All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 8/17/05
      #206059 - 08/16/05 09:41 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 8/17 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 8/17/05 new
      #206116 - 08/17/05 08:25 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

I will get caught up with my reports real soon and comment on everyone... I've just been really busy!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Haven't been around in a bit.... new
      #206210 - 08/17/05 01:41 PM
heather robin

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: S.E. Pennsylvania

I think for now I am just going to post my exercise routine, water amount and SFS. The food diary as easy as it sounds is a bit overwhelming for me at this point. Too much at once for me trying to leave my old "dieting" days behind me.

Exercise
Richard Simmons Blast and Tone 30 min.
2lbs endurance
5lbs strength

Water
64 oz

Acacia
1 tsp

--------------------
IBS-D

#206266 - 08/17/05 06:16 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

B: HNC and UFO tea 200 1g
snack: luna bar 180 4.5g
L1: zucchini bread about 200 and 4g
L2: rice, sausage leftovers 375 and 5g
sorbet 150
D: rice, chicken satay and peanut sauce, baby carrots 400 and 10g
De: mango and strawberry and cool whip 125
Total: about 1630 and 14% fat
No exercise due to pulled calf muscle. It is better now after the day of rest and will be okay tomorrow for biking.
Other: had some D and gurgles today and took 4 pep caps and drank a lot of tea. Feeling not so depressed now. But I do weigh 129. How did this happen?

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#206273 - 08/17/05 06:53 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Just a bummed out day. Tried to sleep off my nasty mood.

--1 L Gatorade
--2 c. carrots & creamy basil broccoli topping/dip/sauce
--yellow zucchini and cremini mushrooms (2 plates)
--spinach "salad" (tons of dill and basil)(honey dijon dressing)
--snack pack (35g) Smart Pop popcorn
--1 L broth
--cranberry juice spritzers
--3 Jolly Ranchers
--4 baby dill pickles
--4 cups fennel rooibos tea; 2 cups Tropic of Strawberry tea; over 2 L water; 3/4 pot UFO a.m. beverage

I think that's all for today.
Kate.

yellow zucchini new
      #206279 - 08/17/05 07:12 PM
Little Minnie

is that what I call summer squash? I think both names sound reasonable, but yellow zucchini would be better as "squash" scares DH and others!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#206305 - 08/17/05 08:58 PM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

soy yogurt, banana, 1 c rice chex

fake turkey on white bread w/ 1T low-fat mayonaise
4 pieces crystalized ginger

sweet potato w/ salt
1T low-fat peanut butter

mushrooms and tofu in brown sauce, w/ white rice

25 minutes various walking.

1550 calories - that's with a good bit of guessing about the chinese food. it's a little more than i'd have liked to have eaten - work was insane and stressful, and there was some overdoing it from that, and then the chinese food, which had no msg and was fine on my stomach. took half of it home for tomorrow. only 15% calories from fat, though, which is nice. need to be getting a little more protein.

j

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

Re: yellow zucchini new
      #206343 - 08/18/05 05:01 AM
Wind

Yellow zucchini is summer squash, I suppose. These ones just looked more like zucchini. They're a tad sweeter the way yellow string beans are sweeter than the green ones. Have you ever had zucchini flowers? They are delicious stuffed or just
Pam-sprayed and broiled for a few minutes to get crispy!

It's embarrassing how much zucchini I buy/eat. I tend to buy a whole refridgerator bottom drawer/veggie crisper full of it. At the market last week, they had these over-ripe (what I would call OLD zucchini) that looked like little iguanas or baby crocodiles. If the only veg. I ate all day was zucchini, I could probably eat one of those suckers! They're like boat/ship models! Needless to say, zucchini generally always agrees with me! (It's a darn good thing I love the stuff, too!)

If the term squash spooks DH, why not call it "yellow zucchini?" It's often labelled that way in Canadian grocery stores!

I love the really really anemically pale green ones and the tiny baby ones.

I used to eat zucchini most days for breakfast, years ago, on a low carb diet--usually in an egg-white frittata or omelette with lots of herbs.

Often, I use it as a grain-free crust base. Those suckers are 95 percent water. ODE TO THE HUMBLE zucchini. Three sisters soul food.

Kate.

#206577 - 08/18/05 04:33 PM
Little Minnie

I will definitely call them yellow zucchini. My friend grew them and I have been eating them from her garden this summer. I grew regular zucchini. Some of them I allow to grow really big to bake with and others I pick small to eat. I like them but need to cook them well. I don't like crunchy, underdone ones.

--------------------

#206611 - 08/18/05 06:41 PM
Wind

I generally ultra-finely slice the zucchini through the food processor--they cook faster that way. I either grill them or just lay them flat on a cookie sheet. Sometimes I cut them like french fries and spice them up. They're virtually paper thin and "scalloped." They are so easy on the tummy! Sometimes I shred them like "spaghetti." I like zucchini "hashed" as well! Sometimes I use a mandolin and slice them ultra fine length-wise as well. I love crisp, but not crunch--they must be cooked through!!! I wish I had a food dehydrator to make zucchini chips.

Alot of people wince at the sound of the word squash, but when you call summer squash "zucchini" it is somehow "acceptable." Most peculiar.

see recipe board for zucchini recipe you reminded me of -nt new
      #206706 - 08/19/05 08:11 AM
Little Minnie

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 45 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3098

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review