All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
REPORTING IN - 8/24/05
      #207969 - 08/23/05 10:08 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 8/24 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 8/24/05 new
      #208212 - 08/24/05 02:45 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I'm behind in reporting, but I'm still keeping my personal food diary ("Dear Diary: Today I enjoyed steamed broccoli florets. They were delicious, cuuuute, and full of nutrients. I hope I have a good poo. Love, M." Joking! Really, I don't keep that kind of food journal!).

Guess what? I've swung to C! It's not too bad and I'm "regular" on most days. It's happened before, so does that make me an A? I think it definitely means I need some more IF! Hence, the broccoli.

Haven't had my monthly check-up with my PCP in three months. She's on maternity leave and I don't like her medical partner (a woman who lives for giving rectal exams and always wants you to get naked--even for an earache--and who laughed at my skinny shakey legs after making me do thirty squats to check my physical strength. Nah, I'm not bitter ). But I am holding out until October when my lovely doctor returns. In the meantime, I'm doing well and so grateful to have these boards and you guys to talk to.

Anyway, that means I haven't been weighed since April. I'm trying to gain weight, and I think I am! At least, when I look in the mirror I don't see "Lollipop Girl."

I'm still suffering from general wimpiness, but I'm definitely doing better than I was six months ago. Small steps still count, right?!

#208254 - 08/24/05 05:22 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

B: maltomeal and banana
Snacks and lunch: luna, 2 banana, cupcake, zucchini bread, pretzels, little soy ice cream
D: hakka ginger chicken , 1 thigh, rice, carrots, a tiny bit spinach
De: plan on mango and melon
Total: under 2000.
Exercise: worked and then did back and ab exercises.
Thinking about my weight. I don't really feel heavier and my clothes fit the same, but I have been gassier and more bloated because of the bad weekend food. Last year my good streak ended in early Sept. Well I will weigh myself again at the end of next week.
Started new job today. I almost decided to not start it (I could get unemployment if I did not take the job), but then they called and I went ahead with it. I didn't get to start until 10 because of the stupid woman at the electric company. I am pretty bummed about having to take this new job! It's not really the money but the whole situation. I want my electric bill lowered if my pay has to be lowered so much! I am sure they are saving some money!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

small steps surely count new
      #208270 - 08/24/05 06:44 PM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

Just remember, the tortoise won!

Be proud of yourself, Maria!

#208277 - 08/24/05 07:46 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Ok, first the not so great news:

cheerios
thai noodle soup
apple w/ peanut butter (too much, I love that stuff too much)
1/2 individual package of baked Lays
Half a sandwich (some sort of veggie thing)
fruit cup
3 slices homemade pizza
salad

Good news:
37 min run @ 5.5 mph
20 min elliptical @ level 7
13 min bike @ level 7

total: 70 min

only 130 to go for the week! I fell off the horse (well, actually horseback riding was about the only exercise I got the last three weeks) but now I am dragging myself back on it!

LITTLE BEAR is sick new
      #208295 - 08/24/05 09:47 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

still sick today *sniff sniff sniff*cough*
didnt eat much today--but thats fine

woke up at 7 again-- [didnt eat until noon-ish]

-peppermint tea w/acacia
-vegan multigrain toast w/organic strawberry jelly
-bowl/blueberry-flax bran and soymilk
-whipped tofu w/fakin bacon sandwich w/spinich

-2+ L/water
-few coughdrops
-50 situps
-1 dogwalk around the block
-2 mile bike ride [ YAY! i finally did it!]
-aaand 6 psyllium caps

i feel drained. meh--

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

REPORTING IN - 8/24/05 new
      #208298 - 08/24/05 10:04 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi all!
Looks like I have fallen off the Reporting Wagon again! Oh well, here goes for today...

Activities: At the gym = 15 minutes on the bike, twice around the weight circuit (12-15 reps on each of 10 machines). Back at home = 20 more minutes on the elliptical. We only got a short while at the gym today as we had to hurry off so Adrian could get to work.

