All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
will this actually do anything?
      #215019 - 09/21/05 02:59 PM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

i've always had trouble working out in the morning - my energy's low and my muscles have much less stamina than in the evening. it so happens that i've been walking to work some mornings lately, mostly so i don't feel so bad about not being able to make it to the gym, and now that it's cooling down (or it's supposed to), i'm going to start doing that more. (it's 1.66 miles, sayeth mapquest.) is introducing this morning exercise going to, eventually, make morning gym-going any easier for me? not that i'll stop walking to work, but i'm just wondering if it's possible to get my body used to working out early in the day.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: will this actually do anything? new
      #215072 - 09/21/05 08:22 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Hmmmm.... hard to say, really, since everyone's different here and yadda yadda. But from personal experience? Yes. Just because I totally used to be this way - completely non-functional in the mornings. OK so I'm still really non-functional in the mornings but I find now it's the only time I can/want to workout. I think it's because I kind of go on auto-pilot - no thinking, just go to the gym sort of thing (lol). So I guess in a way I did kind of train my body to be ready for physical activity in the morning. Can't really explain that in any satisfactory scientific way or anything, since I don't really remember when or how or why I started working out in the mornings specifically... But walking sounds like a good a place to start as any

Not sure if that was useful or not but there ya go!

#215199 - 09/22/05 10:13 AM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

thanks!

and i just noticed you have a foucault quote in your signature. i love that. my favorite class in college was called 'what was postmodern literature.' i miss that crazy lit theory stuff sometimes, like going to see a bio-pic on derrida on a date...

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

#215410 - 09/23/05 11:10 AM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Heh, yeah that's totally where I am right now My degree is basically *all* in lit and cultural theory so Derrida and Foucault and the like are my "bedfellows" lately (lol). Not the best Foucault quote, but then, there's a character limit for the sigs

Love your quote too, btw

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 58 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2404

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review