All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
better choices, newbie checking in
      #207099 - 08/21/05 12:56 AM
rob n

Reged: 08/18/05
Loc: WA

I'm so glad I found this site, and the forum looks great! I don't talk much about my IBS stuff to "normal" people, they just don't understand. Got carried away with outside work today and had a long stretch without food...uh oh. Caught myself slugging poweraid and smoking instead of pausing to eat. Not good. Out of potatoes, the rice ( I keep a supply cooked in the fridge) smells funny, and just a little ground turkey breast. I see a few old TV dinners in the freezer. They call out to me " come on, 7 minutes to dietary heaven". What they don't say of course is that GI hell is sure to follow.
Tonight my choice was to have oatmeal with just a little finely minced nuts and rasins added after eating a bit plain first. Then started exploring forums here,trying some yoga, and sipping room temp Silk. Feeling good is FUN. Sure beats laying on the floor moaning in pain. I never did like doing that. Glad to be here!

--------------------
Robert IBS-D 6 Yrs

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: better choices, newbie checking in new
      #207218 - 08/21/05 02:00 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

welcome rob have fun surfin!!

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

#207234 - 08/21/05 03:23 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

I'm so glad I found this site, and the forum looks great! I don't talk much about my IBS stuff to "normal" people, "normal" people...I love it...is there such a thing? hehehe they just don't understand. Got carried away with outside work today and had a long stretch without food...uh oh. Caught myself slugging poweraid and smoking instead of pausing to eat. Not good. Yes, that is a bad boy!! But at least you KNOW that! Out of potatoes, the rice ( I keep a supply cooked in the fridge) smells funny, LOL...been there! and just a little ground turkey breast. I see a few old TV dinners in the freezer. They call out to me " come on, 7 minutes to dietary heaven". What they don't say of course is that GI hell is sure to follow. Give them to a someone else to eat!!
Tonight my choice was to have oatmeal with just a little finely minced nuts and rasins added after eating a bit plain first. That sounds good too. Then started exploring forums here,trying some yoga, and sipping room temp Silk. Feeling good is FUN. Sure beats laying on the floor moaning in pain. I never did like doing that. Glad to be here! oh my goodness..... you are funny!! We are glad you are here with us too! Hey, you know about Fall Sprawl in Las Vegas don't ya? If not...check it out...we would LOVE to have you and your humor join us!! www.ibsfallsprawl.com

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#207238 - 08/21/05 03:45 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Welcome to the boards! Glad that you've found us and that Heather's diet has been helping you feel better (when you're good )

Kelly

#207251 - 08/21/05 05:25 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Welcome Rob.

I've totally been there, i.e. slugging the Gatorade and chainsmoking versus eating--not to mention pots of black coffee and Coke.

I've also done my fair share of rolling on the floor in agony.

Congratulations on choosing to be KIND to yourself, today. Once you get on a roll, you actually enjoy feeling not only much better, but pretty darn good.

Kate.

#207574 - 08/22/05 05:34 PM
Honey_bun

Reged: 03/09/05
Loc: Canada!

Welcome to the boards! this place is the best
Melissa

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 165 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2417

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review