Breakfast: Luna Bar = 180 calories

Lunch: Turkey Meatballs and two small potato cake thingies = 427 calories

Snack: Apple Crisp Granola Bar = 192 calories

Dinner: Okay, this is what we MADE.. Grilled halibut with mango salsa, corn on the cob and asparagus. I didn't have any of the salsa as it had raw onions and I HATE raw onions.. I only had a couple of bites of fish as it wasn't well cooked AND it tasted funny because I think the grill was kinda nasty. So I had half a cob or corn, and 5 spears of asparagus. = How many calories? Dunno... I am going to put 200.

Snack: Glass of juice = 91 calories

I might have some more fruit later on, or something else.. I am pretty hungry since I ate so little at dinner, I just didn't have anything else in the house.
Note: I am also proud of myself as Adrian got mad at me YET AGAIN and I started crying in the gym parking lot and I did not just eat because I was upset, which I have been known to do! (And we made up, so no worries).

I feel like my body hasn't changed at all yet, but I feel proud of myself because I have been trying really hard.

--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: Stephie new
      #208313 - 08/25/05 02:56 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Doesn't stress do a number on your tummy?

Congratulations on keeping with the program. It takes time for your body to change--so, one day, one moment, one choice at a time. If you can dream it, you can do it. Stay affirmative!

Kate.

Re: LOL, "Lollipop Girl" new
      #208314 - 08/25/05 03:08 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

What a great image, Maria. You've come a long way. You're right, it's the accumulation of steps--big or small. I'm worried about your wobbly legs, though. Could it be a GAD effect, too? I know when I'm pancicky, my legs just want to give out. I feel like a marshmellow, or "Gumby Girl." It happens when I dissociate as a fear/panic response. I just float totally above myself and feel like a big talking head. How's your circulation? I'm doing grounding exercises and that helps. Truly, it's hard to be an "Earth Girl."

Lol! (re: food diary spoof) I like broccoli, but with LOTS OF MUSHROOMS!!! I think I'm on an A swing, thankfully, as well. Must be the weather.

Kate.

#208349 - 08/25/05 07:09 AM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

blech. i don't know what's going on. i gave myself one free pass for a bad breakfast this morning (8/25 - this cheesy, eggy 'breakfast pizza' from whole foods), trying the theory of indulging the craving once rather than fighting it all day and overeating little by little with no success of stemming it off. it may have worked, because i am full (of bad things, of course), and all i can fathom eating for the rest of the day is fruit, water, and tea. of course, that'll change. but back to yesterday.

mini bagel

kashi heart smart oatmeal
1 c soy milk

1 c white rice
tofu (1/3 package)

3/4 c apple cinnamon cheerios (dry)
banana

roasted potatoes w/ ketchup

16 reduced-fat wheat thins
4 pieces dried papaya
english muffin w/ soy cream cheese

1850 says the fitday.com. about 20 minutes of walking.

i think the little binge at night was emotional, as was the breakfast pizza this morning - last night i went to a (wonderful but angstful) play with this boy who i've liked for years, who dates girls who are my polar opposite, tiny blonde things with no brains or sense of humor, blah blah blah. you get the idea. and he's going back to school tomorrow, so last night was our good-bye after a lovely summer, and i was on donnatol so i was all spaced out, and now he's leaving the city. of course, as i was snacking my way around the kitchen, it *felt* like i was just still hungry... except for the english muffin. that felt like eating for eating's sake. i guess i'm still down from last night this morning. i probably ought to sit down with a friend and talk, but it's such an old story, me being sad about this boy, and i'm allegedly over him, have for a while claimed to be reconciled with the fact that we will always only be just friends. but he's a dear friend of mine, so even without the feelings i may or may not have for him, impossible happy endings i may or may not still be a little attached to, his leaving is sad... and then there's all this job angst... and i guess this leaves me realizing i may be a little more upset than i'd thought. un-upset people don't ramble on about upsetting things like i just did, do they?

but being fat doesn't make me feel better. so back on the wagon with me.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 127 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6295

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review