All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
new to the board- questions
      #217099 - 10/02/05 09:17 PM
bdybuilder

Reged: 10/02/05

Hi all, I am new to the board and you have alot of great information here, I am a personal trainer/part time bodybuilder and have suffered from IBS for a while( I am still a young guy) but I have been reading and I still have a few questions and a few of them I am very embarresed to ask but I guess we have all been there so here goes.
I know which foods give me classic IBS symptoms and I stay away from those but I have 1 major problem and again this is extremely embarrising , but when I am in a situation where I am nervous or if I have a big event like a show the next day and I am very anxious I get cramps in my stomach and there is some anal leakage, and I dont know how to cure this as it seems to be purly mental since I have no problems when I am just hanging out and I am not worrying about anything, are there any prescription meds I can take or anything I can do?-again very embarrased to ask this question and sorry if I offended anyone.
also- What is everyone taking multivitamin wise,probiotic wise, and digestive enzymes(if any) as far as brand names and dosages?? the only ones I have been taking are iritant to my stomach and do more harm than good so please someone recommend a good one to me!

-again thanks for the replies and I look forward to contributing to the board.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: new to the board- questions new
      #217101 - 10/02/05 10:06 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Hi and welcome

One thing you'll learn quickly about this board is that there are no questions too embarassing and that it's hard to offend anyone! A quick search of the boards will tell you that lots of people experience the same thing(s) you do, including what you described.

Have you had a look through this website to learn about the diet and lifestyle stuff that Heather outlines? The diet is sooo important and should find you great relief. People tend to find success with soluble fiber supplements, probiotics, enzymes, prescription meds etc... but it varies from person to person. Be sure to do some searches, especially of the diet board, and you'll learn lots - including what/how/when/how many/brands etc. It's been discussed lots, and Heather has also written about all these things on this site. (Make sure you have a good read through the WHOLE site.)

Lastly, I'd suggest that if you don't find what you're looking for through searching that you re-post this on the Diet board. Way more people read that board and this question is more appropriate to it. (If you have any issues with IBS and fitness though, be sure to come back over here!)

HTH (hope that helps) - and again, welcome!

Re: new to the board- questions new
      #217118 - 10/03/05 04:11 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Check out the diet and get started on a SFS - getting stable is the best way to avoid accidents. However as anxiety is obviously a major trigger of yours, you may the hypno CDs very helpful. Also, talk to your doc about AD/anxiety meds as they can be great.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 221 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1459

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review