All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 9/13/05
      #212838 - 09/12/05 09:09 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 9/13 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 9/13/05 new
      #213064 - 09/13/05 05:24 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

So far, breakfast was bread with UFOs and lots of whole milk to drink

Lunch was the same.

I HOPE I've learned my lesson!

I am now drinking fennel and chamomile tea and water. Plan to continue this through the evening.

Dinner will prob be some plain french bread as my day so far made me D! If we do not find bread at the store that has suitable ingredients, I will have a baked potato.

Back to breaking the cycle for me I go!

In other news, I am getting lots of rest as we upped the tegretol yesterday and I began taking buspar. So I am tapering off the ativan. I am FINALLY beginning to see a hint of mental stabilization with the meds...praying it continues!

Hope everyone had a healthy, good tummy day, great FEELING day!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#213066 - 09/13/05 05:27 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

B: 2 bowls HNC
snacks and lunch: gatorade with acacia, luna, 1 banana, pretzels, few carrots, mango and PB&J
D: leftovers from Sunday
De: apple crisp
Ex: worked heavily today and hip pain was very bad much of the time! Getting in and out is really tough. Was able to do stretches today and 10situps last night.
Other: very stinky and still somewhat C. And very exhausted!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#213087 - 09/13/05 07:08 PM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

blech. i feel gross right now from a little binge.

mini bagel
1/2 c apple sauce

1 1/2 c crispix

1/2 c rice pudding

1 c rice w/ mushrooms & tofu

mini bagel

luna bar
1 c crispix, 1/2 c soy milk
teddy grahams
1 bowl of smart pop kettle corn

1640. and i got home too late to go to the gym. grrr. sit-ups and push-ups for me. and this nighttime eating was lame. but now it's ten, so if there's anything else it'll be carrots. i'm craving orange juice, which is strange.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

#213094 - 09/13/05 07:28 PM
uwponine

Reged: 03/19/05
Loc: Wisconsin

2 protein shakes
1 c sheppards pie
1 c veggie jumbalia
1/2 c pasta + 8 oz green bean/rice puree (yick--part of my baby food experimentation to get more veggies)

random and lots of assorted ice tea and water.
oh...and gum. Which really doesn't affect me but why risk it?

Forgot to add. Stopped calorie counting. Making me nuts-o.
Focus on eating right for me and surrender results.

--------------------
IBS-C with major bloat!
Gluten Free Vegan

Edited by uwponine (09/13/05 07:29 PM)

Re: uwponine/'yik' green beans new
      #213176 - 09/14/05 07:36 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

What did you put in your 'yik' creation? Just curious--it sounds pretty yik. Was it just green beans and rice? Any herbs? I like to puree fresh green beans with fresh spinach and dill. If I'm feeling good I'll add a tiny bit of shallot, but onion/garlic powder is kind of nice if you can tolerate it. Adding some acidity is really delicious, i.e. lemon/vinegar (I favour rice vinegar or balsalmic). I'll whip up a dressing/vinaigrette to compliment the puree or give it an ethnic twist. Sometimes, just sea salt is all I'm in the mood for. Green bean/zucchini plus herbs is pretty good, too. Don't laugh, but I'll eat it as a 'salad' even though it's in pureed form. It's really good with mushrooms or fennel bulb (don't puree the mushrooms, though--you'll be grossed out forever!)

I think, though, you'd enjoy spinach/zucchini more, with fresh basil. If you like that 'creamed' effect, try adding some rice milk.

LOL! Calorie counting does make you nuts-oh! I know what you mean about gum--it takes away my nausea and gets my gastric juices flowing. I'm on a cinnamon altoid kick.

Congratulations and continued encouragement for focussing on doing WHAT'S RIGHT for YOU and surrendering.

Kate.

#213182 - 09/14/05 07:50 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

A dry heat wave, here therefore sticking to cooling foods. Also, major hayfever attack--major stressor. Hitting those anti-oxidants with a vengence (I'm craving them obscenely!)
Body did not want tuna or egg white today. Felt ill (Iranian border felt like cooking a huge pot of onions and garlic.)Still got over 80g protein and plenty of aminos, though!

Feel dynamic with the raw/blended salads. In plant form, I consume at least 1200mg of calcium/day--unbelievable, I know...and I absorb it too due to my bloodwork results (I have osteopenia which I'm reversing and cannot tolerate supplemental calcium).

