All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Hi Am new to the board
      #221767 - 10/28/05 08:22 AM
snuffie

Reged: 08/01/04

Hi
I am new to the board. I have been "suffering" from IBS for about 10 years now and have tried Probiotics, medications etc. and am at wits end. It really is impacting my life, my interactions with other people and my job.
I don't know where to begin! I am a different person when i am in "remission". I suffer mostly from "C" but also have had bouts where I know every bathroom in every shopping mall in the area and have Urgent need to use one.
Please helP!!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Welcome! new
      #221779 - 10/28/05 08:39 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I've also had IBS for 10 or 11 years now, and I know what you mean about being a different person when it's in remission. I was doing really well for a few years, and then last year I suffered a gastrointestinal infection and the severe IBS symptoms all started up again. But Heather's diet, learning to deal with the anxiety IBS can cause, and medications have really helped me get better.

I don't know if you've started the book yet or read through all the information on the site--it's a lot, but so important to know and understand. It's not a quick fix, but a way to manage your symptoms and get back in control of the IBS. If you have any more questions, please ask! (You'll get more help and responses if you post this on the IBS Diet board. )

Re: Hi Am new to the board new
      #221862 - 10/28/05 02:01 PM
Sunni

Reged: 10/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hi Snuffie,

I am also new to the Boards.

I suffer mostly from "C" too, although before I found out I was Lactose Intolerant a couple of months ago, it was the other way around, big time!!!
Dairy just does me in...instant diarrhea! (even with taking Lactaid tablets).

Anyway, hope to talk to you again, soon.

Sunni

Welcome! new
      #221898 - 10/28/05 04:16 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I highly recommend getting "IBS: The First Year" even though it's far from being your first year of IBS! It's a great book and IMHO is far easier to absorb the info from than any website.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 216 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2184

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review