Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
How can I Incorporate Pilates?
      #206622 - 08/18/05 07:38 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hey Guys,

I'm still so confused about my exercise routine. I really like doing pilates but am not sure how to incorporate them. Is it like doing weights? Obviously it's not cardio. Right now I'm up to about 40min of weights/resistance training 3x a week with 40 min cardio on those days and 1h30min cardio on non-weight days. Could I add pilates on non-weight days or will I be preventing my muscles from healing?

Thanks,
Kelly

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: How can I Incorporate Pilates? new
      #206898 - 08/19/05 11:49 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

I'm no expert, but I would say that as most of the pilates exercises are about toning and stuff that you could do that on a weight day, instead of weights.
Good luck!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: How can I Incorporate Pilates? new
      #207246 - 08/21/05 04:51 PM
Vicam

That's the problem, I don't want to do them instead of weights, I want to do them at least 3 days a week in addition to weights, and I'm not sure if that's possible. Can anyone help me with this?
Thanks!
Kelly

Kelly new
      #207275 - 08/21/05 07:15 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Hi Kelly,

I think you can do pilates wherever you want Pilates can be pretty low-intensity though, more like yoga than weight-training (depending on how you're doing any of those three things they can all vary in intensity.) General rule, if it hurts, don't do it. You CAN do low-intensity stuff like cardio, yoga, pilates, abs etc. on weights-off days - just promise me that that you are going be resting SOMEtimes, ok? (YES, it is VERY important!)

...Personally though (and I apologize if this is not the kind of advice you're looking for or if I'm overstepping here or anything)... but I really think you need to relax a little bit on the exercise program-planning stuff and just DO it (sorry, not to quote an over-quoted campaign or anything...lol). You really don't need to stress out about it this much! The most important thing about exercise is consistency. Honestly, as long as you're exercising, you're enjoying yourself and you're not hurting yourself, then it's really hard to really screw it up or mess up potential results or something like that. You MAY be reading a bit too much into all of it. Really, just find something that works for you and that you enjoy and stick to it, and don't worry too much about the details, ok?

Hope that helps a little, and sorry if I've offended at all - defintely wasn't the goal!

Laurel new
      #207321 - 08/21/05 08:46 PM
Vicam

Don't worry, no offense taken I know I should try and lighten up about things, but being out of work and so obsessive about my weight it's hard not to obsess about exercise. I just worry a lot about hurting myself because I think I would go insane if I had to go like a week without working out I know, I'm a nut!

Anyways, just wondering, did you stay in rez at UWO? If so, which one?

Kelly

Re: Totally non Pilates related.... new
      #207404 - 08/22/05 08:58 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Maybe when Laurel comes back for school you Laurel, Betharoo and I could get together for lunch???? And anyone else who wanted to????

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 27 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3109

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review