All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
REPORTING IN - 9/18/05
      #214103 - 09/18/05 08:11 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 9/18 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

REPORTING IN - 9/18/05 new
      #214227 - 09/18/05 09:50 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi ya'll!!

Activities: Was pretty achy from gym yesterday, and I hurt my darn leg! The inside of my thigh is just killing me, even walking up the stairs makes me laugh because of how silly I feel! I'm sure it will be fine by tomorrow, it's not a REAL hurt. Right, so, no exercise today though.

Breakfast: 1/2 a apple crisp bar and canned peaches/pears = 162 calories

Snack: Biscuit and Tea = 43 calories

Lunch: Homemade vegetable soup and one slice of white bread = 310 calories

Dinner: Turkey meatballs with small amount of rice = 315 calories

Snack: Angel Food Cake and 2 tablespoons of cool whip = 175 calories

For a total of.. 1005 calories. Very bad, Stephanie! Very bad, eat more. My tummy is kinda rumbly now, I will have a snack.
Am having trouble, such a nervous tummy because my first day of work at new job is tomorrow.

Cheers!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: REPORTING IN - 9/18/05 new
      #214250 - 09/19/05 07:21 AM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

hope your first day of work goes well, stephie.

as for my sunday... thought it was a lost cause, thought i wasn't going to report or even add it up... but then i did add it up, and unless i'm forgetting a big bucket of lard that i ate, i think it's okay. not exactly the healthiest foods, but... i blame the movies and the street fair. ok, and me. but i survived.

oatmeal & soy milk

gummi bears (at the movies - a step above chocolate, a step below not getting a snack)

1/2 strawberry banana crepe (at the street fair that we found next to the movies - gotta love new york) (stopped eating the crepe when i realized it was mostly syrupy strawberries. blech. why would you do that to a fruit?)

bagel

3 pierogies (on the pierogies thing - i bought the generic america's choice kind rather than mrs. t's this time since they're a dollar cheaper a box - bad move! mrs. t's are much better. in case any of you are pierogie people out there.)
1 c raspberry sorbet (whoa. but a healthier sort of binge, i guess.)

and that's all i can remember, other than a few mushrooms at a cocktail party. (i love that i'm getting into raw mushrooms. kate, i was thinking of you as i ate them.) so that's 1545. i'll take that.

didn't make it to the gym. it took so long getting home from the reading/cocktail party, and i got home tired and totally bleh - i went to bed at 10:30. and that felt *so* good.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

Steph, hope your first day is going well! new
      #214275 - 09/19/05 09:05 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

And is there a recipe for your soup anywhere? If not, I would love to have one! I'm bored with my lunches!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#214278 - 09/19/05 09:14 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Holy nap-a-thon Sunday afternoon! (This is a good thing for Insomniac Me. Afternoons are hereby reserved for my 'sleeping beauty' routine.) Had at least four REM cycles.
I'm not even going to bother trying to sleep at night.

Sunday was mellow food-wise, and the usual honouring self/go with the flow pattern. (If I don't, then...well...it's not a good thing!)

Food Intake:

--3 oz. salmon
--3 oz. salmon (lol! it's like opening a can of catfood. I'm in a stinky food phase.)
--salad: spring mix with alflafa & mung bean sprouts, cilantro & yellow beans
--salad: iceburg, radicchio, baby spinach with yellow seedless tomatoe (no acid! yeah! a woman at the market grows them especially for reflux people!)
--scalloped zucchini
--a HUGE red onion
--"faux-tatoes"
--celery sticks

Did well, I think.

Protein really goes a long way. I think, though, I prefer tuna to salmon.

Kate.

jaime, we all need "days off!" new
      #214349 - 09/19/05 01:01 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

jaime:

We all need days off the program! We'd go nuts! (More 'on' days, though, are desirable.) It sounds like you had a fun weekend and remember that part of celebrating and pleasure involves eating/food/rituals. I'm learning to have more fun with food and allow a pleasure element. I have some huge root chakra blocks/wounds issues that I'm working on. Food is quite sensual, as well as nourishment, nutritional information, blah,blah,blah...!!!

It's funny that you mention mushrooms--I tend to eat a few kilos a week. I could eat them most days.

I wish I were a little more like you, a little more let loose and relax and enjoy...and a lot less ORTHOREXIC, anal,
the kind of person that has been measuring everything for years and years and years and also a-social re: celebrations involving food. Recently, though, I've gone out for lunch/dinner and have enjoyed positive experiences.

Enough babble. You're gorgeous--I love the photo!

Kate.

#214364 - 09/19/05 01:57 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Hi ya'll!!

Activities: Was pretty achy from gym yesterday, and I hurt my darn leg! The inside of my thigh is just killing me, even walking up the stairs makes me laugh because of how silly I feel! you must sound like me as I go up the stairs... "ouch ouch ouch ouch" with each step! lol I'm sure it will be fine by tomorrow, it's not a REAL hurt. Right, so, no exercise today though.

