All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
REPORTING IN - 10/17/05
      #219793 - 10/17/05 07:11 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 10/17 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 10/17/05 new
      #219985 - 10/18/05 04:25 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Just a fast report...

Pre Breakfast: luna bar
Breakfast: luna bar
Lunch: 1/2 turkey breast sandwich on french
Exercise: 50 mins (30 treadmill 20 bike)
Dinner: Shell's BAKED But Tastes Like Fried Burrito - Chicken & Zucchini Version recipe & pic here
Snacks: 1 butterscotch hard candies... & *UFO at lunchtime
H2O: 80oz

*UFO = Unidentifted Food Object (will not mention details as it is not IBS safe, but I can tolerate)

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#219988 - 10/18/05 05:06 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Still got a cold/flu. Feeling like the old me, again, re: food! Still getting plenty of protein, but not feeling 'carno' or like animal protein.

Here's the damage:

--3 or 4 c. soy milk
--1 litre organic chicken broth

--spicy spinach
--homemade 'cream of mixed mushroom' soup (a 3 bowls)
--'faux-taters' (cauliflower)
--celery heart
--green beans

Question: How many of you worry about veggies making you fat? I do. Trust me, I measure everything! Is this hugely anal retentive? Is this obsessively stupid? Probably.

Anyways, when I'm sick, I need to veg. out and rest lots/drink lots. STRESS begone!

Calories? I'm striving for a consistent 1000/day. Protein? Around 90g. Remember, I'm hugely sedentary beyond a stroll or some yoga.
Is this too little?

Kate.

#220139 - 10/18/05 02:28 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I think I might try this again. I've been busier lately (which is good, means I'm feeling better) and I'm still following the diet, but I haven't gained any more weight and it sort of fluctuates between 105 and 110. (I'd like to be at least a strong 120 pounds.) This could be because I'm more active, but I know that sometimes when I get really busy I'll just work through meals! I don't want to set myself up for overeating and then an attack.

pre-breakfast: Chocolate Peppermint Stick Luna Bar

breakfast: two bowls of Crispix, two slices of toast

lunch: bowl of oatmeal with blueberries & strawberries, cup of Teeccino, 1/2 PB sandwich

snack: Luna Bar

dinner: a lot of steamed rice, two large bowlfuls (is that a word?) of homemade vegetable soup (broccoli florets, crinkle-cut carrots, maitake & shiitake mushrooms, garlic, vegetable broth)

dessert: peach cobbler, chamomile tea

snack: Crispix, some more peach cobbler

Kate new
      #220167 - 10/18/05 05:24 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Quote:

Question: How many of you worry about veggies making you fat? I do. Trust me, I measure everything! Is this hugely anal retentive? Is this obsessively stupid?

In a word? YES! Kate, veggies are like the LAST thing you have to worry about if you're worried about putting on weight!

Not that you need to worry about putting on weight when --

Quote:

Calories? I'm striving for a consistent 1000/day.

(you already know my thoughts on that one! )

Quote:

Protein? Around 90g. Remember, I'm hugely sedentary beyond a stroll or some yoga.
Is this too little?

Not at all. You're getting plenty, especially since you are not very active.

You seem a little stressed out Kate darling... hope everything's ok with you, and that your cold/flu clears up soon! {HUGS}

Arrgh! Stress. The vulture. new
      #220180 - 10/18/05 07:53 PM
Wind

You are all right. I ought to give it up!

So...I'll ease up.

I'm totally stressed. Could it be the full moon?

People have judged my nutritional choices all my life. They don't get it when I tell them all I want for dinner is spinach and 'shrooms or broccoli and 'shrooms or carrots or pumpkin bisque or spa-ghetti squash...golden beets and swiss chard...or...well...you guys know me by now!

I finally found some carageenan free soy and have been just loving that! It loves me, too. Rice Dream is back in my fridge. I think I've got that creamy dreaminess back with the soy yogurt. I've been walking, again. Nothing major...but something after so much nothing and living in a black room--I've got black curtains in my place and no light gets in.

So...more go with the flow and less 'checking' rituals. I'm getting plenty of proteins/aminos. I've got to continue being true to me! Maybe it's the seasons changing and I'm grieving for summer.

I've really nearly over my carno kick. Confession: certain people tried to brainwash me into thinking that certain foods would be beneficial to me when they were not and caused me more pain and attacks. I am so very very over that now and pulling out the lingo! In their face.

I'll still keep the egg whites, though and if in the mood a little fish or turkey...although...I just don't want to smell it or see it come out the other end.

Yes, I think I'm grieving. And well...I don't want that extra bite of broccoli to get to my hips or ...okay, you're right...I'm an idiot.

Need more time for breathwork, hyno., and meditation. Must surrender my fear. Counting rituals. Nasty stuff.

Thanks for listening. You're right. I deserve more than 1000.

Kate.

Re: Arrgh! Stress. The vulture. new
      #220189 - 10/18/05 08:27 PM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

kate, you entirely deserve more than 1000. you deserve as much as you want. you deserve to let your body be wonderful and strong. i love that you're walking and yogaing, too. it's so good for you, for your bones and your soul. but in terms of calories, remember, your body is supposed to exist, to consume energy and give energy to you. keep doing your thing, listening to what your body needs, but let it get the nourishment it needs, too. and your body doesn't need to be a separate thing from you. it's all one and the same. i think that's something we're all struggling with. sending you love.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

bingo! that's exactly it, jaime!!! new
      #220209 - 10/19/05 05:03 AM
Wind

woah, jaime...i think you hit the rusty nail right on the head and well...i'm bleeding (figuratively speaking, of course).

detatchment, that separation between body/mind/spirit.

no wonder this yoga/meditation stuff is so challenging...i'm seeking UNION, or reUNION and going about it via a process of self-abnegation.

anyways, i'm not going to be so anal anymore...treat myself like a concentration camp victim in my own kitchen, dealing out my broccoli rations or scoops of popeye (spinach) pesto, etc., my new favourite soy milk--i love curling up on the sofa at night with chai after chai after chai, or a strange brew of something and a book or 'zines or movies...

go with the flow, huh? okay, i'm going to ease up a whole lot.

i guess, in a warped meta-psychospiritual way I'm seeking reunion with the Universal parent.

enough babble, though...you're positively right. back to the intuitive eating, go with the flow stuff. i'm going to ease up on the obsessive number-crunching. somehow, i think we're kind of at the same spot, but playing it out differently or in opposite styles!

somedays, though...it's just so hard to stay inside this body of mine. lol! i feel rather like gatsby.

it does feel good to have lost that carno stink, though. that's a huge relief. i'll stop writing my own books of numbers.

kate.

Re: bingo! that's exactly it, jaime!!! new
      #220218 - 10/19/05 07:19 AM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

Quote:

detatchment, that separation between body/mind/spirit...

somehow, i think we're kind of at the same spot, but playing it out differently or in opposite styles!

i think so, too.

i'm stuck between wanting to control my eating to lose weight, and knowing that i need to reset my relationship with food and learn to eat healthily and normally. and sometimes i think that those two things can't happen at the same time.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 64 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2901

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review