Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
roar roar roar!
      #208612 - 08/25/05 06:15 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

Hi guys!

I don't know whats wrong with me! I need advice, I have somehow gained alot of weight over the past year. I cannot fit into hardly any of my old clothes!!!

I have a good ten pounds of flab that hang over all my skirts and pants. I've started buying new clothes that fit me now, so i dont' need to lose a trillion pounds, but enough that I can wear both sizes successfully.

This is seriously depressing me. I eat NOTHING different now. If anything I eat a heck of alot healthier than I did a year ago. I mean on this diet how bad can you really be ( I avoid fried, fatty, cheesey everything more often than not).

I mean is there a secret switch that turns on when you are 23 that sends your metabolism to nothing. (I'm 24 now, but this began happening a year ago).

I need help, I need motivation, beacuse I am really not happy with my body right now. I mean I have belly flab!!! and its not just bloat, its straight up, hang over my cute cute skirts and pants belly flab, back fat, and bit arms and thighs

I will admit my gym visits have been slacking, but the first time I've ever stepped foot in a gym was when I was 23 and a half so its not like I used to work out.

All of my clothes are 2, and 4's. I've given up on the 2's forever, and I've bought a bunch of 6's to wear in the meantime, but I'd like to get down in the 4-6 range instead of even 6's being tight lately. I'm trying to forget about the two's because honestly I'm sure it will never happen for me again considering I already eat healthy now, and can't seem to keep off the weight.

Whats even sadder is that my aunt is always like remember when you were skinnier, you looked so cute. remember when you were erinn's (my sister) size, look how amazing she looks

and then at my grams funeral.. I remember seeing you in the fashion show Ashley when you were skinny.

seriously what is wrong with people! i'm a 6 and people tell me they can remember when I used to be skinny. Peoples minds are screwed up, beacuse I IN NO WAY think that I am even remotely large, but I just want to fit in my clothes.

I need help. I feel really yucky.

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: roar roar roar! new
      #208641 - 08/25/05 08:48 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Hey Ashley,

Your metabolism does slow down as you get older and it gets harder to lose weight. I wish I could tell you what to do to lose some pounds, because I'm in the same boat. I know cardio does temporarily boost your metabolism, and weight training does in the long term.

The fact is that you're in the lovely baby making years, and your body is storing fat for that process, whether you want it to or not.

And people who tell you a size six is fat are just jerks.

Maybe someone else will have more helpful advice than me.

#208642 - 08/25/05 08:53 PM
retrograde

Hey Ashley, sorry you're feeling so down Ugh, family can be terrible sometimes, can't they?! I'm sure they mean well (most of the time) but they sure know how to make yourself feel like crap when they start, don't they... rrg

Anyway, yeah. Can't give you a total answer here or anything obviously - we gain weight for about a million different reasons. Age is one, but at 23/24 it's not a huge factor - still a factor though as your metabolism does start to slow down a bit in your mid 20s. Less physical activity is a factor too probably. Stress can be a big one. Etc etc etc...

Whatever the cause though, I think your best bet is to just focus on being more physically active in all aspects of your life. Try to get back to the gym as much as possible yes but also walk more places, take the stairs, park further away etc. That'll speed up your metabolism. Make sure you're eating small meals often too. AND give yourself a big pat on the back for eating healthier!

Hope that's even a little bit helpful, probably not telling you anything you didn't already know Don't stress too much about it - I'm sure you still look amazing as always and that once you focus on taking some of the weight off it will start to come off. Best of luck!

#208649 - 08/25/05 09:58 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

I know size six is small! I think they can recognize that, but they do all think that I look much better smaller than a size six apparently.

I kinda agree.. the only thing I like better now is the fact that my boobs are noticeably bigger. Last time my mom saw me she accused me of a boob job.

--------------------

#208650 - 08/25/05 10:03 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

thanks for the info!

its really so sad, because I feel like at this rate i'll weigh three times my size by the time I hit thirty.

I've progressively started putting on weight over the last two years. Coincidently I quit smoking two years ago about when the weight gain started, but it hasn't stopped.. so I dunno if I can really attribute it to that.

I'm trying to be more active, but its hard to find the motivation. All winter I worked out and did cardio three times a week,strength training 2 times a week and I ended up looking larger than I did before I started.

--------------------

#208690 - 08/26/05 05:51 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

Congrats for quitting smoking anyway!!

I did hit a point in life where I gained more easily, for me that was about 25-26. Same as you, I was eating better, exercising more, but no difference!! Even now I know if I really want to lose a bit, I've got to work for it. It sucks huh? And I'd love to keep far from 6s too....I've got a few, and it's fine, but when you have a lot of 4s you just want to wear those and keep the 6s for the bloated days!!
But there's hope!! I know you were going to increase your cardio with running and other stuff, believe me, that will help. Don't get too discouraged! Give yourself a few weeks of serious working out and see where that gets you!

--------------------

#208729 - 08/26/05 07:37 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

I can kinda relate as I've gained weight too and none of my clothes are fitting right. It sucks

As for your questions, I know when I turned 25 I definitey gained some extra weight.

As Casey said in a response to my post about agining weight, being stable can come at a small price=weight gain.

I always gain weight in the summer, maybe you do too? Try not to feel too yucky as a size 6 is a very healthy size!

#208754 - 08/26/05 09:12 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

thanks tina..

In the past i've always lost weight in the summer, but that is most certainly not the case this summer, or last summer.

--------------------

Just to add... new
      #208772 - 08/26/05 09:52 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Have you ever seen the movie Pretty Woman? I loved that movie..anyhow, when Julia Roberts goes shopping for some new clothes, the saleswoman says "you're a size six, right"...and Julia says "yes, how'd you know"?

Point is, if someone as beautiful as Julia Roberts wears a size six, that ain't bad!

I know it's just a silly movie...but I will aways remember that line...as I am a recovered and still trying to gain, anorexic. If I ever felt too big...I remembered that line and I felt better. Silly, but it really helped me. Don't laugh!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#208790 - 08/26/05 10:16 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Can I roar too? A 6 is like a UK 10, isn't it? That's TINY. Ohmigod, I've given up on my small 12s forever! I guess I'm a 10 US.

The only thing with this diet is that it can be easy to eat more cals than you realise just b/c it all seems so healthy. Try fitday.com to get an accurate picture of what you ARE eating.

ROOOOOAAAARRRRR!

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 179 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4229

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review