Breakfast: 1/2 a apple crisp bar and canned peaches/pears = 162 calories

Snack: Biscuit and Tea = 43 calories

Lunch: Homemade vegetable soup and one slice of white bread = 310 calories Homemade...even better... then YOU have control

Dinner: Turkey meatballs with small amount of rice = 315 calories

Snack: Angel Food Cake and 2 tablespoons of cool whip = 175 calories

For a total of.. 1005 calories. Very bad, Stephanie! Very bad, eat more. My tummy is kinda rumbly now, I will have a snack.
Am having trouble, such a nervous tummy because my first day of work at new job is tomorrow. I'm sure you will do JUST FINE!!

Cheers!
--Steph

--------------------

#214366 - 09/19/05 02:01 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

hope your first day of work goes well, stephie.

as for my sunday... thought it was a lost cause, thought i wasn't going to report or even add it up... but then i did add it up, and unless i'm forgetting a big bucket of lard that i ate, lol i think it's okay. not exactly the healthiest foods, but... i blame the movies and the street fair. ok, and me. but i survived. sometimes...you just can't help it...that is what I'm gonna be like in Vegas too!! lol

oatmeal & soy milk

gummi bears (at the movies - a step above chocolate, a step below not getting a snack) I love gummi bears!

1/2 strawberry banana crepe (at the street fair that we found next to the movies - gotta love new york) (stopped eating the crepe when i realized it was mostly syrupy strawberries. blech. why would you do that to a fruit?) lol

bagel

3 pierogies (on the pierogies thing - i bought the generic america's choice kind rather than mrs. t's this time since they're a dollar cheaper a box - bad move! mrs. t's are much better. in case any of you are pierogie people out there.) some things just are not worth the $1 savings! lol live and learn....right?
1 c raspberry sorbet (whoa. but a healthier sort of binge, i guess.)

and that's all i can remember, other than a few mushrooms at a cocktail party. (i love that i'm getting into raw mushrooms. kate, i was thinking of you as i ate them.) so that's 1545. i'll take that. That is a good #

didn't make it to the gym. it took so long getting home from the reading/cocktail party, and i got home tired and totally bleh - i went to bed at 10:30. and that felt *so* good.

--------------------

#214368 - 09/19/05 02:06 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Holy nap-a-thon Sunday afternoon! (This is a good thing for Insomniac Me. Afternoons are hereby reserved for my 'sleeping beauty' routine.) lol I love it Had at least four REM cycles.
I'm not even going to bother trying to sleep at night.

Sunday was mellow food-wise, and the usual honouring self/go with the flow pattern. (If I don't, then...well...it's not a good thing!)

Food Intake:

--3 oz. salmon
--3 oz. salmon (lol! it's like opening a can of catfood. I'm in a stinky food phase.) LOL.... you are so funny..I would LOVE to see a picture of you in your profile!!
--salad: spring mix with alflafa & mung bean sprouts, cilantro & yellow beans
--salad: iceburg, radicchio, baby spinach with yellow seedless tomatoe (no acid! yeah! a woman at the market grows them especially for reflux people!) SWEEEEEEET!!
--scalloped zucchini
--a HUGE red onion
--"faux-tatoes"
--celery sticks

Did well, I think.

Protein really goes a long way. I think, though, I prefer tuna to salmon. Me too...when your talking canned

Kate.

--------------------

kate, you sent me on some soul searching - new
      #214391 - 09/19/05 02:43 PM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

thanks, kate. that all really means a lot to me. this is such a deep-rooted thing for me, too, completely intertwined with... everything. i sometimes have very much trouble living in my body. i just read an article about obese teenagers and a health-oriented fat camp... as a former fat kid, where so much of me has been shaped by that, i have such strong reactions to it. when i see a chubby eight-year-old girl on the street, there's a part of me that wants to run up to her and say, 'it's not worth it. the ice cream the cake, just don't.' how horrible is that? it brings back everything, all the 'failed' diets, all the years that somehow seem wasted, all the times i've felt like i've failed. (and oh, how diet is just a stand-in for much bigger things.)

it's been a little over a month on this board, keeping my food journal... it's lasted longer than almost any other stretch of watching 'being good.' so many 2/3rds of good days that have devolved... i know a lot of it is me being emotionally healthier in many ways, ready to actually do this because it's just about what i'm eating, and what i'm eating isn't stemming from such non-food issues any more. but it still means facing a lot of crap.

this board is being an amazing help. it used to be that with one off day i would start slipping, start straying, and eventually forget my grand plans. you all keep me getting back on track. they're right when they say we need a support system. for anything. it's amazing how losing weight becomes just about losing weight, and not about becoming better or prettier or more loveable, and at the same time it becomes something bigger... maybe the feeling of it being bigger is the feeling of it being integrated into part of my life.

kate, thank you again, for all of what you wrote.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 110 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3477

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review