How are you feeling? Is that nasty flu gone yet *hugs* Did you quit your job...been thinking about you!!!

Sending you get well wishes!!

Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 140 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4357

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review