All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
REPORTING IN - 9/26/05
      #215802 - 09/25/05 09:20 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 9/26 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 9/26/05 new
      #216011 - 09/26/05 05:50 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

B; usual
snacks and lunch: 2 bananas, luna, 1 serv pretzels, 1 large piece choc zucchini bread, PB&J, mango
D: family pleaser chicken and potatoes, snap peas and mushrooms, 1 piece baguette
De: sorbet
don't feel like adding up
Ex: worked 7 1/2 hours and did situps

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#216032 - 09/26/05 09:12 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

yeah... the weekend was kind of a write off nothing terrible just not very good either. oh well, monday starts a new week.

usually go to the gym on mondays but i think i actually injured my lower back at the gym on friday squatting, and getting way too over-zealous about how much i think i can squat (kids, don't try that at home). i got about 2 reps out then realized, at the bottom of my squat, that there was no way i was getting up... so i failed at the bottom and set the weight down on the racks. so embarassing. worse though was how much it hurt when i stood up... i iced it and stretched it all weekend and happily it's feeling much better now, but i thought it would be a good idea to skip the gym, for today anyway.

started ballet classes again tonight. mixed feelings. we shall see how this goes. my body really appreciated it though

10:00 (slept waaaay in ugh, haven't been sleeping well lately)
apple pie oatmeal w/walnuts

11:00
20 minutes exercise bike

1:30
zucchini, hummus and veggie salami sandwich
cooked green beans
banana

3:30
banana muffin (made w/nuts)

6:30
minestrone soup (pureed)
big hunk of french bread

7:30
applesauce

8:00
1 hour ballet class

10:00
rice with spinach (popeye pesto) and mixed beans
canned pears

12:00
english muffin... maybe more, still hungry

#216048 - 09/27/05 05:40 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I've gotta stop being so anal re: calorie counting!!!

Notes: a highly energized day. I just couldn't stop sweating! Holy circulation, flow. I did some yoga, and took a twenty minute walk (uh, that's a long walk for me!).

VERY AWESOME OMELETTE CREATION ALERT: Add a splash of carrot juice to the whites prior to giving them a quick whip with a hand blender (i.e. braun). Toss in a little cilantro and holy big time super yum wow! Orange eggs!

Anyways, here's what I ate:

Proteins:

--2 c. egg whites
--127g Highliner Wild Pacific Salmon Filet (1g fat/110 calories/25g protein)

Raw:
--iceburg lettuce (1 medium head, shredded)
--cilantro

notes: body doesn't want so much raw anymore. must cut down on fiber. maybe it's the weather change or stress.

Cooked:
--spinach/herb puree ***felt a little iffy, today, so stuck to my ultra safest veggie!***
--button and crimini mushrooms with sage, thyme, rosemary, lavender (okay, I'll be honest; 8c.)(I eat these things like people eat cookies***I have a selenium deficiency and 'shrooms are top source of this mineral, as well as garlic and fish. I think we crave things we lack***

--green onions (scallions) (1.5 cups)***green onion soup***
--red onion; yellow onions (1.5 cups)
--6 cloves garlic
--2 bunches of cilantro
--grated fresh ginger
--1/3 c. fennel bulb and lots of fronds (in green onion soup)

Beverage notes:

Drank at least 2 litres of ROSEHIP TEA with lemon. Also instead of coffee, substituted JASMINE GREEN TEA.
That's all. I know I'm not eating enough. I'm turning into a rack, a BOB. I'm fiercely craving that protein, those egg whites, that fish, the 'shrooms. I'm also limited by my TMJ and crappy teeth/capacity to chew. And well, truly, I just get too tired to eat any more and just eat spinach like people eat ice cream. Don't ROTFL, I actually love it and know I absorb the nutrients in it.

Protein: 133g WAY TO GO Kate.

Kate.

kate, a thought-- new
      #216060 - 09/27/05 07:27 AM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

k- you know i have the utmost love and respect for how strong you are about listening to your body, so you know, i hope, that this isn't me judging what you eat or telling you what to do - but it occurs to me that maybe some part of this flush of energy you've been feeling lately is that with all the protein you're also getting in more calories. of course, i don't want to push you to obsessing about calories more than you want to, but it just sounds like you've been putting more energy into your body, not just specific nutrients. whatever it is, it sounds like it's working. i love how happy you've been feeling in your body lately, how good you seem to feel.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

#216061 - 09/27/05 07:36 AM
jaime g

behold, the eating of a stressful day:

take heart oatmeal
1/2 c soy milk

1/2 c apple sauce
honey wheat pretzels

rice w/ mushrooms & tofu
1/2 c rice pudding
2 newman-o's

pb&j on white

and here's when i get home from the movies and am a bundle of stress:
some pickles (new obsession)
1/2 c apple sauce
1 piece chocolate
3/4 c soy ice cream

1760. tried a different protein powder, the whole foods brand soy stuff, and it was very gross. forgot to check if it was sweetened... which it wasn't. back to the tastier, more expensive egg white stuff.

--------------------
jaime

LITTLE BEAR new
      #216077 - 09/27/05 08:34 AM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

-peppermint tea w/acacia
-half-soy-vanilla yogurt
-medium peach [organic]
-6 organic cherry tomatoes
-cafe au lait w/steamed soymilk & hazelnut coffee-12oz
-dairy-free lemon soyogurt
-cereal munch-slim bran and puffed kamut
-yellow/green boiled zucchini w/sea salt
-boiled green chard with sea salt
-1/2 slice of vegan-organic oat bread, plain
-one more cup/peppermint tea

-water-maybe 1 L?? +/-
-one long walk
-6.5 hours/bakery work
-6 psylliums

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

addendum/update new
      #216120 - 09/27/05 10:22 AM
jaime g

the angsty stress last night was from not hearing about the job interview i had yesterday - i'd been expecting an answer that night. but! heard today, and i got the job!! *so* happy and excited and relieved. finally get to leave this job i've been trying to get out of for months, and do something i love.

so, yay. and the bad stress of recent days is gone.

--------------------
jaime

Re: addendum/update new
      #216122 - 09/27/05 10:24 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Congratulations! That's great news!

Re: kate, a thought-- new
      #216169 - 09/27/05 01:29 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

thanks, jaime. ironically, i'm not getting more calories--equal or less. i've just redistributed the ratio of my intake. if anything, i'm eating less vegetables/fruit (carbs), that's all.

protein, though, does give me a 'burst' or a 'rush!' i love seeing my veins pop and pulse. (i don't have much body fat and holy cow, you should see those veins pop and pulse! they look like worms after the rain under my skin!)

i think, too, i'm eating foods that tend to generate more HEAT. yes...ve vant to pump you up, build you up (although, i think i mean this more psycho-illogically!)! it's like, psycho-spiritually something is just burning in me. it's not anger it's adrenalin! i'm doing more chakra work/meditation/yoga, as well and i know that's a factor.

you're a sweatheart, jaime.

but no, i'm not taking in any more calories...just a different ratio of calories. the last thing i want is to lug around more body--with osteoarthritis? eek. i probably should do some weights, though. hehe...when ever i lift too much i get D, or really really loose.

i just feel like a spoiled rotten person, having so much food and well...i think i eat too much/consume more than i need. eek, self-guilt trip. i'm just too blessed/lucky.

kate.

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 297 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4170

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review