All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
REPORTING IN - 8/28/05
      #209183 - 08/27/05 10:21 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 8/28 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

REPORTING IN - Steph's Weekend at the fair and **Weigh In** new
      #209275 - 08/28/05 02:15 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi all,

Well, I have tracked my calories and thank goodness because we spent the weekend housesitting at a friend's house and we went to the PNE (Pacific National Exhibition) and ate "fair food" and if anyone has been to a massive fair thing, you know that's NOT GOOD. Yesterday, for example I had... a bite of a hamburger, a bite of a corn dog, half a hot dog, an orange julius, some mini donuts, a mini cheesecake thing... Oh, it was BAD! Very, very bad!

Anyway, so today I have had a Luna bar, will have a peice of bread with some LF peanut butter and strawberries, and am having grilled halibut with either rice or potatoes and some veggies for dinner.

But I did go to the gym...
7 minutes on the bike, twice around the weight circuit (12-15 reps on 12 machines today), 10 minutes on the stair master. I might do another 10-30 minutes on the elliptical at home if I feel so inclined.

And then I weighed myself... After eating two days of total CRAP, I was feeling very guilty and worrying about my weigh in and thought that if I gained more weight, I only had myself to blame so then I stepped on the scale.....

I LOST 3.5 LBS!!!!!
That means, including my 1.5 lb gain last week, I have lost 2 lbs since I started going to the gym more regularly!!
YAY!!
The good news is I KNOW that I am still not where I should be with food, and I think if I can get a better handle on that then I will be doing even better.
I am so happy, yay!!

Cheers!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

WELL DONE STEPHIE!!! new
      #209279 - 08/28/05 02:48 PM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Thats great!! I put on a few pounds after our dublin trip last week, but I seem to have lost them quickly cos I have a wedding to go to on friday and need to get into my outfit so have been manic exercising and eating very sensibly for the past few days. Keep up the good work....oh and if you want advice on the food thing, coming from the girl whos changed her diet more times this summer than ever before, Ive found setting myself set breakfast lunch and teas that are balanced with protein, carbs and veggies seems to stop me craving anything and when Im hungry and Ive been snacking on fruit purees....this seems to be working for me, helping the tummy and losing weight easier. Not exactly something probably dont already know, but planning meals in advance really seems to help!

--------------------
Natalie

Thanks Natalie! new
      #209289 - 08/28/05 03:49 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hiya!
Oh my god, it does just feel so good to watch the scale go DOWN finally instead up creeping UP all the time!
I am having a hard time eating healthy, balanced meals. I think probably my two biggest problems with food are:
-Not eating enough in the day, ending up eating maybe 2 big meals but that's it
-Sugar. I know I eat too much refined sugar, I am trying to cut it back but I end up snacking on high sugar stuff.

I would love some of your ideas on meals.. that would be really great. I wish I could plan ahead better, but I always end up not doing any planning, having no food in the house to eat, so skipping meals. Bad Stephanie!
One thing I liked about that Zone diet plan was that it gave set meals, and a shopping list for the week. Problem was, the shopping list for one week was REALLY expensive for someone on my sort of budget so it was just impossible.

Anyway, I'm glad you are finding the extra weight coming off too and have an awesome time at that wedding!

**hugs**
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: REPORTING IN - Steph's Weekend at the fair and **Weigh In** new
      #209300 - 08/28/05 05:31 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Way to go, Steph! It sounds like you'ved 'rev'ed' up your metabolism. Keep tracking, eating sanely, and working out for the joy of it--great stress reliever!

Kate.

Yay Stephie!! new
      #209302 - 08/28/05 05:58 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

I know how frustrated you've been so this is great news! Keep on doing your gym thing!

Re: REPORTING IN - 8/28/05 new
      #209312 - 08/28/05 08:07 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

cheerios
biscuits w/ veggie sausage and faux gravy
pizza w/ potato, rosemary, and red onion
crackers

(hmm... bad Jenny. Nothing green on here at all.)

Also, for the seventeenth time this summer (slight exaggeration), our car broke. So I couldn't go to my personal training appointment. I am pissed.

#209319 - 08/28/05 09:07 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Yay Steph! Congrats!!!!

#209323 - 08/28/05 09:34 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

That's great Steph! I'm so glad that you're seeing results! Congrats

Re: REPORTING IN - 8/28/05 new
      #209327 - 08/28/05 10:33 PM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

yay steph, by the way. i wish i had the self control to weigh in once a week rather than almost every morning!

alright, today...

1 c apple cinnamon cheerios
1/2 c soy milk

baked doritos
3 boiled pierogies w/ a dab of butter

3/4 c chocolate sorbet

luna bar

mini bagel

1245! can't believe that's all, but i really don't think i'm forgetting anything.

gym: 30 minutes elliptical, 15 minutes full-body bike (it has arm things), 60 crunches, 20 push-ups, 1.5 miles walking, stretching like it's going out of style.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 151 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4081

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review