All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 8/20/05
      #206851 - 08/19/05 05:52 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 8/20 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

REPORTING IN - 8/20/05 - Steph's Weigh In new
      #207031 - 08/20/05 04:07 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi all,

So the last couple of days I haven't had time to do all my reports, but I still have been doing well. I went to the gym every day except Thursday-Friday, but I did cardio on Thursday at home. Friday I took the day off.
Food wise I've been doing alright, but as soon as I am not careful I end up dropping way low on calories.. so that's not been great the last few days. Ooops.

So today I went back to the gym..

Activities: 7 mins on the bike, twice around the weight circuit, 10 mins of sit ups and then 10 more minutes on the bike = 240 calories burned

Breakfast: Apple Granola Bar = 192 calories

Lunch: Mango Rasperry Fruit Bar = 210 calories (bad, bad lunch)

Snack: Starbucks blended lemonade drink = ???

Dinner: Going out for dinner and I plan to have roasted potatoes, grilled chicken and maybe one drink. It's Saturday!!

And for my weigh in.........

I gained 1.5 lbs since last Saturday! Whoopsie! Oh well, I didn't really think I'd lose any in the first week and I figure that I can call those 1.5 lbs water weight or anything else.. my weight tends to go up and down up to 5.5 lbs in ONE DAY.
I know it will take longer than one week to see any results, though, so I am not stressing.

Cheers!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: REPORTING IN - 8/20/05 new
      #207051 - 08/20/05 04:39 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

B: Malt o meal usual way 275 4g
snacks prelunch: banana, 1 piece choc zucchini cake (will post the awesome recipe) 1 mini banana cupcake, 1 monster cookie
L: can't say really what I ate from noon to 6. I was at a church renovation and the food was everywhere! tiny bit pasta salad (mine) tiny bit cucumber salad (mine), tiny bit rice, tiny bit potato chic or pork? thing, tiny bit cooked vegetable thing, 1 choc chip cookie, 1 eng toffee cookie, popsicle, I think that is it
D: salmon, zucchini, tomato and bread skewers with shallot sauce, this had some butter and too much oil but I was making it for a recipe contest.
DE: sorbet
getting gassy from dinner and all the oil
Exercise: did almost full weight/ball routine and gardened at the church renovation pretty heavy. tired.
Other: my weird moods etc are continuing. Now I hope I am not pregnant or something! Otherwise doing good.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#207069 - 08/20/05 06:20 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Yikes! What a nasty day. I have a rude case of edema--SWELLING: ankles, legs, belly; EVERYTHING. Plus I'm C from taking too much Peptobismal! I've been using a lot of salt and salt products and I think I beyond over-did it.
My legs are watermelons--it's spooky.

So...here's what I've consumed so far, today:

--3 jello cups (3 x 1/2 c.)
--water, over 2L; 1/2 pot coffee; 4 cups tea.
--1 L broth

--2 plates zucchini
--spinach/herbs
--2 plates portabella mushrooms
--12 yellow cherry tomatoes
--4 small heads of lettuce
--a green onion

NO MORE LETTUCE FOR ME. I hate it and I feel waterlogged.
I don't know how to manage this HUGE problem other than drinking lots. I might take some MILK OF MAGNESIA and rid myself of this agony--I feel like a bag of **** !!!

Potential snacks later? Probably some Cran-Grape juice spritzers. AND DEFINITELY more water and/or tea!!! Maybe more jellow, too. I am such a huge fool. When will I see my knee caps again??? I give up.

Kate.

Edited by Wind (08/20/05 09:09 PM)

LITTLE BEAR new
      #207171 - 08/21/05 10:31 AM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

hi guys im going to start posting again--hopefully i will stick to it longer this time

-peppermint tea w/acacia
-organic bran cereal w/soymilk
-organic plum
-1 cup/vegan-organic macaroni [homemade!!]

-dairy-free vanilla soyogurt
-organic chips
-FF organic hummus
-2.5 thin-slices/vegan-organic pizza [homemade!!]
-dairy-free soy-icecream sandwich *sinful*

-1 more bowl/cereal with soymilk *midnight snack!*

-6 psyllium caps
-8 8OZ mini-bottles/H2O

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

Are you home yet? new
      #207172 - 08/21/05 10:35 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

And what brand/name cereal are you eating?

Hope to see more of you, Ashley!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#207174 - 08/21/05 10:43 AM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

not sure if i remembered everything - stopped writing things down around dinner. i think this is it.

and i can i also say: these thomas' mini bagels - they have more protein than a soy yogurt, less fat, and fewer calories. that's some sort of tricky miracle.

okay.

mini bagel w/ soy cream cheese
banana

pb&j
baby food jar of bananas & berries
soy milk
3oz dried papaya

sweet potato 'chips' w/ ketchup

luna bar
1 piece dried papaya

2 glasses of half sprite half cranberry juice
(at a party, and feeling a little queasy - the burping from the carbonation always makes me feel better. and there was no air conditioning.)

that's 1940. would've been much nicer without the soda & juice.

walked to work at the museum today, 30 minutes. also stood for 7 and a half hours! not that that counts for much activity, but it just had to be said. yay second job saturdays.

had a bout of lacking inspiration this weekend, mostly brought about by my own 'slipping.' was thinking of stopping posting, stopping being *so* precise. generally discouraged and about to do the giving up after three days thing that is my specialty. counting calories so precisely can be disheartening when i eat more that i meant to. but keeping track, here and in my food diary and on that crazy fitday website, makes me stay accountable. if i have to face up to it, and post even when i mess up, maybe i'll be less likely to overeat. it only really happens when i'm home alone (unhealthy relationship to food alert), and if i make myself post here, then someone still sees me. not that it's good that left to my own devices i'd overeat. but i think you know what i mean. i guess i just need the support.

and now my cat is sitting on my shoulders and kneading the back of my neck. life isn't too bad.

okay, now she's digging her claws into my head.

and now she's asleep.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

YEP=) new
      #207199 - 08/21/05 12:25 PM
little bear

natures path optimum slim??? its from whole foods---and really yummy!!!

and yep--im home!!

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

watermelon? new
      #207217 - 08/21/05 01:46 PM
little bear

why are your legs and ankles swelling?

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

Re: watermelon? new
      #207226 - 08/21/05 02:38 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

It's just one of those freaky edema reactions. My doctor told me to use LOTS OF SALT as I have dangerously low sodium/chloride levels and I think I overdid it. No, I NOW KNOW I OVERDID IT! Also, I ate too much lettuce which is all water and I was walking around full of salt water all day long. I'M NEVER EVER EVER CONSUMING RAW LETTUCE ever again. I felt like a cesspool!

The day before I did some Pho for lunch and it gave me torrential D. So, no wonder my body wanted to hang on to every bit of fluid!

I'm better today. I think what cured me yesterday was the litre of Cran-Grape light cocktail spritzers I downed. Holy pee-a-thon! That and tons of herbal tea.

Honestly, I was trying to be who I used to be with the salad, or rather lettuce binge. (Anorectic)

Once again, my tossed salad days are over.

Kate.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 48 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7119

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review