Here's what I consumed:

--2 huge bowls of greens (salad) as big as the toilet bowl including: baby spinach, belgian endive, spring mix, boston lettuce
--zucchini, portabellini mushrooms
--green beans, spinach herb puree (sauce) ***I ate the green beans as one would eat spaghetti with the green sauce.
It was really fun, and good.
--brussels sprouts with basil and french lavendar, 1 c. beets
--a package of cinnamon altiods (I ate them in 2 handfuls! I needed some dragon breath!)

That's all. Still listening to my body.

Kate.

Edited by Wind (09/14/05 11:11 AM)

REPORTING IN - 9/13/05 new
      #213429 - 09/14/05 07:50 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi ya'll,

Here's my report for today!

Activities: At the gym - 25 mins elliptical,15 mins bike, 10 mins stair machine and then 5 mins on the treadmil (just waiting for Adrian at the end) and 30 mins weight training = 646 calories burned.

Breakfast: Luna Bar = 180 calories

Snack: GeniSoy Bar = 229 calories

Lunch: Bowl of vegetable soup, 2 slices of french bread with ICBINB = 553 calories (Damn bread, can't help lovin' in!)

Snack: 1 medium peach and some SnackWells potato thins = 132 calories

Dinner: Some sliced chicken breast meat from a roasted chicken, 1 slice white bread (I was at a friend's and the only SF was mashed potatoes, which she made with butter and milk so I had the bread instead), some corn and peas = 318 calories

Desert: Some berry cobler thing, which was safe.. Dunno calories, so I am going to say 300 to be safe.

So that's 1722 calories, not bad right? Felt like I was really choking down some food, trying to get used to eating more throughout the day but it was fine.
Then Adrian comes home, has had a bad day and wants me to go out with him (this is at like midnight) to get something to eat. So I went out, and ate a hamburger! It was really small, and I had it dry but still, very bad! And some of a frosty... Very, very bad!

That was yesterday, today I am definitely paying for it!
Up until that point, I suppose I was doing pretty well. Did well at the gym, anyway! Wait for today's report, though, not so good!

Cheers!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Yay Stephie!! new
      #213430 - 09/14/05 07:53 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Good for you with all that gym stuff! I didn't make it to the gym tonight myself because my husband was tired and lazy and so I didn't feel like going on my own (also, I am tired and lazy. ). This means I have to go the next three days for 50 minutes though... sigh.

Don't worry. I would never abandon our dieting quest! Just the bad place.

Jenny new
      #213433 - 09/14/05 08:04 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Oh, thank goodness! We need ya here!
I know what you mean about the gym, now that Adrian has a membership with me I find it WAY easier to make myself go if he says he wants to. Or I'll ask him to go, even if I don't want to, so that when he says "okay" I have to go!
Don't feel bad, I'm sure you'll get those extra minutes in and if not, I'm sure you'll come pretty close!
Sure glad to still have you!
**hugs**
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Thanks... new
      #213435 - 09/14/05 08:06 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Yep, somehow when there's two people going to the gym it's so much easier than one. The best is when I have a break in the middle of the day at school and I have enough time to go run there and then shower... somehow it's easier when I'm out to go to the gym than it is after I get home... eat dinner... eye the couch longingly...

#213583 - 09/15/05 10:18 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

So far, breakfast was bread with UFOs and lots of whole milk to drink

Lunch was the same.

I HOPE I've learned my lesson! I hope so too you silly girl!

I am now drinking fennel and chamomile tea and water. Plan to continue this through the evening.

Dinner will prob be some plain french bread as my day so far made me D! If we do not find bread at the store that has suitable ingredients, I will have a baked potato.

Back to breaking the cycle for me I go!

In other news, I am getting lots of rest as we upped the tegretol yesterday and I began taking buspar. So I am tapering off the ativan. I am FINALLY beginning to see a hint of mental stabilization with the meds...praying it continues! that is great!

Hope everyone had a healthy, good tummy day, great FEELING day!

--------------------

#213584 - 09/15/05 10:20 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

B: 2 bowls HNC Honey nut cherios?
snacks and lunch: gatorade with acacia interesting... , luna, 1 banana, pretzels, few carrots, mango and PB&J
D: leftovers from Sunday
De: apple crisp
Ex: worked heavily today and hip pain was very bad much of the time! Getting in and out is really tough. Was able to do stretches today and 10situps last night.
Other: very stinky and still somewhat C. And very exhausted!

