All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 10/27/05
      #221565 - 10/27/05 08:18 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 10/27 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 10/27/05 new
      #221679 - 10/27/05 06:57 PM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

a mostly btc-ish day.

plain bagel

white rice w/ salt

miso soup w/ udon noodles & mushrooms
banana

luna bar

applesauce
graham cracker

2 sm. bowls fruity pebbles (indulging a childhood favorite)
w/ lite soy milk
graham cracker

oof. fruity pebbles sure are *filling* - but calorie-wise, they're pretty close to less sugary cereals. they have a little fat (1g/serving), but really not too much at all. so tasty, in a very i'm-seven-years-old way.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

Re: memory lane foods/jaime new
      #221695 - 10/27/05 08:56 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

jaime:

i know what you mean about the fruity pebbles & childhood reclaimed/relived...a sort of photoalbum of comfort foods.

this is deep stuff. really deep.

i get it from candy. my cheerios indulgence recently is totally akin to your fruity pebbles.

indeed, there's the whole aisle of surreal serial cereal past lives/moments...look Mom, I can cook--lol! cereal.

that aisle is a huge temptation for me now. cheerios...fruit loops, cap'n crunch...rice crispies, honeycomb.

it's like "Seinfeld's pantry."

childhood comfort foods. i guess cereal was generally one of the few safe foods for my ibs-gut. it's fun. remember "cruncheroos?"

but then again, a baked potatoe was a childhood comfort food. ketchup was a comfort food. cabbage soup--yes, cabbage soup. weird. and oatmeal, too.

that aisle is so very tempting and i don't know if i trust myself, there. but maybe...a few bowls a week??? i feel so deprived.

i don't know. but my organic small baked potatoe sure hit the spot tonight. my body felt that warm nourished spoiled and loved feeling. AND THEY'RE SAFE!!!

i used to love sugar crisp.

kate, ibs-d.

Edited by Wind (10/27/05 09:07 PM)

#221698 - 10/27/05 09:16 PM
Wind

slept past noon. wow, i was bushed.

an illegal quantity of laundry was my main preoccupation--big thrill, i know. went to my grandmother's birthday dinner but was really anxious therefore packed my own snacks and had supper at home, later.

here's the food intake:

--4 applesauce cups
--12 dried apricot halves
--spinach/cremini mushrooms
--green beans
--russet potatoe, carrots, broccoli puree

that's all!

kate, ibs-d.

Re: kate/a potato! new
      #221750 - 10/28/05 07:49 AM
jaime g

how are you feeling?

--------------------
jaime

Re: memory lane foods/jaime new
      #221757 - 10/28/05 07:56 AM
jaime g

i also remember that fruity pebbles were a huge treat for me as a kid. only had them a few times - my mom didn't like to buy candy-ish cereals. i vividly remember having a box of fruity pebbles at my dad's house (my sister and i stayed with him on weekends). the texture of them, the density, is just so satisfying. and now that i've relearned how damn filling they are, and really no worse than healthier-looking cereals (i.e. not all colors of the rainbow) i feel like one bowl is going to be a nice occasional dessert. certainly no worse than chocolate sorbet.

when i bought them last night (i was just buying the cereal and cat food - and i'd just gone there for the cat food) the check-out guy started laughing. 'fruity pebbles?' he said. i laughed too. turns out his objection wasn't that i'm a 22-year-old buying kids food, but that 'they get soggy too quick.' guess he doesn't know how i devour them.

kate, in terms of your cereal cravings, i think that if you think your body can handle the flour, go for it! maybe try just a bit, going off of how the potato sits. they're satisfying in such a different way from veggies, and not at all a *bad* food that you need to feel guilty about. if your body can handle it, there's *nothing* you should feel you need to deprive yourself of.

--------------------
jaime

#221776 - 10/28/05 08:34 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

pre-breakfast: Luna Bar

breakfast: Crispix, 1 toast

lunch: cinnamon oatmeal w/ walnuts, strawberry soy yogurt smoothie

snack: Luna Bar

dinner: PB sandwich, chips

snack: Soy Dream vanilla ice cream

snack: flour tortilla

Ugh. I'm still uncomfortable taking a good packed lunch to work and eating it. I'm nervous I might have an attack, although I haven't had one in a long while; I think it's because I missed so much work earlier this year and don't want to miss any more days. I guess the longer I stay stable the more confidence I'll have in eating away from home.

