View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Weight
      #207572 - 08/22/05 05:30 PM
Honey_bun

Reged: 03/09/05
Loc: Canada!

Hey guys,
Do you find that your weight is constantly going up and down? I just cant seem to stay at one weight. When my IBS was really bad, i dropped 43 (some with exercise...) pounds...and now im gaining weight. Im i think 5"2, or 5"3, and im about 148 pounds. As soon as my IBS gets stable, and i try to incorporate more foods, i pack the weight on! Its so frustrating. I NEED to start exercising...but its like my ammune system is weak because of lack of nutrients, and i get sick easily and have no energy. Does anyone have any healthy food suggestions..like snacks and or meals? What about Pilates? Does that have a lot of cardio in it? Im so fed up with weight...sometimes i think to myself, "melissa, dont worry about it so much.." and then other times i just think im a huge blimp. Im not trying to fish for compliments or anything..i just need to vent, and hopefully get some advice about healthy snacks and maybe some possible cardio routines people enjoy? thanks alot guys..
Melissa

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Weight new
      #207758 - 08/23/05 10:00 AM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

hi melissa im sure no one thinks youre fishing for compliments!! we all need to vent i agree with you on the up-and-down weight of IBS. mine jumps between 2-4 lbs daily, so dont feel alone.

i wish i could offer you some encouragement to get into exercising but i myself am procrastinating on that subject too i wish i wasnt b/c i know i need to exercise now while im young enough to make a difference. i feel like each day i dont do much, its a waste of what i couldve done.

maybe try starting slow. im starting with 50 situps a day before i move to a higher number. if i give myself too high of a number like 200 a day, then its easier for me to put them off b/c it seems like a lot to do. i definately recommend starting slow. pilates is good. its relaxing, but not too complex like yoga. sometimes yoga stresses me out b/c im afraid im not "breathing right". you could set up some kind of pilates routine [they have easy routines, 3X week/30min a day] and add in the situps and gradually increase your activity at your own pace. if you have a bike, you could bike around your neighborhood, or walk a dog. things like that are no-brainers b/c theyre free to your use!! when i think of "working out" i think of big smelly gym, expensive membership, tons of people and unwelcome judging eyes [im far from overweight but i hate judging eyes anyways] i think thats why i put it off too.

i hope that helps some! good luck!!

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

#207771 - 08/23/05 10:29 AM
Honey_bun

Reged: 03/09/05
Loc: Canada!

Hey!
Thanks for your reply. Your right, i guess "working out" doesnt just have to be at a big sweaty gym. And My weight goes up and down 2-4 pounds daily as well! thanks alot for your reply! I think i might just go for a walk today! lol
Melissa

#207799 - 08/23/05 12:05 PM
SCgirl

Reged: 05/24/05
Loc: Charleston SC

Well, I am 6'0 and 155lbs.(This is all in my butt and hipd unfortunately). I can totally feel where you are coming from. My weight also feels like on even a day to day basis it goes up and down. This may be because I am C most of the time and bloated. The past couple of months I have been getting really bad about not working out and I have been eating like a pig!lol I guess thats what summer does to some people...relaxing a little too much. Today actually I am going up to my local YMCA and signing up for some excersise classes. I am so excited about taking a cycling class! Anyone every tried this?? I heard it was an awesome workout! I have also done Pilates at home from a DVD I bought. Let me know how it goes...I need some advice too!

youre welcome! new
      #207885 - 08/23/05 02:39 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

glad that i could help i think fall is the best time to be outside!!

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 59 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2637

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review