--------------------

#213586 - 09/15/05 10:22 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

blech. i feel gross right now from a little binge. oops!

mini bagel
1/2 c apple sauce

1 1/2 c crispix

1/2 c rice pudding

1 c rice w/ mushrooms & tofu

mini bagel

luna bar
1 c crispix, 1/2 c soy milk
teddy grahams
1 bowl of smart pop kettle corn

1640. and i got home too late to go to the gym. bummer.... I hate it when that happens! grrr. sit-ups and push-ups for me. and this nighttime eating was lame. but now it's ten, so if there's anything else it'll be carrots. i'm craving orange juice, which is strange.

--------------------

#213587 - 09/15/05 10:23 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

2 protein shakes
1 c sheppards pie
1 c veggie jumbalia
1/2 c pasta + 8 oz green bean/rice puree (yick--part of my baby food experimentation to get more veggies) take it you did not like it...

random and lots of assorted ice tea and water.
oh...and gum. Which really doesn't affect me but why risk it? good point

Forgot to add. Stopped calorie counting. Making me nuts-o.
Focus on eating right for me and surrender results. Hey, whatever works for YOU!!

--------------------

#213590 - 09/15/05 10:27 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

A dry heat wave, here therefore sticking to cooling foods. Also, major hayfever attack--major stressor. Hitting those anti-oxidants with a vengence (I'm craving them obscenely!)
Body did not want tuna or egg white today. Felt ill (Iranian border felt like cooking a huge pot of onions and garlic.)Still got over 80g protein and plenty of aminos, though!

Feel dynamic with the raw/blended salads. In plant form, I consume at least 1200mg of calcium/day--unbelievable, I know...and I absorb it too due to my bloodwork results (I have osteopenia which I'm reversing and cannot tolerate supplemental calcium).

Here's what I consumed:

--2 huge bowls of greens (salad) as big as the toilet bowl including: baby spinach, belgian endive, spring mix, boston lettuce lol
--zucchini, portabellini mushrooms
--green beans, spinach herb puree (sauce) ***I ate the green beans as one would eat spaghetti with the green sauce.
It was really fun, and good. interesting... your so creative!
--brussels sprouts with basil and french lavendar, 1 c. beets
--a package of cinnamon altiods (I ate them in 2 handfuls! I needed some dragon breath!) packages???? you mean 2 whole tins?!!?! dang girl!! lol

That's all. Still listening to my body.

Kate.

--------------------

#213591 - 09/15/05 10:30 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Hi ya'll,

Here's my report for today!

Activities: At the gym - 25 mins elliptical,15 mins bike, 10 mins stair machine and then 5 mins on the treadmil (just waiting for Adrian at the end) and 30 mins weight training = 646 calories burned. WWWOOOHHHOOO... you go girl!!

Breakfast: Luna Bar = 180 calories

Snack: GeniSoy Bar = 229 calories

Lunch: Bowl of vegetable soup, 2 slices of french bread with ICBINB = 553 calories (Damn bread, can't help lovin' in!) I know...bread is my weakness too

Snack: 1 medium peach and some SnackWells potato thins = 132 calories

Dinner: Some sliced chicken breast meat from a roasted chicken, 1 slice white bread (I was at a friend's and the only SF was mashed potatoes, which she made with butter and milk so I had the bread instead) good call... , some corn and peas = 318 calories

Desert: Some berry cobler thing, which was safe.. Dunno calories, so I am going to say 300 to be safe.

So that's 1722 calories, not bad right? Felt like I was really choking down some food, trying to get used to eating more throughout the day but it was fine.
Then Adrian comes home, has had a bad day and wants me to go out with him (this is at like midnight) to get something to eat. So I went out, and ate a hamburger! It was really small, and I had it dry but still, very bad! And some of a frosty... Very, very bad! Sounds like Wendy's to me....Do I need to put you over my knee!?!?!?! LOL

That was yesterday, today I am definitely paying for it!
Up until that point, I suppose I was doing pretty well. Did well at the gym, anyway! Wait for today's report, though, not so good! tomorrow is another day!

Cheers!
--Steph

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 163 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6722

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review