Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Amount of Cardio new
      #212844 - 09/12/05 09:23 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hiya,

Ooops, no, that's not what I meant. I am doing cardio three times a week at least, two days after the weights and the one day is when I JUST do cardio.
Is three times a week not enough either?
So confusing.
Cheers!!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Went to the doctor today... new
      #212846 - 09/12/05 09:29 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

...to check out a bump thing on my elbow and to reassess (sp) my medication as I was on Colitis meds but have been cleared of colitis so am going off of it as it is mucho expensive.
Anywho, she said to me, "So, looks like you've put on some weight" and I just about started crying right there in the office. I tried to joke about it, as she made me get on the scale and she looked pretty disappointed. I told her I am really trying, and she told me to just keep at it but the weight gain being thrown back in my face just made me feel really crappy.
I just got back from an hour long walk with my dog and my mom, and tomorrow I will get back to the food diary. Still, not feeling great yet. Gymming tomorrow morning w/Adrian as well.
Thanks for all the support guys,
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: Went to the doctor today... new
      #213035 - 09/13/05 03:55 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Stephie,

Well, I don't curse...but if I did I would. Nuff said *hugs*

I have done this as n experiment twice now! If I weight myself 1st thing in the am after using the loo I will weight at least two pounds LESS than I will after a half an hour of exercising. Can you believe this non-sense?

I believe in you Stephie. We all do! YOU are doing great! It took me 4 months to begin losing weight! Not to discourage you (though I can assure you I was horribly discouraged!) from a med I took. And from some binge eating as well. And I may never get it all to come off. BUT I I am doing what I can...and I feel good about that And I know you are trying and that you WILL get results!!!

Sending you love and confidence and self love...

Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Amount of Cardio new
      #213042 - 09/13/05 04:04 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Oh, sorry I misunderstood!!

According to my trainer, the ideal amount of cardio for fat burning is 200 minutes a week, so that's what I aim for. I don't always make it, but I try!

Re: *cries* Gained more weight... Need some encouragement new
      #213109 - 09/13/05 08:40 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

aww stephie---im sorry youre feeling so down sweetie i was feeling that way too b/c i had gained maybe 2 pounds in europe and the HOUSEKEEPER said something to me about it!!

*BIG HUG* it sounds like you have a very good work-out regimine [sp??] i would just say stick to eating well. i always tell myself "in time" or "soon" when im trying to watch my shape. i was actually really prone to not wanting to eat and then all of a sudden i got on this really healthy kick and have been eating tons of salad, veggies, squashes and everything in between!!

perhaps your body is just adjusting to the work outs that youre doing. i started these at-home exercises that my dads chiropractor/nutritionist told me to do and my thighs and butt got more bulky then they had ever been! it sucked and i quit them. but that lady told me that would happen. its the muscles expanding but if you keep with it continuously, the muscles shrink back down slimmer. take your trainer's advice and follow a really good eating plan. im sure youll do/be fine

in the meantime, you should watch some lifetime TV!!! the nanny always makes me feel better LOL!! bye hun!

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

Jenny, is weight lifting considered cardio? n-t new
      #213211 - 09/14/05 09:22 AM
Snow for Sarala

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Nope. new
      #213320 - 09/14/05 01:37 PM
chinagrl

It doesn't get your heart rate up nearly enough.

Re: Nope. new
      #213393 - 09/14/05 05:27 PM
Snow for Sarala

Thanks! I don't know about these things Now I'm gonna go read your cardio post to Stephie about how much cardio is enough! Thanks for sharing your expertise!!!! *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

200 minutes a week? new
      #213395 - 09/14/05 05:29 PM
Snow for Sarala

Say i do 5 mins hoola hoop, 5 mins stretching, 5 mins dancing, 5 mins yoga...do the 5 mins of cardio in between count as cardio mins? I'd better get to finding more 5-15 min stretches a day!

Thanks Jenny!!!!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: 200 minutes a week? new
      #213396 - 09/14/05 05:31 PM
chinagrl

Yep, any time you're doing something active and your heart rate goes up it counts. It doesn't all have to be together in one block at all. So in theory you could make sure you bounce around the house 6 times a day for 5 minutes.

I like to put mine in blocks though. Cause I'm lazy and I want to get it all over at once.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 26 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 18414

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review