All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 11/7/05
      #223370 - 11/06/05 07:54 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 11/7 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 11/7/05 new
      #223636 - 11/07/05 10:21 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Yet another thrilling installment of WHAT KATE CONSUMED, today. Yes, I know...it keeps you all gripping the edge of your seats (NOT!!!) If I told you that I've been keeping a food log/diary since HIGH SCHOOL, would you believe me? Well, I have been.

--banana
--green bean/spinach puree
--homemade PEELED bosc pear sauce, 1 c. (decadent!)
--cauliflower "faux-tatoes" and with mushroom crumbles
--zucchini/beet salad
--1 c. pineapple (pureed as dressing for zucchini/beet salad with 1 tbsp. fatfree mayo, some poppyseeds and a little rice vinegar) (refreshing!)

Kate.

#223639 - 11/07/05 10:44 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

hi guys again--i know im so bad at posting here but i really want to make the effort. i plan to make a new fitday account to remanage my fat intake and my fiber intake to make sure my body is safe. i guess i havent been paying as much attention as i should have been and now my body is hurting b/c of it. so i need to take action! CHARGE!! hehehe heres my food:

-*applesauce w/acacia
-*soy coffee
-*cherry soy yogurt
-*med.pear
-*blueberry-flax cereal munch
-true blueberry tea w/*sugar
-*pea soup
-*pumpernickel pretzels

-water
-babysat for 4.5 hours
-misc.errands
-6 psylliums

decided im going to make some life changes--beginning today and starting tomorrow~

PS--*=ORGANIC FOODS

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

#223660 - 11/08/05 07:28 AM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

kate, you know i do look forwards to reading what you write. so there.

and now my thrilling day in boring, unsatisfying eating. (not really. but sorta.)

luna bar
banana

kaiser roll (actually really tasty - i like this as a bagel replacement)
3 pieces dried papaya

rice w/ teriyaki sauce
1/2 pita w/ scallion hummus
about 1/2 cup vanilla chai protein shake (gross - i should've known that if white grape juice was a leading ingredient, this was gonna be bad)

4 pieces dried papaya (really not buying this again)
a little more rice, w/ duck sauce this time
1 small toffee cookie

honey nut cheerios w/ lite soy milk

1/2 luna bar

early morning gym! 35 minutes elliptical (very proud of myself being able to do that at 7am) and 40 crunches.

eating so blandly/safely/cheaply/easily is not very filling. crazy week, though, with no time to cook, and the buyable safe foods are blah.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

hey, ashley new
      #223665 - 11/08/05 07:55 AM
Wind

you're not eating much. is this just a not hungry day?

i know, i'm hardly one to point the finger as i don't really eat energy dense food and am lucky if i eat 1000 calories in a day. i do nothing so i just replenish basal stores.

just wondering if you're in a food rut or a 'not-hungry' phase.

i won't bug you.

sorry, my mother beyond bugged me when she had heard what i had eaten by 6:30 p.m. last night, saying that's a starvation diet! it's hard when you're just not hungry, isn't it?

kate.

but kate... new
      #223666 - 11/08/05 08:17 AM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

is it really that you're just not hungry? and i've seen you have some wonderful days with walking and moving around, when i'm sure you must have been using more than 1000 calories, so i don't think the logic that you're just replenishing your stores really flies.

the last few days you've been prefacing everything with disclaimers of how you know no one cares to read your boring reports. (which isn't true!) it seems like a different version of thinking you don't deserve to eat a lot - thinking you don't deserve to have us interested in how your life's going. you deserve both. you deserve to give your body all the energy it needs (and then some), and you deserve to share what's going on in your life - i'm going to read it whether you think it's repetitive or not.

not bugging, either. you know that. well, maybe i am bugging you. but out of love.

god, i must sound like your mother.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

#223689 - 11/08/05 10:39 AM
CathUK

Reged: 05/25/04
Loc: Cambridge, UK

Hi,

I know I never post in here any more, but I do like to be nosy and I have to say - you are NOT boring. You eat a lot of really interesting veggies, although I think I would be very hungry on your diet.

This might sound silly, but have you thought about getting a dog? They make you leave the house, the exercise and open skys of the fields you take them in clears your head and shifts some of thoses nasty toxins and they always make you laugh!

As someone with an anxiety disorder (and a tendency to stress about cleanliness) I have found that it has been better than any anti-depressant - I have started to make friends, my IBS is getting better and I don't worry so much about a little mud on the floor!

