All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
REPORTING IN - 10/11/05
      #218809 - 10/10/05 10:06 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 10/11 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 10/11/05 new
      #219017 - 10/11/05 08:17 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Ate a lot today, then pigged out on skittles. I had a bad day. I am not counting calories so fiercely anymore and don't plan on posting regularly at this point. I will mention if I ever reach 125.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#219100 - 10/12/05 08:52 AM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

vile, vile day. well, good till nighttime, when i ate an entire box of cinnamon twists. (those low-fat, low-calorie pastries. they're really good, but jesus. a whole box?)

i don't know if it's stress from the new job of what, but i feel a mess lately. last night i was in this strange, awful mood. not my usual sulkiness, more restless and frustrated than that. very weird. it's sort of carried over into today, but i slept some of it off.

in terms of diet i've been feeling crap lately, feeling like totally binging... coming from this weird frustrated foul mood, i think. it's just a general sense of 'gah!' if that makes any sense. not sure what to do. trying to get myself back on track. i don't know if i'm frustrated with feeling limited in what i eat - part of me wants to stop counting and just be 'careful' and work out. i also might be frustrated with not seeing any sort of results lately - getting down to 150 was so much easier than getting just two pounds below that. (i know weight is just a number, but still.)

i know i'm ranting and rambling. i just don't know what to do. for a while, i think the super-close watching of what i ate was functioning also as a good distraction from my crap work situation. now that my new job is taking so much, i don't have the drive. i want the drive back. i want to be thinner and healthier. but the frustrated slothfulness is getting really really strong.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

#219102 - 10/12/05 08:59 AM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

and then i actually just went to fitday and added the box of cinnamon twists... and my calories are at 2001. i mean, a vile, frustrated binge. and 2000. i guess that's what happens with a silly dietetic food binge. i don't feel like the day was an absurd loss. but still. feeling crap. but since it's not so horrendously embarrasing any more:

luna bar
soy yogurt

mini bagel
fake chicken salad

almond oat bar (fat free, lots of protein and fiber)

some strawberries (5?)
2 chocolate marshmallows
2 pieces chocolate
(going away thing at work)

bagel
(work giving me no time for dinner.)

egg white omelet (3 whites) w/ chopped spinach & avocado

and then the cinnamon twists.

a decent day till the end. the bagel thing is frustrating - so often i don't have time for a meal, and bagels are safe, cheap, and so easy to get. i mean, they're not a terrible food, but i'm used to thinking of them as empty calories. (atkins brainwashing.) i wish i had time for real meals more often, but they are so low fat... i guess it's not too horrible.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

#219294 - 10/13/05 05:55 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Going through a 'bleh' phase where my bod just doesn't want so many veggies. (It freaked my Mum out when she came over to 'veg-out!' Must be my cold/flu. I'm pretty feverish!

Also, my bones are just aching/burning!!! (I'm trying to gain skeletal mass due to my osteopenia and have upped the calcium and started some free arm weights. I'm not in the mood to get broken!)

It's terrible. I'll cook something or try to eat something and after 2 bites, it's somehow 'just not right' and ends up in the trash.

Here's the Food Intake:

--3 c. soy milk
--1 c. turkey breast (thanksgiving leftovers!)
--1 c. homemade soy yogurt ***I stirred my benefiber in this stuff and wow! it was decadent! rather like eating cheesecake, no joke!)

Veggies:
--broccoli & mushrooms
--'faux-taters' (cauliflower)
--about 6 cloves garlic
--fresh lime juice/zest, cilantro

TONS OF TEA!!!
Peppermint, True Blueberry

Kate, IBS-D.

Re: Weight Watchers new
      #219305 - 10/13/05 06:55 AM
Nance Hastings1282

Reged: 10/13/05

I have been on the IBS diet for about a month. I was hopeing to see some weight loss, Heather suggested that I post a message to those of you who are following WW meal plans. ??How do you count the breads in relationship to the point system? Does anyone have any menues they can share? Waiting to hear, (hastings10282@aol.com) Nance

Re: Weight Watchers new
      #219516 - 10/14/05 03:49 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

You're going to find it HARD. Most breads are at least 2 -4 or more points each. IE half a cup of spaghetti pasta is 4 points!!!!! A regular slice of bread is 2. When I was on WW, I bought the WW bread which is 2 teeny slices for 1 point. Then I put on FF turkey breast, mayo, mustard and lettuce. I lived on those darned sandwiches. Most folks around here, though, will tell you that IBS and WW are not all that compatible. They want you eating TONS and TONS of insoluble fibre - which our bodies just can't tolerate. I don't want to discourage you - some have been successful. Ask Shell and them about the BMR (Body mass ratio) - it allows for more calories and flexibility. And, as you know, exercise is key.
If you truly follow the IBS diet - you are eating low fat, no red meat, no fatty dairy, so you really are on a very healthy diet - trying to incorporate as many insolubles as you can.
I liked sugar free applesauce cups (1 point)
Sugar free Jello - the whole package (2 points)
Lots of cooked carrots, sweet potatoes, squash, etc.
Hope this helps.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 138 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2223

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review