#221787 - 10/28/05 08:54 AM
Wind

WONDERFUL!!!

They were organic russets--I bought a bag. There were no noticeable things rotten or rancid about them (really bad summer experience).

It was small. It was delicious. IT WAS HUGELY filling/satisfying...totally warming and tummy friendly...simple, fast, earthy...easy...NO PROBLEM. Will do again if mood strikes. Very energizing, I note.

Really good with broccoli/puree. Can hardly wait to use in food processor creations/additions.

Couldn't believe how stuffed I was with such a small potatoe.

I felt SPOILED by myself, nourished, pampered, loved. That sort of higher/lower or older/younger self reunion, i.e. yes, you may...of course you may...permission granted, etc.
I'm not sure if that last part makes sense. Do you ever have a "permission" issue with a food?

Now I feel relieved--participating with family in dinners is so much easier that I trust potatoes again.

No cramps. No adverse gut reaction.

I love those skins for dessert number one!!!

Also, I'm not eating meat/fish anymore (makes me feel really ill) so there is an energetic gap. Does this make sense? That's a caloric deficit of at least a few odd hundred and well...I don't want to starve. So, I'll be a Scarlet O'Hara and eat potatoes...bananas...Cheerios...you know...IBS-friendly things with my greens.

Heavenly. I guess another point is that I don't feel deprived.

Edited by Wind (10/28/05 09:04 AM)

#221794 - 10/28/05 09:16 AM
jaime g

Quote:

Do you ever have a "permission" issue with a food?

story of my life!

it's part of what i'm trying to figure out now, esp. with this book - that i shouldn't ever feel *deprived*, that that's when lots of badness kicks in - all my life, even when i haven't been 'on a diet,' it's been almost constant that whatever i ate either felt like i was being good or bad, not just making choices. i need to (re-?)learn that there is no good or bad with eating... well, no bad. because (this is from the book) if i feel deprived (even on a really good 'self-control' streak), then that leaves room for the other side of the coin - cheating. if there's no deprivation, then nothing is cheating, and there isn't that awful guilt and self judgement.

that was a much longer answer than i'd meant...

--------------------
jaime

hmm new
      #221908 - 10/28/05 05:28 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

hey kate--

you feel an energy gap from not eating meat/fish? i felt that when i first stopped and became vegetarian/vegan--and then when i went full-vegan i felt it more! im wondering if thats why i feel so low sometimes? fatigue?? perhaps--whats a russet potato? i bought some sweet ones the other day but am leary about them as well. there in the fridge now and if i want to, ill try it. but like you, i picked small ones due to permission with myself as well same thing goes for bread b/c real starchy stuff tends to constipate me! know what i mean jelly bean? LOL good to hear about the bananas!! what foods are good for providing chloride did you say?? chloride/sodium/potassium--did i get that right? those are the ones i want to have measured at my docs.

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

#221911 - 10/28/05 05:40 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

food today

-peppermint tea w/acacia
-4 oz/green goodness juice
-bowl/*blueberry and flax cereal w/*FF vanilla soy
-tall decaf soy-vanilla latte
-*straw.soy smoothie
-*puffed rice/O's munch
-*small pear
-*pea soup w/*basmati rice & salt

am at my moms tonight so thats all i brought to eat aside from breakfast tom. probably will have some coffee again since the decaf didnt hurt me and it was so yummy!!

-lacking water
-babysat for 4 hours--10 block walk to park and back pulling wagon. misc playing at park.
-6 psylliums

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

Re: hmm new
      #221926 - 10/28/05 06:53 PM
Wind

I just need something to provide the calories that meat/fish is not as it has been removed.

Actually, stuff like potatoes and bananas and carrots and applesauce and mushrooms and zucchini and Cheerios and rice ARE REALLY REALLY REALLY GOOD for my D without making me C.

What can I say? More applause for soluble fiber???

Plus the vitamin C in stuff like potatoes and bananas helps absorb IRON from food.

Kate, IBS-D.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 174 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4105

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review