All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
REPORTING IN - 8/22/05
      #207390 - 08/22/05 07:16 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 8/22 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 8/22/05 new
      #207410 - 08/22/05 09:08 AM
heather robin

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: S.E. Pennsylvania

I haven't been near a computer much to report in. But I have been keeping a paper journal. Good news is I lost another pound to pound and 1/2, so now I am about 166. I really think it is the exercising I have been doing. So I am going to concentrate on that and not so much about the food. I will report in as often as I can.

--------------------
IBS-D

#207637 - 08/22/05 08:10 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Rave reviews/feedback from my MD re: perfect sodium/potassium/chloride levels. Now, the trick is to be consistent with balanced electrolytes.

Activity? Just bumming around the mall. A few errands. Yes, I'm LAZY!!!

Here's what I consumed:

--a pot of coffee
--over 2 L water
--at least 6 c. herbal tea (Fennel Rooibos, Tropic of Strawberry)
--4 c. Ocean Spray Light Cran-Grape Juice
--over 1 L. Club Soda
--1 L broth

--Roast Fennel and Baby carrots (Huge fennel bulb, 1 c. baby carrots)
--spinach and portabella mushrooms (pureed spinach with balsalmic dressing, lots of basil and dill, shallots, a little dijon)
--green/yellow beans (Fatfree Zesty Italian dressing and Thai Chili Garlic Sauce)
--Faux-tatoes (Mashed cauliflower) with portabella and white mushrooms, watercress, parsley, and green onions (and Thai Chili Garlic Sauce!)
--4 pickles

That's all. I'm trying to eat more IF. I'm fine as long as
I take enzymes. I sure hit the fungi today, though!!! (I think I've got about 8 lbs. in my fridge)(Seriously!)

Kate.

#207640 - 08/22/05 08:16 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Hey guys... long time, no report. You should know that in the past month I have eaten everything in this hemisphere, and am now quite plump (it was so good though, and since I was with my bestest friend- who I see once a year- it was worth it). Anyway, I have returned, and shall try my best to eat healthily, avoid alcohol, and report in.

Today:
cheerios
veggie burger
green beans
apple w/ bit o' peanut butter
ufo
pasta with brocolli
too many glasses of chardonnay

As you can see, food went well today, but alcohol didn't. Plus no real exercise. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

#207709 - 08/23/05 07:04 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

So fat! Weight before breakfast: 130.5. So I gained 4 pounds in less than 3 weeks! It was all those cookies and bars over the last few days and my sweet tooth of late.
B: MOM
snacks and lunch: 1 banana cupcake, 2 bananas, 1 mango, 1/3 cantaloupe, luna bar
D: boca burger, fresh new potatoes roasted with rosemary/garlic oil, grilled zucchini
DE: soy ice cream
Total: under 1600
Exercise: biked to hair appt, total about 17-18 miles. Cleaned kitchen. Need to do sit ups and Roman chair more times each week.
Other: stinky gas continues after the bad food I ate for the last few days.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#207717 - 08/23/05 07:44 AM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

the day of my theatre company's reading. stressful. tried to stick to safe foods, but all the veggies from the night before, and a weekend of too much fat, caught up with me.

oatmeal w/ soy milk

apple cinnamon cheerios w/ soy milk

large sweet potato w/ lots of salt (so addicted to these)

(and here, around 5:30, the stomach rumbling started. or rather, the rumblings in my *back* started, all the way up into my ribcage. thought it was just gas, but then the d struck. first real attack i've had in a while. oddly without pain, which i think was the fact that i was at work and didn't need to panic about finding a bathroom. made a cup of double-strong fennel tea, took a donnatol. i was fine by the time the reading started, but it's scary to be starting a strong attack an hour before you're supposed to be running a stressful event. hence the d. love this stuff.)

plain bagel

apple pie (we went to a dessert cafe after the reading - this was the best i could find. and feeling better, having eaten so little all day, and having evacuated my system a bit, i was really hungry. turned out fine, and back to careful now.)

1320, and still just 19% fat! without the apple pie, i probably would have eaten too little. not enough protein, but i was trying to be safe and mostly sf.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

#207747 - 08/23/05 09:30 AM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

i hate posting the day after b/c i can never remember my foods grr--heres my best try:

-woke up at 730AM
-organic flax/blueberry cereal w/soymilk
-2 organic mini strawberry muffins

-2 more mini muffins
-1/2 organic plum

-VEGAN peach cobblar soy-ice cream w/half VEGAN icecream sandwich [SINFUL! but good]
-flax/blueberry cereal bar [organic]

-1 more little devil-muffin!
-peppermint tea w/acacia
-vegan pizza [homemade--this time I made it! ]

-1 more bowl/ flax & bran with blueberries and soymilk

-YES for water
-50 situps
-went for a bikeride/walk-jog w/my BF to the forest

-went to sleep at 1230PM [felt tired though around 10]

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

??? new
      #207748 - 08/23/05 09:35 AM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

whats roman chair ?

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

roman chair new
      #207872 - 08/23/05 02:23 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

it is an apparatus for working the back muscles. You lean over the top and are suspended from your hips up, then you lean down and push yourself up with the back muscles.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 109 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2788

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review