Take care of yourself,

Catherine

jaime, you should hear my mother!!! new
      #223692 - 11/08/05 10:48 AM
Wind

my mother is a large lady, for the record.

my response to her, is MIND YOUR OWN PLATE!!! and, I HEAR YOU, but I'M NOT LISTENING.

she thinks that everyone needs to eat meat and lots of it everyday and blames everything that goes wrong in my life due to the fact that i don't eat meat. i tried, just to make her happy, for a brief spell...however, it offended/insulted my body and my conscience and was ultra-painful for my IBS. plus, seeing whole pieces of undigested and distinct meat/fish particles daily in the toilet, and virtually immediate bathroom trips after eating meat, but most especially fish, made me stop being an idiot and appeasing my mother.

but that's beside/beyond the point. i guess, i sort of feel like a self-conscious idiot. i've been logging daily since high school. it does make a difference/help...especially with ibs and well...just keeping yourself in check. you can actually eat a lot of food if it is low-energy density, i.e. fruits/veggies, and still have eaten less than a thousand calories. i know i'm not giving myself energy to get motivated or go for a walk. i guess, in a sense, i'm keeping myself at a low-energy, i.e. calorie, budget or income to keep myself a prisoner or perpetuate my physical apathy. that's one kind of thought/reflection.

it's really interesting, to note (at least for me, lately), that by the end of the day, i'm just too tired or disinterested to be hungry or chew/digest, etc. and don't want acid or heartburn or D. also, fruits/veggies are really filling/satisfying and low calorie. and when you eat kind of the same stuff, predominantly pureed/food processed due to having TMJ and bad teeth and anxiety (yes, anxiety makes me kind of panicked re: food and chewing and I suppose regressive/infantile and spoon-feeding feels good, psychologically) because you know it's prepared lovingly and safely i guess you just sort of take it for granted.

but, this week, i do have a few different foods to try should i feel experimental. and i'm trying to try different styles/recipes/foods. it is just hard to try new food things when you have ibs.

you're a sweetie. i hope your acid/nausea is better, today.
when your insurance kicks in, it should be less problematic.
sometimes, cinnamon on something helps with my nausea. i notice that lately. bizzare. i just put it on applesauce or baked PEELED apple, or bake a banana with it sprinkled on top. warped.

one reason i like this board is because we encourage each other, and challenge each other and share ideas/thoughts/insights...and jaime, we have alot in common, just different manifestations.

hugs,
kate.

Edited by Wind (11/08/05 10:50 AM)

Just an note.... new
      #223695 - 11/08/05 10:56 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

I don't report on the Fitness board, but I do read what people report in, it gives me new ideas on food and combinations of food, especially your reports, Kate!

And I can completely commiserate with you on your mother. My father insists that all my problems are just some version of malnutrition because I don't eat meat, I don't eat enough, etc. My best friend always jokingly says, yeah with all those medical degrees your dad has, he must know what he's talking about (my father was a journalism major, he's now a hardware saleman). Point being, he likes to think he knows how to make me better with my IBS and my fibro, but he's full of crap (no pun intended) and I know it! Sounds like your mom is too!

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Re: Catherine new
      #223698 - 11/08/05 10:59 AM
Wind

Veggies and fruits are very filling.

I am allergic to dogs. I don't like the outdoors. I'm not driving, due to anxiety and am just in housebound mode. Actually, I think I mostly need sleep/meditation/yoga at the moment and am honouring that desire by including it in my day. I have a bimodal circadian rhythm disorder and haven't slept in too long. I actually only nap. Basically my body clock is warped and I am noticing that I am strongly seasonally affected and disordered (SAD) and it is only early autumn. I think I'll pull a "cavebear" routine and attempt to hibernate.

I have a cleaning lady coming in an hour and have resisted the urge to pre-clean the house.

Anxiety really is a black hole, though. I'm using dissociation, unconsciously, and just floating through the day...thinking in bubble thoughts.

kate.

Re: Just an note.... new
      #223817 - 11/08/05 06:00 PM
Wind

well, we both have immune system disorders (i believe fibro is an auto-immune disease??? ditto for thyroid disorder. i have aloepecia which is in remission, i.e. my hair just spontaneously grew back and my immune system stopped attacking me for awhile). my mother likes to blame my hair loss on my diet, however, my endocrinologist and dermatologist will be the first to tell her that her contention is MORE THAN FALSE.

i eat what i'm more or less sure won't come back, i.e. i won't vomit/regurgitate. i eat things that generally don't give me an attack. the mode of prep. allows me to eat more veg. than most people with ibs. it sounds like i spend tons of time cooking, but actually i don't. it's just a matter of cooking in large batches and actually it's quite fast.

parents--they all want the best for us and i know my mom's generation has it in their head that meat eating has something to do with intelligence and health and vitality, but that's CRAP. i just pull out the list of brilliant vegetarians and vibrantly healthy vegans.

mostly, though...i'm in a food rut and kind of bummed so i need more ideas. i admire your baking fun. i wish i had a sweet tooth. then i'd be baking treats. usually, though baked goods give me a horrible tummy ache. darn. i'm just not used to them, i guess. it is fun, though.

thanks for the note. i guess sometimes i feel a little self conscious on this board because i eat differently. but, the amount of SF i actually consume is phenomenal.

kate, ibs-d.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 54 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3381

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review